Thread: bob bennett blueface... how big are they pure??

Post Thanks / Like

bob bennett blueface... how big are they pure??

Guys I would like to know how big the pure Bob Bennett blueface are. I have heard theysmall but I would like to hear what y'all have to say on the subject. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: bob bennett blueface... how big are they pure??

The one that was given to me is about 5#'s of course I'm taking the man's word it is a Bob Bennett blueface. He a busy shuffling storm with POWER I do know that

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought 1 that weighs about 5.2 and I was wondering if they come that big. I have always heard they were small. I have never seen 1 that I know for a fact is a Bennett. Thanks for any help!

cockfighter_199

I put my Shocker hatch cock over my Bob Bennett Blueface hatch hen,and I have 13 month old stags who hit as hard as fresh 2 year old cocks

Post Thanks / Like

The ones I have, it will push them to go 5lb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by james1953 View Post
    The ones I have, it will push them to go 5lb.
    got mine from the US .they are medium built,medium station, but pack a lot of wallop.

7. Likes KevinG liked this post
    cockfighter_199

I like this blood I bred a Sc MS Hatch over my BB Blueface.That was my last bunch I hatched off this year they are 100% and gl of course,and the other day I had to separate 2 of the fighting at 2 months old their heads were bloody and swollen but they just wouldn't stop.I hope these turn out nice with time.

Post Thanks / Like

My Bob Bennett Blueface roosters are high 4s to 5 lbs....so far I have not gotten any that were close to 5 1/2 pounds. What they may lack in size, they make up for in ability. I love mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone ever had any of the Bob Bennett Blueface come blue legged? So far I have not, but I have been told by someone that has them that they did have some come blue legged this year. From what I remember, the makeup of the Blueface originally had McLean blood in it and I have seen several McLean families that will throw blue legged offspring. I have also seen several Ruble families that throw blue legs as well. Just wanted to see if anyone else had blue legs show up in their Blueface line.

I know that some take leg color/feather color very seriously but for me I worry more about their show performance. I know that Bob Bennett was a very particular breeder and had success breeding both the Blueface and the Grey bloodlines that he had.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes mntnman ive had them that come blue legged. Mine were mostly blue legged (more slate then blue). Mine came straight from bob years ago. He helped pick my hatches and my greys.. They are smaller if I raise when its spring 4.5-5. how ever if i breed them in the fall I get 5-5 to almost 6#'s. I bred these for a while but let them go.i will add that they were alot easier to raise in the fall aswell.. Dead game birds with power to spare but just not my type of hatch. If anyone was wondering, I do remember most of his fowl having almost olive green colored leg on his farm. Why he sold me blue legged chickens i dont know but they were damn good. Had jet black feathers in the head too. Pretty crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

My rooster is pretty good size. Haven't weighed him since he was bought second hand. He was just a 4-5 month old stag when I got him. He's well over 5#, hits like a brick. He has slate blue legs as well. This year i bred him to a Bill Morris Hen. The stags and pullets look really good.