Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clement Greys?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clement Greys???

seen alot of bumblefoots even saw some come pumpkin colored but none do like these totaly different styles and builds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    seen alot of bumblefoots even saw some come pumpkin colored but none do like these totaly different styles and builds
    Have you ever seen the Seastrunks?

Post Thanks / Like

probably have at one time or another saw alot of bumblefoots seen alot of greys still havent saw none like these there easy to spot if ya know what to look for

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Clement Greys?

Mr. SLIPSPUR your box is FULL! Been trying to send you a PM.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    probably have at one time or another saw alot of bumblefoots seen alot of greys still havent saw none like these there easy to spot if ya know what to look for
    No you haven't seen them, you've never heard of them. Because if you had you would know. I've seen the Clemons, I'm not saying they were Joes you did, but they sure aren't the Left Nose. Have you ever been to Joe's, Jay's or their uncle Bill?

6. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry....but isnt the Clements and the Clemons two different grey's?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clement Greys?

Quote Originally Posted by hitmonkey!!! View Post
    i saw him go to two day show and take cocks with intention in fightin in sk fight the sk first day loose a fight then next day he was borrowin spurs said that the sk wasnt for him
    The ones I had I crossed on kelso and they was hell on wheels in the SK.
    But he didnt like that weapon.

Post Thanks / Like

i got mine from davey hurt. heres his story about the clements. his uncle is johnny jumper. johnny was at a pit and met a guy with straight comb green legged greys. his last name was clements and he whooped johnny. johnny liked the greys so much he asked what they were. mr clements said he bought a trio from joe goode and these were the offspring. johnny called joe and joe verified they were from him. johnny ended up getting these roosters from mr clements and called them clements. long story short they originated from joe goode. daveys are 100 percent straight comb green legged. i also have clements from roy brady. the bradys added alot of hatch to theirs and are pea comb and straight comb.

10. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

nope never been but i can still tell you with confidence there not bumblefoots not unless there an 1/8th they dont make bumblefoots like this unless there heavy heavy in hatch blood

Post Thanks / Like

the clemons arent all silver either youll get full brothers some silver some dirty back the dirty backs arent as nice to look at but usualy make better brood cocks but most people want the silver so they bred to the silver side they dont perform like the bumblefoots at all there a different bird all together there not built like them either the clemons are built more like a blueface or old regular type super thick legs wide back wide breasted if they have bumble foot in them its not much at all maybe mine are different than everyone elses who knows but you will never ever make me belive they are bumblefoots lol

13. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think they come with some variation. The ones I've seen would come both pea and straight combed. Both green and blue legged, and also silver and butterscotch backed as someone said. We usually looked for the butterscotch backed ones as they usually were better cutters. The silver backed ones were usually more aggressive, extremely game but were just a little above average cutters. Most of what I'm familiar with were crosses anyway, but did see several pure ones and they did show the variation I described.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Clement Greys?

Quote Originally Posted by slipspur View Post
    Tom is a funny fella... He hated to win quick... His handler told me that during a derby where they showed 12 Clements cocks, Tom got up & went home right in the middle of the derby because he was so disgusted... They ended up winning 11 out of the 12... Most all quick fights... Tom wanted to see them bash it out when he could show... Those fast wins didn't interest him.
    Mr. Slipspur do you know any of Mr. hargus fowls would be good to use in the Filipino show?

Post Thanks / Like

He has the cowan RH and flarry eye grey probably best suited for the PI. He also has mel sims brownred and hatch.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Point Remove you seem quite familiar with Mr. hargus fowls have you bought those fowls you have mentioned with him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety-Doo View Post
    Mr. Point Remove you seem quite familiar with Mr. hargus fowls have you bought those fowls you have mentioned with him?
    I have gone to see Tom a few times a year for the last 2 years and on a few occasions before this. You won't find a better breeder as far as I'm concerned. I have his blacks, his penny hatch and some of his grey but the greys I want he don't have enough pure to spare.

19. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If a straight bred Clements grey come PC than it would be safe to say they had some infusion of pc blood somewhere along the line. I would say they are a base blood reg grey line from the beginning and just like any line people added and bred back out something. JMO YFIS

21. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My clements grey of R&R entry (kerry robrtson), now here in mexico in my humble farm.

23. Thanks Sly fox thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Slipspur if I may ask what kind of showbirds do you breed?

Thanks

cockfighter_199

Recently acquired Clements Greys of Mr.Tom Hargus from a friend in Oklahoma i'm going to single mate this pair I've heard alot of good about these

cockfighter_199

Thats what the pair of Clement Greys I got in today look like a dark-silver pea combed and green legged Grey the blood is off Mr. Hargus yard

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine has this line direct from David Brady and he spoke to Mr Kerry Robertson from r n r about them and he told him that theirs no rooster alive in the world that are as game as the clement grey. They are biutifu lhigh station chickens with wide backs . My buddy told me the cross very well with Brady radio

28. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    cockfighter_199

Quote Originally Posted by LaLomaRanch View Post
    A friend of mine has this line direct from David Brady and he spoke to Mr Kerry Robertson from r n r about them and he told him that theirs no rooster alive in the world that are as game as the clement grey. They are biutifu lhigh station chickens with wide backs . My buddy told me the cross very well with Brady radio
    I guarantee it I just got these birds today reason being the story behind them how game and tough back when things were different in the states I wanted to have that line,and I have also heard about the Radio/Clement how it's sone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cockfighter_199 View Post
    I guarantee it I just got these birds today reason being the story behind them how game and tough back when things were different in the states I wanted to have that line,and I have also heard about the Radio/Clement how it's sone.
    In Mexico we acquired the David Brady Clements grey cock a couple of years ago. He was one of the brothers that had won a main in Guadalajara in a palenque. They are one of the best short knife greys out there. They are very game and powerful. I wish I had some in the US. Let me know if you get some extra hens in the future. Good luck with your Clements grey breeding.

cockfighter_199

Quote Originally Posted by lurena View Post
    In Mexico we acquired the David Brady Clements grey cock a couple of years ago. He was one of the brothers that had won a main in Guadalajara in a palenque. They are one of the best short knife greys out there. They are very game and powerful. I wish I had some in the US. Let me know if you get some extra hens in the future. Good luck with your Clements grey breeding.
    Thanks my Clement grey hens laying already

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks my Clement grey hens laying already
    Which grey do you like better? The clements grey from tom or the white legged grey you have n your avatar? Like I said I really like those clements grey but have heard good stories about the manziel greys.

cockfighter_199

Quote Originally Posted by lurena View Post
    Which grey do you like better? The clements grey from tom or the white legged grey you have n your avatar? Like I said I really like those clements grey but have heard good stories about the manziel greys.
    Hmm,honestly first year with either bro,but have sparred both,and the Clement have great stamina,and move a lot and cut in different angles,the Frost break good are fast,and also throw a lot.I can't say due to not having them long,but like both pretty well so far,the Clement are bigger,and the Frost are extremely good nature.

34. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm,honestly first year with either bro,but have sparred both,and the Clement have great stamina,and move a lot and cut in different angles,the Frost break good are fast,and also throw a lot.I can't say due to not having them long,but like both pretty well so far,the Clement are bigger,and the Frost are extremely good nature.
    If you have extra clements fowl from your breeding let me know if you have some to spare. Would like to raise some here the US.

cockfighter_199

No problem I'll do that,and let you know when i get some feathered out

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know some one who try to fight clement grey in long knife? Thanks

cockfighter_199

Quote Originally Posted by giesha View Post
    Do you know some one who try to fight clement grey in long knife? Thanks
    The little I know about them.I haven't heard about them being shown in the LK only American show and Mexican show,but who knows maybe crossed to rh,or kelso