View Poll Results: Which is your favourite ?

Voters
635. You may not vote on this poll
  • MEL SIMMS BLACK

255 40.16%
  • SID TAYLOR BLACK

149 23.46%
  • MCRAE BLACK

231 36.38%
Page 3 of 146 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast

Thread: black fowl and crosses

Gallos Locos
    I've crossed my Travelers with Hatches and Roundheads as well.

bien1931

simplistty68 what crosses blk. Mcrae

Simplisit68, if you have a Mcrae cock, Wm. Mcrae does not
    say much how his fowls are bred. When he was still alive he run his farm on strictly buisness., either you buy at his price or you are out. But from people close to him his black Mcrae in made-up of black traveler cross with nigger R.H. and some Doc. Robinson hatch. If there strain is correct then I will breed to a good radio from J. Jumper ( 2) to a very good pipeliner claret if you can get one, (3) Chocolate-Gray from G. Justiss. Thuis will start you with a very good strain, you can be proud off.
    If you are going to breed for your own to fight or be a breeder, you have to always start with the best broodstock you can get otherwise if you fight chickens buy as many as you can afford cull 70-80% sell them and fight the remaining fowls these way you did not waste any time breeding questionable brood stocks.
    I hope I ans. your question, about what to breed with your Black Mcrae. Remember Simplisty68 you either be a very good breeder or not, be less is waste of your valuable time.

Yours in breeding,
    blue grass.

redlight
    Hatch blood.

miguel88

LEMON FOR BLACKS

simplisity,

i would say a good lemon-hatch cock will make the big difference when you match it with your black's hen.

simplisity68
    wassup guyz,
    thanks for the replies,the blck travellers i got were from chuck canady.tehe hens are shufflers and the cock black mcreae he said he got that bloodline frm a good friend of his in orgeon.I may tryyellow leg hatch or some good greyblood make some idaw's.

thanks guyz,

pax111

blacks

I have had good luck breeding to black asil ( the amount of asil blood is determined by the weapon).

Best of luck with your black fowl.

gerry buron

Bam

That cock in the picture looks like a roundhead.

Based from the fighting style you described, it sounds like a roundhead.

Maybe that's a Black-Roundhead cross, agrressive-defensive combination.

sndiegogamefarm
    i fought some blacks in quarsite arizona i think they are the best black ever fought there under mabuhay i still have them just won 2 derby's w/ them in tulare this year

XxGary_BlairxX
    My black hatch are very good the guy that rasied them have tropes on them

XxGary_BlairxX

Bam

them suffler look just like my black hatch are the hen soild black

Post Thanks / Like
    ako personally i like black cocks...

i seem to be lucky with this color...

sndiegogamefarm
    bam2626 you know you are right those kind of black are good coz one of the best breeder that breeds black is from there in florida chief lawler.

redlcloud

NOT ALL BLACKS RUN!

CONTRARY TO WHAT OTHERS BELIEVE..NOT ALL BLACK FOWL ARE "RUNNERS"

..I HAD A MCRAE FOWL THAT DOESNT TURN BACK..HES QUICK,SMART AND HARD HITTING..HE COULD KILL HIS ENEMY AS FAST AS HE EAT HIS FEEDS..WITHOUT HESITATION..SO THE ONE WHOS SAYING THAT BLACK FOWLS ARE RUNNERS MAYBE UR BLOODLINES ARE IN DIFFERENT LINE OF BLACKS..BLACK FOWL ARE UNIQUE,,THEY ARE JUST LIKE THE "DARK HORSE " IN A PIT..HURT THEM..AND THEY WILL HURT YOU HARDER

14. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have some tombstone blacks they are indeed very good black
    blood we have had a good success rate with them we all most
    lost the bloodline due to dogs... however we will breed some this spring.....

cigar

Post Thanks / Like
    brownred are they really family of black??
    what can you tell me about brownred.thank you

17. Likes chucklebutt liked this post
    XxGary_BlairxX
    the brown reds i had the hens are black and the roosters are a black and red color and the guy i got them from has won with 95% of them

Post Thanks / Like
    posted on my gallery is a cigar black tombstone line.... they are
    very game and have good luck with these in all shows....

cigar

20. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    6 month old nigger roundhead
    Last edited by waloanim; December 29th, 2006 at 01:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    waloanim, your nigger roundheads look just like my sids. where did you get them and how do they show and what weapon do you use. and about the blacks i thing if you get the good macreas or sids there as good as any. thanks, jamie

Post Thanks / Like

Blacks

I went to the Hawaiian Derby this year at the Bayou Club and saw some terrific blacks fought by "Slop Jar" and Terry Henderson(I think). Any how they fought under Out Back entry, and were able to go 7-0 along with Bama(Dee Cox). If I remember correctly :crazy: Jimbo might have also had a black or two. Never the less, both entries cleaned house.

24. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

nigger roundhead

jjrooster, the stag is owned by Mick from N.C. i have a pair of the same line I heard they are good in any weapon. Black Mcraes originated from this bloodline they said. here is the pic of the hen that i have.
    Last edited by waloanim; December 29th, 2006 at 01:03 PM.

El Espaņol

Black Gamefowl Origins

Sorry, I was kind of in a rush and I didn't read the entire thread, but the basis of many of these modern black fowl can be traced back to their European and Saharan Africa black fowl roots, of course, the influence of Asian black fowl has played a major roll in the formation of our modern black gamefowl as we know them today too!

Primarily:

From Spain:
    White Faced Spanish Blacks
    Black Minorcans
    Black Castilians (first introduced by the Moors during occupation)
    Black Andalucians (also known as Jerezanos)

From Sicily: (probably introduced by Arabs)
    Black Leghorns

From France:
    Crevecoeur Black
    La Fleche Black

United Kingdom:
    Old English Blacks (and black reds)

Asia:
    Sumantran Black
    Cubalaya Black

This is not even mentioning a many, many others that have been infused throughout the thousands of years. Imagine all the different black bantams that exist today...it will boggle your mind.

Now, you say that these are not all gamebirds, but you would be suprised what the great breeders have infused into their bloodlines throughout the past 500 years to come up with Modern Gamefowl as we know them today.

So, when somebody asks you the bloodline of your modern Warhorse.........tell them "Black Sicilian Leghorn" and check out the looks and laughter that will generate!

Sincerely,

Post Thanks / Like
    waloanim, i've also been told that mcrae was originated from nigger rounheads,is it true they were crossed with kelsos too get the fowl we see today.and my mcraes pullets look alot like yours. thanks,jamie

buhawi
    i am a breeder of major circuit wingate/roy gray brownreds and sam gowdy japs.when both cross together they cut like hell and real deep.they really reach out to deliver the wallops.they are not beautiful but you`ll have a heart attack when they start to mow.my red ginn toppies frompaul bond are great cutting machine also,premium lk fowl.

Bilco
    Hi Guys,

Sorry but I had added a photo of a black muff cock but the pic wont load properly.

Bilco

Bilco
    Hi Guys,

Thought I would give you a look at this cock as he is to be the main brood cock next year.

He is blind in one eye through no fault of his own and I would be glad to hear what you think of his station etc.

Bilco
    Attached Images Attached Images

XxGary_BlairxX

Bilco

nice what is he

nemmmo
    how about the white clarets and the zamboanga whites??? can we say their origin is from the white leghorns too???

Bilco
    Gary,

Hes a 7 times winner and thats all that matters to me as I dont suscribe to the old strains or lines that some people seem to be obcessed with.Some of these guys were legends but have been dead for 40 or 50 years and cockers still go nuts to get their lines,even though they are bound to have been watered down beyond belief.

What I think we all should be striving for is to create are own line or family of birds of which we can be proud

In my humble opinion winners breed winners and if this muff starts producing the goods,then I can inbreed,line breed or whatever round him.

Post Thanks / Like

best black fowls!!!

Gentlemen can u furnished me an information about black fowls.their fighting style. who are the best breeders of this fowls in pinas and to whom i can acquire this? their bloodlines? are they good in long knife? are they really worth to breed? many thanks