Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gavilan game farm

Post Thanks / Like

Gavilan game farm

I was wondering would anyone recommend this game farm or share there personal experiences.Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gavilan game farm

Here in oklahoma JOHNNY Stansell has a good rep. the people im aquainted with that have fowl from him have been happy with them. they said he's a working mans friend.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw some of the gavilan fowl shown and was fairly impresed with the record that they had was trying to see if those fowl were good by chance or if they all performed so well.

Post Thanks / Like

I had his greys and hatches a few yrs back and did well with them

Post Thanks / Like

I have the grey hatch from Johnny and they are good fowl. I crossed them with Albany @ 3/4 gavilan 1/4 Albany and they are outstanding!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a friend who ordered supposedly dozen pure hatch cocks. 6 of them was black crosses and only 1 cock showed game out of all 12. Personally I would find somebody who had the old stuff from his daddy and kept it pure. Now them was real hatch cocks in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

pls show us pictures or video, i want to see the gavillan hatch...

thnks.........

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather find some older gavilans from buck stancil there better if u can find them that have been maintained correctly without outside blood

Post Thanks / Like

seen some gavilan greys fought pure in sk and spur when was still legal ,and they rarely lost ,the two guys that fought these together wouldnt let any out but i dont blame them lol the handler always pitted barefoot ,i am farly sure these came from buck not johnny,i dont know if they are all that good but the ones these 2 fellas had was as tough as a nickle steak as good of roosters as you can get wish they would have sold me a few of them fis stillbreaking

Post Thanks / Like

johnny is a crook. He used to have good roosters til he ran out of poison

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
    Buzzo you come on every gavilan thread and bad mouth the gavilan roosters, thats ok because that is your opinion if you dont like his birds. When you attack him personally, thats going a little too far. Ive heard when he was in his 20's he was a little wild, but I have know him all my life, and for the last 30 years that I have been old enough to remember, he has been nothing but a gentleman to a lot of people. I have seen him win and I have seen him lose but I have never seen him use any form of poison in those 30 years. I have helped him out around the cockhouse and been to his house and he has even fed some roosters out for me for a large derby at Bayou Club which we won, if he had poison around I would have seen it. I think its wrong to slander someones name for some mistakes maybe they made when they were still really young, instead you need to judge someone for the man they matured to become by learning from those mistakes. I also saw him win 12 straight in the gaff in a six cock in one of the last derbies he fought and I can guarantee you no poison was used.
    Last edited by springwater; August 15th, 2011 at 08:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I talk to some really well known cockers that you all rant about on here. none of them have anything bad too say about johnny or buck they say they sale as good as they show.if you did'nt get them direct dont talk chit about them anyone can put a name on fowl!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    Buzzo you come on every gavilan thread and bad mouth the gavilan roosters, thats ok because that is your opinion if you dont like his birds. When you attack him personally, thats going a little too far. Ive heard when he was in his 20's he was a little wild, but I have know him all my life, and for the last 30 years that I have been old enough to remember, he has been nothing but a gentleman to a lot of people. I have seen him win and I have seen him lose but I have never seen him use any form of poison in those 30 years. I have helped him out around the cockhouse and been to his house and he has even fed some roosters out for me for a large derby at Bayou Club which we won, if he had poison around I would have seen it. I think its wrong to slander someones name for some mistakes maybe they made when they were still really young, instead you need to judge someone for the man they matured to become by learning from those mistakes. I also saw him win 12 straight in the gaff in a six cock in one of the last derbies he fought and I can guarantee you no poison was used.
    well I bought 2 dozen roosters from him at 250 each and they were garbage. I hand picked them off his yard. I had 3 out of the 4 I fought sull and or run. I think I have a right to talk bad about him. After that someone stole them from me, so the joke was on them. this was in 2006-2007

I know others with the same problem as me. You want to defend the peddler, than that's all up to you but I cannot stand by and see people losing their money to a man who has a yard full of junk.
    Last edited by Buzzo; August 16th, 2011 at 12:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

well I bought dozen roosters from him at 250 each and they were garbage. I hand picked them off his yard. I had 3 out of the 4 I fought sull and or run. I think I have a right to talk bad about him.

I know others with the same problem as me. You want to defend the peddler, than that's all up to you but I cannot stand by and see people losing their money to a man who has a yard full of junk.
    If you dont like his birds, then that is your opinion. I wouldnt have said anything if all you said was you got some from him and didnt like the way they performed. He sells a lot of birds each year, has a lot of happy customers that do well and Im sure some like you who are unhappy with what they get. What I have a problem with is you saying he is a crook and never could win a fight without using poison. These are false statements and anyone with first hand knowledge of the person Johnny is knows its not true. The problem is someone who doesnt know him might read those statements and not knowing that you are just mad because you got some from Johnny you didnt like, and believe that he only won because of poisoning and not because of the years of hard work he and Kimberly put into the roosters. I guess im sensitive about the poison remark because one year at Texhoma, we won two six cocks and a seven cock in a row. On our money fight of the third derby win a guy in the stands that always shows up to bet but has never owned a feather in his life, stood up and said the pit owners need to check our roosters for poison since no one can win that many in a row without cheating. My pitter looked at him and without saying a word licked our roosters, head, back, under wings, tale, wiped knife blade and licked it, and pulled a hand full of vent feathers and gave to ref and said here check these too. He then asked the guy at pit side if thats enough proof. The guy said "I guess so" Pitter said get you some roosters and work hard feeding and water everyday instead of sitting in aircon and come back with your smart comments then and he walked out. I just dont like people who dont know the facts making accusations that can hurt a persons reputation

Post Thanks / Like

well I bought 2 dozen roosters from him at 250 each and they were garbage. I hand picked them off his yard. I had 3 out of the 4 I fought sull and or run. I think I have a right to talk bad about him. After that someone stole them from me, so the joke was on them. this was in 2006-2007

i dont want no one loosing their hard earned money either but..... you hand picked them!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

At 250ea they should be aces!! Did you ask about the birds first?? I know i have some on my yard i dont know about. But of course if they showed like hens i would have taken it back.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it the famous Eduardo Danding Cuanco Jr..... ECJ RED and ECJ GREY are made of Gavilian hatch....he's doing good with them...

HAPPY KASABONG TO ALL....

Post Thanks / Like

If you dont like his birds, then that is your opinion. I wouldnt have said anything if all you said was you got some from him and didnt like the way they performed. He sells a lot of birds each year, has a lot of happy customers that do well and Im sure some like you who are unhappy with what they get. What I have a problem with is you saying he is a crook and never could win a fight without using poison. These are false statements and anyone with first hand knowledge of the person Johnny is knows its not true. The problem is someone who doesnt know him might read those statements and not knowing that you are just mad because you got some from Johnny you didnt like, and believe that he only won because of poisoning and not because of the years of hard work he and Kimberly put into the roosters. I guess im sensitive about the poison remark because one year at Texhoma, we won two six cocks and a seven cock in a row. On our money fight of the third derby win a guy in the stands that always shows up to bet but has never owned a feather in his life, stood up and said the pit owners need to check our roosters for poison since no one can win that many in a row without cheating. My pitter looked at him and without saying a word licked our roosters, head, back, under wings, tale, wiped knife blade and licked it, and pulled a hand full of vent feathers and gave to ref and said here check these too. He then asked the guy at pit side if thats enough proof. The guy said "I guess so" Pitter said get you some roosters and work hard feeding and water everyday instead of sitting in aircon and come back with your smart comments then and he walked out. I just dont like people who dont know the facts making accusations that can hurt a persons reputation
    Im not going into details, but if you fought texoma then you heard the rumors about them using poison and johnny being affect and having to go to the hospital from the poison almost killing him.

Anyways, defend him all you want, I can respect that, as you should respect the fact I wasn't happy with my purchase

Quote Originally Posted by hitmonkey!!! View Post
    i dont want no one loosing their hard earned money either but..... you hand picked them!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yoda12345667 View Post
    At 250ea they should be aces!! Did you ask about the birds first?? I know i have some on my yard i dont know about. But of course if they showed like hens i would have taken it back.
    We sparred through over 300 cocks, even went to his hidden yard. We picked up 24 bad sobs. Problem was, when they got hit, they would stop firing, sull, and run. You can see why Im bitter on the subject. I'd rather buy chickens at the flea market at least I have some hope of buying something that might be worth something.

Post Thanks / Like

most of the time when someone shows really good the rumors starts, ppl saying they buy and sell fights and poison it happen all the time johnny sent me good fowl always showed good for us when it was legal

Post Thanks / Like

spring i was at texoma when he won the 12 straight i think that was the 6-c westbrook tribute i i'm remembering right... cigar

Post Thanks / Like

Buzzo let me summarize your position then. Because of a rumor you heard of an event that happened 30-40 years ago when the man was just a young kid, you now say the only reason his roosters ever performed well was because he was using poison. I think that shows all anyone needs to know about how much truth there is about your statement. As far as you getting dunghills, I am not defending or arguing that because I wasnt there and didnt see what you got. Unlike some, I like to keep my arguments based on first hand observations instead of 30 year old rumors.

Cigar, Im not sure of what tribute it was but it was a 6c at Texoma.

Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing bad to say about Mr.Stansell but last season a friend of mine that only buys from him fought a main for 25K(Gaff) and I helped him with half of that, well to make it short we lost the main and 2 of the roosters quit.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and i friend of my uncle have his grey gavilans and we done good with them crossed

Post Thanks / Like

damaaa sammyyyy hell i got some good roosters i will take 00000000 hell they wont run or sull. just joking but that is high for a rooster that does not have a HEART

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El ace View Post
    Me and i friend of my uncle have his grey gavilans and we done good with them crossed

Post Thanks / Like

Buzzo let me summarize your position then. Because of a rumor you heard of an event that happened 30-40 years ago when the man was just a young kid, you now say the only reason his roosters ever performed well was because he was using poison. I think that shows all anyone needs to know about how much truth there is about your statement. As far as you getting dunghills, I am not defending or arguing that because I wasnt there and didnt see what you got. Unlike some, I like to keep my arguments based on first hand observations instead of 30 year old rumors.

Cigar, Im not sure of what tribute it was but it was a 6c at Texoma.
    its more than rumors, he almost died when his own bird hit him with the poised heels.

Anyways, Im done, people can take my advise or not. It's up to them

Post Thanks / Like

I bought from him in 07 and bought gavilan greys with sweaters and did great didnt win them all but high percentage breeded sweaters to them and now they kill in the air first strikes so im happy they worked better crossed to my sweaters (dink line)

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen Gavilan fight since the early 70's when Mr. Johnny would pit and Mr Buck would be there also. They won cocker of the year at sunset. Im not sure what happened at Texoma but i think he is a very good man and i have never seen him out of line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jacyro View Post
    I have seen Gavilan fight since the early 70's when Mr. Johnny would pit and Mr Buck would be there also. They won cocker of the year at sunset. Im not sure what happened at Texoma but i think he is a very good man and i have never seen him out of line.
    Johnny ruined them in my opinion. Buck was helluva rooster man and, them old hatch cocks from him was rugged. They are not the same chickens in my opinion as when Buck had them.

Post Thanks / Like

ive got a friend here who has had them since the 90's and they are dead dead game i mean dead game and hit very hard . but he got them way back when so i dont have a clue about now. he is a good friend to me and doesnt let his hatch get out just a small time breeder. he was having a pen space meeting some time back getting rid of 5 and 6 year old cocks and well after watching a couple of what he called culls i convinced him to let me have a 6 yr old cull that had won about 5 american fights when legal and them cull stags look good this year.