View Poll Results: Which is your favourite ?

Voters
472. You may not vote on this poll
  • MEL SIMMS BLACK

196 41.53%
  • SID TAYLOR BLACK

106 22.46%
  • MCRAE BLACK

170 36.02%
Page 1 of 121 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Thread: black fowl and crosses

loko201

What are teh different type of BLACKS

hey guys!

recently, i went to elrode cockpit and i saw a black cock finishing his oponent in the air in one buckle. The opponent literally just dropped dead on the ground. I got facinated with this type of cock. id like to know if all blacks fight like that and what are the other black breeds.. thanks

Gallos Locos
    Blacks have gained the re****tion of being sleepers and runners. Although not all blacks are like this. Some known black bloodlines are Bonanza Blacks, Black Travelers, McRaes, and Heart Surgeons. On the positive side, blacks are also known for speed. In my experience, when a good black bloodline is fought at the proper age with good conditioning, then they are just as good as any.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Canadian Mug can be considered as one of the best as long as you fight them in the proper age (3 yrs. old). They have the speed, brain and power. They cross well with any type of Hatch. You may consider Mel Sims black Mcrae. Lots of cockers from Guam like his black.

3BCA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jungle fowls and bwn red of Gypsy farm and Bobby Jones Mcrae
    Richard A. Kelley Mug endorsed by Glenn of Cebu city in other forum. HOPE IT HELPS!
    Amigo,
    Kim

PandP
    Some of the black blood of Bobby Jones came from Hawaii. They are very very fast but seem to be a very "nervous like" breed.
    Wingate are also very quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    a quote from Mr. Gery Douglas of Bonanza Gamefarm (originator of Black Bonanza)

If a red Rooster runs, not all red rooster are runners.
    If a grey Rooster runs, not all grey rooster are runners.
    But if a black Rooster runs, they say that all black rooster are runners.

make sense di ba ???

7. Thanks gamefowl51 thanked for this post
    Likes Lil Canyon Game liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I got licked once by a black. I had high hopes for one of my dark wine yellow legged rooster and thought that once I get a bill hold thats it for the black. in short before pitting I already condemned my black opponenent with all the negative stuff you hear out there. I even went all the way with the bet. after the release the black just hit once and hit my rooster under the wing (nakilikili) and then just stood there without finishing until my rooster froze to death, I actually thought I had a heart attack! but that is that. I hope you be happy with the black!:lol:

Gallos Locos

Thumbs up

Amen :teeth:

hatchclaret

Re: What are teh different type of BLACKS

warhorse is black,,mug di exactlyblack before sid taylor black now brownred color joe wingate w yellowish hackle .mcrae look like black they have 2 color black joe wingate brownred he is dark eyes ginger color dark leeg and hazel eyes ,.larger bone ,mug naman im sure never whippe , . bakit ang black strains ng kano di natakbo ,, kasi naman iba yun black na palaot sa phils. ang iba ay natakbo misconception sa black ihope this help

Post Thanks / Like

Blackhackle

If anyone knows of anybody who has the Hunter Blackhackle fowl then please post the info. A friend of mine who breeds old time bloodlines, who doesn't have a computer, will appreciate the help.

ocratsira

Blacks

This Black is not a runner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

swackle
    how about the Black Butcher with brass on the wings
    I know they are not in these family of blacks, but they are
    like KASILIHIN as we call it.

I like those Sid Taylors too.

Ad Infinitum
    most blacks are not runners or sulkers. on the contrary, most blacks are good. i think the only black with negative feedback is the old-time nigger breed that we had in the philippines because a number of this pure breed have sulked in the drag.

but when we talk about the other blacks (such as sid taylors, bonanza blacks, mcrae, mugs, etc). they are quick with power. in fact, i know of a few breeders who won't feel comfortable fighting a rooster which doesn't have some black blood in them.

look at jackie wilkerson's (from arkansas) fowl. all his fowl have black blood in them and they are awesome.

banyog1023

blacks

wow! i was amazed that there are many of us here in sabong.net who have the same admiration about black fowls....considering the bad re****tion of blacks....i dont believe. i have openly expressed my desire for dark fowls since i joined this site. i love them not because of their color..as most of my frnds conceived to be my reason...but because of what i have witnessed in the pit (i saw it in elorde also) the few blacks being fought these days...most of them i saw won unscathed. there are few sulkers or runners..but the ratio is 1/10 ... and there are lots of other sulkers and runners ... and they are not black.

loko201
    banyog

were you there at elorde last mar 9 also? the black cock was fought in the afternoon already. We fought 2 cocks also dat day. we were lucky we had 2 wins.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure, is there a Kent and Griffin Blacks or Mugs?

We have a black but I have no clue who and how they were bred. So, I just call them Indians (like they could be Indians from all over the world who traveled across continents) and they seem to adapt to any environment and competition: Top, middle and backyard-brush. Nothing fancy about them and for sure they will never win a beauty contest, but at the end of fight day, everybody's stress is gone, everybody had a fun day and the tropa get to take home some money. A simple bird for a simple cocker.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the late 70's my Dad bred a Mcrea cock to a Claret hen the offsprings won 21 straight fights over a period of two years before one lost. We fought them against Raymond Rayno, Oscar Atkins, Awa just to name a few. Those were the days when my Dad would read the caliskis and tell us what phase of the moon we should fight the roosters in. Us young boys used the modern keep methods String King - Naragansit and got the roosters ready and were able to win more than lose with that combination. Those were the days...BLACKS!

Gallos Locos
    EAA Indians, yes there is a Kent Mug.

TonyDel
    I have not encountered (seen or competed against) a Black Traveler??? Could somebody give me more infos???

Gallos Locos
    TD, The Black Travelers are a late maturing line that doesn't fly too high during the break, with extremely good in-fighting ability. I've bred my Travelers to be abang , which seems uncharacteristic as blacks are thought to be rushers. Because of their late maturing nature, I wouldn't recommend this bloodline for beginners unless one has the patience to fight them at the right age. In my opinion, 2-4 years would be about right.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like
    the very first fowls i had came from my tito and my dad's bestfriend. From my tito came a mclean broodcock, and from my dad's bestfriend came a black traveler hen. From that mating, all the produce won their first fight. Unfortunately, to date i only have one left the others died already or were stolen. The last one i have just won his second fight unscratched just last sunday. =) Gallos Locos is right, the black travelers are late maturing but fought at the right age, they're just as good as the others, maybe even better. =) The only complain i have of that line which i had, sobrang damot sa lalaki at least for me dahil siguro hen hatch ako. i always ended up with a stag every year two at most. they were madamot enough that my dad's bestfriend culled all the straight hens!! haaay... just sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

How About the Black Batangas? anybody knows about it? it seem during their prime i read a lot from them , if im not mistaken , the owner is Dante Carandang..

3rd dami mo pala pullet ng black , share mo na lang sa amin sa presyong kaibigan ...hehehehehe

Pitikpalo
    Lupin,

during d ealry 80's , when my godfather and father are busy
    fighting in the derby, they used a lot and had a higher percentage
    of winning using this Blacks, I dont know if these are the same as your Batangas Blacks, but we called them PULO' from Pulo, Batangas; in contrary to the late maturing ones, they are best as
    bullstags, fast and furious, they won a lot of them derbys around the area to Taytay,Rizal where another cumpadre operate the pit. Covelandia in Cavite was one of the best cockpit then it was
    sorrounded by water run by Rey Ilas, Theresa Sq. Garden airconditioned by col de Guzman then , where Christina Enrile (Lady 44 ) comes in style via helicopter. Arcontica was run by Rudy Velayo. We had better W's with this Blacks before they switch to Bacolod folws of Hinlo, Escalona, Lacsons and Montilebano... the good old days..........

I also like Black fowls in Brownreds as they are considered Blacks.

Keep on cocking......

dong1967
    one my losses in my last vacations hackfight was from a black henny. it was a drag fight it last about 8 mins. im llamado 10-6 ang lugro.they say that blacks dont last long in a fight ; labas na bituka lumalaban pa. my red cock was hit in the neck.

dong1967

Post Thanks / Like
    HELP anyone here can describe the physical appearance of a blacktraveller hen or cock.thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read this in a men's magazine joke column (no offense to race or color). If you go to a cockfight, alway bet on a black man. And there's a quote "Once you tried black, there's no turning back." Black shuffler is a good fowl.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like
    black travelers are jet black in color, mine was peacombed though.

Lupin3,

i dont have any left, all i have left is a cock left. just a beginner here trinkling around with what i have. =)

3BCA
    Post Thanks / Like
    loko201,

The one you saw from the tape our battlecock won by a peck his father also a winner in Del monte, Valenzuela came from behind win i bought this from TJT farm of Dr Teddy Tanchanco in Bulacan when i was a student in Fatima College of Nursing.The name of the line is Bob Basset Blacks i think he still breeds this line i could't imagine cripple one leg on his right and still win WoW even my opponent went to see my cock after our fight disbelief.

Post Thanks / Like
    IT IS VERY INTERISTIG TOPIC.. I BREED BLACKS 2 YEARS NOW.. I got a they called pierce shuppler from mesuorri (M.O. ) i like their feet bloww first. - they are not good in drag fight - but they are good in cutting- i never try yet to fight them... some a croos them from my lacy RH--- and htey have a good combination.. they are very cery fast- side steps --- shuffler are tall birds - body are normal.. so any body used shuffler before comments pls. .. may tulog ba ito???? my shuffler are look like velcro itim ang mga mata..

Gallos Locos
    roy, the hens mostly come all black, sometimes with the occassional spangle.