Thread: Ray Alexander

Post Thanks / Like

Ray Alexander

Does any one know the contact info for Ray alexander or is he still alive?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ray Alexander

rayalexanderfowl.com his website with phone number

Post Thanks / Like

(202)763-9601......had some rh i got from him direct when i started they were all terrible except one pullet he must have messed up and sold her.... i crossed her with a ruble stag "only hatch i had then" and all her young were great loved them all..... so try to get some little ones off him just so he might give you a good one

roundhead man

not to ruffle any feathers but ive been breeding his roundhead. they are some of the best fowl i have seen great for the sk. needless to say 9 times out of 10 its the breeder not the fowl that are worthless.
    and his number is (205) 956-1291 or (205)763-9601. i spoke with him this sat 7/9/2011 hid doing great and he has fowl ready to ship as long as the weather lets him

Post Thanks / Like

roundhead man??? i said one of them i got is great and would not take any thing for her but the others were terrible...... and he has some amazing birds but if you dont know him you are not going to get them..... any one will tell you it is hit or miss like coondawg said but i think i am going to take the risk and try to get some good ones again
    Last edited by Mule Train guy; July 14th, 2011 at 11:26 AM.

roundhead man

i have two of his lines and my brother has two of his lines also. we have nothing bad to say about them i didnt hand pick them nor did my brother we ordered them over the phone. the fact of the matter is that all the big time breeders out there are not in the business to send junk this is what they make a living from so no matter were u buy your fowl from if your a GOOD BREEDER you will be ok thanks. and sorry if the truth hurts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roundhead man View Post
    i have two of his lines and my brother has two of his lines also. we have nothing bad to say about them i didnt hand pick them nor did my brother we ordered them over the phone. the fact of the matter is that all the big time breeders out there are not in the business to send junk this is what they make a living from so no matter were u buy your fowl from if your a GOOD BREEDER you will be ok thanks. and sorry if the truth hurts
    ok so hey, just go buy you some rir and breed them and tell me how it works for you.... you sound like brk lol.........and i dont like being ok at what i do, you must like being ok.... i am great at what i do

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roundhead man View Post
    Being a good breeder has alot to do with it but if a crook sends you junk then no matter what kind of breeder you are you can't breed good fowl. Maybe not all of the large breeders will do this and I don't believe Ray would on purpose. I once had some hatch chickens that was had picked from a large breeders yard and this guy makes a good living raising gamefowl and I would love to meet the GOOD BREEDER who could have made them even honest fowl!!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a trio of his clarets and they have done good for me. Theyre nothing fancy but add cut and brains to anything you crosss em to and get the job done. They were also ordered over the phone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ga coondawg View Post
    Being a good breeder should not really effect how the fowl you get from a man act in your first generation from the original owner...

Think about it like this.... If he sells you a trio and says they are gonna make you good ones then they should... now if you are a bad breeder then after a couple generations they would have degenerated and that is not the original breeders fault, it's your fault, if do poor because you din't keep them in good health then that is also your fault

not trying to fuss or argue..... just the way I see it
    I agree but if that first breeding of pure chicks from that trio gives you all runners then it is most likely he sold you junk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by point remove View Post
    I agree but if that first breeding of pure chicks from that trio gives you all runners then it is most likely he sold you junk.
    Exactly, the first generation off the main trio were bad no matter what I put with them but all the generations off the one good one were great

Post Thanks / Like

It always amazes me that these legendary long time breeder/sellers would even have junk on their yard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by delano77 View Post
    It always amazes me that these legendary long time breeder/sellers would even have junk on their yard.
    Some of them can't raise enough to keep the orders full so they have outside farms where people raise for them and that's where the junk comes from.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rojas View Post
    Does any one know the contact info for Ray alexander or is he still alive?
    Oh no! He is much alive and kicking...Just be careful with your last 4 last words as it doesn't sounds good....

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! this turn in to some chicken talk ha.
    meant no disrespect. I am happy he is with us and in good health, thank you for providing the contact info. I did call him and asked him if he had some Judge Lacy Roundheads and he said that he does have some, so I told him I will drive down to his farm in 2 weeks from now, he was very welcoming and said when ever your ready just call me and let me know you are coming.
    On a diferent note I have been looking for a pure Judge Lacy Roundhead trio for a wile now and I thought I have found it when I purchase a pair from Red Fox Farm talk to the lady owner Rochelle brown. and drove down to her farm to hand pick the pair, needless to say I was like a kid in a candy store and forgat all about checking the birds for defects, it never cross my mind because I was getting the birds from RED FOX FARM right! well we drove back to Charlotte and after aweek of having the birds in my house I'd picked up the rooster and he had the bigest dint on the brest bone and picked up the pullet and the same thing the 2 of them had a croocked breast bone, so I call her and she said that it was very normal because they sleep on the roost and the weight of the bird makes them get that croocked breast bone. After that answer I decided not to say anything else but can you please refund my money and I will send back your birds. she said ok and I got my money back. so after looking and asking I found out about Ray alexander roundhead, their are people out there selling this birds for $150 or $250 but why do that when you can go to the farm and pick them out straight from the breeder.

Post Thanks / Like

Now, I have heard that Ray is the most honest person you can deal with. Having said this I have looked him up like crazy and found some of his pictures where he is visiting some farm in the philipines and he is on a scooter, now this means that he needs some help to deal with hes fowl, meaning other people have to handle the birds also. after the experiance i had with Red Fox I knew I needed to educate my self about what to look in a bird for breeding purposes because you can't rely on other people to get what you are looking for it is up to you to make sure you get what you need. So, one of the friends on my friend list on facebook is Kenny Troiano from California. and he's got this 2 books on gamefowl breeding, it is the best book out there with the best of info you could ever need, with this new tools I can go any farm and hand pick a bird and know that I am getting what I am looking for. Mr alexander is a great gamefowl breeder that knows what he is doing it would help if I know what I am looking for and have some knowledge about a good pair of gamefowl birds. fool me once shame on you, fool me twice chame on me. thank you guys for your help. I appologize for the bad speling it is in working progress.
    Last edited by Rojas; July 15th, 2011 at 02:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hats off to Red Fox farm I guess for treating you so well to buy back the chickens you personally selected after an entire week. Shows how far they would go to please a customer.
    Last edited by springwater; July 15th, 2011 at 04:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    Hats off to Red Fox farm I guess for treating you so well to buy back the chickens you personally selected after an entire week. Shows how far they would go to please a customer.

That is pretty impressive, most breeders wouldn't do that especially after hand picking your own birds.

Post Thanks / Like

We bought trio from Ray Alexander years back through shipment. A Claret Broodcock and 2 roundhead hens with Wingband Eaglestrike and Legband Alexander Gamefarm. I just want to confirm you guys if these were authentic Ray Alexander fowl. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I was realy lucky that they took back their chickens, for a couple of days I thought I was stuck with a couple of $600 dollar culls. And in my opinion Kenny Troianos book is good for everybody in the planet that owns gamefowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree. I was very lucky they took their chickens back. But I will learn from that and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    That is pretty impressive, most breeders wouldn't do that especially after hand picking your own birds.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree. I was very lucky they took their chickens back. But I will learn from that and move on.
    i must agree with both of you, I bought a hen fr. red fox, and she did not charge my card until I received the hen in PI.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! this turn in to some chicken talk ha.
    meant no disrespect. I am happy he is with us and in good health, thank you for providing the contact info. I did call him and asked him if he had some Judge Lacy Roundheads and he said that he does have some, so I told him I will drive down to his farm in 2 weeks from now, he was very welcoming and said when ever your ready just call me and let me know you are coming.
    On a diferent note I have been looking for a pure Judge Lacy Roundhead trio for a wile now and I thought I have found it when I purchase a pair from Red Fox Farm talk to the lady owner Rochelle brown. and drove down to her farm to hand pick the pair, needless to say I was like a kid in a candy store and forgat all about checking the birds for defects, it never cross my mind because I was getting the birds from RED FOX FARM right! well we drove back to Charlotte and after aweek of having the birds in my house I'd picked up the rooster and he had the bigest dint on the brest bone and picked up the pullet and the same thing the 2 of them had a croocked breast bone, so I call her and she said that it was very normal because they sleep on the roost and the weight of the bird makes them get that croocked breast bone. After that answer I decided not to say anything else but can you please refund my money and I will send back your birds. she said ok and I got my money back. so after looking and asking I found out about Ray alexander roundhead, their are people out there selling this birds for $150 or $250 but why do that when you can go to the farm and pick them out straight from the breeder.
    If I may ask, where is his farm located?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

if you start with junk you end up with junk and vice versa.

Post Thanks / Like

there are some good ones up there but you are not going to get them i dont think to many people around here got screwed no lube or nothin