Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rat Graves "Hatch Village"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rat Graves "Hatch Village"

This thread is like any other thread. There are good and bad reviews. Everybody has their own opinion and that's great. Lets keep sharing information. How do the Penny's show pure. Have not seen that many Penny hatch being shown pure in the short knife in Mexico. Are they too slow or powerful? I always see leipers in the short knife.

Post Thanks / Like

the leaper and penny cross are very good in the sk and gaff one of rats best crossies the pure pennys can hold there own as cocks in the sk the only thing some of them break good and some dont. wont get off the ground

Post Thanks / Like

Victor, you are not alone. A friend of mine bought a lieper from rat, after looking at the stag that rat sent him and sparred him he ended up selling it because he doesnt like everything he saw, he is lucky enough that someone bought it from him but of course at the lower price, so he warned me not to buy from him. I also have a really bad experience to this big time breeder i will name him as well Chris NeSmith i bought a trio of possum from him right after he won the wsc, the day he came back from pi i called him up i told him i want the same bloodline that he used during that derby, hoping that i can compete to a higher level of competition, guess what happen to my breeding i ended up getting dom out of that trio that i got from him. i know he visit this site so i hope he see this i am the guy from Oakland Ca. he can check his record.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fourwinds_011 View Post
    the leaper and penny cross are very good in the sk and gaff one of rats best crossies the pure pennys can hold there own as cocks in the sk the only thing some of them break good and some dont. wont get off the ground
    Very true fourwinds the lieper/penny cross is very popular in Mexico. Also the leiper/regular grey and lieper/kelso cross as well. What is another good cross with the penny hatch for the short knife fourwinds?

Post Thanks / Like

my green leg toppies are very for the sk crossed on the pennys i have a new cross that iam trying out later down the road the pennys crossed on feg i have them at half and half and 3/4 feg and 1/4 penny they are looking good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vangerald View Post
    Victor, you are not alone. A friend of mine bought a lieper from rat, after looking at the stag that rat sent him and sparred him he ended up selling it because he doesnt like everything he saw, he is lucky enough that someone bought it from him but of course at the lower price, so he warned me not to buy from him. I also have a really bad experience to this big time breeder i will name him as well Chris NeSmith i bought a trio of possum from him right after he won the wsc, the day he came back from pi i called him up i told him i want the same bloodline that he used during that derby, hoping that i can compete to a higher level of competition, guess what happen to my breeding i ended up getting dom out of that trio that i got from him. i know he visit this site so i hope he see this i am the guy from Oakland Ca. he can check his record.
    you ended up a dom? my friend ended up a hennie!!! this is insane..rofl !!!

Post Thanks / Like

What works for one man might not work for another. All I know is the combination of those Leipers and Richard Torres Mcraes helped me pay for my house and land. I showed an 11 month old Pure Leiper stag in the last Hawaiian Derby held at the Bayou club in the LK. He met one of those pretty Sweaters just built for the LK about 6ft. In the air and ate him for lunch.

Post Thanks / Like

vangerald/ anti gma, a dom out of a possum trio or even a hennie out of it??? what do you think guys? tsk tsk tsk to me these are all warning signs. reeks of something very suspicious ehehehehe again DO YOUR HOMEWORK GUYS. i dont know if id should laugh or just say, god help us all!!

Post Thanks / Like

Deal with the breeders who have proven integrity and honesty, that way you get your hard earned moneys worth. to those who are just starting out or those who would want to get quality fowls, its high time that we triple our efforts in doing research, reading and digging deeper as to who among the breeders really give us their signature fowl no matter the price

Post Thanks / Like

One think is a fact, you can't judge 40 years of hard work and a career with A LOT OF WINS only with one stag, If you are a big cocker as you said you are you should know that, I know every body talks based on their's own experience, but before you talk like that you have to know better who you are talking about, Rat is not wining any more because is no legal any more. But all the guys, like me, that buy his stags wins a lot and I'm talking in big derbys, He is a very decent guy as he probe sending you 2 more stags for free. I has being buying his stags and trios for the past 9 years and ALWAYS doing great withe them, last weekend I show a gray cock in a big derby against though entrys and he kill the opponent in less than 20 seconds, I think they need to cut to do that don't you think so ??? All he send me and all I breed out of his trios are much more than average, a breeder that breed the number of stags he do and sell everything every year has to be doing things write.!!!

What I see in this threads is that are many comments of people that does not have enough information to talk.

My two cents.!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Me personally...I don't care if a breeder has won all the major derbies around the world if he wronged somebody even just once specially a beginner, for me he doesn't deserve any respect at all.
    Last edited by CARL94; November 3rd, 2011 at 02:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Anti -GMA and shiaujan, yes it's a dom out of a trio I got from him.

Post Thanks / Like

you are a lucky man. lol just joking

Post Thanks / Like

a bit out of topic and pardon my slight ignorance, but would it be that the DOM produced, by any chance, be a "throwback"?

Just curious since my close friend has inbred pure blacks as part of his broodstocks. One offspring out of each mating would always come out with white and black plummage + yellowish legs with black blotches (holds true for either stag or pullet), but the majority (both males and females) would consistently look like both their parents.

anyway, my friend does not give a heck as long as they perform the way they're expected, which is what he is experiencing now. I guess it works for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they see this thread so they can response that in 40 years of breeding that they are claiming if they ever had a Dom throwback on there possum sweater.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by victor View Post
    I appologize for being upset. And Im sorry for you Liquid Metal and sorry for Stillbreaking,. That I hurt your feelings towards what I said about my experience. I paid though what Rat asked. NEVER did I haggle. I said they were spradlle legged and White eyed. And I stand by what I say,.. If I said they couldnt win. Then I guess its my fault. I guess I lack expertise and facilities to make the Rats win.

Lets not fight about this guys. Its stupid.

Victor
    Victor, your alright man, don;t listen to this fools!!Most of them are all keyboard cocker anyway. Your honesty is well refine and clean man, and they should be appreciative with that. We know who is Victor Sierra, your name speak for itself. And this guy Liquid Metal, dude you kiss every breeders ass, like osage farm, blackwater, dink, parang vacuum cleaner kung humigop. Jorge Torres once told me that most of these people spoke once to the US breeders on the phone and they think theyre all friends with them..ha.. ha.. ah..But the truth is they dont know **** about them.

Stay the same Vic, no need to apologize, you did nothing wrong just being honest. If you ever plan of visiting LA, just shoot me an email, ill show you around. ive been to Cebu once, during Marcelo Fernan senatorial election, i was still in college then. Marcel Fernan is also my classmate sa UP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vangerald View Post
    I hope they see this thread so they can response that in 40 years of breeding that they are claiming if they ever had a Dom throwback on there possum sweater.
    yes sir, for the kind of money you spent on those fowls, they could've at least informed you if it's really possible in producing Doms from the mating, if you have actually gotten in touch with them about this. They are obliged to answer queries concerning the stocks they sell/sold....this is responsibility. In my opinion if given an opportunity, i'd rather get from a small breeder who has enough honesty to present to me all possibilities/results/what to expect from the stocks i get from them.

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased a trio directly from rat graves also. Leipers. I had a super brood stag everything I was looking for in a rooster. The pullets were really short & small. I lost the stag in a yard fight. I bred the hens all offsprings were not to my standards. I would try another rooster from rat in the future. As far as Victor goes I feel bad for his experience. You can be the best most honest breeder in the world and one mistake is all it takes to ruin your reputation. Just because someone has good fowl don't mean he will send everyone good fowl. This is a forum and all feedback we get can help us in the future good or bad.

Victor you should post the pics so everyone can see.

Aloha

Diesel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-GMA View Post
    you ended up a dom? my friend ended up a hennie!!! this is insane..rofl !!!
    Hennie?yes sir but in our case out of DF trio...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL2007 View Post
    I purchased a trio directly from rat graves also. Leipers. I had a super brood stag everything I was looking for in a rooster. The pullets were really short & small. I lost the stag in a yard fight. I bred the hens all offsprings were not to my standards. I would try another rooster from rat in the future. As far as Victor goes I feel bad for his experience. You can be the best most honest breeder in the world and one mistake is all it takes to ruin your reputation. Just because someone has good fowl don't mean he will send everyone good fowl. This is a forum and all feedback we get can help us in the future good or bad.

Victor you should post the pics so everyone can see.

Aloha

Diesel
    Ok diesel,
    Let start with happy pics from visitors ealier August Molina, me, and Calvin Randall (super guy). Had a blast Calvin!

And below is a Pic of my OLD lieper pen. The reason I got the Rat Lieper in the first place was to freshen up the blood.

And finally I found one Rat left. I gave away the others or got rid of them awhile back. They are all like him or WORST.

Im sorry, if its accaptable with you guys. But Its not to me.
    It took many cullings, Money,time just to clean them from the farm.

Best,
    Victor

Post Thanks / Like

You will see the Rat legbands still there.
    Are those the eyes you want from your hatch?
    Look at the Legs split. Spraddle.

Best,
    Victor,
    P.S visitor didnt have idea about the rat issue. So dont worry. Just did the pics in my own time.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i wouldn be happy with broodcock of hatch line with eyes that light dont like his head shape either

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the spraddle legs is a common problem with the Jimmy East fowl descendants. I've heard that James Sylvester has also sent spraddle legged fowl to customers in this site. And James has the same leipers from Jimmy East Sr. Victor have you showed the leipers or have you just sparred them? Because sparring and showing fowl are two different things? Sparring fowl means nothing until you tie the knife.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,
    Didint mean to cause such an outrage. I always thought this site is a site where we can just open up and speak the truth. I am not the type of person to sugar coat or bullll chit.
    y saying is just my "personal experience" with birds that I bought from Rat. And after spending alot of dough. I think i have the right to comment what i got dammmit! And if you dont like then buy from him.
    Stillbreaking, is it wrong for me to tell everyone that rats liepers where spraddle legs when I bought it it was spradlle leg? Not one but ALL!! Then there eyes were white like mareks!
    And if you read properly I said I bought from rat because I thought he was reliable to infuse to my jimmy east liepers that i had in my family forever.
    I can send a pic of what rat sent me. And YOU JUDGE.

About mains and stuff. Again your are lost my friend. READ the site "sabong". We are here and we filipinos are here to share experiences not to fight. To warn them to share good experiences. I find im obligated to my fellow kababayans to share what I experienced. If you have same attitude and not fight amongst each other maybe youd have better cocking life in the U.S.
    There is no point bickering.
    And for you Liquid Metal. First off I went 8 wins bakbakan last year. the other year and the year before that. When it was 9 I went 7w-2l. We didnt win bakbakan because our competition is so tough here that we only have 1 or 2 that go straight 6 and make it to araneta.
    Too prove that. My first stag derby in manila, Bong pineda and Raffy campos invited me to fight in San Juan anniversary stag derby 4 year ago. 6 stag. I won that derby. 1st time I fought manila... Luck? Then Last year, I fought NCA and Lost my Money fight, Then I wnet Pasay And Lost my money fight also. Then Mannny Pacman invited me for his 110t pot money and WE won that one. Enuf said. Ok, thats 4 derbies and I won 2 and the other 2 only lost money fight.? hmmm.... Check your stats Pal.
    Thanks for everyone that knows where im coming from. Im just being honest and if thats wrong then I dont whats right!

Victor
    this guy is not the one to publish in this site his accomplishments that easily, so when he starts to give you a run down of his accomplishments in all the years that he is into this sport you sure got him pissed... persons from our part of the country dont brag about things that come naturally.. winning!Cheers my friend, keep your winning ways! and to you liquid metal, let's see what you got?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lurena View Post
    I guess the spraddle legs is a common problem with the Jimmy East fowl descendants. I've heard that James Sylvester has also sent spraddle legged fowl to customers in this site. And James has the same leipers from Jimmy East Sr. Victor have you showed the leipers or have you just sparred them? Because sparring and showing fowl are two different things? Sparring fowl means nothing until you tie the knife.
    Lurena, Victor didn’t say Jimmy East leipers had problem... it’s the Rat leipers that he didn’t like !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jemm65 View Post
    Lurena, Victor didnít say Jimmy East leipers had problem... itís the Rat leipers that he didnít like !
    Thats true Jemm but was wondering if the spraddle legg is a genetic defect?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,
    Didint mean to cause such an outrage. I always thought this site is a site where we can just open up and speak the truth. I am not the type of person to sugar coat or bullll chit.

My saying is just my "personal experience" with birds that I bought from Rat. And after spending alot of dough. I think i have the right to comment what i got dammmit! And if you dont like then buy from him.

Stillbreaking, is it wrong for me to tell everyone that rats liepers where spraddle legs when I bought it it was spradlle leg? Not one but ALL!! Then there eyes were white like mareks!
    And if you read properly I said I bought from rat because I thought he was reliable to infuse to my jimmy east liepers that i had in my family forever.
    I can send a pic of what rat sent me. And YOU JUDGE.

About mains and stuff. Again your are lost my friend. READ the site "sabong". We are here and we filipinos are here to share experiences not to fight. To warn them to share good experiences. I find im obligated to my fellow kababayans to share what I experienced. If you have same attitude and not fight amongst each other maybe youd have better cocking life in the U.S.
    There is no point bickering.

So you think I should have just said hey guys I got aweseom birds from Rat and all of you join and buy some so that you can spread mareks to your farm and spradle legged birds. WOW! I love my fellow countrymen too much to say that. I am not plastic. I say it as it is. And if you think my family hasnt accomplished what Rats accomplished. We have a room full of trophies including a car my dad won. We just live in 2 different countries. My dad had jimmys liepers since early 80's FYI.

And for you Liquid Metal. First off I went 8 wins bakbakan last year. the other year and the year before that. When it was 9 I went 7w-2l. We didnt win bakbakan because our competition is so tough here that we only have 1 or 2 that go straight 6 and make it to araneta.

Too prove that. My first stag derby in manila, Bong pineda and Raffy campos invited me to fight in San Juan anniversary stag derby 4 year ago. 6 stag. I won that derby. 1st time I fought manila... Luck? Then Last year, I fought NCA and Lost my Money fight, Then I wnet Pasay And Lost my money fight also. Then Mannny Pacman invited me for his 110t pot money and WE won that one. Enuf said. Ok, thats 4 derbies and I won 2 and the other 2 only lost money fight.? hmmm.... Check your stats Pal.

Thanks for everyone that knows where im coming from. Im just being honest and if thats wrong then I dont whats right!

Victor
    You should have called him and gave him a chance to make it right. I seen them personally win $100,000 at Piney Woods. And I seen them little liepers fight in New Mexico...awesome power....I bought a cock from Chris Skelton who handled for them, they whipped us and I bred him to my pennys and got good roosters. He is not a fly by night breeder....

Post Thanks / Like

the jimmy east leapers are were rat got his from so they are jimmy east leapers i remember i leaper cock he got years ago from jimmy east that was spradle leged and rat bred it.but they have won lot of derbys hell every one knows that and they are good but more that one has got the pale eyes from them and the spradle legs the only thing you can do is vac them to stop it

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to shear the stags that arrive to my farm yesterday, they were personally select by the man him self, I just have good thinks to said because Lenny ( Rat ) has being a great friend to me!!!!

Penny stag

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/a...-58-36_569.jpg

Leiper stag

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/a...-57-32_472.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oxfarm View Post
    I just want to shear the stags that arrive to my farm yesterday, they were personally select by the man him self, I just have good thinks to said because Lenny ( Rat ) has being a great friend to me!!!!

Penny stag

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/a...-58-36_569.jpg

Leiper stag

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/a...-57-32_472.jpg
    Good looking birds oxfam. How do you cross Rat's fowl for the short knife? What is your favorite cross?