Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another conditioning method

Post Thanks / Like

another conditioning method

the way I condition birds for shows beginning at 8 pm
    KEEP FEED

1 part brown Rice ( boil rice and corn for 10 mins, add rasien and barley boil 10 mins...)
    1 Part Popcorn ( strain, let set over night, pour 1 can evaporated milk on feed in strainer, let strain)
    1 part rasiens ( keep refridgerated)
    1 part barley

POINT FEED

White Rice ( boiled 6 mins)
    Crackedcorn ( freshly cracked)
    ( feed 1/2 rice 1/2 corn)
    1/2 teaspoon honey

PRE-KEEP

day 1 : 1/4 cc tylan 50
    day 2 : 1/4 cc Penicillan
    day 3 : 1/4 cc B-12
    day 4 : worm, de-lice, ( no feed today)

NOTE: Days 1 -7 scratch cocks feed the same feed you feed them when they are not in the keep

THE KEEP

Note: put cocks in the fly pens rotate to different fly pen after morning feed
    NOTE: feed cocks in cup do not scratch cocks now, give them board work, they will scratch on own.
    NOTE: feed cocks morning and evening 12 hrs apart
    NOTE: feed cocks 3 level u.s. Table spoons, at each feeding give 10 mins to eat
    NOTE: - stand up to the table with the fowl facing away from you, flirt him forward and backward, increasing daily the number of flirts and the speed. flirt your rooster, Flirting alternatly forward and backward.
    NOTE: give fowl all the water they care to drink they know more about what they need than you do when it comes to water.

DAY 1
    Morning: Spar, Keep feed + 6 piecs of cat food multivitamin tablet
    Evening: charcoal tab, 10 flirts, keep feed + 6 pieces cat food Tbl spoon cottage cheese

DAY 2
    Morning: Spar, keep feed + 6 pieces of cat food
    Evening: 20 flirts, cod liver oil cap, keep feed + 6 cat food, multivitamin tablet

DAY 3
    Morning: charcoal tab, keep feed + 6 cat food multivitamin tablet
    Evening: 25 flirts, keep feed + 6 cat food TBL spoon cottage cheese

DAY 4
    morning: Spar, , keep feed + 6 cat food, fruit
    evening: 30 flirts, , keep feed + 6 cat food, multivitamin tablet

Day 5
    morning: , charcoal, keep feed + 6 cat food multivitamin tablet
    evening: 30 flirts( none in long knife), keep feed + cat food TBL spoon cottage cheese

DAY 6
    morning: Spar, keep feed + 6 catfood, multivitamin tablet
    evening: 30 flirts cod liver, charcoal, keep feed + 6 cat food, fruit

DAY 7
    morning: , 1/4 cc b-12, keep feed + 6 cat food, multivitamin tablet
    evening: 30 flirts keep feed + 6 cat food TBL spoon cottage cheese

Post Thanks / Like

Re: another conditioning method

DAY 8
    morning: Spar, no flirts, , keep feed + 6 cat food, fruit
    evening: 30 flirts charcoal, keep feed + 6 cat food, multivitamin tablet

DAY 9
    morning: , keep feed + 6 cat food multivitamin tablet
    evening: 30 flirts, keep feed + 6 cat food TBL spoon cottage cheese

DAY 10
    morning: , vitamin k, keep feed + 6 cat food, fruit ( last time cat food)
    evening: 20 flirts, keep feed(no more cat food), , multivitamin tablet( last time vitamin)

DAY 11
    morning: , charcoal, vitamin k, keep feed
    evening: 10 flirts, keep feed

DAY 12
    morning: keep feed, blackout cc B- 12
    evening: 5 flirts, , vitamin k, keep feed with 1/2 teaspoon honey, blackout

DAY 13
    morning: 1 1/2 tablespoon keep feed- 1 TBL spoon Point feed, 1/2 teaspoon honey, blackout
    evening: 2 TBL spoon point feed, 1/2 teaspoon honey, vitamin k, , blackout

DAY 14 - show day
    morning: 1 teaspoon point feed, 1/2 teaspoon honey,
    1 hour before show starts: vitamin k,

once cocks are on point and completely empty and need fed, 2 rasiens per hour will keep them on point but once you start feeding you must feed every hour on the hour, 2 rasiens only holds them for an hour

this always has worked well for me, great for beginners its almost fool proof
    Last edited by HailStorm; September 30th, 2011 at 01:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember no matter what keep u do tye feed is going to change depending on the weather especialy the last 3 days of pointing. Heat, humidity, rain, storm fronts they can all affect pointing the rooster. If a storm is coming in they tend to hold there feed a little more. Not all places have nice cock houses for u to use and control the moisture either.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

i recomend the charlie carr keep for beginers. the carr keep will give you a good base of knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like

Hailstorm.... Thank you for your keep!!! Takes courage to put it out there for people to judge your ability to feed roosters.... I like it.... keep em crown..... Yfis Kali......

Post Thanks / Like

ill try your table method,like the number of flirts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kali559 View Post
    Hailstorm.... Thank you for your keep!!! Takes courage to put it out there for people to judge your ability to feed roosters.... I like it.... keep em crown..... Yfis Kali......
    kali,

All I can say is I figure it's like this, I've tried many other keeps by famous men ,the charlie carr, claypoole method,coach's,niteowl,blackhat,ratliff, just to name a few but year after year the keep I posted given to me by a good friend when he retired, is the best conditioning method for ME, it may not work for you but I'd really encourage you to try it.

manook,

In my oppion boadwork makes cocks gentle as chickenly possible, builds stamina, strenth, and livibility like nothing i've seen

In the LK I produce 75-80% wins, but I'd like to give credit to my crosses as well as the keep
    Last edited by HailStorm; October 3rd, 2011 at 03:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

heres a 5 cock worth of proof. 1'" knife not a hrd fight 1, this is the first time they used my keep, this is also there first championship win

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5bLpooI3EU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5bLpooI3EU[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZNr889BgZQ"]mexican winners(conditioned my way) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tKLgeRir0w"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tXGfk3uZL4"]MVI 1830 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeQKz_pZ0_M"]mexican winners(conditioned my way) 4 - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by HailStorm; October 3rd, 2011 at 01:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I seen that you posted on another thread that the video was for the naysayers? I'm just curios as to why? cause what I seen your keep and BRK have nothing in common, so you would be one of the naysayers for him. Or maybe I just didn't get it.

Post Thanks / Like

They fought really good strong and cutting. It seems that you guys are in the right track congratulations. Where these videos of the 5 cock derby?

Post Thanks / Like

awesome conditioning method with Video to back it up. Thats a Two Thumbs up to you buddy. Unlike the other that is all talk and no show.

Post Thanks / Like

Where can i find the Charlie Carr keep.
    Thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prietos2 View Post
    I seen that you posted on another thread that the video was for the naysayers? I'm just curios as to why? cause what I seen your keep and BRK have nothing in common, so you would be one of the naysayers for him. Or maybe I just didn't get it.
    Amigo the Naysayers because they don't feed milk and BRk & Hailstorm both feed also milk.

and constantly criticize that MILK is Bad for Game Fowl
    Ronco

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DA3791 View Post
    Thanks for the info
    Hey buddy, all you got to do is type it in your search engine. You'll find it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RONCOVOICE View Post
    Amigo the Naysayers because they don't feed milk and BRk & Hailstorm both feed also milk.

and constantly criticize that MILK is Bad for Game Fowl
    Ronco
    Sorry but just don't see where he gives them milk every week or that he feeds them all pellets the last week. If any thing BRK would call him a rice burner. This keep is NOTHING like BRK's it is all the contrary of BRK's method or maybe I am just plain stupid and I don't see it in his notes.
    Last edited by prietos2; October 3rd, 2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: ,,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prietos2 View Post
    I was trying to respectivly say I think brk method is alot of theroys with no backbone, I've know men to hide misfourtune but never proof

so yes I sign up for the naysayers of brk method
    Last edited by HailStorm; October 4th, 2011 at 12:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DA3791 View Post
    Thanks for the info
    I have it laying around here somewere if i can find it I'll get you a copy, I haven't seen it in years so give me time to look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HailStorm View Post
    I was trying to respectivly say I think brk method is alot of theroys with no backbone, I've know men to hide misfourtune but never proof

so yes I sign up for the naysayers of brk method
    Oh, Ok. Then welcome to the club!!!! lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Im new to conditioning and have a couple questions if you dont mind. On the keep feed you put 1 part of each ingrediant, How much is 1 part? Same on the point feed how much of each? it says 1/2 and 1/2 but how much is a half? What should i be looking for when choosing the cat food? Where is a good place to buy the charcoal tab?

Post Thanks / Like

hailstorm just wondering if all them fights was 1 derby? because it looked like 2 different handlers and 4 different outfits of clothes just saying

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stillbreaking View Post
    hailstorm just wondering if all them fights was 1 derby? because it looked like 2 different handlers and 4 different outfits of clothes just saying
    the first video the birds owner pitted the rest was his handler, I never noticed the diffent clothes still you mentioned it, but since one is a long sleeve flannel and the other shirt is a short sleave t shirt my best guess is he took the over shirt off? but i really don't know this is just what i was sent i figured he had no reason to lie to me..... he sent me a gift pakage after he won 12 hand made mexican tiecords, 3 s/k's and 3 s/k boots and a roll of sting and said try the s/k out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun View Post
    Im new to conditioning and have a couple questions if you dont mind. On the keep feed you put 1 part of each ingrediant, How much is 1 part? Same on the point feed how much of each? it says 1/2 and 1/2 but how much is a half? What should i be looking for when choosing the cat food? Where is a good place to buy the charcoal tab?
    catfood= as long as its 30-35% protein it doesn't matter
    1 part refers to the mixture ex: 2 cups brown rice,2 cups popcorn kernells, 2cup barley, 2 cups rasiens

the point feed is mixed half and half ex: 2 cups white rice, 2 cups cracked corn stir it up and this is your point feed. so if you feed 2 tbl spoons point feed give 1 tbl spoon white rice 1 tbl spoon cracked corn

Post Thanks / Like

here is another keep that uses the rice and wins.
    another rice burner that wins and is a naysayer to brk.
    the cocks in the videos sure did not fight like hungry parakeets did they!
    keep up the good work. yfis

i noticed you use 1/2 rice and 1/2 feed like me .
    Last edited by scott; October 5th, 2011 at 03:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

they fought really good and quality birds........

Post Thanks / Like

i think this should be on the front page for awhile !

let everyone see what a rice fed bird can do!

Post Thanks / Like

scott,,,,,hailstorm since this is your method i was wanderin in a different thread they was speakin of milk in feed, that it was a laxitive and that cocks shouldn have to have laxative to get empty,,,,,,the charcoal tablets that you use is it being used as a laxitive our what is its purpose in keep? may be stupid question but wanted to know why it was bein used in keep?

Post Thanks / Like

Man they didn't even make it to the short lines ! Very consistent birds . How did he do before using your keep ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hitmonkey!!! View Post
    scott,,,,,hailstorm since this is your method i was wanderin in a different thread they was speakin of milk in feed, that it was a laxitive and that cocks shouldn have to have laxative to get empty,,,,,,the charcoal tablets that you use is it being used as a laxitive our what is its purpose in keep? may be stupid question but wanted to know why it was bein used in keep?
    hitmonkey the keep he posted had some similarity to mine ,but not the exact method i use. i noticed he used the milk poured over the feed and used a strainer to let the milk pour on thru the feed.the way he used milk very little would be on the feed mix.he did not say he used all that milk mixture to load the cocks up on it like some one who said by giving them all they would drink[creaming them,creaming them]
    the milk would act like a very mild laxative using hailstorm's method.
    using it the other way by loading them up on it would not be a mild laxative but a strong laxative and i see no reason to over load a cock on milk if you feed the right kind of feed that a cock can pass without any problem.
    the charcoal tablets have been used in many keeps but not as a laxative.
    he also stated give them all the water they want,the same as me.
    he uses different ingredients in his feed that i don't,so maybe he feels they need a little light coating of milk on the feed to pass it better or faster.the feed mix i use i don't need it.
    but what ever his reason i don't know,but it works for him and that is what matters.
    he proved that rice does work and works very good.
    my training method and his is different,but again his works for him and mine works for me.
    but his method and mine have a lot of similarities.
    hailstorms method makes a lot more sense than a lot of the crap that is posted on here .
    hailstorm will have to explain the reason he feels he needs or does things his way.
    but what ever the reason those cocks in the videos damn sure did not fight like hungry parakeets after being fed rice!
    i have been using steam rice a long time in my feeding method and have experimented with it many different ways and i know it works very good !
    i say chalk another win on the board for rice feeders.
    yfis
    Last edited by scott; October 6th, 2011 at 05:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

hitmonkey the reason some people use the charcoal in the keep is because it is suppose to act like a filter in the guts to absorb the bad bacteria or harmful stuff in the guts and help the cocks pass the unwanted toxins out of the cock.which would result in a healthier cock and be able to digest his food better and injest all the nutrients in his feed.that is what i have been told.someone else may know more on this than me. just my opinion
    yfis
    Last edited by scott; October 6th, 2011 at 05:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nate dont you think you should ask the the originater of this keep before you post it all over the board?