Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oakridge gamefarm Auction

Post Thanks / Like

Oakridge gamefarm Auction

Is it really legit to buy from the auction. Do u really get the real right cross...is it recommended to buy from there? Since im new to gamefowl and all i was wondering if i did buy from there that i wouldnt be getting screwed over, and buying trash....just wondering cus they have alot of purebred gamecocks for cheap price.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oakridge gamefarm Auction

For me, I wouldn't buy anything at an auction, unless it's art And I won't buy anything at an internet auction, that's for sure.

What for? When I can just call the guy and buy from him direct. It might even be cheaper as there is no bidding war.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Its juat like anywhere else, just depends on who you buy from. Some guys on there try hard to sell good fowl and have a good name and others are peddlers on there. Just ask the seller alot of questions and if it sounds to good to he true probably is. I know a few guys that put solid fowl on there when they need feed money. You might not be getting there best but they dont have junk. Not going to mention names because im not here to advertise just ask around some of them guys selling may even be on this board.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I believe there are a few honest sellers on their, just like their are a few anywhere else, but their are a lot of crooks just trying to make a quick dollar. Personally I would never buy a chicken from anyone that I didn't talk to a few times first and ask them as many questions as possible. If you are not able to visit their farm then they should be able to provide quality photos of the fowl and parent fowl. Talking with a seller on the phone a few times and getting to know them is a bare minimum for me. Thankfully I have other options to acquire birds but I know that's not the case for everyone. And remember, just because a guy advertises in The Gamecock, or has a fancy website, that doesn't mean anything....take the time to get to know the man a little before handing over your hard earned money.

Post Thanks / Like

there some good guys on there just check the sellers feed back if you see somthing you like.i got a couple hens i needed off there but i took my time and ask a lot of questions. i got 2 nice hens no complaints.

Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased from there before and got some good deals, but I got ripped off once also. Just remember to ask a lot of questions, and get as many pics as you need. Feedback helps but does not guarantee a good transaction. The one time I got ripped was from a seller with high feedback percentage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deedly View Post
    I have purchased from there before and got some good deals, but I got ripped off once also. Just remember to ask a lot of questions, and get as many pics as you need. Feedback helps but does not guarantee a good transaction. The one time I got ripped was from a seller with high feedback percentage.
    how did u get ripped off if u dont mind me asking?

Post Thanks / Like

I sold a few on there and and had a lot of problems with non payers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by godsmylord2 View Post
    how did u get ripped off if u dont mind me asking?
    Bait and Switch. Showed a photo on the auction, but I got a different bird. I just culled the rooster and didn't bother to try for money back.

Post Thanks / Like

Bait and Switch. Showed a photo on the auction, but I got a different bird. I just culled the rooster and didn't bother to try for money back.
    Ya there is alot of that and others show a picture of a beautiful cock and say they have stags out of them. Also who really know what some of them guys are selling you. Ive seen some guys over the years buy alot of birds off of there or other sites and in a few years there a seller.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

there is a guy in ga i have dealt with a few times very honest people and very healthy and active fowl

Post Thanks / Like

That is a crazy question, you can get awesome fowl from that auction and you can get junk, I don't care to mention names but I can tell ya who's fowl I have seen personally and they was top quality competative fowl

Hoss 48 - JC bible blueface, and hatch/redquill crosses and pure redquill
    Borderline- Kelso fowl strong as any green legged hatch chicken
    Mtnman- awesome cajun kelso fowl
    Gravediffer fowl
    Ms.Kitty-Awesome Brownreds
    lando farms- great blue fowl

These are folks have delt with and seen there fowl, they are just as good quality as the big name big dollar stuff that alot of times ain't worth what ya pay for
    Now from what I hear if ya looking for warhorse GF gamefarm is where to go for those

Post Thanks / Like

theres a guy his users name is Kadandra , ,what do you think of him?

Post Thanks / Like

I took a look at it they ask alot of information in this day of identy theift I am a little leary about a site I dont know.Would be a good way to move a extra fowl or two had a good year so thought about it. ANyone know how long they been around??

Post Thanks / Like

i advertise on there for some of my friends that dont have computer skills i havent sold any of my own birds on there but if i ever do they wont be junk i just dont like selling because its hard to please everyone and i dont like the thoughts of anyone mad at me over a chicken

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j007 View Post
    I took a look at it they ask alot of information in this day of identy theift I am a little leary about a site I dont know.Would be a good way to move a extra fowl or two had a good year so thought about it. ANyone know how long they been around??
    I was one of the first memmbers of the site, I have gotten my buckhaws brownreds from the owner, great fowl, and the guy running the auction is another friend I know, I have made alot of good friends as customers off the auction I like it, now alot of them are friends I don't even charge we will swap borrow or trade out

Post Thanks / Like

thats the sad thing about it no matter how good your fowl or how honest you are your not gonna please everyone.i have never sold any and wont for that very reason.i have bought a few off there tho. i have been a member for around a year so far no problems .some of the sellers have been on there a few years.
    Last edited by blades61; September 3rd, 2011 at 02:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mahal View Post
    He sure sells a lot of different bloodlines. He also runs another auction site. gamecockauctions. He sells on both sites. I have never purchased from him.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like some of the folks support it might be a little bias......LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I would buy fowl from there only cause there is to much of a possibility that I might me dealing whit someone just trying to get mediocre fowl. I would bid if I was dealing whit friends like Blackhamer.But there is some nice looking fowl other. Anything else that's not chickens I might give it a try . Do any of ya know who sells stag pens on there ? I'm looking to buy pens like the one's from Mexico . If I don't find then then Ima go get a bunch and I'll be the one selling them

Post Thanks / Like

My friend bought from kadandra, was a cold rooster, but kandadra sent him a replacement and he was a good bird

Post Thanks / Like

He sure sells a lot of different bloodlines. He also runs another auction site. gamecockauctions. He sells on both sites. I have never purchased from him.
    thanks buddy,bec, ive noticed he sell lots of roosters

Post Thanks / Like

bo and clyde conn ive heard good and bad i guess thats typical

Post Thanks / Like

thats the problem its hard to please everybody ,its better to go to the farm and pick what you like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mahal View Post

I don't know him, never dealt with him, but his name came up on another forum, so out of curiosity I went and had a look on oakridge. He has like 20 different lines for sale all the time. I sent him a message and asked if he just bought chickens and resold them or if he actually raised that many different lines. Well he sent me a message back, pretty pissed off and claimed to have 50 acres of chickens and what seemed like a 3rd grade education in grammar. I sent back saying that it must be a lot of work taking care of 30 different lines of birds and 50 acres of pens. He never responded back. I have never seen any of his pictures indicate that he has more than a half acre at most. I get an evil joy in mildly harassing what I think are "peddlers" on oakridge and ebay.....it's my midnight hobby when I'm feeling a little mean

26. Thanks staggaffer thanked for this post
    Likes staggaffer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thats a ongoing complaint on his feedback poor commuication skills but im not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased fowl from the site and had both good and bad exp. Just like any time you buy fowl you must talk to the person first. You cant always tell who is stretchin the truth but at least you can weed some of them out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhammerFarm View Post
    I was one of the first memmbers of the site, I have gotten my buckhaws brownreds from the owner, great fowl, and the guy running the auction is another friend I know, I have made alot of good friends as customers off the auction I like it, now alot of them are friends I don't even charge we will swap borrow or trade out
    Thanks will think about it -usually have a few left over 3 year olds retired each year might try a couple of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j007 View Post
    Thanks will think about it -usually have a few left over 3 year olds retired each year might try a couple of them.
    well just keep me in the back of your head when you get ya a spare brownred pullet lol,

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Oakridge gamefarm Auction

Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    I don't know him, never dealt with him, but his name came up on another forum, so out of curiosity I went and had a look on oakridge. He has like 20 different lines for sale all the time. I sent him a message and asked if he just bought chickens and resold them or if he actually raised that many different lines. Well he sent me a message back, pretty pissed off and claimed to have 50 acres of chickens and what seemed like a 3rd grade education in grammar. I sent back saying that it must be a lot of work taking care of 30 different lines of birds and 50 acres of pens. He never responded back. I have never seen any of his pictures indicate that he has more than a half acre at most. I get an evil joy in mildly harassing what I think are "peddlers" on oakridge and ebay.....it's my midnight hobby when I'm feeling a little mean
    <--- lol your a bad man . 20 different lines ! whit that many he's lucky to have maintained one good one , and a job if he's not already a Full time breeder . Those the kind that make me scared to buy from there ..