Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clement Greys?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Clement Greys?

Anybody heard of the CLEMENT GREYS? Can anyone here give a little history about the Clemnt Greys? Mr. Mike Everette you are one of th efew people here who has a pretty good knowledge of the history of Gamefowls, if you can kindly share your knowledge about this particular family of Grey?

Greatly appreciated and thank you in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clement Greys?

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety-Doo View Post
    Anybody heard of the CLEMENT GREYS? Can anyone here give a little history about the Clemnt Greys? Mr. Mike Everette you are one of th efew people here who has a pretty good knowledge of the history of Gamefowls, if you can kindly share your knowledge about this particular family of Grey?

Greatly appreciated and thank you in advance
    I ain't Mike and I don't know their history... but they are 1 of Tom Hargus's main Grey families... they are pea combed Silver Grey with blue & green legs.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Clement Greys?

Thank you Mr. Slipspur, but would they be good for the filipino show? or do you have to cross them with a spped type of fowl?

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Hargus has them he can tell you where he got them not sure about any more history than that. They remind me alot of his old blood or his good blood what ever you hear him call it the johnnys. I was lucky enough for Tom to give me two hens that are half of his old blood and both hens was in with a pure cock so the eggs that hatch should be 3/4 old blood and 1/4 mel sims.

5. Likes comancherags liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slipspur View Post
    I ain't Mike and I don't know their history... but they are 1 of Tom Hargus's main Grey families... they are pea combed Silver Grey with blue & green legs.
    Hey slipspur what kind of grey blood is that in your avatar. I use to have some frost greys that was similar to him in looks.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Clement Greys?

Mr. Slipspur you also have beautiful Greys sir! If Iam not mistaken I saw your avitar in the Gamecock Magazine am I right? Also curious just like POINTVIEW what kind of Grey family do you have sir?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

The Grey in my avatar is my old Earl Waldon blood... I believe Earl got them from Johnny Moore years ago... I've had em since 82 & he'd em long before that.

Post Thanks / Like

The clemonts grey is bred by Roy and David Brady. They popularize these greys and Mexico and they are good!

Post Thanks / Like

Also Kerry Robertoson a Randy Jumper has a good clement greys, in fact i have this line from Kerry here in Mexico.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, these were made popular in Mexico by Roy and David Brady. Gamest cocks I've seen. Tom Hargus got the blood from Roy as well and his clements are solid by all accounts. These greys are bulls, hit hard, have bottom, game beyond any doubt and an undying desire to end what they start. And they consistently throw those traits onto their offspring. When bred to Roy Brady's radios they made history and are legendary in Mexico. This cross has won thousands of times in all levels. The Radios put the cut and ability, the greys put everything else. A true nick. We had the pleasure of showing probably a hundred of these roosters over 5 year period. Win or loose they never disappointed. We won a good share of derbies and over 70% wins. We used to buy them from a wealthy friend that got a trio mated by Roy to produce battle fowl and that's what they did. That trio I'm sure produced over 300 winners. They bred that old cock well over 10 years.

On a side note, I have to say that these type of roosters (Grey/Radios) are probably a little outdated for the current game in Mexico. A few years ago there was a move towards longer double edge heels. In the old 1" single edge mexican knife I feel the Grey/Radios were on the top. With the heels used nowadays any mediocre rooster can do serious damage in a single buckle. I feel currently you need a little intelligence to do well and the old Grey/Radios were great cutting power cocks, but they are just straight ahead roosters.

12. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom is a funny fella... He hated to win quick... His handler told me that during a derby where they showed 12 Clements cocks, Tom got up & went home right in the middle of the derby because he was so disgusted... They ended up winning 11 out of the 12... Most all quick fights... Tom wanted to see them bash it out when he could show... Those fast wins didn't interest him.

14. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom is a funny fella... He hated to win quick... His handler told me that during a derby where they showed 12 Clements cocks, Tom got up & went home right in the middle of the derby because he was so disgusted... They ended up winning 11 out of the 12... Most all quick fights... Tom wanted to see them bash it out when he could show... Those fast wins didn't interest him.
    If I'm not mistaken they accutally never fought their 12th fight for they had 2 entries going for the money and no one else went 6-0

16. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by point remove View Post
    If I'm not mistaken they accutally never fought their 12th fight for they had 2 entries going for the money and no one else went 6-0
    You could be right... he said they won 11 outta 12... He never said they lost 1.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great story...shows why perhaps he still has some of the gamest fowl around.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Clement Greys?

Those Clement Greys looks like would be a good cross to a Roundhead or a Kelso? By the way hwen he fought that fowl during the days it was legal, did he fought them in a SK, Gaff or LK????

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

i saw him go to two day show and take cocks with intention in fightin in sk fight the sk first day loose a fight then next day he was borrowin spurs said that the sk wasnt for him

21. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety-Doo View Post
    Those Clement Greys looks like would be a good cross to a Roundhead or a Kelso? By the way hwen he fought that fowl during the days it was legal, did he fought them in a SK, Gaff or LK????

Thanks
    Gaff.

Post Thanks / Like

Clement Greys???

Are the Clement Greys the old Hugh Norman Fowl ??? They were Silver Greys pea combed yellow legged of what I have seen. Anyone know???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clement Greys???

Well the Clements are dark legged, green and blue. A lot of people think the Brady greys (Clements) are yellow legged but those are battle crossed to Roy's Radios.

Post Thanks / Like

They are straight comb green legged fowl. very powerful. Johnny Jumper had it first before Roy Brady.

Post Thanks / Like

The one's I'm familiar with are pea combed Silver Grey with green & blue legs.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Jumpers place last May 2008 and accrdg. to him, he got that Clements Grey from Mr. Clements of Texas. The broodcock was so big and he loaned it to Roy Brady. They always come straight comb per jumper.

Post Thanks / Like

MAc White told me they were the old bumblefoots. MAybe thay is why they come different shapes and sizes.

Post Thanks / Like

the name is actualy clemons and they are joe goode's belive it or not they are suppose to be joe goodes old left nose familly ...majority straight heads with a few pea heads green legged and will throw a rare yellow leg they come silver and butter scotch backed

30. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    the name is actualy clemons and they are joe goode's belive it or not they are suppose to be joe goodes old left nose familly ...majority straight heads with a few pea heads green legged and will throw a rare yellow leg they come silver and butter scotch backed
    Where can I get a good deal in these clemons grey Kenny?

Post Thanks / Like

They might be Joe's, but Joe's left nose were Hatch. His uncle Bill Seastrunk had Bumblefoots and Joe bred some of them.

33. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

guess they a cross cause then i aint ever seen bumblefoots like these these are way different call davey hurt up if you want to purchase some he gotem back in the day from clemons 1 662 416 0812

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nem76 View Post
    I would go to the source. However if not then there are others who also have them. I got my broodcock from Mike C from C and C gamefarm. Very nice roosters. I heard a while back that they nick with radio,kelso,roundhead and hatch. Plus they are gamer than heck and easy on the eyes.
    My uncle got a nice Grey in Guadalajara but I want to get some here in the US. They were the David Brady grey and they were good!

Post Thanks / Like

guess they a cross cause then i aint ever seen bumblefoots like these these are way different call davey hurt up if you want to purchase some he gotem back in the day from clemons 1 662 416 0812
    I've seen the Seastrunk Bumblefoot for many years since about 1968, Bill got them in 57 some come looking Chocolate breasted greys, and some are green legged sliver greys just like the Clemons.

37. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Clement Greys?

Would that mean that we cant use the CLEMENT GREYS in the LK?