Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baytril

Post Thanks / Like

Baytril

Has anybody used baytril for crd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Baytril

thats what they told me to use..itsbetter than tylan...theres another ine called catosal.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 5% how much do you give & how often .

Post Thanks / Like

Baytril works great as well as the mexican brand. You can find it around but it is a vet perscribed medicine. If you can get it, it will knock out crd coryza and many things but it is very strong. If that stuff dont clear up your bird its an axe forsure.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

if its prescribed by the vet how much will it cost..we dont need a prescripcion in mexico..it cost like 23 dollars over here..its the 5%..

Post Thanks / Like

I get it for 20 bucks And becareful not 2 use 2 much

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 10% and I only give 1/10 of a cc in the breast three days in a row its worked for me. Hope it helps

Post Thanks / Like

Baytril works the best. I give 1/4 cc for 3 days straight this should do it.

Post Thanks / Like

1/2cc should be pleanty but im no vet. That stuff is strong and u give them to much you will kill the bird. I usually mix B-complex in when i give meds like thats just to perk them up and get them eating also. As far as cost its somewhere around $20. There is a menican generic brand also thats a lil cheaper its called amroxatryl or something like that comes in a red and yellow box.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

0.40 ml twice a day for three days. Should clear up after the second shot. I also give .40 ml of b12 for three days. Clears them right up.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, don't mix the antibiotic and b12 together in the same syringe (reacts with each other) Switch breast sides for every injection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaysep View Post
    Btw, don't mix the antibiotic and b12 together in the same syringe (reacts with each other) Switch breast sides for every injection.
    Whats the differance if it mixes in the blood or the syringe? Just woindering i have always mixed them and never had an issue. If there a good reason why id really like to know. Thanks
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butch93 View Post
    Whats the differance if it mixes in the blood or the syringe? Just woindering i have always mixed them and never had an issue. If there a good reason why id really like to know. Thanks
    Yfis
    Mark
    I use a B12 that is the same maker of Baytril. When I mixed them together, white substance (clouding effect) start forming (Baytril is clear, B12 is pinkish clear liquid) which means it starts percipitating.

These percipitates might not be absorbed by the body via muscular injection. I chose the safer road and inject one side with Baytril and the other, B12.

The main difference in mixing in the same syringe is the formation of percipitates. Percipitates will not form once absorbed by the body. The key word here is absorption. Said percipitates might either hinder absorption, or render the mixture innefective because it starts going through a chemical reaction yielding to solids (hopefully harmless).

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I use a B12 that is the same maker of Baytril. When I mixed them together, white substance (clouding effect) start forming (Baytril is clear, B12 is pinkish clear liquid) which means it starts percipitating.

These percipitates might not be absorbed by the body via muscular injection. I chose the safer road and inject one side with Baytril and the other, B12.

The main difference in mixing in the same syringe is the formation of percipitates. Percipitates will not form once absorbed by the body. The key word here is absorption. Said percipitates might either hinder absorption, or render the mixture innefective because it starts going through a chemical reaction yielding to solids (hopefully harmless).
    I think any white precipitation of mixing two medicines means INCOMPATIBILITY. This will harm either the patient and destroys the medicines chemical components. I work in a medical field and our SOP where i work is that if this happens just discard and never give it. But you can give them seperate and on seperate site.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I use. Baytril is clear colorless liquid and Coforta is pinkish clear liquid:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/dsc1400z.jpg

This is the result of the mixture:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/dsc1403rb.jpg
    Last edited by jaysep; August 29th, 2011 at 08:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I use. Baytril is clear colorless liquid and Coforta is pinkish clear liquid:

[IMG] http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/dsc1400z.jpg [/IMG]

This is the result of the mixture:

[IMG] http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/dsc1403rb.jpg [/IMG]

Yep my friend, the second picture is how a medication INCOMPATIBILITY looks like, there might be some other colors out there of incompatibility to some people's experience but to mine I would say 100%. you better give them seperate to be safe since theres no proven incompatibiliteis of baytril as of this date. Better safe than sorry....YFIS

Post Thanks / Like

you all referring to the Baytril for cattle i assume ?? if so, its very strong product- i would say a 1/2 cc would be a overdose. an 1/8th cc is plenty for a 6 pound bird for 3 cons days<< this is for Baytril100. they also make baytril for dogs and cats but its not the same as baytril100

Post Thanks / Like

Just follow the directions in the insert from the manufacturer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzzbait View Post
    you all referring to the Baytril for cattle i assume ?? if so, its very strong product- i would say a 1/2 cc would be a overdose. an 1/8th cc is plenty for a 6 pound bird for 3 cons days<< this is for Baytril100. they also make baytril for dogs and cats but its not the same as baytril100
    Most of the baytril that floats around is usualy for dogs and cats not cattle.

As far as mixing the two i appriciate the info just was woundering cause i have mixed the 2 for 15 years now and never had a problem and it always worked. Like i said im no vet thats why i like to find out the reasons why from people who have that background. Just didnt really understand cause like i said it has always worked and never had a problem.
    Thanks
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 2.27% give 2/10 cc in breast- once. Always has cleared up anything. I get mine from the Vet. it for cats & dogs direct from Bayer in purple box 20ml.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butch93 View Post
    Most of the baytril that floats around is usualy for dogs and cats not cattle.

As far as mixing the two i appriciate the info just was woundering cause i have mixed the 2 for 15 years now and never had a problem and it always worked. Like i said im no vet thats why i like to find out the reasons why from people who have that background. Just didnt really understand cause like i said it has always worked and never had a problem.
    Thanks
    Yfis
    Mark
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Glad to know you haven't got problems.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Butch93;3815289]Most of the baytril that floats around is usualy for dogs and cats not cattle.

well sorry, thats not so in my part of the country, alot of beef cattle farmers here.

So that clears things up , you guys are talkin about the Baytril for dogs and cats.,, baytril i was referring to is for respitory probs in swine and cattle just like Tylan 50 is . I have always used Tylan. I will try Baytril next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Big difference in price between the cattle formula and dog formula. Buddy of mine has Cattle and said its around $150.00 for a 100cc bottle,..... i'll just borrow a little from a him !!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone here know where i can get some Baytril 10% liquid. I am looking for the liquid, not the injectable. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Just so we're on the same page, The Baytril I use is manufactured by Bayer. It is for pigs, dogs, cats, birds, cattle, and goat. It is also known as Enrofloxacin. It is 2.5% in a 20ml solution for injection. (25mg / mL)

Dosage and Administration (I'll just write down what it says under Birds)

Birds: (stags, cocks, pullets and hens): 0.4mL by intramuscular injection twice a day for 3 days.

This particular Baytril by Bayer is manufactured in Bayer Korea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Good Game View Post
    Does anyone here know where i can get some Baytril 10% liquid. I am looking for the liquid, not the injectable. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I didn't think the liquid was available anymore but I was browsing through auctions last night and saw this....

http://www.oakridgegamefarm.net/auct...uction_details

Post Thanks / Like

Baytril is a potent antibiotic. Usually used as a LAST RESORT. To all who need to medicate their chicken, a word of advice...TRY THE LESS POTENT ONES FIRST. See if it works ,so as not to develop bacterial immunity to baytril. Being responsible in using antibiotics would greatly benefit all in the future. thanks ..... fis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jemm65 View Post
    Baytril is a potent antibiotic. Usually used as a LAST RESORT. To all who need to medicate their chicken, a word of advice...TRY THE LESS POTENT ONES FIRST. See if it works ,so as not to develop bacterial immunity to baytril. Being responsible in using antibiotics would greatly benefit all in the future. thanks ..... fis

I'll agree with that to an extent however baytril is the only bactericide available to combat bacterial sickness. Baytril will destroy bacteria whereas anything else will treat the symptoms and put the bacteria in a dormant state, and it will always pop it's head back up. If a person chooses not to cull, which is obviously the most effective method, the only potential way to eradicate the problem is with baytril, and then to quarantine any new birds and run baytril through them also. The most common reason for immunity is not running the antibiotic for it's intended course. If you just hit a bird once with baytril or anything else, you run the risk of that bird developing an immunity because you may not have killed everything with that one shot.
    Last edited by Falkor; September 13th, 2011 at 02:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Koryn Triple, it is real good also and you dont need a script. It is powder i put it in a gelatin capsule and put it down their throat. Works good.