Thread: birchen breed??

Post Thanks / Like

birchen breed??

i saw this man and he was selling this breed called "birchen" ive never herd of this, i think he said he bred them with hatch, but does anyone know about this breed?? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: birchen breed??

yellow birchen they are a very good looking chicken.i dont know much about them but a lot of people give them a good name.

Post Thanks / Like

What man is he? Do you know his name? If there is someone else out there with Birchens I would like to know them.

You can read some history on my website.

Http://www.thefallcreekranch.com

Post Thanks / Like

nice website very good reading.first article i have read on the birchen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbirchens View Post
    What man is he? Do you know his name? If there is someone else out there with Birchens I would like to know them.

Check out JBLFARMS Jerry Lawrence He also has a history of his birds check it out. Good Pics.too

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry told me the only man he knew that maintained the pure Farris Birchen was jack Boydston. Jack raised my old rooster "Ned". He is the gold Birchen seen in the picture with Ron lutz. Jacks original birds came from Jerry shortly after he got his. Jerry now has a cock from ken love and has hens with gleeson blood in them. I have not met Jerry but he told me that on the phone. I am breeding pure Farris blood, and pure lutz Nunis blood. I do not have any for sale.

Post Thanks / Like

didnt know if you knew Jerry had em or not. Good looking birds on his web site .dont know much about em. dont know if I ever seen one show or not and I aint looking to buy any.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbirchens View Post

Pagas Haven gamefarm has them. I got some from Ed in a trade for some muffs. Then hen he sent me was 1/4 Muletrain grey and the cock was pure yellow birchen.

Post Thanks / Like

Ed has good ones. They are a different family than the Farris or lutz. His are Sears.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I will see if they suit me. I am very picky on my fowl. I know Sears has damn good blueberg muffs. Lets hope the birchens are just as good.

Post Thanks / Like

If you get Yellow Birchens & judging by the pure stuff, you don't think you like them... hold judgment until you've seen them crossed with something with a lot of power and ability ( like my McLeans )... they can bring a lot to the cross.

Post Thanks / Like

If a bird can not show qualities I am looking for pure crossing them will not help them. For instance gameness if they aint game pure crossing them will not help them just give you more junk.

Slip trust me I know thing or 2 about power fowl. One thing I noticed over the years farther south ya go less power the birds have. They more speedy down that way. In order to see true raw power ya need to come north. Roosters need all four seasons not just 2 LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Roberts, send Calvin2 a message, ask him about the new Birchens he is raising. I was also told by the man that raised my old gold rooster that he doesn't raise many. He raises them on the yard and a little baby stag will square up with roosters on the yard and get killed.

Post Thanks / Like

I just go by old saying if they game then everything else can be added.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts44903 View Post

Slip trust me I know thing or 2 about power fowl. One thing I noticed over the years farther south ya go less power the birds have. They more speedy down that way. In order to see true raw power ya need to come north. Roosters need all four seasons not just 2 LOL
    That's funny... we have at least 4 seasons here in Oklahoma... sometimes all in 1 week... we can go from drought to flash floods... 85 degree's to below 0... in a matter of hours. Summer can reach highs of 110... winter we can have wind chills of 35 below... we know a thing or 2 about seasons....

Post Thanks / Like

Funny post on here ,Gameness an issue ,at Slip's yard a question now that's funny ,4 seasons in the south ..Okla. & N.C. foothills some of the most extreme weather in the U.S. .And some of the strongest birds on the planet ,partner you must be new at this or you would know this .I know you just talking trash thou . lol .. The best birds I have ever seen are from right here in the mountains and foot hills of the Appalachian Mtn.'s. ya say
    " to see true raw power ya need to come north " you raise blues and muffs ..lmao

Post Thanks / Like

Extreme weather down there??????? Come on north of the Mason Dixie line in the winter. I seen winters drop to -30 and I seen summers in the mids 90s with high humidity.

I never fowl down south was not game just said I do not know how game my Birchens are never tried them.

As far as me being new at this well that can not be farther from the truth. Been raising and showing fowl for over 20 years buddy. I call it how I see it. I been down south showing. That was back when laws would allow it.

I showed in the major competition to. I never showed in OK or LA or even NM.

In all honesty the reason i got these Birchens was they look different and got them in a trade.

Post Thanks / Like

My goal was to give you a bit of heads up with the Birchens without just coming right out & saying it... if you can't read into what I told ya, well... gud luck....

Post Thanks / Like

What you are saying is they needed crossed. In my opinion fowl when you first get them need shown pure. If you show them pure and they lack gameness cull them all right there. If you show them pure you can see what they are lacking and decide if they are worth keeping.