Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155560616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 1962

Thread: Whitehackle

  
  1. #1921
    Senior Member spring creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    3,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Morgan pullet a friend gifted me gonna put her with Mr. Don128 Morgan cock.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  2. #1922
    Senior Member spring creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    3,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    How often do you get a yellow leg out of your Morgan's Mr. Don

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  3. #1923
    Senior Member don128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Quote Originally Posted by spring creek View Post
    How often do you get a yellow leg out of your Morgan's Mr. Don

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I've never had a yellow leg out of my main line. They all wl and sc and very close feather dress.

  4. Likes Camarines liked this post
  5. #1924
    Senior Member spring creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    3,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Quote Originally Posted by don128 View Post
    I've never had a yellow leg out of my main line. They all wl and sc and very close feather dress.
    Ok I thought I had seen one before that you had posted sorry my bad. Hope you raise a bunch last year I really like this one you sent me. I sure appreciate him again my friend.

  6. Likes don128 liked this post
  7. #1925
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Hey Kim,it's been awhile,Happy New Year to you and your family!

  8. #1926
    Senior Member don128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Quote Originally Posted by spring creek View Post
    Ok I thought I had seen one before that you had posted sorry my bad. Hope you raise a bunch last year I really like this one you sent me. I sure appreciate him again my friend.
    several years back I posted up a stag or two with yellow legs. I had line bred so long that I wanted to add blood to my old line. I found a cock in KY and he was a dandy and had white legs. I bred him over a few old hens and got a couple yellow legs in the clutches. These had great abilities, but changed my old line just too much, with leg color and feather with more purple saddle and so on. They were also more calm and quite and easy to handle. Some of my friends still think I should breed towards that, but I killed them all except the old cock wich I still have, he very old now. I found another cock thru friends and research from cali, Mr. mike fernandez, this cock looked like mine and had white leg and same feather, he also was crazy like mine, lol. I bred him into my older hens and all stayed the same, abilities and very active. I know leg color doesn't matter, but I've spent most of my life keeping these birds uniform. Your cock is out of this breeding.

  9. Thanks spring creek thanked for this post
  10. #1927
    Senior Member roostercm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Middle GEORGIA
    Posts
    750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    MR DON is my pullet also out of that breeding

  11. #1928
    Senior Member don128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Quote Originally Posted by roostercm View Post
    MR DON is my pullet also out of that breeding
    yes sir, she is my old line.

  12. Thanks roostercm thanked for this post
    Likes roostercm liked this post
  13. #1929
    Senior Member tonetone559's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Longhammer Whitehackles

  14. Thanks gritty thanked for this post
  15. #1930
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Illinois USA
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    What kind of Whitehackle?

  16. #1931
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Anyone know of any breeders in Southern California

  17. Likes chester liked this post
  18. #1932
    Senior Member spring creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    3,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Half Mr. Don128 Morgan half North Britain and got plenty more on the way.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  19. #1933
    Senior Member CA whitetoppy06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Under the Sun
    Posts
    1,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Quote Originally Posted by NKearney View Post
    A younger North Briton stag. Greekfire



    Noah

    Awesome little stag,


    quapaw did you ever try to acquire a pullet for your bosleys?

    you should have.

  20. Likes Engkanto liked this post
  21. #1934
    Senior Member roostercm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Middle GEORGIA
    Posts
    750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Quote Originally Posted by CA whitetoppy06 View Post
    Awesome little stag,


    quapaw did you ever try to acquire a pullet for your bosleys?

    you should have.
    This is my new Morgan Whitehackel from MR DON 128 now my hen has a mate

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  22. Thanks don128 thanked for this post
  23. #1935
    Senior Member CA whitetoppy06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Under the Sun
    Posts
    1,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    We know the Butcher man we know the Mug man, we know the Claret man, and we Know the Morgan man..


    these are the men I have Shared my interest to.. because they are genuine and their love for their family of fowl something deep.

    If my pockets were deeper id have em all and the outcome would be ...something would work with my dunghill toppies.


    ”Congrats roostercm”

  24. Likes roostercm liked this post
  25. #1936
    Senior Member don128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Quote Originally Posted by roostercm View Post
    This is my new Morgan Whitehackel from MR DON 128 now my hen has a mate

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    'm glad he made it safely roostercm. Cut that comb and trim him, he will give you some dandy fowl. Thx for posting him up!! yfis
    I

  26. Likes Skincarver, CA whitetoppy06 liked this post
  27. #1937
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Quote Originally Posted by don128 View Post
    several years back I posted up a stag or two with yellow legs. I had line bred so long that I wanted to add blood to my old line. I found a cock in KY and he was a dandy and had white legs. I bred him over a few old hens and got a couple yellow legs in the clutches. These had great abilities, but changed my old line just too much, with leg color and feather with more purple saddle and so on. They were also more calm and quite and easy to handle. Some of my friends still think I should breed towards that, but I killed them all except the old cock wich I still have, he very old now. I found another cock thru friends and research from cali, Mr. mike fernandez, this cock looked like mine and had white leg and same feather, he also was crazy like mine, lol. I bred him into my older hens and all stayed the same, abilities and very active. I know leg color doesn't matter, but I've spent most of my life keeping these birds uniform. Your cock is out of this breeding.
    I agree Don. I breed to the standard every time. I talked to the old man. He is going to loan I a Morgan Cock. To breed to your hen.

  28. Likes don128 liked this post
  29. #1938
    Senior Member NKearney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Really late hatched 2017 Whitehackle stag. About a year old now. Took this picture a few weeks ago.



    Noah

  30. #1939
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Nice looking bird Noah. Keep em crowing! Yfis Doc

  31. Thanks NKearney thanked for this post
  32. #1940
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Hey Don 128 what kinda bird is your avatar? Pete Barker?

    Quote Originally Posted by don128 View Post
    I've never had a yellow leg out of my main line. They all wl and sc and very close feather dress.

  33. #1941
    Senior Member don128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    He is morgan whitehackle blood from mr. mike fernandez

  34. #1942
    Senior Member NKearney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Quote Originally Posted by gobolts0513 View Post
    Nice looking bird Noah. Keep em crowing! Yfis Doc
    Thank You Sir, he is one of them that always gets your attention. Great attitude

    Noah

  35. #1943
    Senior Member tonetone559's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle


    Longhammer Whitehackle baby stag.
    Last edited by tonetone559; August 9th, 2018 at 08:48 AM.

  36. #1944
    Senior Member tonetone559's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle


  37. Likes spanky81, hoghunterdave, don128 liked this post
  38. #1945
    Senior Member tonetone559's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Last edited by tonetone559; August 10th, 2018 at 01:39 PM.

  39. Likes spanky81 liked this post
  40. #1946
    Senior Member INCUBUS06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    R d spangles from d Norman blood?

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  41. #1947
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Quote Originally Posted by tonetone559 View Post
    He reminds me of an old line my buddy’s has.

  42. #1948
    Senior Member tonetone559's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonMurphy View Post
    He reminds me of an old line my buddy’s has.
    His blood line is old school came from a older gentleman Roy Ivan from Kerman Ca . My father bought the line in 2001 or 2002 it was like pulling teeth.

  43. #1949
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    Quote Originally Posted by tonetone559 View Post
    His blood line is old school came from a older gentleman Roy Ivan from Kerman Ca . My father bought the line in 2001 or 2002 it was like pulling teeth.
    Getting the old White Hackle Blood always is. For some reason when I met this guy. He liked me. I built some cages for him. Next thing I know he gives me Murphy’s Morgan’s and an old line of White Hackle. These have been bred for 1 1/4 inch gaff for 50 plus years.

  44. #1950
    Senior Member MONGOOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,403
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitehackle

    I understand the principles of having reach. Has anyone else noticed how these old bottom lines (white hackle, hatch, Albany) and old cutting lines (claret) AREN'T really long legged?
    I have never seen a family of fowl, that are built like a the birds are built in the PI, that were extremely accurate in the longheel.

Similar Threads

  1. Whitehackle
    By Maniac Dave in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 1st, 2013, 07:03 AM
  2. Looking for Whitehackle
    By josechuchin in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 12th, 2013, 11:41 PM
  3. where can i buy whitehackle ?
    By josechuchin in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 7th, 2013, 12:37 AM
  4. Whitehackle
    By NoShowGameFowl in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 5th, 2011, 07:05 AM
  5. Whitehackle x Dom
    By robertandrei in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 26th, 2011, 08:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •