Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Banned in the USA

Post Thanks / Like

Banned in the USA

Submitted by: WhiteRooster

(If you have an article and would like it submitted to our homepage, send it to me at sabongdotcom@gmail.com and we'll see what we can do. Thanks!)

A short look into the life of rural America.

Thank you to all that has influenced my life.

And to those who read this.

Remember that this is part of my life. And I do not expect everyone to like what I say. But, understand that Opinions are like a$$*ole’s. Everyone has one….

Where to begin....

I am an American citizen. Born and raised in this wonderful country. I served in our Military. Never had the call to but, Would die for my Country and its beliefs. I work seven days a week three hundred and sixty five days a year caring for my family and my home. I am a well rounded person. If you ask my daughter I am the best dad in the world. I try to teach my children to be good, honest, and most importantly law abiding little citizens. The way I was taught when I was young. I moved us to the country because the city got too violent. the last year we lived in the city I bought my kids new bikes for Christmas. Three boys beat my oldest son (he was nine years old at the time) up and stole his new bike. City life in my opinion has been swayed by television and rap music. Putting no value on life or a fellow American. Country values are an unspoken, unwritten code of ethics. Where your word means more than a piece of paper called a contract. In a bad storm we check on our neighbors to make sure their okay. Where your family and friends actually mean something to you. Getting together on a Saturday to let our kids play together grill some burgers and drink some beer. The American dream of life. Something that I believe is almost extinct from city life.

What is the American way of life? Do you live it? Everyone has the right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Of course I will not agree with every law that is passed. If it's for the greater good then so be it. But when laws infringe on my Natural born rights as an American I have to stand up and say something. I am not a very political person. Nor do I claim to know the difference between the Senate and the House. But I do know this, I have found a passion that I live for. My children know almost as much as I do about it. The general public knows only what they have been told. If I were to say to you that my hobby, my passion was growing roses what would you say? If I had a green house and nurtured my roses through the winter. To grow the longest, brightest, fullest flowers I possibly could. What would you say? If I spent thousands of hours a year clipping, weeding, fertilizing my roses. Only to harvest them and watch as they loose their color and die. What would you say? You might not even give it much thought.

My hobby is not roses. If I could just bring you in to my life for a moment. I live in rural America. Not in the city or a suburb. I don't go to clubs. Sit at the coffee shops and use the Internet. I love drinking a beer and riding my lawn mower for hours mowing grass. Seeing my kids flying in the driveway after riding their bikes down the dirt road sweat beading on their foreheads. Knowing that they are making good memories. And when I get home from work having them ask if we are going to do any work today. They are ready. Of course they play video games. But would rather be outside working on our little piece of America. Living and loving life.

As I grew up in the suburbs I was never able to really see farm animals. So when I moved to Arkansas now over fifteen years ago I seen a sign saying “Chicks For Sale” I thought to myself it would be fun to have some chickens for eggs. I stopped at the house, an elderly lady came out and said “Good afternoon”. She showed me all she had. I bought some Cochin Bantams from her. Now where do I buy food for them. One of my neighbors had chickens also. I stopped in to talk to him about his chickens and to ask where to get feed. We will name him Harvey. He willingly gave me all the information my little brain could digest in one evening. He had standard size chickens. I was really intrigued by the history of the breed he had. So doing what I do.... I searched and talked and found out all I could. In the mean time I bought some laying chickens for eggs. Checking twice a day excited to get my first egg. Finally, I started getting more eggs then we could eat. We began selling the eggs to help pay for feed. At the feed store where Harvey told me to buy my feed. I meet another chicken guy. He seemed to have an answer to every question I could ask. He also raised the breed of chickens that I wanted. He would play a major role in my hobby. We will just name him Clay. After becoming friends Clay gave me four pullets to get me started. I then needed to find a rooster to breed to the young girls. I saved money up and bought a rooster from Clay. I had my start. By now I would imagine you have figured out I started raising Game chickens.

I must tell you that I have not fought or engaged in any cockfighting since it was made a felony. I still raise my fowl for breeding, show, and historical purposes only. And I will not sell any for any purpose.

The world of Game Chicken breeders is almost a sub-culture in America. To get in you have to know someone. I got lucky and met two people. That would both gave me a good word. After meeting some of the cock fighters I was amazed to find out these where people that you would never imagine fought chickens. Cock Fighting used to be a gentlemen’s sport. The men in their suits, Women in their Sunday best would gather with each other and have social time. Talking about daily events and life since they had last seen each other. If you ever have a chance to watch the movie “The Cock Fighter” with Warren Oats, I strongly recommend you do. I would like to quote from the movie, “anything that can fight to the death and not utter a sound, Wow!”. All of the people I became friends with are very decent people. Some go to church regularly. But all of them are good honest Americans. The kind of people you would want for a neighbor.

Clay and I would spend hours talking about the endless possibilities of crosses we could make with our birds. Having several different types of Game chickens in our brood pins. Hatch being one of the most popular types. We have Mclean and Mel Sims Hatch. Hatch is a very powerful bird and game to the end. The Regular Greys, which Clay had been breeding for over thirty years. Allen Round head where breed by Will Allen of Mississippi. Bobby Boles Asil, an Asian breed that was originally fought slick healed (no weapons attached). And will still fight to the death. Some beautiful white Sonotal Asil to add into our whites to keep them white. Spanish headhunters, they get their name because they concentrate on the head and neck and are very fast. We would come up with a four way cross that came white that was most promising. Attributes from all these breeds changes the station, weight, and fight intelligence of their offspring. I remember my first time handling a rooster in a fight. Having no idea what I was doing. After a couple of pittings I was rubbing the Grey rooster, when He grabbed my arm and kicked one of his gaffs through three of my fingers to be embedded in my hand. Clay had to release me from the roosters grasp. That is one of the many perils involved. And a choice I make to deal with them.

One might think that you would have to be a cold, evil, heartless person to fight chickens. Quiet the opposite. We are hard working, good hearted people. I can not tell you why other people do it. But, I can tell you what I believe. Gamecocks are chickens. They where breed for the simple reason to fight. Just as production chickens where breed to eat. Some animals where breed for food. Others are caught from the wild and put in zoos for human enjoyment. They have a purpose. With out this purpose what would they do? Are they treated cruel? Some may be. But mostly they are very well taken care of. And the zoo animals do not have to worry about their natural predators any more. In America we have all but eliminated all the predators. If we did not hunt deer they would over populate become more of a hazard to human life, cars, and gardens. they could become plagued with disease.

We all have watched the nature show on t.v. showing a cheetah killing a gazelle to feed her young. Death is a part of life. Gamecocks will fight regardless of training or having gaffs or knives attached to their legs. Cockfighting is a sport. Enjoyed by a select many. People are different in so many ways. Some people have lots of tattoos others would never get one. Some people collect marbles, while others collect knick-knacks. That’s what makes us individuals. To take away the things that make us different would be taking our souls away. If I do not like something I choose not to be around it. I don’t really care for rap music. So I tune into a country station. I would not start a group to try and make rap music illegal.

I could argue that rap music makes children criminals. That it promotes sex, drugs, and violence. The same that is said about cockfighting. I see rap artist on the news all the time being shot or arrested for some kind of felony. It would be absurd to think that I could or would push what I believe on the people that enjoy that type of music. If you where to actually stop and think about the reason cockfighting is illegal, you would find that it is just a group of peoples opinions that they have pushed on you and I with lies and prejudices. I understand what they say. I do not agree with their thoughts or opinions. I will not go into great detail with the exact numbers and such. But, the things I say can be found very easily on the Internet. Please don’t just take my word, read for yourself what has been happening. Make sure you read both sides.

How these Domestic Terrorist and our States have been going behind our back passing laws without our votes. One of the better websites is Humanewatch.org. everything they say has fact to back it up. And no! I am not some crazy individual that thinks everyone is out to get me. I am just sickened by where America is heading. In Arkansas the people voted against the ban on cockfighting. Only to have the law passed by the state. If the people did not want the law passed. But, the state passed it regardless wouldn’t that be against the will of the people? Unconstitutional?

There are so many ways that laws got passed to abolish cock fighting. The H$u* for example, is a non-profit 501 organization. That is not a hands on shelter and please do not confuse them with your local humane society, which could use your donations. With their non-profit status they are limited to how much lobbying they can do. They have however far exceeded the limit of their non-profit 501 status. They would claim victory’s for every law that has passed in many states that concerns animals. They pray on our fellow Americans for donations showing pictures of poor starving animals in horrific conditions. Spouting lies and mis truths with no leg to stand on. Bringing in millions of dollars a year to lobby our states fill their pockets with money and try to get more idiotic laws passed. Giving less than 1% of their annual revenue to actual hands on shelters. All the while killing the animals they say they want to protect. The H$u* is gathering signatures in the state of Washington to make it illegal to produce or sell eggs. If they could pass that law it would make thousand of people criminals for just having farm chickens for eggs. Recently members of congress have ask for an investigation into the H$u* non-profit status. At least cock fighters are honest and tell what they believe in and back it up.

Pet@ is another non-profit group that brings in millions of dollars in donations. Pet@ takes it to a different level. They have paid for the defense of a person that fire bombed an animal research facility in Michigan. Wouldn’t that be defending a terrorist? They did however adopt 8 animals in 2009. Way to go! But killed 2352 dogs and cats in the same year. Unbelievably Pet@ ask Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream to stop making ice cream out of cow milk. I shake my head in disbelief when I tell you what they want them to use, Human breast milk. How would that be any different? Its still milk. Who would sell their breast milk for everyone to eat? And it would make the ice cream so expensive no one would buy it. They want animal testing stopped. If someone could find a cure for a deadly disease and stop human suffering I am for it. P:et@ also promotes the vegan lifestyle. I could care less. Because I choose to eat meat and use animal products such as leather does not mean they should look down on me and ridicule me. I am an American and would not do that to them just because their beliefs are different than mine. They have went as far as to through paint on people wearing fur coats. I would consider that battery. Freedom of speech is a right that all Americans have. To physically hurt other people or their property is not. My chickens are my property, to be used as I see fit.

With that I would like to bring up where the two biggest “Animal Rights Groups” are going. Reading so much on the Internet I have found that They wish to abolish the use of animals in All aspects of human life. Production animals (Beef, Pork, Chicken, etc..) One of America’s all time favorites, Rodeo’s. The multi million dollar industry of Hunting. Which I might add will lead to the Government banning all guns. Another Million dollar industry, Fishing. And in one state ban the use of barbed hooks. I believe they are currently going after The American Hunting Dog Association. Which is asking for help from everyone. Not understanding that when they got Cock fighting banned others would be in their sights. No animal lover is safe. They say that having a dog or cat is just like slavery. When do we put animals rights over ours? I agree that if someone takes two cats and ties their tails together to drop them over a close line is cruel. How many of you grew up in the country? How many have done that? Are you a serial killer now? How could you charge them with a felony. I don’t agree. If more people don’t stand up and let their voice be heard we the humans will suffer.

I have read news articles that made me laugh. One said that Cockfighters fight chickens for sexual gratification. That we are Passive Aggressive. That we would not fight ourselves so we use the rooster’s to be emasculated. What a crock. Look at the actual study’s. The majority of Cocker’s have served in the military, Are patriotic, have stable employment, pay tax’s. And not one serial killer has ever fought chickens! So the argument that taking kids to cock fight’s is making them a John Wayne Gacy is idiotic. Raising game fowl is a ton of work. If it teaches them anything it would be responsibility, patience, humility, and friendship. Some people live a privileged life and do fine. Other’s will not. Before you form a starch opinion do some research. The internet is a wonderful thing.

Now to put into perspective what it takes to raise game chickens I will take you through a quick two years of raising my fowl. Of course it begins with an egg. I choose what I believe to be the best rooster and hen and put them together. Early spring the hen starts laying eggs. For the first two months I pull the eggs to put in the incubator. 99.5 degrees is the best temperature to make the eggs start developing. I will have to keep the temperature at that for the next 21 days. Humidity plays a major role. I must keep water in the incubator also. They must also be turned so that the yolk does not stick to the shell. On the eighteenth day I stop turning the soon to be chirping fluffy little chicks. Out of one hundred eggs I will end up with about seventy five chicks. They go from the incubator to a brooder box with a heat lamp to keep them warm. Still needing to be around 99 degrees. I will spend about thirty minutes at least twice a day feeding and watering them. How much money have spent so far you may ask. Well to raise 75 chicks to be two months old I will have spent close to $200.00. That is counting electric, water, feed, Wood chips for bedding, and vitamins. And keep in mind that I have had to change the bedding every three days. Now by the end of two months I will have about 55-60 chicks left.

Its time to get them out side. I have built a cage with chick wire so they cannot get out. I will take them out on nice days and let them eat grass and bugs. When evening comes they have to go back in the brooder box. I will continue to do this for the next month. Now the cage is to small. I will open it up so they can run the yard. The chicks are now too big for the snakes to eat. But the perfect size for hawks. They are smart enough to know that anything flying over them is a threat. They will call to each other a warning call and run for cover. By the time they are four months old I have no idea how many hours I have spent taking care of them. I always have favorites that just stand out. They stand taller or have fuller tails. Just something stands out. And those are the ones that usually get ate by the hawks.

In the mean time I have let the hens set on their own eggs. They will lay a clutch of 12-16 eggs. Last year I had three very large black snakes that cleared just about every nest I had before I could catch them. Predators will take over half of the chicks I raise. Now at six months I have about 30 chicks left. They are eating regular chicken feed now. Pullets are the females and stags are the Males. Out of thirty about half will be stags. Unless I need more hens or some look to be very good, the pullets will be culled (culling is basically making Chicken and Dumplings). Now, out of the incubator and hens I should have 25-30 stags. When it was legal to fight I would need at least 50 stags to fight one season. Now I have watered and feed them twice a day for the last six months. Winter has come. Through the cold, rain, snow I still feed and water twice a day. With the added head ache of having to clear frozen water dishes. They are now having little scraps on the yard. It’s time to separate the stags. I have to have enough space to put each stag in his own area without being able to touch another stag. By the time the stags are a year old there is no way that they could live together. Again, I have no earthly idea of how much time I have spent taking care of them. Back to the money issue. Around $1300.00 has been spent on feed alone. I would not be able to feed my birds without a job.

Raising game chickens has been such a roller coaster for me. Noting I have never been very wealthy. My cages have been constructed to the best of my financial ability. For some reason every time I have thought I had my breeding pairs or trios together something would happen to ruin my plans. More times than I can count I have lost roosters from pin fights. A rooster does not know that there is wire between them and fight as if they where in the open. Breaking toes, beaks, and legs. Only one rooster that I have had lived after a pin fight. Which through my breeding program out the window. It took four months for him to heal up and just start crowing. He wouldn’t be able to breed a hen until that fall. and with his beak broke he will never be able to be shown. Another very big disappointment was when some one dropped off a bunch of dogs by my house. Starving infested with fleas and ticks. They ravaged my yard. Killing chicken after chicken only to leave the dead body’s lay. There where six of them. Chickens can not defend themselves against a large predator. My wife called me and told me what had happened. Leaving work early I rushed home hoping to get there before the dogs killed anymore. My wife trying to scare them off shooting at their heels with a .22 rifle expending all of the .22 ammo I had. They did not leave. I arrived home and checked on the destruction. I was beside myself. Thinking not of the dogs that slaughtered my fowl. But, the persons responsible for the abandonment of them. When you live in the country there is no animal control to come pick up stray dogs. And for what ever reason people think that we will take care of their animals. If I want a dog I will get my own. Fearing for my birds, I stationed myself in the corner of my yard with two firearms. A nine millimeter pistol and a Sks rifle. I seen the pack heading towards the chicken pins to wage war again on my birds. I took a breath and opened fire. There where three down. Two ran never to be seen again and one was caught by my wife to be taken away to her moms. Later it would be adopted. I did not take pleasure in defending my chickens in that way. Taking into consideration that I took an oath to defend my country. That also applies to my livestock. I had no other choice.
    If for some chance the roosters can survive to be fought. Chance and patience plays a major role to end up with the strongest fowl.

It seems ironic to save them from death only to take them to it. The difference being, fighting one of their own kind they have the chance to be the victor. Money has never been the reason for me raising and fighting them. To me its about developing the absolute best in breed. Like the akc show dogs. To make the best in class with what has been given to me. This is not just a hobby. But, a life style. To be with out my chickens would be like taking my family away. My children all have game chickens. They have been in everything but the fight. My kids have been deprived of the right to use their fowl in the way they where intended to. A call to my fellow Americans. Give back the rights that have been taken from us. And guard against these domestic terrorist taking more of our liberties from us. Cock fighting hurts no human. Only harvests the roosters in the way they where meant. Some might say that slavery was also a way of life. And argue that it is the same as Cock fighting. It is not! Slavery involves people. Human’s! Not animals. There is no comparison. For some one to try and put the two together is moronic! And now I will tell you about the conditioning or keep. I will not go into detail of all that’s involved. Just a brief overview.

Before a rooster is ready to fight he must be conditioned. When I say conditioned that is what I mean. I do not in any way train my roosters. They have the natural ability. The “Keep” consists of two weeks of total dedication. Four hours a day building the roosters muscles, cardio, and the like. The same as a boxer would do before a fight. Feed is cooked and prepared daily. My day starts at 6:00am taking the roosters from their keep stalls and putting them into scratch pins. Letting them kick around in the straw that has been put in the bottom for fifteen minutes. Then they go back into the keep stall for feeding and watering. Feed comes first. Then the water. Now before I leave I put them on a tether hooked to a barrel so they can get sun and eat grass. Upon returning in the afternoon I ready the night feed. Then taking the roosters from the barrels I return them to the keep stalls. Resting them for a bit while I mill around in the cock house. One by one I take them out and work them. Flying them to give them more wing power. After working all the roosters its time for feeding and watering again. The roosters weights are checked every couple of days to make sure he isn’t putting on any fat. The same thing will continue on for the next thirteen days. The “Gameness” of a fighting cock is his ability to stay in the fight. They are not forced to fight. I have seen roosters run in the pit. When that happens the fight is over. The opinion money is the motivation for fighting chickens is absurd. If you win a fight yes you would get money. If we still had pits, the pit would have a derby. A derby would be an entry of three to eight cocks under one entry fee. If you where to win all of the fights you would win the pot. A three cock derby with $100.00 per cock entry fee would be $300.00. Ten entry’s would leave the pot at $3000.00. Remembering how much money it takes to raise chickens that’s not a lot.

Hoping that I have done the best I could for my roosters. Breeding, raising, and conditioning. Better than anyone else has done I go to the pit. Getting my roosters in letting them rest from the drive there. I walk around looking at everyone else’s roosters thinking there is some good looking birds here. I take care of the business of entry fee’s and weigh my roosters in. My number is called to the pit. I get the first rooster out and my handler, I will call him Nick, holds the bird to be heeled up. As I tie the first gaff to his left leg I talk to him. Getting ready to tie the second gaff he flaps his wings. Calming him and continuing on. The second gaff is tied. I pop his toes, rub his knees, wipe both gaffs off and head to the pit. He is weighed again and band number checked. We step into the 12 foot by 12 foot square ring. The opposing rooster crows followed by mine. I shake Nick’s hand and say “give ’em all you got rooster….” as I leave the pit I shake hands again with the other handler. I get to my spot in the bleachers greeted by pats on the back and more hand shakes. “You brought some good ones this time” I’m told. “you might have a chance of beating me this week” With some general chit chat and a little more friendly banter. The referee say’s “Peck” holding tight to both roosters the handlers let the roosters see each other getting just close enough to let them peck at each other. “Flush your birds!” letting go of their wings pushing them towards each other a few times. Fluttering their wings to stay balanced. My heart sinks low as I hear the referee yell “PIT”. My rooster is dropped on the score line. He stands there for what seem to be forever. He yells a very loud Rrr RRR rrr Rrr Rrrrrrrrr and attacks the other rooster. Both fly into the air buckling and falling, kicking and flapping all the way back to the dirt floor. The referee yells “handle” the other rooster has a gaff stuck in the wing of mine. The handlers take the birds apart. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten “PIT”. as the other rooster flies, my rooster steps to the side and dodges the advance. Again the other rooster shoots first. Instead of just dodging my rooster waits for the right moment and shuffles into the bird coupling him. “HANDLE” the referee yells. Again the handlers take them apart. “Pit” the referee calls again. Placed on the score lines the roosters charge each other flying at the last second. My rooster flips on his back and in a furry shuffles faster than my eyes can see. Placing the gaffs exactly in the kill zone. The crowd gets very loud as the roosters smash into the dirt for the final time. “Handle!” you can barely hear over the chants from the stands. Both handlers rush in to pry the roosters from each other. Breathing heavily my rooster holds his mouth open. The opposing rooster is dead. My rooster lets out with a victorious crow. Not knowing what he has just done. I meet Nick as he steps over the pit wall holding my hand out for a strong hand shake with a congratulant grin on my face. Now to go through all the hand shakes of all the people between the pit and my rooster boxes. Thank you I say repeatedly. Trying my best not to show too much emotion. Thinking in my mind, this just might be my day.

I have so many feelings running through me right now. People start coming up to me asking to buy my rooster. I have to decline after spending ten years developing my own breed. I do not want some one just to have it. “What are those white cocks your fighting?” I was asked, My reply “I call them Broilers”. a four way battle cross. The second fight was a little tougher. Nick comes out of the pit and with a concerned face says “we almost lost that one”. Back to my boxes. I give the final rooster to fight a peck out of an apple and put him in the drop pin. The last of the derby fights is at hand. Nick and I heel the white warrior. On the way to the scales my challenger offers a gentleman’s bet. I accept. Again I shake Nick’s hand and tell the rooster to “Give ’em Hell!”. It starts with Nick reaching across the pit with a hand shake and the words “Good luck”. “Peck”, “flush your birds”, “Pit”. The gladiators are released and erupt of the ground to almost defy gravity. Landing on his feet my rooster does a circle looking for the other rooster finally seeing him laying on his side. Running so fast he almost trips. Grabbing the other rooster by his tail and kicking with absolute power. Both gaffs are stuck. “Handle” releasing the gaffs from the other bird it is apparent he is done. No longer able to stand the fight is called in my favor. Nick holds up the broiler in victory. Claps and whistles fill the air. After caring for the rooster and putting him up to rest. Nick and I go back to the pit to watch the rest of the fights and talk about how well our roosters did. Everyone knows that we have won three. So we are in the money. If anyone else wins their three we will have to split the pot. We sit and listen to some old timers reminiscing of days gone buy and fights they have won. As we get ready to leave nick says “This will pay for some chicken food”. We have spent the better part of a Saturday at the pit. We have had our time in the winners circle. Now the long drive back home to care for the wounded roosters and start back to the daily work on the chicken ranch.

Which brings me to this, Should my rights as an American be put second to a chicken? I read about all of these raids that happen all over the United States. Law enforcement agency’s bust into people’s homes with guns drawn like we are some kind of violent criminals regardless if there are children present. Only to take their property and have the Humane Society of the United States say that now these chickens will live a better life. Live? The chickens are killed right after they are counted. Never leaving the property from which they where hatched. I believe the person that had their fowl taken should get reimbursed for the property unjustly seized from them. Because years of labor have gone into the chickens the H$u* and Pet@ slaughter. The laws banning cock fighting has hurt many people. From independent gas stations to the feed and farm supply stores. Making good upstanding citizens felons. Taking away our lives, our liberties, our happiness. In Oklahoma alone it was a $200 million dollar a year business. Yes I said Two Hundred Million dollars! Come on you government pansies stand up! Do you have any idea how much revenue would be made from making cock fighting legal? The money that has been given to you by the Animal extremist is just a drop in the bucket compared to how much local business’ would make. Helping local economies to come back. Or are you more concerned with your campaign fund? I cannot find anything that has been published about how much Arkansas lost. But it would have to be close to what Oklahoma lost. After meeting a legend of cock fighting and becoming friends. He has taught me more about the money involved with politics. In my opinion the politicians are more concerned with the money they make then the living conditions of the citizens they are supposed to serve. Forgetting that we are the reason they are there in the first place.

If I may just talk about the economy for a minute. Right now all over America there are people that are having an extremely hard time supporting their family’s. Think about opening a State sanctioned pit. One in every State that would allow it. The people that would travel there would be spending money all the way. They will need a place to stay. They will need to eat. Not only would the State get taxes from the pit. The local community would gain by the money spent by the Cocker’s. Making more local job’s. More job’s equals economic growth. It may be just a small step. But, it is a step forward. What type of car do you drive? I’m a Chevy person myself. Don’t like Ford’s. So because I like Chevy’s that would mean I have to degrade and speak ill of any one that owns a different make of car? I have read so many comments by too many misinformed people I am almost outraged. The Constitution of the United State’s protects “People” Not animals. There should have never been a law passed to take away the Right’s and Liberties of our fellow Americans. You have the right to your opinion. Tell the people that want to hear you! That is their Right to listen or not. We are American’s, People. Cock fighting was brought here by the first settler’s. Not by Mexican’s, or Asian’s. BY AMERICAN’S!!!!!!

I will defend my county with my life against all enemies’ foreign and domestic..... Right now my Country is not defending me or my rights. It is letting in my opinion domestic terrorist and money hungry career politicians take my rights away. I know that this would seem to be insignificant to all the fights the American people are fighting. While many animal rights groups are getting millions of dollars in donations American people are starving and unable to pay their bills. American military are being killed fighting battles that seem so impossible to win. I must ask why? Why have wars been fought? Maybe for you and I to have the rights of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.....

I think my main argument is that We are Americans. We live in what is supposed to be the land of the Free. I would not hurt another person unless I had to defend myself. I value other peoples opinions. I do not think that what I believe should be the beliefs of all people. Politics and Religion have long been a bad topic for conversation among new friends. People take these to seriously. If I have at least opened your mind just a tiny bit. Than I have done what I intended. And for those who still think that myself and people like me are bad or what ever word you would have for us. That’s okay too. We will pray for you.

Thank you for reading this. I hope you have a different view of the life and sport of CockFighting. Understanding that if you do not want to see it, don’t watch. That is your right as an American!

With respect and sincerity, a Fellow American.

2. Thanks Dwight Brown, itloving thanked for this post
    Likes Dwight Brown liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Banned in the USA

Is there an organization or association of gamefowl breeders/cockers in America, just like in the Philippines such as NFGB or UGBA? There should be one (1) unified effort and support from all breeders in America in this crusade..... to make cockfighting legal again in all states of USA.

just my 1 cent...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

There are GBA's here. The problem is that they do not support the Cock Fighters. Only the breeder's. Like the Chicken Production plants Through Cocking fighting under the bus to get The ***'s of their back.....

Post Thanks / Like

Whiterooster,
    You've provided us a well-written and truthful account of our sport in rural America. I am hoping that your message will resound in the halls of lawmakers around the country; that the voice of reason will prevail once again, restoring the freedom to pursue happiness through breeding, raising, conditioning, and figting gamecocks. Others should follow your example and be silent no more. Trying to appease those who persecute cockfighters has been proven unsuccessful. Getting lawmakers to put the bleeding hearts in their place is the key to turning things around for us.
    Keep up your great work in your writings!

Post Thanks / Like

nice post sir whiterooster!

Post Thanks / Like

nice reading you need to make copies of this and send one to each state capital.

Post Thanks / Like

One hell of dilemma out there and not like here in PI, laws should be for protection not usurpation. If a law is passed and it tends to discriminate on a certain group of individuals or group of individuals then it is not a law but persecution. It is just common sense and for me it is down right unconstitutional, why don't they just banned wars, wars are inhuman, they just don't kill animals but specially people. These animal rights crusaders are hiding behind their desk and computers with no real jobs, but to messed other folks lives.

Post Thanks / Like

nice, hope you send a copy to OBAMA...

Post Thanks / Like

That is from the heart.....and every thing there is TRUE....

Props to you WHITE ROOSTER....

Post Thanks / Like

You could not have said it better. This article I beleive will follow history and be read 50 years from now also.
    What grips me is they always attach some kind of unlawful act to every raid they have such as drugs & alcohol abuse, carrying firearms without a permit and etc. For no reason other than to make the Cockfighter's look like criminals to the locals who read about these raids or sees them on TV. The abuse of this stuff is all over the place in just about every gathering of people we have for whatever occasion. Civilization has acknowledged this and the U.S. has rehab centers that have waiting lines to get in.
    To be around the cockfighters I have met is a pleasure, they are true Gentleman and would only help and support those with problems such as these.
    The last time they tried to make cockfighting a felony in TN they had a wise Cocker to stand up and say. Quote; You mean to tell me that you are trying to pass a law making the fighting of chickens a felony ! Answer; Yes Sir ! Well then have you ever stopped to think that if you pass this law that a person would get into more unlawful trouble than he would get from assaulting a police officer, since slapping a police officer is only a Misdemeanor. And with all due respect sir' I believe that our officers are more important to protect this day in time over chickens that are slaughtered for human consumption by the millions every day. Wouldn't you think.
    The motion was then cast to take the change off the table and accepted.
    Just my 2cents.

Post Thanks / Like

very well said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your sharing this info

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree.Perfectly said and done.I think it's time for us to unite to fight for this principle.And since we don't have millions of dollars like this hippocrites(H$_$) We can use a social media like this to bind ourselves to fight for this basic rights and principles.

Post Thanks / Like

sir I would more than llike to thank you standing up for us..As i also stand up and fight for our gamecocks. This should be in a newspapers through out the U.S ..

Post Thanks / Like

very interesting article indeed!

but i think it would be better for all cockers and breeders in the US to form a solid group that would address these issues especially if it is pertaining to the relevance of gamefowl breeding as an industry for rural americans..

US economy is sliding down, and dragging rural citizens into poberty..perhaps gamefowl breeding is an option and export of these fowls to countries like Guam, Philippines, Mexico, Malaysia, South Americas, Saipan,etc. will definitely give an added revenue for the government and a livelihood for its people..for good breeders lay down your financial reports and i bet, for this sole reason i think, lawmakers will see the potential of gamefowl breeding as an industry contrary to the ****'s claim of animal cruelty..its all about human's welfare first..

**** does not pay taxes!

may i ask you this question, do you have any idea on how much is the total annual sales of big gamefowl breeders in US importing fowls to different countries way back 1995-2010??

the answer to that question can be your first argument why you must keep on breeding and raising gamefowls in USA..

Post Thanks / Like

whiterooster,

thank you for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

2 thumbs up!!!.. a very very good read,..thank u sir whiterooster for sharin...

Post Thanks / Like

Whiterooster" mabuhay ka. Hindi ka nag-iisa".... Thanks......

Post Thanks / Like

very inspiring for those who fight

Post Thanks / Like

Loved reading your article and feel saddened that people like yourself are always willing to give to their Country but are betrayed by those they would defend. My friend, the enemy is within and it is the politically correct and all those other a...h...s that keep sticking their noses where they don't belong. Before you defend something inthe future make sure you don't return to the enemy coward you left behind.

Tzvi

Post Thanks / Like

A long long story... Digest!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100% with your sentiments.

Post Thanks / Like

Very informative article... hope that this will not happen in the Philippines.. EVER...

SALUTE TO WHITEROOSTER... PEACE.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Mr. Whiterooster but what can we do and it seems like everything is screwing up right now in our U.S. of A.

ww.candabasportsgardencockpit.gamefarmdirectory.co m

Post Thanks / Like

good day Mr.Whiterooster you made a big bang, i am a a semi vegetarian meaning i don't eat beef, pork, chicken and all other animals that walks and flies, my diet consists of fish and vegetables but man i do love game roosters and love to see em fight. . .your crusade to bring back the good ole chicken days wails around the globe, we are one with you. .

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful reading...Thanks for taking the time.

Post Thanks / Like

there are some people who claimed that they belong to an animal welfare group,or what so ever, and saying that they care and protect for the lives and welfare of other domestic animals, but truly we do not have some proof, if, they themselves does really care and protect the well being of some domestic animals and to the flow of the economy as a whole. What about,if, they belong to those who are domestically ecomonic terrorist of a certain domain, trying to pin down the rich flow of economic growth of a country? Godbless and more power sir whiterooster!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the kind words and for taking the time to read what I have wrote. I truly believe that in a few years thing will turn back our direction. The direction of the American people. The fight is not just about Cock fighting.... But! Our Rights as Americans!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

"A right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"..... A responsible family man, lover and defender of peace...... true-natured gentleman......started from the roots for the love and passion of the game......has persevered and endured times......earned his success without shortcuts......and yet at the pinnacle, became a prey of those baseless opportunists, who hide themselves in their robs, killing the life, liberty and our pursuit to happiness and misleading people of their rights and freedom from information, we have enough. From WhiteRooster to the World, we challenge everyone to stand by what we think is due to us!