Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: georgia boy roosters

Post Thanks / Like

georgia boy roosters

Anybody had any dealings with them. Seems to be an honest bunch just gonna make sure before i order from them

Post Thanks / Like

Re: georgia boy roosters

if you want preety chickens go right ahead

Post Thanks / Like

They make Ga have a bad name.... you could not give me one when legal a boy had some and I won 3 back to back with the same rooster at a hack, had a broken wing at the end.... i am not saying i have the best roosters but save your money and buy something better like a barn yard chicken

Post Thanks / Like

lol thanks guys i seen they had the joe redmond greys that i have been looking for for so long i was just checking to see what everyone thought i had it narrowed down between the joe redmonds from them or a guy i do alot of dealings with has a pair of radios that i really want to cross with my sweaters dont have the room right now for both pairs so i gotta make a decision
    thanks for all yalls help anymore advice would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DA3791 View Post
    Anybody had any dealings with them. Seems to be an honest bunch just gonna make sure before i order from them
    never heard of them ,but theys plenty of us ga boys with good roosters some of the best in the world are hatched and raised in jawja

Post Thanks / Like

lol what kind you got. i am always lookin to buy lol

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience its best to buy a proven rooster, I like to either see it fight or know the breeder personally. I learned the hard way, pretty doesn't win the fight.

Post Thanks / Like

yea breeder that is the truth pretty dont win except in car shows lol just somthing about the joe redmond fowl i like. I just wanted to try them cause i dont know anyone that has tried them

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone had any experience with anything from GA Boy. Reason I'm asking is I just bought a young Leiper pair off him. Don't tell me I've wasted my money. That sux!!

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly only time may tell. Did you see the sire by chance or did they ship them to you? If you saw the parents then you should have a good idea what they babies will look like, as far as fighting goes I always say its as much the keep and handler as it is the breed. If they are truely game you should be ok. I always say there is no pure chicken so pick a color you like and breed them to what you want them to be. All this prob doesnt help though

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has thier own opinion it's a big gamble when you buy from anyone even from the so called big name breeders you just have to take a chance

Post Thanks / Like

if you getting any from ga here are some not all of the names id go for. Mr.cleave- anything you can get best gaff man i know ,ben tanner- clements or radio - roy brady will tell you that ben has the purest radios, sindey kinasual sp?, Puckett game farm knife chickens. ronnie singelton law greys

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I am glad i asked before i jumped and bought them.
    keysaw any of them got a website or you got any of there phone numbers

Post Thanks / Like

randy banks good hatch and radio and rh, ben tanner good radio, grady smoke red quill all good ol boys from ga i know them well they won't lie to you would rather make you a friend in sport that a dollar off you

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking at getting some Leipers from TN now or NC now. I don't know anyone in Georgia that has any good ones. Only looking in surrounding states as I want to see them before I buy them. I'm just starting out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keysaw View Post
    if you getting any from ga here are some not all of the names id go for. Mr.cleave- anything you can get best gaff man i know ,ben tanner- clements or radio - roy brady will tell you that ben has the purest radios, sindey kinasual sp?, Puckett game farm knife chickens. ronnie singelton law greys
    yeah all of these men have great fowl and mr cleave is as nice of a fella as there is ,with roosters as good as money can buy and you can take that to the bank ,and i got some ''old style'' sweaters from sydney kinsaul and boy oh boy them some real roosters that when it was still legal could fight in the spur and really have heart and could cut with the best of them fis stillbreaking

Post Thanks / Like

yea mr.cleave is a nice man .helped me out alot learning. i dont know a soul that likes to see him across the line. still remeber getting to handle when i was 16 and he was against me a gentlemen is all i can say.

Post Thanks / Like

From the ga boys website I wouldnt own nothing he has his place is a mess and his fowl look ruff. Looks like a flea market peddler to me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DixieFowl View Post
    From the ga boys website I wouldnt own nothing he has his place is a mess and his fowl look ruff. Looks like a flea market peddler to me
    Dixiefowl,

I should have known better. I am just starting to get some fowl up, and didn't know anyone else around me that had any Leipers. Unfortunately I learn the hard way sometimes. I'll end up testing these out, and if they don't perform, they will be on the dinner table.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia_clarets View Post
    Dixiefowl,

I should have known better. I am just starting to get some fowl up, and didn't know anyone else around me that had any Leipers. Unfortunately I learn the hard way sometimes. I'll end up testing these out, and if they don't perform, they will be on the dinner table.
    They maybe good chickens not sayin there not all in all ur takin jus as big of a chance buyin chickens from this guy as you would a big time breeder. If i was going to man yard to buy fowl the very 1st thing i look at is his water cups if there dirty hes more than likey a lazy fella and not takin the best care of his fowl another thing is his grass man has high grass in his yard hes either lazy or has a broke mower lol then i look at the ground if the ground is hard as concrete you kno that chicken hasnt been moved to fresh ground

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips. I did notice his water dishes were clean, so that part is good. The grass was short because he had goats and an Angus bull in the same area as the chickens. I kind of thought that was weird. Only time will tell what I got. I'll know before spring if the stag is game or not.

Post Thanks / Like

It's probably to late for the gentleman asking about ga boy fowl,so this is for anyone else who is thinking of going through him for fowl!I also was looking for some Joe Redmond fowl and I purchased one from him!boy what a mistake,when I got the stag he was poor as hell,he was 6 months old and was smaller than my 3 month old birds!I ask him why he sent me a poor bird and he said he was fine when I shipped him!the bird got to me in one day so I know he was lying!plus he didn't even look like a Redmond!he might have had some in him somewhere,I guess.anyway,I hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I let the stag I got from him out today that is supposed to be a Leiper. He doesn't even look like a Lieper now. Has a grey patch of feathers on his ear. I don't even think it's a game bird. Any way, I also let out a Claret stag, and they hit once, and the Claret stag ran him all over the yard. They are the same size, and the stag from Georgia Boy is a cull. He was running like hell trying to get away from the Claret.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul bond from georgia sent me some really nice looking cocks but are still in the molt any experience with him

Post Thanks / Like

i know every one in ga and i dont know any one by that name and they are wat better and toughrer than the people above like slop jar terry henerson john trotter roger roberts blaack bart just to name a few all are among the best in the world evey one on them have cocker of the year at major pits like sunset and del rio

Post Thanks / Like

Dixiefowl,

what part of ga are you in

Post Thanks / Like

if your going to get in georgia get from mr.cleave cant get better than his fowl ask leon moregan lol

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I let the stag I got from him out today that is supposed to be a Leiper. He doesn't even look like a Lieper now. Has a grey patch of feathers on his ear. I don't even think it's a game bird. Any way, I also let out a Claret stag, and they hit once, and the Claret stag ran him all over the yard. They are the same size, and the stag from Georgia Boy is a cull. He was running like hell trying to get away from the Claret.
    how old are the stags?..............

Post Thanks / Like

What about Charles and Wayne Stevens? I haven't heard any ya'll GA boys mention them...

Post Thanks / Like

i dont like the pucketts roosters my self but they are good just not for me not my style and im in north ga and around the world at every pit known to man terry henderson and slop jar is the hardest to beat in the spur ask any one that met them