Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: American miniature gamefowl

Post Thanks / Like

Re: American miniature gamefowl

Quote Originally Posted by nolessnomore View Post
    I currently have Hatch, Greys, Muffs, Pumpkins, Doms, and some Blues. All are miniature games between 2lbs 4oz to 2lbs 14oz. They are true gamefowl bred down from large games. I have been raising and showing them for over 10 years now. Unfortunately, I am being forced to reduce my flock due to lack of work and increasing cost of feed.
    Are they true game fowl. Some bantams will spar a bit but are not game. Are your minatures game? Minature game fowl would be great for city boys. They could keep real game fowl in their back yard, and more people could understand our sport. Thanks for your inputs. Please post pics.
    Yfis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terrier-Man View Post
    American game bantams were made from an alleged Red Junglefowl cock bred to miniature pit Game fowl hens. In order to add more colors to those fowl, over the years breeders have used Old English game bantams.

Old English game bantams were bred from common farm yard bantams.

However there are real Game miniature fowl, they are the real thing & have no bantam blood in them, they have been bred straight down from their large counterpart.

Read this ....
    That would be a sight to see, a miniature gamefowl derby. . .

I love the miniature bantams with the game appearance. I have some Old English Game bantams but they aren't "game". I've wanted for years to aquire some of these true miniature game bantams, or to even breed them down myself, but i've always had other projects ahead of that.

Keep the pictures coming guys!

Post Thanks / Like

up......anyone have any pic?

Post Thanks / Like

my buddy got some chck out ryan cabinian on facebook ull c

Post Thanks / Like

My friend just gave five minature roundheads away last week they were just late hatch but they were half the normal size we weighed em they were around 3.06 they are extremely fast

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any more info to this in regards to breeders of minature gamefowls?

Post Thanks / Like

could you guys make your own by closely inbreeding fowls?

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Sample of miniature gamefowl, a little bit taller than a 1 or 1.5 liter bottle of soft drink weighs 1 kg with the fighting ability and gameness of a regular gamebird.
    Last edited by Island Born; March 20th, 2012 at 02:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Island Born View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Sample of miniature gamefowl, a little bit taller than a 1 or 1.5 liter bottle of soft drink weighs 1 kg with the fighting ability and gameness of a regular gamebird.
    Hey Island Born, do you know if there are any breeders of these miniatures in the US or even California?

Post Thanks / Like

1 of the little English game cocks that i have running with 3 English hens

Last edited by English fighter; March 30th, 2012 at 11:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes in the gamecock magazine on the classifieds there's American Miniature ads, also RA Thomas has the miniature Japs, and Anthony from the AGFS breeds American Miniatures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ga coondawg View Post
    I saw a miniature dom at a livestock auction the other day, i doubt very seriously that it was game, but it looked just like the bird in your avatar
    My kids are in 4-H we have they breed Old English games that are beautiful and look a lot like the standard size, but you're right they are not game they'll spar for a few seconds then give up.

My son getting Leroy ready for a show.

My other son with Gravedigger

What they won in one weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terrier-Man View Post
    "I think its important to also mention some other names who make this sport what it is. My won/loss record with the Minature's is roughly 50% wins which isn't great, but not all that bad considering who I'm up against!! Let's see there's Jim Zimmerman of Ohio, A.J. of Tennesee, and others whose names I failed to get. The competition has been stiff by extremely fair.

Another name I want to mention is that of Ken Farmer of Tennessee. He makes the tiny 1 1/8 inch gaffs for the Minature's, and his gaffs for bigger cocks, and I have some and their quality is magnificent. I don't think Ken advertises in any of the major gamefowl magazine's but his address appears in my information sheet I've been sending out. As does that of Bill Warner who also breeds and sells quality fowl. If you enjoy quality competition, quality fowl, and great surroundings, then you should take a look at the Minature gamefowl. While I'm not saying they're for everybody, I do think they have a place in the hearts of those who choose them. I have seen the big ones and the little one and to be honest, I can see no difference.

To once again mention that I do offer an information sheet that lists breeders, gaff makers and others who will help you get started, and you can get yours by sending me a business sized SASE to the address at the end of this artile. I have also taken over the MINATURE GAMEFOWL NEWSLETTER from Boot Hill. Boot has had the newsletter for the last 5 years and he has passed the reigns along to me. You can get this newsletter by sending $20 to the address at the end of the article. You'll get all you need to know with this newsletter.

In closing, let me just say that it appears that interest in on the increase with the small fowl. I think it's because people are rather tired of poor quality fowl, getting ripped off at pitside, and in general, finding something lacking with the large fowl. That's no to say that what I've said happens everywhere, but it does happen enough to let other people know that there are other viable fun alternatives. So give the Minature Gamefowl a chance and see if they don't win over your heart.

SEND BUSINESS SIZED S.A.S.E. TO:
    DON CARTER
    P.O. BOX 945
    MT. WASHINGTON, KY 40047"
    Good stuff Terrier,

Definitely going to follow up on this. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Lyk these or no ???? There my gfs lol I hate them cuz they fitee wit my penned stags thru da wire

Post Thanks / Like

to be honest i dont think you have to inbreed to get the size down,

you hatch late in the year, and keep the best small ones that you have hatched, cull hard, test, and then do it year after year, but ive been told it can take many generations to get them the right size, breeding true to type, and maintaining gameness,

cheers steely.

Post Thanks / Like

Are these already in the p.i.?

Post Thanks / Like

Probably... Muntinlupa cockpit has bantam fights. The chickens are game. It's just no one knows the bloodline. You know how it is here in the smaller pits. They're just called "bantam" and the regular ones are called "Texas." But I could've sworn I saw a Mclean there weighing 700 grams

Post Thanks / Like

my buddy got some real american miniature gamefowl. look him up on facebook.. ryan cabinian

Post Thanks / Like

I think many of us here, myself included, don't have a facebook. Nor have the time and effort to fill out all the blanks just to remember another password we don't use.

Can you post a direct link, please?

Thanks bud!

Post Thanks / Like

time will come...tjere will be a 3cock miniture fowl derby...i like to see them

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmtzbAP_q7Q&feature=related"]old english bantam vs sweater rjf oeg bantam (09/14/2011) - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDI5Ts69b6g&feature=related"]old english game bantam 3rd fyt ( 9/14/2011 ) - YouTube[/ame]

David and Goliath, chicken version;
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz8bN1ZQ7XY&feature=related"]Japanese Bantam V/S Aseel Murga - YouTube[/ame]

HAPPY KASABONT TO ALLLL
    Last edited by loisbugoy; May 6th, 2012 at 01:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

anyone here in the philippines breeding these?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by el rapido View Post
    anyone here in the philippines breeding these?
    No one i heard of breeds these in the PI. I understand there is a couple in Hawaii..rebelfish maybe able to help you. And it looks like there is afew on the mainland as well. GalloNX4 's link as well directs you to a good source.

Post Thanks / Like

I just talked to Joe "Boot" Hill. Here it is from the Horse's mouth. When we first started we set the wts at 2.6-3.1 and fought with one inch heels.As more people got involved we raised the wts. because it was so hard for them to keep the gameness and bring the wts down. We raised the wt limits to 2.8-3.8 and increased the length of the gaffs to 1.5. Joe claims that the little Hatch he bred were the only true game ones and he won the majority of his mains until he let the blood out. His came from a little Blueface cock that he got from Robert Chapman of Waco, Tx and some Hatch hens from Judge Beaton and a small Grey Goode hen.
    Last edited by Mike Everett; November 1st, 2012 at 01:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I know 2 men that had the minature games.Ed Mcomis,Doc R I know they fought 2 mains,I watched 1 of them,ED won the one I watched and the one I did not see also,he had a very game strain of minature fowl they were bred down from a hatch family,me and Louie Bunting was suppose to get them,when he died,but a family member got them before the wake was over,he ask me and Louie if we would keep them before his death if something would happen to him,we both felt bad because we did not get them,but it was not our fault.Louie knew Ed his whole life,Ed got Louie into cock fighting when they were in grade school,You men in Ky knew Ed for sure as he ran a pit there,and he fought alot of cocks with us,he was a very fair referee,he is sure missed,he was a barber and cut my grand baby hair and would not take a dime,,he said as long as he lived he would cut that grand babies hair for nothing.Ed was a very generous man, he never would let me louie or chuck buy any of our food,I remember one night in Ky we were going to eat at the pit and he said come on boys I will get us something to eat and louie hollored out to the crowd and said come on boys Ed,s buying and Ed said D Louie i can not offord that we all laughed alot.We surley miss Ed,but we have a lot of good memories of him he is the one that gave Louie and chuck the black brass back butchers
    Last edited by Logan co entry; November 17th, 2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: change a word

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, I'd like to share pictures of what I got from a friend in Hawaii (Ryan Cabinian). I think these are the first real American Miniature Gamefowls in the PI. Already have some chicks from both pairs. Sharing pictures because I've always wondered how they look like and I was amazed on how small they are when I took them out of the box. But they're proportioned well just like their bigger game brothers, not like the bantams that come out shorter and stouter.

This one is the Hatch Broodcock which I named Pacquiao. Weighs about 2.1lbs Plays like your regular hatch cock. Packs a wallop.

This one is the Kelso Broodcock which I named Marquez, Weighs 2.4lbs. This guy breaks high and maneuvers himself up on the air.

Post Thanks / Like

@ 3.8 is a miniature! i could name a couple of breeders that send you fowl at these weights!! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenciador View Post
    Do you have a sample picture? I'd like to see what you're referring to because what I know are only the bantams.

Also, I've read a few fight reports in Grit & Steel. They were using the same bloodlines, Hatch, Claret, etc. but in miniature. Could those be the American Miniatures? I know they still had some miniature or bantam events in Louisiana up until 2008.

Thanks!
    I thought they originated from a lot of old timmers from decades of close inbreeding due to not wanting to introduce new blood or let any go

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter with her American bantam

My daughters bantam

31. Likes Krackers Koop liked this post