Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flaws of Law against Cockfighting

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flaws of Law against Cockfighting

Here in the PI there are 2 ways to attack a law:

1) Have the Supreme court declare such Law as unconstitutional. and;

2) Thru legislation.

I do not know if you guys there in the states have taken this matter all the way to the U.S. Supreme court but if you have the finances/determination to take it to the highest court of the land then you might just have a shot after reading up all your good points in this thread. I just see no way for the U.S. to get cockfighting back thru legislation...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jam671 View Post
    so what do you people think? Is naked heel considered as cockfighting?
    If it isnt and in court cannot be proven it is cockfighting because there is no weapons tied onto the legs, then naked heel is one of the legal ways of cockfighting.
    With that, i think people can easily grow one of the spurs long and make it pointed like a gaff. It actually natural for the spur to get sharp. So there would be no way to prove that the spur was made sharp. I am think if the spur was long and sharp, it can still kill another bird quickly. i dont know if this is okay, maybe someone with law background can see if this is one way to allow natural spur fights.

This would also mean, all cocks must be at least 2 years before they could even compete.
    Cockmates for me naked heel is consedered a cockfighting..If the bird turn loose and fight without anybody watching that's natural and teritorial.No one can be charge by the law if no one is around simple. But if a spectator is around YES thats cockfighting.
    Beacuse of our Hobby and our sports we all think that it's not illegal just to avoid the LAW...The best thing is do it in a place where its LEGAL.
    my one cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been reading here for the past couple of months, been offline for a few years. There are some really smart folks here, If we can get away from debating feed,color,who did what and when, I believe yall can get your heads together and come up with some really good ways to defend ourselves against the crap their coming up with. Throw it out there, and dont spend days fussing about how many t's are crossed. Try to tweek it till it works. Its time we worked together. We cant outspend em but I think we have smarter folks. Back when we had 4000 members here, we had a phone tree. When sumtin came up everyone was called and they in turn called their reps. Them folks count votes as well as dollars. YFIS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oybuanghlomdiha View Post
    Cockmates for me naked heel is consedered a cockfighting..If the bird turn loose and fight without anybody watching that's natural and teritorial.No one can be charge by the law if no one is around simple. But if a spectator is around YES thats cockfighting.
    Beacuse of our Hobby and our sports we all think that it's not illegal just to avoid the LAW...The best thing is do it in a place where its LEGAL.
    my one cents.
    An argument can be made by easily saying, what if i was just watching it in the wild, and two birds went at it. Is that cockfighting? If no weapons are put on the birds, that means we did not interfere with what is natural. What evidence will they use to say we made the birds fight? As you know how the law works, no evidence, means no crime.
    Last edited by jam671; July 22nd, 2011 at 07:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    Or write a bill to force the court to preserve the evidence since the H$US fails miserably at that task, and you will see even less jurisdictions fooling with cockfighting. Especially if all cockers were able fight the charges and not take a plea, or at least postpone the trial long enough to become a burden on the courts and take a plea 6-12 months down the road.

Maybe we could use their tactics, and spread propaganda to the public with videos of them senselessly killing our pets before we even get our day in court. Force them to care for our animals every day until trial. That crap they use "oh the animal could not be rehabilitated" should not be allowed as an excuse to kill animals. It specifically states on any hatchery website or catalog that gamefowl must be kept separated as they are very territorial, nowhere does it state that it is some sort of flaw and can be fixed by rehabilitation, it's just a trait they possess, similar to the beta fish.
    The public needs to see that what we are doing is natual and what there doing is inhumane. Killing a whole farm of roosters for being game? Public opinion needs to be on our side and we must expose there tactics. They have done a good job of pulling the wool over the publics eyes and have hidden there true agenda

Post Thanks / Like

Their true agenda is to get money. That is all they want, so they do these stuff to act like they are doing something good, but in reality they are just wanting the money of ignorant movie stars, singers, and city folks that dont know better.
    Last edited by jam671; July 22nd, 2011 at 08:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

....the safest Cockfighting can still be held 3+ miles onshore in a Cruiseship own by a none USA citizen....

//

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BANDERADO View Post
    ....the safest Cockfighting can still be held 3+ miles onshore in a Cruiseship own by a none USA citizen....
    //
    If you sail the ship I'll come play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    If you sail the ship I'll come play.

if Boxing promoters can take on Big Derby promotions....easy for them on the venues/cruiseship ...they sure much better know the mechanics....

//

Post Thanks / Like

If PET@ compare cockfighting to crack heads and drug addicts

I compare animal lovers to animal worshiper, hedonism, child molester, tax evader money grabber SOB

Post Thanks / Like

Banderado, the prob. we would have there is getting our fowl on to the ship. We can only raise fowl for show and breeding.

Post Thanks / Like

...we can tell its for their regular grooming hehehe.....somebody bought it if in case doesn't comeback and you will be tax he3....speedboat or ferries in and out....these shud be 2x a year only events like the Philippines WSC....cockers in the eastcoast/gulfcoast as they are the farthest from Mexico specially....inland is only for kahigs but that would be baitings tsk tsk tsk .......

//

Post Thanks / Like

The idea of having a reality show of a gamefarm breeders lifestyle has been brought up. This would be a good chance for cockfighters to show the world what this hobby is about and the type of family people we are. We just need to find a farmer that has a good charisma. I personally feel this would teach people that roosters fight naturally and we are merely letting them do what they do naturally. We need to give this idea to a producer and have it aired on history channel. I am sure I would watch every episode for sure.

I think the producers that are doing the swamp people shooting alligators would be interested. We just need to send them the idea.

Some charismatic people that would be good on video is, just suggestions: Rat Graves, Jeff Hudspeth, Speedy Gonzales, Larry Barletta,

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/46473/castcrew

You Guys said you want to educate the public, what other way to educate than do a reality show right?
    Last edited by jam671; August 2nd, 2011 at 09:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

What about invasion of privacy? Cockfights are not public access. Pits are for members only and so how can anyone be affected by cockfighting if they are not specifically invading a groups privacy by attending what they do not want to see.

YFIS,
    TL