Thread: The best conditioning method

Post Thanks / Like

The best conditioning method

GOOD DAY..PLS POST YOUR BEST CONDITIONING METHOD YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH YOU FIGHTERS IN THE PIT. I JUST WANT TO GAIN KNOWLEDGE FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE IN YOUR PERSONAL CONDITIONING METHOD. NO SECRETS PLS. . . GOD BLESS TO ALL COCKMATES

P.s. tagalog or english ang post ok lng po. salamat

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The best conditioning method

the modern way to condition roosters especially for the long knife is rotation and lots of sparring. I follow the "charlie carr keep" about 90% of the way.I just change it a little on the feed and medication but about 90% the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Sir,
    pls. post how you condition your fighters. . i would be glad if you give some tips on preparing your battle fowls. i'm pretty sure our fellow cockers will also post their secrets..thnx

Post Thanks / Like

The Charlie Carr Modern Knife and Gaff Keep

Most knife fights are decided in a few seconds after the rooster leaves your hand. Cutting ability,aggressiveness, sense, health, and speed are what it takes to win quick, which is
    what you want to do. Mental condition is 80% of condition is a well fed knife or gaff
    cock.
    He must have his mind on absolutely nothing but the other rooster.
    This mental condition is achieved by a good week of pre-keep in which the roosters
    are gentled and acquainted slowly with their new surroundings.
    You may think when you follow this keep you are not really conditioning the roosters
    you are partly right because what we are trying to do is get the rooster ready to
    fight. Without losing any of his natural abilities, especially his cutting ability.
    In conditioning for the gaff or short knife the keep is the same except during the work
    week you may want to fly the rooster on the work board: or move him more times.
    Start with 5 flys and work up to 15. Hold the rooster lower that the board: about 3
    feet out and release him at the board. This is optional, I think it's more for you than
    the rooster. Most people quit hand working roosters years ago, even for the gaff. Any
    keep or video you see with board work is dated to say the least.

Acquaint roosters with all stalls and pens they are going to be in.
    Feed twice a day - start with 2oz. feed per feeding. Feed dry in morning. Wet with
    about 1 ounce of buttermilk at night.
    Give 1 - teaspoon of chopped vegetables and fruits at noon each day of entire 3
    week keep up to Wednesday of the third week.
    The pre-keep is mainly for mental conditioning.
    Spar everyday in pre-keep, just 2 buckles. Also tease in and off pens.
    Feed
    Morning feed: 50% laying pellets (18%)
    25% Cracked corn
    5% Wheat
    5% Barley
    5% Dry Blue Ribbon dog food (21%)
    5% Calf manna
    5% Oat groats

Post Thanks / Like

Night Feed: 75% above mixture 25% Cooked pearl barley and buttermilk
    Feeding and Conditioning Procedure
    At 7 am go to the cockhouse and get the cocks from the stalls where you put them
    the night before. Be sure they have no feed in their craw, then put them in the fly
    pens. Throw 1 1/2oz of the morning feed on the litter. When the cocks are taken from
    the fly pens, check the pen to see if all the feed has been eaten. If not cut the
    amount by 1/4oz the next morning. You can increase by the same amount if he cleans
    up real quick and still acts hungry.
    Leave the cocks in the fly pens for an hour then follow the morning schedule below:
    8 am - 10 am ....................................Strings
    10 am - 12 noon ...............................4 X 6 pens
    12 noon - 2 pm .................................Round pens
    2 pm - 3 pm ......................................4 X 4 pens
    3 pm - 4 pm ......................................Back to fly pens
    At noon feed each rooster a heaping teaspoon of chopped vegetables and fruits. (Do
    this the entire keep up to Wednesday of the third week.)
    At 4 pm put the roosters in the stalls and feed the night feed.
    Feed 2oz per bird. If he has any in is craw in the morning, feed 1/4oz less the next
    night. On
    Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of the first week, put one tablespoon of redcell
    vitamins per six cocks on night feed.
    On Tuesday and Thursday of the first week put one tablespoon of desicated liver per
    six cocks on night feed. Starting Sunday, the 7th day of the third week, change the
    moving schedule to below:
    Monday: Move 4 times.
    Tuesday: Move 3 times.
    Wednesday: Move 2 times.
    Thursday: Move 1 time.
    Friday: Rest day.
    Monday of the third week put the roosters in stall at 4 pm.
    Tuesday put them in stalls at 3 pm.
    Wednesday at 2 pm. Thursday at 1 pm. On Friday rest all day or half a day, use own
    judgement. Nervous or high strung roosters require less rest.
    The idea is to move the cocks less and less each day of the last week until the day
    before the fight. Starting Monday of the second week, increase the amount of
    cracked corn in the morning and night feed by 15% per day.
    Starting on Wednesday of the second week, discontinue the vitamins at night
    feeding, also discontinue the vegetables and fruits at noon. Cut feed 1/4 ounce on
    Thursday morning. Cut feed 1/4 ounce more on Thursday night. Friday

Post Thanks / Like

morning feed 1
    1/2 ounce.
    Point for knife: If you fight on Saturday at about noon, feed 1 teaspoon leveled of
    half cracked corn and half barley wet with buttermilk on Friday night. Feed 1/4
    teaspoon Saturday morning if the cock craps out very little or just "dots" early in the
    morning. Keep droppings medium loose all during keep, even on fight day.
    Point for gaff: On Friday night feed half a teaspoon of cracked corn and half hard
    boiled egg white with a few drops of buttermilk over it.
    Traveling Feed
    This is going to be given in place of the night of travel. Give this feed just before you
    box up and head out.
    Take one box of knox plain gelatin and mix with 2 cups of water and 1/2 can (small
    can) of pet milk and one tablespoon of sugar in a boiler. Stir and bring to a boil. Pour
    into a pan 1" deep.
    Put into refrigerator. Cut into 1" cubes and give to roosters just before you leave. If
    they won't eat it, hand feed it. Use this feed when traveling long distance only. They
    will not dry out and travel well. When traveling short distances, be sure there is no
    feed in craw before you start.
    Sparring
    Once a day let the roosters buckle into each other one time and catch them
    immediately. If a rooster gets hit and doesn't get to hit back he will tomorrow.
    When the roosters feathers are green, which they will be until sometime in January or
    February, hold a battered cock in your hand let the rooster to be sparred hit into him
    once or twice a day. Hold the battered cock only one foot off the ground and offer
    him straight into the cock to be sparred. Don't make your cock fly up after a cock. Bill
    the cocks before you do the above.

THIS IS THE KEEP OF CHAMPIONS

Post Thanks / Like

Wow sir, thnx alot. you really post very informative conditioning method. we're alot in common in conditioning, but you have youre natural way in keeping cocks. this will help me gain conditioning ways. do you inject your fighters?

Post Thanks / Like

bravo i tried to send you a pm but your mailbox is full.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by purebreed8 View Post
    bravo i tried to send you a pm but your mailbox is full.
    Sir purebreed,
    sorry my pm is full but already deleted the old ones.. i wil check your pm as soon you send it. i guess my question is vry complicated. i undrstand.. wil wait for your msg..

Post Thanks / Like

sir purebreed, pls confirm if you receive my pm. im not sure if i sent it correctly.thnx

Post Thanks / Like

sir bravo,bago lang akong member dito..skilled selection and lots of chicken sense is the key
    to become a successful cockfighter..all this conditioning aids is just a supplement to enhance their full potential..sana po ay mkatulong ito syo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by headknock View Post
    sir bravo,bago lang akong member dito..skilled selection and lots of chicken sense is the key
    to become a successful cockfighter..all this conditioning aids is just a supplement to enhance their full potential..sana po ay mkatulong ito syo
    Salamat sir,

it will help that alot. if you want to share your conditioning method or post it here. evryone in this thread will love to see your skills.. thanx and goodluck, there will be no bad comments here or criticisms.

Post Thanks / Like

Night Feed: 75% above mixture 25% Cooked pearl barley and buttermilk
    Feeding and Conditioning Procedure
    At 7 am go to the cockhouse and get the cocks from the stalls where you put them
    the night before. Be sure they have no feed in their craw, then put them in the fly
    pens. Throw 1 1/2oz of the morning feed on the litter. When the cocks are taken from
    the fly pens, check the pen to see if all the feed has been eaten. If not cut the
    amount by 1/4oz the next morning. You can increase by the same amount if he cleans
    up real quick and still acts hungry.
    Leave the cocks in the fly pens for an hour then follow the morning schedule below:
    8 am - 10 am ....................................Strings
    10 am - 12 noon ...............................4 X 6 pens
    12 noon - 2 pm .................................Round pens
    2 pm - 3 pm ......................................4 X 4 pens
    3 pm - 4 pm ......................................Back to fly pens
    At noon feed each rooster a heaping teaspoon of chopped vegetables and fruits. (Do
    this the entire keep up to Wednesday of the third week.)
    At 4 pm put the roosters in the stalls and feed the night feed.
    Feed 2oz per bird. If he has any in is craw in the morning, feed 1/4oz less the next
    night. On
    Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of the first week, put one tablespoon of redcell
    vitamins per six cocks on night feed.
    On Tuesday and Thursday of the first week put one tablespoon of desicated liver per
    six cocks on night feed. Starting Sunday, the 7th day of the third week, change the
    moving schedule to below:
    Monday: Move 4 times.
    Tuesday: Move 3 times.
    Wednesday: Move 2 times.
    Thursday: Move 1 time.
    Friday: Rest day.
    Monday of the third week put the roosters in stall at 4 pm.
    Tuesday put them in stalls at 3 pm.
    Wednesday at 2 pm. Thursday at 1 pm. On Friday rest all day or half a day, use own
    judgement. Nervous or high strung roosters require less rest.
    The idea is to move the cocks less and less each day of the last week until the day
    before the fight. Starting Monday of the second week, increase the amount of
    cracked corn in the morning and night feed by 15% per day.
    Starting on Wednesday of the second week, discontinue the vitamins at night
    feeding, also discontinue the vegetables and fruits at noon. Cut feed 1/4 ounce on
    Thursday morning. Cut feed 1/4 ounce more on Thursday night. Friday

thanks for sharing sirs.

Post Thanks / Like

100% true! Selection is the key to winning. I dont care what keep you use or what you do to the rooster, if you don't have a good rooster to work with it will never be good. As the old saying goes " you cant turn a donkey into a thoroughbred."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Salamat sir,

it will help that alot. if you want to share your conditioning method or post it here. evryone in this thread will love to see your skills.. thanx and goodluck, there will be no bad comments here or criticisms.
    sir bravo,
    i dont have any standard conditioning method but i do have some supplement use for my gamefowl..it will takes about a week to explain what im talking about..i used a lot of cocking psychology approach hehehe and treated them as an individual..please check your brood pen,cull those frail and sickly individuals,use ax for those individuals that does not meet your standard or use for further experimentation(to test how game they are,catch cock etc)i would rather have a 20 very select cock than 200 that doesn't cull..LESS IS BETTER according to the late allen fischer a.k.a "tarheel"and glen duckworth a.k.a countyline(alive and kicking)..less mouth to feed.less attention less expenses,etc..and a friendly reminder bro..fight the cock when he is ready and not when you're ready..gud pm

Post Thanks / Like

100% true! Selection is the key to winning. I dont care what keep you use or what you do to the rooster, if you don't have a good rooster to work with it will never be good. As the old saying goes " you cant turn a donkey into a thoroughbred."
    sir purebreed8,
    a harry parr approach oh i really love charlie carr as a writer in gamecock magazine during those days..it will stimulate my logic right and chicken senses and apply it to my chickens..happy cocking bro

Post Thanks / Like

sir bravo,
    i dont have any standard conditioning method but i do have some supplement use for my gamefowl..it will takes about a week to explain what im talking about..i used a lot of cocking psychology approach hehehe and treated them as an individual..please check your brood pen,cull those frail and sickly individuals,use ax for those individuals that does not meet your standard or use for further experimentation(to test how game they are,catch cock etc)i would rather have a 20 very select cock than 200 that doesn't cull..LESS IS BETTER according to the late allen fischer a.k.a "tarheel"and glen duckworth a.k.a countyline(alive and kicking)..less mouth to feed.less attention less expenses,etc..and a friendly reminder bro..fight the cock when he is ready and not when you're ready..gud pm
    Yes sir headknock,
    Your very right..thats the fact of raising a fighters..we need to choose and who will survive the fittest..that is why i cull hard and start right.. i have the same vision like yours, i somestimes talk to them when i feed or condition them.hahaha as you said they must be treated like individual.. it will sure help me with your sensible advice.. thnx
    thnx also to sir purebreed for sharing his thoughts..

Post Thanks / Like

sir bravo,
    nice input...sensible.

Post Thanks / Like

Uuuuppuuuuuuppuuuuupppppp

Post Thanks / Like

all the observation in the world won't help you when you arrive at the pit, just like I've mentioned a zillion times without a system in place that separates and/or weeds out, and/or thins the herd, you're doomed for filure, as at fight time or showtime, whatever your case might be, the birds have to be" saucered and blown" some of you old timers know that term, but what that means is like people used to pour coffee in the saucer and blow on it to gool it down,,,then it was ready to drink,,,just like the birds have to be ready to go,,,,,now general observation is great, however when you haul something that is not well rested, relaxed and satisfied, you factor in "STRESS" which causes a bird to pull moisture and if the birds aren't fully hydrated in the muscle tissue, there goes your cutting,,your agility, your power, all your two years work down the chitter, no you must have a plan and i'm sure qualified to give this advise as I lost a dump truck load of roosters over a 25 year period until "The Process" and the Thompson/BRK methods were in place, which I thanked N.X. Thompson for the creaming portion many times, you see we're all great barrowers of information as many people have barrowed mine, which if I printed out the PM's would startle you all, however they are gracious enough to write when they win and are still satisfied if they don't and I gave out better information than I ever received without buying it, so we're all sleeping good at night,,,,,BRK

*****This thread has nothing to do with my feeding methods, just barrowed their title as I do not start threads***
    Last edited by brownred kelso; June 20th, 2013 at 08:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

my keep and method makes use of a lot of supplements. Having a lot of supplements won't neccisarily mean that your fowl will get drunk and high on meds. Just takes a lil common sense. Knowing what you're giving your fowl goes a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

Purebreed8. Well done on posting that keep.
    I think that it's a very good keep base for beginners. As you get more experienced you can change it up a little but this is a good start for a feeder that wants to put a few down.

Post Thanks / Like

Sino po nkakaalam ng mike ratliff conditioning o khit yung feeding nya man lang.