Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: BEST GAFF ROOSTERS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BEST GAFF ROOSTERS

I've seen two average game gaff fowl bred together produce deep game battle crosses. Anyone ever wonder why? My first guess is its "HIGHBRED VIGOR" lying to you. My second guess is its two recessive genes from each family becoming dominant. Either way. Its a lie. Not saying it couldn't be useful though.

Post Thanks / Like

you gotta have hatch for the gaff and your handler better know the rules front and back and know what and when to do it in the gaff other then good fowl you better learn a good keep I think some one with good chickens and a great feeder/conditioner will beat some one with great fowl and a good keep and feeder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    I've seen two average game gaff fowl bred together produce deep game battle crosses. Anyone ever wonder why? My first guess is its "HIGHBRED VIGOR" lying to you. My second guess is its two recessive genes from each family becoming dominant. Either way. Its a lie. Not saying it couldn't be useful though.
    can you explain by what you mean by its a lie?

Post Thanks / Like

Game, awesome cutting Kelso's + Hard hitting powerful Mclean Hatch.......

Post Thanks / Like

My option is that u got hatch , Kelso, claret, grey, white hackel, that is all good in the gaff and the same roosters are good in the lk and sk as well . It's all cums down to where u get them from if there breed for the gaff or sk/lk . Don't go by lk or sk rooster to put in the gaff and then it *** down to ur keep and how u keep them if u got a gaff breed and ur raise them like a lk rooster then all ur doing messing ur self up ! If u can find eany of the 5 blood lines and u find a a well know gaff breeder then u are off to a good start ow Roundhead and butchers are good to as long as u get the good one most Roundhead love to dish it out but can't tack the cold steel too well . Now as far as white roosters and domes, toppies and muffs, black roosters I would stay far away from as I could I'm not saying there ant good ones out there but it like looking for a needle in a hay stack I have seen some deep game muffs that where hell in the gaff but the pepple who have them don't get read of them so if I was looking gaff first go to a gaffer sec stick to red/greys