Thread: Natural conditioning

Post Thanks / Like

Natural conditioning

can you condition a rooster all natural no vitamins nor injectibles..just feed and water.....like when you rotate them from fly pens to scratch pens and teepes....just to keep them healthy.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Natural conditioning

Im no professinal feeder but yes you can.

Post Thanks / Like

Back when their was country walks mother nature gave them what they needed, now that we have't to confine them they may need a little help from time to time penc. vit, b-complex, resp, ect.ect. But for so called wonder shots save your money and spend it on good feed and keep you'r water bowls clean works for me. fis

Post Thanks / Like

If there red and crowing always get chance 2 get a w!!natural is like pullingem of da teepee lol

Post Thanks / Like

Amigo it would work if the competition would do it the Natural way also.
    Please remember that the unfair advantage you will have being that the medications, vitamins and nutritional additives are "Ferformance Enhancers" and when a gamecock takes punishment those extra artificial things will hold him together longer than a "natural" condition Gamecock.
    Well just my 2 pesos worth
    Ronco

Post Thanks / Like

Moma, daddy, & 2 years of good care all a cock needs. Starts in brood pen. NO medicine cabinet can replace well bred fowl & top notch care. 100% natural only way I ROLL!

Post Thanks / Like

Natural is the way to go, but I do understand that there would be times that this stuff would be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

i dodnt use vietmen or stuff i just worm them, good feed, fresh clean water ever nite, and plenty of erxicise everday and my birds do fine. only time they get mediccation or antiboties of they sick or sickly looking and that just some pennicaling *(i dodnt no how spell it lol)*

Post Thanks / Like

country walks used to work for me something about survial of the fitest. but I understand modern chemistry has a benefit like ky hatch said somtimes chemistry wins just keep em health and they will use what they need and get rid of the rest

Post Thanks / Like

U can do it all natural!! Jus as long as u know how to feed!! Certiain foods like certian vegetables and certain meats will give u all the vitamins and nutrients u need to properly condition a rooster!! I remember wen i fisrt started out in this game i pretty much bought almost every injectable and conditioning aid there was on the market!! I had a whole medice cabinete full of all these products and eventually we found out that we really didnt need it!! In my oninion our fowl showd better n more consitant wen not hopped up on all that unatural products!! some products tend to make a rooster too agressive and they seem to throw the smarter type of roosters off and make them completly disregard there style of fighting..

Post Thanks / Like

Can you post on how you do things .. I kinda wanna try it

Quote Originally Posted by BamaOkie View Post
    Moma, daddy, & 2 years of good care all a cock needs. Starts in brood pen. NO medicine cabinet can replace well bred fowl & top notch care. 100% natural only way I ROLL!

Post Thanks / Like

It is possible to condition gamefowl with all natural method, no oral or injectable supplements but there are issues in this method that could set limitations to this practice.

IMO, the best way to do this is free range the gamefowl in a beneficial mineral-rich area with fresh vegetations and insects to supply him with the necessary natural supplements. With this system it is very difficult to take care of many gamefowls due to the large space requirement and the difficulty of coming up of the needed numbers of gamefowls to fight who are at their peak of their natural cycle.

This can also be achieved with roosters on long cords served with the freshest and cleanest feeds and water whose sorroundings are immaculately keep to the highest sanitation standard and is on the ideal temperature and humidity. A large pool of roosters is also needed to be able to gather sufficient numbers in order to meet the requirements to fight in a derby.

This method best suit for gamefowls intended for hackfights where the schedule and number of gamefowls to be fought isn't really requirement.
    Last edited by neildivine; November 7th, 2011 at 05:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vic5.0 View Post
    Can you post on how you do things .. I kinda wanna try it
    Get the Narragansett book on conditioning. That's the basic's, and well bred proven GAMEfowl. There was a free keep ole Tar Heel put in Gamecock a few years it's a good one too

Post Thanks / Like

nothing beats going natural buddy, the rotation method helps a lot. as ive always said, theres nothing like well bred, well cared for and well pointed rooster, even without those performance enhancers or medications. worth mentioning is the rooster should come from rock solid bloodline or foundation

Post Thanks / Like

I like reading anything from ole Tar Heel, he didn't care who he made mad, he was speaking his mind lol Bama do you have a copy of that handy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by green leg hatch View Post
    I like reading anything from ole Tar Heel, he didn't care who he made mad, he was speaking his mind lol Bama do you have a copy of that handy?
    He posted it in Gamecock December issue's 1995,96, & 97 I think. Title something or nothing for free. I like the table work method most from it.

Well, just tried find it no luck above dates are WRONG! I'll locate it soon!
    Last edited by BamaOkie; November 8th, 2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: wrong dates

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RONCOVOICE View Post
    Amigo it would work if the competition would do it the Natural way also.
    Please remember that the unfair advantage you will have being that the medications, vitamins and nutritional additives are "Ferformance Enhancers" and when a gamecock takes punishment those extra artificial things will hold him together longer than a "natural" condition Gamecock.
    Well just my 2 pesos worth
    Ronco
    I agree with Ronco. Everybody now adays using medications and only very few who does not. The advantage will always be with the one who uses the modern way provided with the correct dosage.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know bout everybody using medication, but the difference in the ones that do, and the ones that say they don't, is some k ow how to use them and the others wish they did.