Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Slasher Cup Mutiple Winners

Post Thanks / Like

World Slasher Cup Mutiple Winners

I was wondering who among our current crop of breeders has roosters who have scored multiple wins in the World Slasher Cup, the Olympics of Gamefowls.

In our two WSC outings, Jim Clem and I have two roosters who have won twice and survived with nary a scratch. They will be back in Araneta Coliseum in January 2012 for their third outing.

Of these two roosters, Oregon Kid who was almost 3 years old when first fought in Jan. 2011, suffered a slight cut in the body last June. The other cock, Black Ace who was 18 months old when he first won also in Jan. 2011, came out of both derbies without a scratch.

There were two others who won twice but both died from wounds suffered in their second fights.

Here are the pictures of the two-time winners who are both Jim Clem 3/4 Black and 1/4 Jap: http://roosterraiser.multiply.com/ph...er_cup_winners.

I know that there are those who scored more. Please share with us the pictures of your multiple WSC winners so we would know which breed and breeder have the most number of multiple wins.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: World Slasher Cup Mutiple Winners

"Jerry" Winner 4x WSC winner (2005, 2x 2006, 2007). I'll try and find his old videos.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: World Slasher Cup Mutiple Winners

wow! that's impressive! i was told your greys are really good. for one of them to win four times is a proof of their outstanding fighting style. congratulations.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone ever won the wsc multiple times?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by immanuel View Post
    wow! that's impressive! i was told your greys are really good. for one of them to win four times is a proof of their outstanding fighting style. congratulations.
    Thanks Gov. I like your birds too, those jap crosses are deadly cutters

Quote Originally Posted by rev-23 View Post
    Has anyone ever won the wsc multiple times?
    A couple of guy have

Patrick Antonio
    Jun Santiago
    Nene Araneta
    Dicky Lim
    Ray Alexander
    Carol Nesmith
    Dan Gray

might have missed a couple

Post Thanks / Like

gengen arayata another one to the list

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by purebreed8 View Post
    gengen arayata another one to the list
    yes, cito alberto as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonio View Post
    yes, cito alberto as well

Yes, and
    Peping Ricafort of Yucatan - 3 times champ
    Biboy Enriquez of Firebird - 2 times champ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Copycat View Post
    Yes, and
    Peping Ricafort of Yucatan - 3 times champ
    Biboy Enriquez of Firebird - 2 times champ
    HONEY YU and WILSON ONG also

Post Thanks / Like

Peping Cojuanco w/ Bob Howard in early 90's. Of course nene abello w/ Blackwater farm

Post Thanks / Like

Nene Abello should be one of the more prominent multiple WSC winners...

Post Thanks / Like

"Jerry" Winner 4x WSC winner (2005, 2x 2006, 2007). I'll try and find his old videos.

guys, what i was trying to fish out was the breed or bloodline which has shown superior fighting capabilities to be able to win multiple times in a very tough competition like the world slasher without being injured or seriously hurt.

this would give us an idea of which lines are superior and who breeds them.

no offense, but there are bigtime cockers who may have won multiple times in big derbies fighting roosters which they simply bought from unknown rural breeders.

so this is about roosters winning multiple times not about cockers.

it would even be great if some of the unknown breeders could show us pictures of hens or cocks whose offsprings have not lost any fight.

let's refocus from the guy who bets big and gets all the credits for the wins to the rooster who actually does the fighting and who puts his life on the line. after all, this sport is about outstanding gamefowls.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I wish I had about 8 "Jerrys," Then maybe even I could win the World Slasher Cup. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

guys, what i was trying to fish out was the breed or bloodline which has shown superior fighting capabilities to be able to win multiple times in a very tough competition like the world slasher without being injured or seriously hurt.

this would give us an idea of which lines are superior and who breeds them.

no offense, but there are bigtime cockers who may have won multiple times in big derbies fighting roosters which they simply bought from unknown rural breeders.

so this is about roosters winning multiple times not about cockers.

it would even be great if some of the unknown breeders could show us pictures of hens or cocks whose offsprings have not lost any fight.

let's refocus from the guy who bets big and gets all the credits for the wins to the rooster who actually does the fighting and who puts his life on the line. after all, this sport is about outstanding gamefowls.
    I agree GOV. We are talking about the cocks here gentlemen that won multiple times in the WSC and not the cocker who showed the cock to the pit..... Kindly RE-FOCUS!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Come on guys, really? please read the the first post...

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Mayor Amante used to have multiple WSC winners in the 90s. Too bad he is now inactive in the big-time circuit.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry guys I took us off course by asking who won multiple times. But thanks for answering my ? Nebody else got pics of ther multiple winners? How much does it cost 2 enter the wsc?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rev-23 View Post
    I'm sorry guys I took us off course by asking who won multiple times. But thanks for answering my ? Nebody else got pics of ther multiple winners? How much does it cost 2 enter the wsc?
    that's ok rev-23. no harm no foul as they say in basketball.

the last time we entered the world slasher cup, the entry fee was P66,000. you could also join the options like straight 3 or straight 4.

that's quite stiff especially if you are not a big bettor. jim and i are lucky because we found a partner who financed all of our entries in the second wsc that we were in. we both bet very small.

but back to the topic, i used to read in the now defunct american gamecock magazine stories about legendary hens and roosters who belonged to a winning line, like the fabled american blue hen whose sons and grandsons dominated the american cockfighting scene for a while.

it would be good if we could identify a specific multiple winner in the wsc, or in any other derby for that matter, and check whether the other members of his family have also scored multiple wins.

that would be a good study on a gamefowl genetic strain.

Post Thanks / Like

i believe what the good gov. manny was looking for here are the pedigrees of winning bloodlines

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering who among our current crop of breeders has roosters who have scored multiple wins in the World Slasher Cup, the Olympics of Gamefowls.

In our two WSC outings, Jim Clem and I have two roosters who have won twice and survived with nary a scratch. They will be back in Araneta Coliseum in January 2012 for their third outing.

Of these two roosters, Oregon Kid who was almost 3 years old when first fought in Jan. 2011, suffered a slight cut in the body last June. The other cock, Black Ace who was 18 months old when he first won also in Jan. 2011, came out of both derbies without a scratch.

There were two others who won twice but both died from wounds suffered in their second fights.

Here are the pictures of the two-time winners who are both Jim Clem 3/4 Black and 1/4 Jap: http://roosterraiser.multiply.com/ph...er_cup_winners.

I know that there are those who scored more. Please share with us the pictures of your multiple WSC winners so we would know which breed and breeder have the most number of multiple wins.
    I am not sure however think that Nene Abello (maybe with some help of Nesmith's) has produced more individual winners by himself and Customers than any other !

Post Thanks / Like

This is a Hatch/Jap that I fought 8 times in very tough SK derby's. Was cut only twice. First time in the chest & the 7 time in the left leg which crippled him for almost a year.

He finally got to where he could walk right & we entered him in one more & he won clean.

Gave him to Jorge Torres.

Not much to look at but he was a VERY deadly bird. Had many other Black/Japs & Brownred/Japs win up to 6 times but this ugly dude topped them all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colt39 View Post
    This is a Hatch/Jap that I fought 8 times in very tough SK derby's. Was cut only twice. First time in the chest & the 7 time in the left leg which crippled him for almost a year.

He finally got to where he could walk right & we entered him in one more & he won clean.

Not much to look at but he was a VERY deadly bird. Had many other Black/Japs & Brownred/Japs win up to 6 times but this ugly dude topped them all.

Hello sir Colt, may I ask if what is the exact composition of this Hatch/Jap of yours, what kind of hatch did you use to produce him and to which side of his
    parent? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Won Jan 2010 WSC I & II

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE

Post Thanks / Like

Won Jan 2010 WSC I & II

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T.Strike View Post
    Won Jan 2010 WSC I & II

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE
    T.Strike that's a good looking champion you have there. His eyes alone reflect uncanny intelligence.

What line is he? Did his brothers win as well? How did you breed him? Did you give him a name?

Fascinate us with more background on this outstanding fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colt39 View Post

hi jim. is he a 1/2 gavilan 1/2 jap? how is his mother related to the jap hen that i have here in the farm?

how i wish i had known you long before. i could have gotten him instead. he he he!

anyway, the larry carter hatch is blending well with the black japs. they are even getting better as they grow older.

Post Thanks / Like

hi tonio. please tell us more about your greys. where did you get the original greys? how do you breed them? thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

T.Strike that's a good looking champion you have there. His eyes alone reflect uncanny intelligence.

What line is he? Did his brothers win as well? How did you breed him? Did you give him a name?

Fascinate us with more background on this outstanding fowl.
    Hi Gov.

Sorry im not a breeder,just an ordinary cocker that buy from different breeder from Bacolod and Luzon

I bought 3 brothers of this from a farm in Tuguegarao City,Cagayan,2 fought in SJC International Derby Jan 2010 score is 1win, 1 loss

Bloodline is straight Sweater $5k line from Red Gamefarm,according to the breeder

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T.Strike View Post
    Hi Gov.

Sorry im not a breeder,just an ordinary cocker that buy from different breeder from Bacolod and Luzon

I bought 3 brothers of this from a farm in Tuguegarao City,Cagayan,2 fought in SJC International Derby Jan 2010 score is 1win, 1 loss

Bloodline is straight Sweater $5k line from Red Gamefarm,according to the breeder

Thanks
    he is a dink fair sweater then. i know red gamefarm owner is a friend of dink. i used to have that line. i got them from dink directly when he was still in oklahoma. i decided to keep his sweater/cowan roundhead line which i use to cross to my greys. they have been winning for me.

i'm not much of a sweater guy. i think they just have this bad character of mixing it up and getting badly wounded more often even if they win.

your dink sweater winning twice in the world slasher and still looking fit and healthy after those victories makes him an exceptional sweater. i think dink's sweaters are among the best. they sell like hotcake in mexico where they use the postiza.

if you could get a good grey line, try breeding him to grey hens. i know breeding could be laborious and expensive but the emotional rewards are greater than the money you spend. it's a joy.

Post Thanks / Like

hi jim. is he a 1/2 gavilan 1/2 jap? how is his mother related to the jap hen that i have here in the farm?

how i wish i had known you long before. i could have gotten him instead. he he he!

anyway, the larry carter hatch is blending well with the black japs. they are even getting better as they grow older.
    his mother is not related to the hen you have there. The hen you have there is in a round about way a great Aunt to the 3/4 - 1/4s.

He was a 1/2 Grade GAvilan like the Hatch cock I sent you a while back.