Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American in the Phillipines

St.Louis Club

American in the Phillipines

How does an American get started in the process of moving to Phillipines to compete with his fowl ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: American in the Phillipines

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$

St.Louis Club

ha ha ha what about really good fowl ?

Post Thanks / Like

i can start you with good fowls...good location...good women...

Post Thanks / Like

there are lots of good breeder, handler, gaffer and farm manager here who love fighting well conditioned chickens... the choice is yours.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried searching Google with these terms "expat community manila"

A lot came out. You can browse there and ask questions.

The good thing is you don't have to hide that you are a cockfighter

You're an EXPAT in the Philippines and you will engage in the business of fighting cocks.

A cockfighting breeding facility is as welcome here as any other business and like all foreign investments, it's accorded many incentives for the investor (you).

So do some research and give it a try.

Regards.

Post Thanks / Like

you're welcome here...fight your own breed of roosters... beat some big time breeders, make a name for yourself and be happy...

St.Louis Club

Does anyone ever sponser someone to help them get over there.

Post Thanks / Like

How much would it cost to get over there and get started say 100 cocks plus brood fowl do u have to buy the land or can u rent and is it easy to hire help on ur farm and ect. I've always wanted to go there even to a visit just cuz the tradition they have for the sport y has the usa went to what they have with the laws against the sport

St.Louis Club

Indeed I would love to go see the slasher cup. But I dont really know anyone over there need some connections. then if I like it I would like to posibly move my farm over there. I was a pupil of W.T. Greens and Carol Ibelle So that is the fowl that I raise. I would love to be looked at as a profesional instead of a outlaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by St.Louis Club View Post
    Indeed I would love to go see the slasher cup. But I dont really know anyone over there need some connections. then if I like it I would like to posibly move my farm over there. I was a pupil of W.T. Greens and Carol Ibelle So that is the fowl that I raise. I would love to be looked at as a profesional instead of a outlaw.

I've been thinking the same thing lately. My 401k from my last employer is lookin pretty spendable right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I no what u mean id love to someone that wwent over to visit and stuff over there and yea it is sad that a person is an outlaw to show the fowl and honor them its sad that in other countries that its a true sport and here its a crime the money and stuff it brings to communitys and the extra jobs that gamefowl keppt with the extra feeds that the more jfowl had and a few ppl that think its bad can control it its sad

Post Thanks / Like

To get a retirement visa in the P.I., you need to be/have...

50 years old....
    $10,000.00 to put in the bank for 6 months...
    Be reasonably healthy...
    Have a clean record...
    Proof of around $1500 USD monthly income...

I may have forgotten something, but those are the main one's.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you considered having a partner?

Visit the Philippines and look around.
    There are a lot of small-time breeders like myself who needs the breeds, expertise and honest dollars to be able to compete versus the big-timers.
    If you can prove your name, your lines, by winning consistently your business success will hardly be a question.

Success breeds more success. But you have to rise with the big boys there.

Example? Read about Colt 39's developments over there. The show successes of his partners, the proof of his exceptional breeds, the glorius WSC wins, BHAM!
    Now, you have to salute the man who is willing to help others, with utmost honesty and integrity.

If you have what it takes then it will not be difficult for you over there.
    Believe or not, you'll be looked up to over there but still be careful who you deal with.

RickC

St.Louis Club

Yeah I need to just plan to make a trip to the wsc and see what its all about. Maybe I could hook up with some old buddys from Sunset that go over there.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what it would cowst to go over for a visit and go to the wsc and maybe visit a few farms cuz if ya gota be 50 to get a place over thre I got alll the other requirements andhave the finanicals to do so as in having a farm there but id like to tlk to someone that has went there for a visit and stuff to see about going over to the wsc

Post Thanks / Like

To those who are interested to visit or plan to continue breeding in the Philippines, I'm going to the Philippines on the last week of Jan or 1st week of Feb, 2012 to participate in the Candelaria 7 Cock Derby in Iloilo. I'm retiring in Sep 2013 from work after 30 yrs of hard work here in the USA & spend my retirement in my gamefarm in Bacolod, the best place for breeding & raising chicken in the Philippines.
    Contact me @ cp# (1732) 692-0346, or pm me. You can see videos of my farm at YOUTUBE channel search: cabrosgamefowl2010.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by St.Louis Club View Post
    Yeah I need to just plan to make a trip to the wsc and see what its all about. Maybe I could hook up with some old buddys from Sunset that go over there.
    hi buddy. sentenciador is right. here in the philippines, successful gamefowl breeders are looked up to and respected.

duke hulsey, bruce barnett, dink fair and richard bates, to name a few, are very popular names in the philippines.

big fights are not held in the bushes but in huge fully-airconditioned venues like the historic araneta coliseum where muhammad ali and joe frazier figured in "thrilla in manila."

gamefowl products are advertised on national television and newspapers. there is a weekly television show featuring cockfighting and a live cockfighting show on cable television.

our greatest boxer, manny pacquiao, is a cocker and at times would pit his fowls in big competitions.

there is a cockfight almost everyday anywhere in the capital region of metro manila.

filipinos are very friendly but beware, just as with any other nationality, there are hustlers too and you may end up losing your pants if you are not careful and discerning.

you want to come? hook up with my partner, jim clem, jr. he has been to the philippines twice and has even gone down to the Island of Mindanao where we have our farm. (http://roosterraiser.multiply.com) there is a post about jim clem oriental's in this forum. you could reach him there.

jim is coming for the first leg of the world slasher cup in january 2012. jim has made quite a name here in only two outings in the wsc with a respectable 7-1 showing in january 2011 and 4.5 points in june.

i would be happy to show you around and help you get the feel of the surroundings before you make any major decision.

i can only assure you of one thing: a gamefowl lover will find no other place in the world like the philippines. my homeland is the ultimate heaven for people like you and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3B gamefarm View Post
    I wonder what it would cowst to go over for a visit and go to the wsc and maybe visit a few farms cuz if ya gota be 50 to get a place over thre I got alll the other requirements andhave the finanicals to do so as in having a farm there but id like to tlk to someone that has went there for a visit and stuff to see about going over to the wsc
    if you book your flight early for the world slasher cup of january 2012, the round trip ticket, wherever you are from the mainland, would not be more than $2,000.

tuck in $3,000 more in your waist pocket and you would enjoy the experience of your life in the wsc. book your hotel room on line. it would just cost you about $50 per day. choose one that would be very near the araneta coliseum so you do not have to spend for the transportation from your hotel to the fight venue.

one heavy meal in a seafood restaurant would just cost between $10 to $20.

if you are lucky, you could even recoup your travel expenses by betting a little on the fights which come every 15 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

What are you guys waiting for? Get yourselves together and plan a group visit here...

Cabros is coming, Jim Clem is coming, gov. is offering his place... It's all about making it happen!
    Last edited by The Good$!!!; September 11th, 2011 at 12:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, what are you waiting for? You get your own Governor as host! You can't beat that

Post Thanks / Like

I wouled do anything to get up with some other ppl and get to no some ppl esp over there if I don't make it over there this yr I def wanna come next yr but id love to get to no some ppl btr that way id have someone that knows the area over ther and I wanna come for the wsc id be verry happy if someone would pm me to tlk bout coming over or going over there that's def adarem what is the best places as in were r the nicest farms and derbys how far apart are they from each other is it hard to travel please more info

Post Thanks / Like

IN 2009 I hosted David T of Dapa Gamefarm of North Carolina & Jim Young of Kentucky to Candelaria Derby in Iloilo. Then they came back the following year 2010 with Marty Robinson of NC & Roy Ogle of TN to join the Candelaria Derby in Iloilo. Unfortunately I was not able to go w/them due some circumstances beyond my control. I was able to come on the 1st week of Feb. & Candelaria Derby is over yet we were able to field an entry w/out me since my grand uncle decided to have an entry & luckily he was one of the champion of Candelaria Derby2010. Our entry name is PBC EMERALD.

cabros

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon View Post
    i can start you with good fowls...good location...good women...
    ha ha ha NICE ONE ! good luck sir .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by immanuel View Post
    hi buddy. sentenciador is right. here in the philippines, successful gamefowl breeders are looked up to and respected.

duke hulsey, bruce barnett, dink fair and richard bates, to name a few, are very popular names in the philippines.

big fights are not held in the bushes but in huge fully-airconditioned venues like the historic araneta coliseum where muhammad ali and joe frazier figured in "thrilla in manila."

gamefowl products are advertised on national television and newspapers. there is a weekly television show featuring cockfighting and a live cockfighting show on cable television.

our greatest boxer, manny pacquiao, is a cocker and at times would pit his fowls in big competitions.

there is a cockfight almost everyday anywhere in the capital region of metro manila.

filipinos are very friendly but beware, just as with any other nationality, there are hustlers too and you may end up losing your pants if you are not careful and discerning.

you want to come? hook up with my partner, jim clem, jr. he has been to the philippines twice and has even gone down to the Island of Mindanao where we have our farm. (http://roosterraiser.multiply.com) there is a post about jim clem oriental's in this forum. you could reach him there.

jim is coming for the first leg of the world slasher cup in january 2012. jim has made quite a name here in only two outings in the wsc with a respectable 7-1 showing in january 2011 and 4.5 points in june.

i would be happy to show you around and help you get the feel of the surroundings before you make any major decision.

i can only assure you of one thing: a gamefowl lover will find no other place in the world like the philippines. my homeland is the ultimate heaven for people like you and me.

hi gov...i'm american too...can i come visit your farm?

St.Louis Club

Gov PM me give me more details please.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by immanuel View Post
    if you book your flight early for the world slasher cup of january 2012, the round trip ticket, wherever you are from the mainland, would not be more than $2,000.

tuck in $3,000 more in your waist pocket and you would enjoy the experience of your life in the wsc.
    Only $ 5,000 to go to cockfighting paradise ,man I'm almost there I can see it now

Post Thanks / Like

Sure I hope I get to go if not this year def next year

Post Thanks / Like

I read some very sad news that our friend Baja who we all know living in Mexico was handed a letter from the Baja Calif. Government to dismantal his farm . . . Sad situation now for him and our friends south of the border.. . I pray for him

Post Thanks / Like

What .... ? Hope its not true