Thread: Brass Back Albany's

Post Thanks / Like

Question Brass Back Albany's

I am thinking that I would like to get some this fall. Who might have a pair or trio available then. Pictures of them would be great and a little history.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brass Back Albany's

Same here man, i would love to have some!
    I personally like these BBAs. (pictures by j007 on gamerooster)
    http://www.gamerooster.com/programs/...php?photo=7578

http://www.gamerooster.com/programs/...php?photo=7579

http://www.gamerooster.com/programs/...php?photo=8464

Post Thanks / Like

Those are nice! But I think I would prefer the darker ones. I seen some But, can not remember where. Hope someone will show some......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    hey white rooster i like them too,look at my profile and in the gallery on brood stock there is a picture of a brass back albany cock in the brood pen.these come from billy futch many yrs ago,they have done well for me.
    He's damn nice Scott. All of them show the great care you've taken of them.
    good job

Post Thanks / Like

Scott he's nice . Can u post pics of his offspring & another view of him and the hens

Post Thanks / Like

Alright Scott...... That's the Dark ones that I would be looking for..... How much wood do I need to split for a trio or a pair? lol...... Seriously, if you have any that you would part with in the fall keep me in mind! I know I won't forget to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice albany scott i like him alot

Post Thanks / Like

Lol..... Okay.... How much wood do I need to split? lol....

Post Thanks / Like

our brassback albany.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a good looking bird 3mg!!!!! I like him..... Thanks for showing us!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    hey white rooster i like them too,look at my profile and in the gallery on brood stock there is a picture of a brass back albany cock in the brood pen.these come from billy futch many yrs ago,they have done well for me.
    NICE Scott
    keep up the good work on preserving those bloodline
    good kuck

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you white rooster. Im glad you like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Brass Back Albany's

Quote Originally Posted by 3MG View Post
    our brassback albany.

nice looking brss back bro!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CARl0S View Post

Thanks my partner Joe and I like them pretty good Them and the Bruners are his top familys and favorites I also breed some of his two pick familys and My Brownreds and Gracils. The BBA come almost black most with white feathers and gold/Brass feathering on back but are not true blacks with yellow legs straight comb fast smart strong tons of heart good station they will come with lots of Gold in them the gold ones are few.Easy on the eye bring home the Blue Ribbons.Neither of us raised many of the BBA this year good hatching year but had a couple familys When caught up young ones wasnt many of. part my fault on mine as I tried some crosses and only bred 2 hens straight was a mistake as they are really good straight and this year didnt raise many theres more pictures newer on j007x long story but got two MyPIC on GR Photo Gallery --Jim
    Last edited by j007; July 10th, 2011 at 10:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j007 View Post
    Thanks my partner Joe and I like them pretty good Them and the Bruners are his top familys and favorites I also breed some of his two pick familys and My Brownreds and Gracils. The BBA come almost black most with white feathers and gold/Brass feathering on back but are not true blacks with yellow legs straight comb fast smart strong tons of heart good station they will come with lots of Gold in them the gold ones are few.Easy on the eye bring home the Blue Ribbons.Neither of us raised many of the BBA this year good hatching year but had a couple familys When caught up young ones wasnt many of. part my fault on mine as I tried some crosses and only bred 2 hens straight was a mistake as they are really good straight and this year didnt raise many theres more pictures newer on j007x long story but got two MyPIC on GR Photo Gallery --Jim
    Hi Jim how you doing Sir
    nice BBA can wait to to hove and breed on my new yard
    ill call my brother if he can send those what we that we agrie
    this week plus some donation.
    to AGBA
    good luck
    rene
    Last edited by reslingblade; July 11th, 2011 at 02:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blk mallurca View Post
    nice looking brss back bro!!!!!!
    nice BBA good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reslingblade View Post
    Hi Jim how you doing Sir
    nice BBA can wait to to hove and breed on my new yard
    ill call my brother if he can send those what we that we agrie
    this week plus some donation.
    to AGBA
    good luck
    rene
    The stag you are getting I donated to the AGBA to help with cost of fighting the **** law this year is off my GA Cock Grandson and one of my best BBA hens. There is 6 of the 10 stags and you will get the best stag in the bunch. I am keeping 2 stags out of them and all the pullets this was a special breeding I made for adding to my Brood stock. Thanks for your donation to the AGBA.-Jim
    Last edited by j007; July 11th, 2011 at 03:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, how often do you get stags like the ones that i mentioned?

Post Thanks / Like

I went back and looked for a description on one you liked couldnt find it.I may have maybe a couple of stags this year can spare is all and thats if the NewYork Cock and hen breeding she raises her 4 little ones. My 4 Brood cocks all got names so when Joe and I are talking about the BBA we know which one are talking about I got the Bobby cock,NewYork cock,GA Cock and Bill.I think theres pictures of each on GR.The Bobby cock started out really dark but on moulting came back almost gold,The New York and Bill are about normal for our BBA and the GA Cock changed colors went from black white tailed with white in wings moulted out white and now is back to like he was as a stag. Only difference in gold or Blacks is color of feathers they all show the same. Joe also has several BBA broodcocks I got some off his Whitetail cock and off the Brokeleg cock.We talked before on the BBA if you want a stag let me know pretty soon as I can only promise out one more right now at least till the other 4 get a little biggercan tell more about them. I plan on makeing 8 singlematings this next breeding season so should be plenty for next year.Poor planning on my part this year I was concentrating on my Brownreds and Asils as I had let them get lower than I wanted them to be.-Thanks Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, i am in no rush to acquire some of your fantrastic BBAs. I would prefer to let you raise several, so i could hopefully get a trio(preferably). If time does come where you or Joe are willing to let some go, i would prefer a stag/cock like these:

I appreciate your offerings, but to tell you the truth i am not really comfortable in getting some while you are sort of low on them. As stated before i am in no rush at all, and hopefully i can get some.
    I went to Leon River Farm, and they had some BBA and BBB, but they didnt stand a chance in comparison to yours and Joes. In my opinion yours and Joes are superior by far, also you have had more experience with gamefowl than what ive had and you speak highly of them and i will take your word.

-CARLOS

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, i am in no rush to acquire some of your fantrastic BBAs. I would prefer to let you raise several, so i could hopefully get a trio(preferably). If time does come where you or Joe are willing to let some go, i would prefer a stag/cock like these:

I appreciate your offerings, but to tell you the truth i am not really comfortable in getting some while you are sort of low on them. As stated before i am in no rush at all, and hopefully i can get some.
    I went to Leon River Farm, and they had some BBA and BBB, but they didnt stand a chance in comparison to yours and Joes. In my opinion yours and Joes are superior by far, also you have had more experience with gamefowl than what ive had and you speak highly of them and i will take your word.

-CARLOS
    Those arre some 2 year olds we showed.Not short on Broodstock just made some crosses this year to try and turned hot didnt get the hatchs I had hoped for was gonna breed some straight late ones for some extra pullets we still got some Fresh BBA cocks we didnt get to show this year it was as hot this spring as our Summers usually are Good for the chicks if the eggs dont go bad and not hatch.I used a incubator this year for some early ones first time used one in years got a couple batches of early ones but also messed up a bunch of eggs-operator error.Overall best hatching in years just came up short in couple familys. Thanks for the nice comments we are pretty proud of our fowl and are seldom the underdog at shows.--Jim

Post Thanks / Like

One of those in the pictures is Bill one of my Brood cocks I got him after he won a couple Blue Ribbons partner gifted him to me when he was retired.I will try and get a updated picture of him and post it on GR he will be 4 this coming year was 2 in the older picture I used him for last 2 seasons to make some crosses I got one straight hen bred to him now the Black Spangle hen with the 10 GA cock stags n pullets but dont look like shes gonna lay any more this year-Jim
    Last edited by j007; July 11th, 2011 at 10:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j007 View Post
    I went back and looked for a description on one you liked couldnt find it.I may have maybe a couple of stags this year can spare is all and thats if the NewYork Cock and hen breeding she raises her 4 little ones. My 4 Brood cocks all got names so when Joe and I are talking about the BBA we know which one are talking about I got the Bobby cock,NewYork cock,GA Cock and Bill.I think theres pictures of each on GR.The Bobby cock started out really dark but on moulting came back almost gold,The New York and Bill are about normal for our BBA and the GA Cock changed colors went from black white tailed with white in wings moulted out white and now is back to like he was as a stag. Only difference in gold or Blacks is color of feathers they all show the same. Joe also has several BBA broodcocks I got some off his Whitetail cock and off the Brokeleg cock.We talked before on the BBA if you want a stag let me know pretty soon as I can only promise out one more right now at least till the other 4 get a little biggercan tell more about them. I plan on makeing 8 singlematings this next breeding season so should be plenty for next year.Poor planning on my part this year I was concentrating on my Brownreds and Asils as I had let them get lower than I wanted them to be.-Thanks Jim
    Hey Jim,

You said those BBAs do very well when crossed especially to speed type fowls like your Redquills. I also read in several threads that Whitehackles and Blues complement each other very well. When we were at your place last year, I saw some Blues (Pyle looking) at Joe's yard. I wonder if you or Joe have tried crossing these BBAs to those Blues and if you did, how's the overall quality of the crosses? I'm also curious how the crosses would look like, more on BBA or an assortment of different colors?
    Been wanting to ask this question to you but keeps on forgetting, sign of old age, LOL..

yfis,
    Edwin
    Last edited by Engkanto; August 2nd, 2011 at 11:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Engkanto View Post
    Hey Jim,

You said those BBAs do very well when crossed especially to speed type fowls like your Redquills. I also read in several threads that Whitehackles and Blues complement each other very well. When we were at your place last year, I saw some Blues (Pyle looking) at Joe's yard. I wonder if you or Joe have tried crossing these BBAs to those Blues and if you did, how's the overall quality of the crosses? I'm also curious how the crosses would look like, more on BBA or an assortment of different colors?
    Been wanting to ask this question to you but keeps on forgetting, sign of old age, LOL..

yfis,
    Edwin
    Those were Perrys Blues and they were really good very game super cutters.He told me what they were cant think of it right now but I think Perry is gong to breed more of them.I am not a big fan of Blues but would breed those if was on my yard.It will come back to me in a little while what they are and will holler at you.BBA on Sid Taylor and straight they got COY and a coupleMemorial trophys for special events.Tempted to put asil in the BBA just to see what would do but sure need to breed some straight ones almost waited too late this year not a problem for me I got plenty of brood fowl in the BBA got 4 cocks and 6 hens produce quite a few enough for me not so good for any to share.I only got about 20 young BBA this year out of three settings I posted a picture of one of my pairs and 7 little ones on sabong Picture Gallery under j007 -Jim Thanks BamaOkie he knew what Perrys Blues was Colby Pyles some of the best Blues I have seen.Engkanto might be sign of aging but for me its I got high Milage not year model fixing to be 59 thats still young.Everyone in my family knows not ask me to remember anything but I know every cock stag hen pullet and biddy once they get bout quail size wife says I filter everything else-LOL-Jim
    Last edited by j007; August 3rd, 2011 at 07:19 AM. Reason: add pic info

Post Thanks / Like

-CARLOS
    Most of them come dark the gold one in the pic those are few and the white more hard to come by but dont matter the feather color they are just as good only paint job is different. Also probably mentioned they can change color seen them go from dark to white and dark to gold. The pic on GR shows the Bobby cock when was a stag/bull stag very dark same cock pictured after moult came back with lots of brass/gold in him almost one of the Gold ones. The young ones off the GACock Grandson and Black spangle hen are Black and white too young for brass in back but be interesting to see what they turn out to they are linebred off the old GA cock made them spectial for brood fowl.-Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, its interesting to see that your BBAs change a bit, i thought at first that some of your BBAs stayed with that plumage and moulted back into it buti guess i was wrong!

If you dont mind me asking, what is your cull ratio on your BBAs? (you dont have to answer if you dont want to, i will understand)

Post Thanks / Like

I remembered a Brassback ALbany post so did a search for it easy to find. back to the top

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, its interesting to see that your BBAs change a bit, i thought at first that some of your BBAs stayed with that plumage and moulted back into it buti guess i was wrong!

If you dont mind me asking, what is your cull ratio on your BBAs? (you dont have to answer if you dont want to, i will understand)
    Cull rate is very low the few culls are mostly for weight as hatched real late in the season can come small.Other reason to cull would be yard accident or a very very few can be a little hard to handle got older and slower and I dont tolerate a mean one they are culled first. last year 27 two year olds partner only culled 2 one had a accident and one was ill natured and fast with his spurs.Not that bad catching him off a cord but he would catch you coming out of a pen.-sorry didnt answer earlier been a very busy breeding season for me my son came by today told me most stags he ever saw on the place not many pullets and he was only looking at the ones that were hanging out with the cows was that many more running around the rooster barn.Been good year on stags.

Post Thanks / Like

what a nice Brass Back Albany's right there...