Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: good breeders in kentucky

Post Thanks / Like

good breeders in kentucky

a few names come to mind like george neal,scott garrison,robertson,kings Gf . If you know of any others in kentucky it would be of great help

Post Thanks / Like

Re: good breeders in kentucky

chet layne. i hope to visit him next month.

Post Thanks / Like

chesters a good guy...............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jubgamefowl View Post
    a few names come to mind like george neal,scott garrison,robertson,kings Gf . If you know of any others in kentucky it would be of great help
    I dont know about scott garrison..the day somethin happen to george will see where hell be...george is the reason why he sells ,u should ask scott y hes always asking george for chickens? So he can re sell n make money out of it..i myself dislike the guy ! He talks bad about george but yet all his blood came from george...

Post Thanks / Like

I know if your from ky chet wont sale to you. I contacted him to try to purchase a trio of sweaters before i got mine and he wouldnt sale local. which i am kinda glad now i was talking to my old time cocker buddy he said he saw some of his stuff and it was not impresive but i cant say for sure. But alot of people on here like chets fowl. But he wont accept kenutcky money lol

Post Thanks / Like

does chet layne mind visitors, I origianlly am from KY and here and there I'll take me a trip down there, would like to meet a few good chicken folk and who knows maybe I'll bring something back with me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DA3791 View Post
    I know if your from ky chet wont sale to you. I contacted him to try to purchase a trio of sweaters before i got mine and he wouldnt sale local. which i am kinda glad now i was talking to my old time cocker buddy he said he saw some of his stuff and it was not impresive but i cant say for sure. But alot of people on here like chets fowl. But he wont accept kenutcky money lol
    ive known chester for about six years and never heard of him having sweaters

Post Thanks / Like

I may have been thinking about somone else i contacted here in ky for the sweaters. i called everyone around these parts and couldnt find any had to get them off a guy we know in bowling green. But we did call chet and he said he wouldnt sale local i do know this for sure cause we thought that was crazy. I am up and starting breeder next year i should have some good fowl and i will sale to anyone and everyone but i guess that is where some people differ

Post Thanks / Like

bstewart: what does chet have?
    alite: thanx for the info, i assume scott lives near george in harrodsburg?

Post Thanks / Like

Guys don't forget the Kentucky Hatch Man, my good friend Jim Young.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...Im very familiar with KY and these fellers names just dont come up much. There are some great breeders in KY. But they have all they can spare already contracted out to repeat buyers before they even hatch. I was always taught the best fowl were raised in KY. The perfect climate. Mild summers and cool winters. IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

How about darwin blackburn! I HAD HIS GAMEFARM VIDEO YEARS AGO AND THEY LOOKED GOOD. BROWN REDS AND YELLOW LEG HATCH WERE AWESOME. HE HAD NUMEROUS DERBY TROPHIES ON THIS VIDEO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holguin View Post
    how about darwin blackburn! I had his gamefarm video years ago and they looked good. Brown reds and yellow leg hatch were awesome. He had numerous derby trophies on this video.
    darwin blackburn has good yellow legged hatch...and cecil davis kelso.we breed cecil davis kelso to robbie kelso with a good result....

Post Thanks / Like

wow thats a great question. kentucky is full of some great cockers. you can go up about any hollar and see chickens tied out. love that place

Post Thanks / Like

not Rick Stonecipher (mountainview Gamefarm), i have seen first hand the s**t he sales.. he is a scam artist. he sent a couple folks donw here in CA.. some "kelso" that where the most incosistent as far as looks go,... blue, green, yellow, white, pearl, dirty dark green, light green, all kinds of colored legs straight comb, pea comb, just rediculous... yellow hackled, wine red hackled.. total disaster and all he had to say was "well i ship birds all over the place, i cant guarantee the quality to everyone" he sent an old 2 or 3 year doc robinson and he was a runner.. also a sent he sent to another person, was about 2 years old and has never ever laid one single egg! ... she is infertile.. he knew this, she had huge shanks when she arrived.. clearly about 2 years old..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklodge View Post
    not Rick Stonecipher (mountainview Gamefarm), i have seen first hand the s**t he sales.. he is a scam artist. he sent a couple folks donw here in CA.. some "kelso" that where the most incosistent as far as looks go,... blue, green, yellow, white, pearl, dirty dark green, light green, all kinds of colored legs straight comb, pea comb, just rediculous... yellow hackled, wine red hackled.. total disaster and all he had to say was "well i ship birds all over the place, i cant guarantee the quality to everyone" he sent an old 2 or 3 year doc robinson and he was a runner.. also a sent he sent to another person, was about 2 years old and has never ever laid one single egg! ... she is infertile.. he knew this, she had huge shanks when she arrived.. clearly about 2 years old..
    I agree!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklodge View Post
    I called him once, years ago and as a customer I didn't like the way he talked to me so I didn't buy anything from him,,, hhhmmm... it seems like there has been alot of customer here that were unhappy of what they bought from him... Lucky me...

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a video also from Darwin Blackburn and I like his Yellow Legged Hatch and his Brownred, reasonable price also... Has anyone here acquired his fowl and shown?

Post Thanks / Like

his sids are very good.got them from him a few years back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blades61 View Post
    his sids are very good.got them from him a few years back.
    yeah, if i remember right he has some Art Hefner blood in them sids, but i could be wrong - i got his video too !

Post Thanks / Like

one of the best i know personally is George Neal,Kentucky has a lot of good breeders and all around chicken men. they are second to nobody yfis

Post Thanks / Like

lots of smaller breeders in KY theres alot of roostermen here they just dont have mega farms ....anyone that comes to KY feel free to contact me i will be glad to show you around

Post Thanks / Like

Willard Cosby of middlesboro His Radios are the BOSS!
    Rosey Barnett of Harrogate tenn on the border His Blueface-Mclean are Legend.
    Dan Davis and his bob bennett greys are downright scarey.
    Preston and jerry lee were unbeatable before Junior short called them out for Using special heels made by ole Jerry lee which were razor Flat down and out at the socket not the tip where the dumb rookies were only checking.
    Heck man they'd fly over you and miss and your long drag feathers would be whacked off straight as an arrow, lol.. when caught the mountainview pit would give them 15 minutes to heel again...and snicker with them all the way to the bank when they get by with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meatpacker666 View Post
    Willard Cosby of middlesboro His Radios are the BOSS!
    Rosey Barnett of Harrogate tenn on the border His Blueface-Mclean are Legend.
    Dan Davis and his bob bennett greys are downright scarey.
    Preston and jerry lee were unbeatable before Junior short called them out for Using special heels made by ole Jerry lee which were razor Flat down and out at the socket not the tip where the dumb rookies were only checking.
    Heck man they'd fly over you and miss and your long drag feathers would be whacked off straight as an arrow, lol.. when caught the mountainview pit would give them 15 minutes to heel again...and snicker with them all the way to the bank when they get by with it.
    Back when it was legal I had planned to show at these fellers' club. I had heard this a time or 2. I had also heard back when legal, that they had been banned from a few clubs. Including the mother of them all. I never could get to the bottom of these allegations. I'm just wondering if it was true or just trash talk? I would like to hear more. Anyone else had any experiences?

Post Thanks / Like

i remember a few names i think they have all passed cant if all them were breeders but i know they were top notch cockers. roy yates /ermil yates /cornelius owens /curtis pinson/ gee mullins / orie hunt /curt tackett /estel baker i had the pleasure of meeting these guys and many more just cant remember right now. doc baker /doc belcher.sorry estel is still alive. these guys also ermil mcpeek / buddy workman .all these guys were good chicken men.
    Last edited by blades61; September 8th, 2011 at 01:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blades61 View Post
    i remember a few names i think they have all passed cant if all them were breeders but i know they were top notch cockers. roy yates /ermil yates /cornelius owens /curtis pinson/ gee mullins / orie hunt /curt tackett /estel baker i had the pleasure of meeting these guys and many more just cant remember right now. doc baker /doc belcher.sorry estel is still alive. these guys also ermil mcpeek / buddy workman .all these guys were good chicken men.
    Estel was a good chickan man. I had the pleasure of acquiring some of the last of his dom stock before he got out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BanditBulik View Post
    Back when it was legal I had planned to show at these fellers' club. I had heard this a time or 2. I had also heard back when legal, that they had been banned from a few clubs. Including the mother of them all. I never could get to the bottom of these allegations. I'm just wondering if it was true or just trash talk? I would like to hear more. Anyone else had any experiences?
    Yes it is true They have been banned from several pits.
    So as of now They Bought unterest into several pits and partnerships with pit owners that protect their holdings.
    Which is WINNING by ANY MEANS.
    Another practice is a paste under the ridge of a regular ball cap. after the person at the scales cleans their bird and heels. they touch there cap and get the poison of the cap bill and proceeds to rub it onto the spurs.
    We put Jerry lee down the first pitting..took only a heel or two..
    My Bird died the next day. after looking healthy as can be right after the fight and turning down 200 dollars From a mexican cocker for said bird.

Post Thanks / Like

There is guy on this site from KY has very good birds. He goes by Indianacres on here he is not very active on the site though.

There is just as good of fowl in Ohio and NY as there is in KY. There are some damn good breeders of fowl in Tennessee also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BanditBulik View Post
    Hmmm...Im very familiar with KY and these fellers names just dont come up much. There are some great breeders in KY. But they have all they can spare already contracted out to repeat buyers before they even hatch. I was always taught the best fowl were raised in KY. The perfect climate. Mild summers and cool winters. IMHO
    I been thinking about a move but just too old too much to move my son is looking somewhere between Elizabethtown and Louisville they dont got all the details yet my only son with my newest Grandson and my favorite Daughter in Law made me think about it anyway but my old bones is allergic to snow--LOL. Whats KY land going for in more rural areas?? Be a long way for me and my partner to drive me up there and him here.
    Last edited by j007; September 9th, 2011 at 06:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j007 View Post
    I been thinking about a move but just too old too much to move my son is looking somewhere between Elizabethtown and Louisville they dont got all the details yet my only son with my newest Grandson and my favorite Daughter in Law made me think about it anyway but my old bones is allergic to snow--LOL. Whats KY land going for in more rural areas?? Be a long way for me and my partner to drive me up there and him here.
    Just me but I wouldn't trade an acre of the southeast part, for 100 acres of that part of the state. JMHO The last we bought we give $2,000 an acre for. But we out in coal country, and out in the boonies. I like the way my roos get along with the deer...lol. As far as the snow, we haven't really seen snow in 10 years until last winter. I love the snow. If its gonna be cold, might as well have something to look at in the mean time. And besides deer dont blend in with snow...lol. yfis