Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dunghills

Dunghills

I know any of you cockers with experience have seen a "Dunghill" start to pour it on when they think they are ahead, but they are still just "Dunghills".....just thinking out loud

Re: Dunghills

Yeah.... But, most off the time they do pour it on they are just pushing off instead of cutting..... Just thinking out loud with Ya.....

I remember it was maybe close to 18 years ago I had a buckhaws brownred cock. I just ordered brand new set of spurking gaffs. Needless to say I sat him and he kill the other cock on his score line then ran. Damn brush hacks I lost a good set of heels that day. LOL By the time we got the shotgun to get him he was long gone. Oh well lesson learned LOL

We've all seen 'em play dead too, in hopes the other guy quits beating on them..They look up with one eye and beg it too be over.Lmao..One of the biggest problems with dunghills is not many can actually tell a dunghill from a gamecock. They think if he dont run and/or squall he is a gamecock. Then you hear those famous words for the reason he lost "he must have got hit somewhere"!! Well Duh..LOL..

haha your right irishcut they pick em up turn em over like they inspectin him flip his feathers up 'must got hit somewhere i didnt see it i bet hes dead for i get the heels off em"

mike your thinking got me thinking about one particular show some years ago. a friend ordered some chicks from some folks and raised a beautiful hatch rooster. well he went to show this rooster and this fellows hatch rooster went to shuffling and did not stop till it was over. i believe it was one of the longest shuffles i have ever seen. well he put him in the drop pen and some other cockers walked by with another rooster and he went to squalking and everything. lol all the people that were praising to my friend just walked off left him looking crazy lol. i still ant never seen nothing like it. to be honest i dont think he got hit.

buddy of mine had a black shuffler set the world on fire when he first came out but the longer it went the more you could tell he really didnt want to be there he won barely buddy said he was gonna breed him.i said let me take him and put him over some hens.needless to say a varmit got him the first night what a shame.

whats a true sign is when u see one that is about whipped and he hurts the other cock or a earlier hit starts showin up in the other cock ,and then all of a sudden he starts showin off on the downed cock

Quote Originally Posted by blades61 View Post
    buddy of mine had a black shuffler set the world on fire when he first came out but the longer it went the more you could tell he really didnt want to be there he won barely buddy said he was gonna breed him.i said let me take him and put him over some hens.needless to say a varmit got him the first night what a shame.
    You may have done him a favor... But that's still dirty...

My friend bought a $10.00 Bantress Rooster, around 2 yrs old, placed him with three pullets for a month. Fought him, and almost won, but got cut in the neck, only reason it came to a draw. The other one dead on the spot...could not believe it at all. But sometimes this birds are territorial and will still protect their pullets even with a cold steel...this is a what you call a fluke.

i told him later what i did.he said i already knew what you had in mind.hes still my best friend today.

Next time your watching the drag pits take note which roosters drop their tails and which ones quit and see if theres a correlation.

Dunghills are funny. I knowing fought one years ago just to see what happened and i showed him 6 differant times in hacks. The bird won 5 times for me and was a cutting machine. He won 2x gaff & 3x sk and even won in the drag once in gaff. Sk he won clean all 3x just cutting the other bird to pieces and on fight 6 he cut the other birds knife leg but got cut himself. He never ran but what he did is play dead. He layed there with his eyes wide open and wouldnt move. The other bird couldnt finish cause of his leg but won on the peck. So yes dunghills are something else, no telling what they will do.
    Yfis
    Mark

i think fighting cocks whether they are dunghills, have more guts and gameness than most humans who think they tuff......i bet if any of us got into a fight with another man and he stabbed you in the chest with a 4 inch knife or ice pick a few times, i bet you run....the birds get their legs cut out and tendons hanging and guts out on the floor and then you say they are dunghills for quitting....try let someone hang your guts to the floor and cut your tendon in your heel and see how long you keep fighting....and thats just me thinking out loud.....

Quote Originally Posted by kawika View Post
    i think fighting cocks whether they are dunghills, have more guts and gameness than most humans who think they tuff......i bet if any of us got into a fight with another man and he stabbed you in the chest with a 4 inch knife or ice pick a few times, i bet you run....the birds get their legs cut out and tendons hanging and guts out on the floor and then you say they are dunghills for quitting....try let someone hang your guts to the floor and cut your tendon in your heel and see how long you keep fighting....and thats just me thinking out loud.....
    If it were my life on the line, I would fight until my last breath, guts hanging, tendons cut and all. Never have I tucked my tail in a fight, yep I've had my ass whipped, that's just part of it. I also consider myself an honest guy and expect those same things from my birds, my family, and my friends.

To Kawika: Why do you compare human beeing to a gamecock?

Quote Originally Posted by revol konam View Post
    To Kawika: Why do you compare human beeing to a gamecock?
    exactly my thoughts we are not a GAMEhuman they are GAMECOCKS what im sayin they are bred for fightin to death no matter the injury!!

One time at a local pit when fighting was legal of course I got to witness the funniest fight between a Big beautiful Blacksid cock and a long legged sharp as a tack lemon necked blueface rooster both cocks were real Movers & shakers and the fight went several pittings with dust and feathers flying everywhere and on it being a money fight for the owner of the fine hatch cock it is always customary to leave money fights in the large arena instead of moving it to the smaller drag areas...anyways after a while of nip n tuck the big Black rooster with a green shine to his feathers decided to head for higher ground..so he went too squacking and cawing & took too running & flying against the glass with the Big lemon neck hatch chasing him like a stag chasing a hen all the while..the crowd was roaring and laughing and catcalling & poking fun at the handler of the Jet Blacksid rooster..after a 3 counts they took them to the short line and faced them off and Dropped em before the sid took off though he let out the damnest..longest shuffle you ever did see and proceeded with his usual running with the ole green leg chasing afterin hot pursuit..only this time the the green leg was going a tad slower than just stoppedto a halt and started spitting up blood and squatted down to the pit floor.
    On seeing this the Big black badboy turned around and started fighting like a maddog..clipping back and forth over the now very dead hatch and burying both heels for a handle. The Black was proclaimed the winner and the owner of the Blueface was Knocked out of a chunk of some pretty good money.
    Several fights broke out in the crowd..screaming and yelling among the gamblers which a lot protested thinking a runner automatically loses but the house said 3 tens and a twenty what was needed to win..which it was broke on the twenty as well as the very game blueface hatch cocks neck..lol
    Later on the owner of the blueface sent a man over and bought the black cock cheap..it being a runner and all and the man took out behind the pit and did not come back with it.
    You can use your imagination what he did toit.. it costed him several grand knocking him out of day money n all..I told my boy he prolly turned it loose to run wild n free..haha
    Either way it was the strangest fight i can recall..

Quote Originally Posted by kawika View Post
    That totally came from the left field... I rest my case...

one time my brother purchased some chicks from a 'hatchery" that advertised in the gamecock. I knew this was a bad idea. anyways raised em up and they sparred like demons and looked like a millon bucks. The first one we tried to fight headed for the hills in the first pitting after he had the other rooster about finished in the sk. Went home and started heelin em up in gaffs and ended up culling all the pure ones as they quit as soon as they felt the steel. the half blood crossed on anything else were awesome and you couldn't hardly whip em with an alligator. Fought one that was about 3/8 this blood 4 times in all three weapons once in az, twice in nm, and once in la at the bayou club (all when legal). The last three fights he won with a crippled up club foot from a cut across his leg rite above his foot in his first fight. walked with a real bad limp. During his last fight some one called out "don't tell that rooster he's crippled cause he don't know it". We didn't keep on breeding them, just fought em off. it was tempting though as the crosses could win just about anywhere in any weapon. I could see why someone would want to keep dunghills like this around though just for battlecrosses as good as they were.
    Last edited by wild willy; September 16th, 2011 at 03:21 AM.

I got a story for you. We was fighting at a pit in Oklahoma several years back. We were on a pretty good roll and had won 6 of the last 7 derbies they had fought there. We came up for our money fight in the 8th derby and met a hatch asil rooster in the sk. We had one of our same ol kelso roosters. That asil cross knocked us down and coupled us in the first pitting. The whole crowd went to hooping and hollering and yelling yall aint going to take home the trophy this week. I noticed our rooster wasnt mortally wounded, just coupled so unless the asil killed us while we were down, I was confident our rooster would be able to peck for a long time(feels good to know you got a game rooster in these situations) My pitter would pit our rooster and he would peck and try to pull up for a hit but then fall over to side... that asil would just peck and throw a shuffle into the ground but wasnt really aggressive and couldnt cut us on the ground. After a while my pitter started talking to the other pitter telling him things like boy that asil is trying hard aint he, and boy look how strong those shuffles are. These are just little things said to keep the other pitter pushing his bird trying to show off and not give the asil time to rest. About an hour later the asil is starting to go into shock from fatigue and my kelso is getting better and getting where he can throw a better lick before falling over. After another thirty minutes, my kelso reached underneath the asil and grabbed a bill full of chest feathers and pulled that asil down and threw a shuffle from underneath. We hung that sk up socket and all. That was all it took as the asil laid down and never broke the count again. I believe you could have heard a pin drop when we got our trophy. Of course my daddy raised me not to brag so I didnt say anything to anyone. Just shook the asil owners hand and said sometimes its just your day. But inside I was sure feeling good.
    Last edited by springwater; September 16th, 2011 at 04:05 AM.

cockfighter_199

very interesting stories lol like to hear more

cockfighter_199

While were on this topic speaking of running those rockytop kelsos i had would spar like you've never seen but when they heeled they werent cut out for it(due to the fact of being a different strain)anyways never had any problems from the greys from him they all gave it their all every time but by watching the kelsos spar you would have thought they were machines i no longer have those fowl but it happens to everyone no one can say they've never seen one run Ive seen them be ahead on a downed bird and the one who was ahead just walk away thinking it was all over and come back the one downed would throw a last desperation shuffle and win it

around 20 year ago i paid 350.00 for a pair from a breeder everyone on here knows raised some nice stags i was real excited to lace em up but they were rank dungills when they were ahead they did ok but they had a hard time gettin ahead i called the guy he said that was the nature of them they might of been ok crossed but i will never know.i still have some of his fowl just not that line.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmonkey!!! View Post
    whats a true sign is when u see one that is about whipped and he hurts the other cock or a earlier hit starts showin up in the other cock ,and then all of a sudden he starts showin off on the downed cock
    really............ so a cock that gets back in the game and shows bottom , is a dunghiull just becuase he did it after the other bird got ill , ever take a nerve shot that takes your legs and you getting wooped , loosing count but breaking , the it happens , the GAME cock gets his legs back and walop, the other bully is down now and get beat on , , true dunghills right there i tell ya , i say if the bird cant get him self out the cock house dooor on his own , drop all the guys in the hall way like a friggin ninja and take the gaff or knife in wing and approach the cock house of every other bird at the show , and str8 slaughter them like a country boty playing ninja , he aint nuttin g but a dunghill any ways

I think what hitmonkey is talking about is those kind that seem to go to sleep and look like they are on deaths door until they notice the other bird cant hurt them anymore then they suddenly come back to life and fight like a barnstormer.

You haven't fought enough cocks in the gaff, if you don't think a cock can't tell were he's at in a fight. It ain't always just coming from behind....he can tell if the other cock wants to fight,,and a lot of dunghill cocks will start hitting really hard and if that doesn't work they will quit or sull.....a good game cock will hit the same throughout the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by borderlinefowl View Post
    really............ so a cock that gets back in the game and shows bottom , is a dunghiull just becuase he did it after the other bird got ill , ever take a nerve shot that takes your legs and you getting wooped , loosing count but breaking , the it happens , the GAME cock gets his legs back and walop, the other bully is down now and get beat on , , true dunghills right there i tell ya , i say if the bird cant get him self out the cock house dooor on his own , drop all the guys in the hall way like a friggin ninja and take the gaff or knife in wing and approach the cock house of every other bird at the show , and str8 slaughter them like a country boty playing ninja , he aint nuttin g but a dunghill any ways

LMAO!..that's true funny

Quote Originally Posted by Butch93 View Post
    Dunghills are funny. I knowing fought one years ago just to see what happened and i showed him 6 differant times in hacks. The bird won 5 times for me and was a cutting machine. He won 2x gaff & 3x sk and even won in the drag once in gaff. Sk he won clean all 3x just cutting the other bird to pieces and on fight 6 he cut the other birds knife leg but got cut himself. He never ran but what he did is play dead. He layed there with his eyes wide open and wouldnt move. The other bird couldnt finish cause of his leg but won on the peck. So yes dunghills are something else, no telling what they will do.
    Yfis
    Mark
    i'm sure your wallet liked him.

it's funny how many proud "game" breeders out there would consider a family like Gilliam's rh dunghills and not worth breeding, but they got no where near what Gary G. got as far as trophies and prized $, so they consolate themselves with how "game" their dead birds were...

starten to sound to me like a ALOT of people have ALOT of experiance with dunghills , , but maybe i jjust aint been around long enough to see it like this for myself , LAWD hope i never do ,