Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to get good Sids

Post Thanks / Like

Where to get good Sids

where can i accuire some good sid bloodline at? i've tried some here and there but not with and success. thanks eric

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where to get good Sids

Dr. Randall from Tallahasee, Al

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RONCOVOICE View Post
    Yes his Sparks sid are good ones didnt like the Spencers.My partner fed some for him- Jim
    Last edited by j007; November 7th, 2011 at 07:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone told me they win more than they lose, but won't touch a down cock. Not too game.

Post Thanks / Like

i heard he has good ones but you don't know if your going to get them?

Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy Qualls has them. He has been a Sid man most all his life. Hobbs brothers blood and some FROM other well known Sid men. No Hefner or Orie Hunt blood.

YFIS

Post Thanks / Like

Sid Taylor is my base black fowl. It is hard to find good ones but when you do you will enjoy them

Post Thanks / Like

Goblin if you can pm me their number i would appricate it, any one who could point me in the right directionwould be a great help. thanks eric

Post Thanks / Like

100% agree, Dr.Randall Herring of Tallahasee, AL

Post Thanks / Like

bumping back to top i'll give it another try

Post Thanks / Like

Ray Christian....and no one else.

12. Thanks sids thanked for this post
    Likes sids liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j007 View Post
    Yes his Sparks sid are good ones didnt like the Spencers.My partner fed some for him- Jim
    I would like to pull back my recomendations on his fowl for personal reasons--Thanks Jim

Post Thanks / Like

joo7 I agree with you. I still have the sparks,crossvery well with mclean hatch and asils. also sparks cock over redquill hens make an honest cross too.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Where to get good Sids

Quote Originally Posted by spangle View Post
    Ray Christian....and no one else.
    to spangle, this is ray christian, i want to thank you for your comments about my sid fowl, there are more post and pictures of my sids on the art heftner sid forum,i got mine in 19-68 from orie hunt, they have been good to me, as i have been good to them,if you get good sid blood from someone you need to keep it and not breed every thing that you can get that"s black into them, it will only destroy them,better stop at that, i would like to add that orie and myself became very close friend"s and remained that way until his death at the age of 97,

Post Thanks / Like

Ray if you don't care would you pm me your number so i can call you about accuiring some from you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    to spangle, this is ray christian, i want to thank you for your comments about my sid fowl, there are more post and pictures of my sids on the art heftner sid forum,i got mine in 19-68 from orie hunt, they have been good to me, as i have been good to them,if you get good sid blood from someone you need to keep it and not breed every thing that you can get that"s black into them, it will only destroy them,better stop at that, i would like to add that orie and myself became very close friend"s and remained that way until his death at the age of 97,

golly man is that cool, now i know that had to make you feel good, for someone to speak that high of ya, not knowing you was actually gonna see it, if i was to look for sids, id prolly have tried to find you after his comment, (ray christian and noone else) man thats a mouth full , hell im proud for you on this , alot of people wont go out on a limb for anyone like that these days, refreshing..yfis Hotcocker.

Post Thanks / Like

My sid blood came from Ray as well...He is a nice guy that will answer your questions. I didnt know my blood was from him untill we researched it. Oddly, most of the good sid blood left in the U.S. came from him at one point in time.

19. Thanks sids thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Where to get good Sids

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcocker View Post
    golly man is that cool, now i know that had to make you feel good, for someone to speak that high of ya, not knowing you was actually gonna see it, if i was to look for sids, id prolly have tried to find you after his comment, (ray christian and noone else) man thats a mouth full , hell im proud for you on this , alot of people wont go out on a limb for anyone like that these days, refreshing..yfis Hotcocker.
    hot cocker seems like you been posting nothing but smack talk bought most everyone and everyones fowls oscar akins ,mac, e,t,c including mr christian and you dont even no the man? his sids are good and better then most out there in my oppinion,and he just proud of them as you are with your fowls!!! why all the smack talk hot cocker having a bad day ? cause you aint helping any begginers but making yurself look like a horses ass now thats refreshing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweaterkiller View Post
    hot cocker seems like you been posting nothing but smack talk bought most everyone and everyones fowls oscar akins ,mac, e,t,c including mr christian and you dont even no the man? his sids are good and better then most out there in my oppinion,and he just proud of them as you are with your fowls!!! why all the smack talk hot cocker having a bad day ? cause you aint helping any begginers but making yurself look like a horses ass now thats refreshing
    i ant smack talking, and certainly not this feller, you just seeing it the wrong way, im generally proud to see someone speak up for someone elses fowl like this fella has, not alot will do that... so whose the horses ass now.. oscar and mac i been around since birth nearly , my opinions of their fowl has been formed over 30 some odd years and cant be off by much betcha that, i dont even see how u can confuse my statement as smack talk, must hurt your feeling about mac or oscar, u must have a yard full of their stuff or something but whatever.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont got none of macs oscars fowl but i do have them from ray and if anyone would read what you posted they prolly would say the same as i cause you have a damn funny way of saying things? but its all good if any one wants some good blacks get em from ray and hotcocker if your statement is solid then yeah iam the horses ass and i sure do appologise for that ray is a good freind of mine and he practically gave me these sids anyhow hotcocker my bad roland

Post Thanks / Like

well i hate that you took it the wrong way, my statement was SOLID< i truely mean it, i know he probably works hard with his fowl, as we all do, and it is what i meant by saying it was refreshing, to see someone actually get credit for that work, trophies and money can come easy, but getting credit for your work is tough sometimes, im honostly proud for him, make me smile to read what the guy said about him, cause you know it had to make him feel good, and what you said of him also probably make him feel good, and i was dead serious when i said if i ever get in the market for some SIDS>. ill be lookin up mr christian.

Post Thanks / Like

DoC herring in alabama has really good sids!

Post Thanks / Like

randell herring sold me my first sids december 25 1991 i bought many sids from dr herring then after i did not get anymore as i lost them to dogs i re ordered 2005 and was not pleased with what i got i told him about it and he humbly told me that they were some of his best fowl, i did breed the out n out hen side i recieved and produced many winners bred to penny hatch blood randell herring is a good man he knows i got fowl from ray and he told me straight that those sids from ray will be the best youve ever owned dr randel got majority of his sid blood sparks and spencers from mr christian and thurmon combs thats all i will say randel herring is a great guy without him i would have never known about mr christian the sids i got from ray are gentle in nature but the hens are opposite and they are very agressive towards other hens and once seperated cant be put back in the pen one will surely die they also kick at me the blood i got from herring in 1991 was a stag marked in and in 1/2 spencer 1/2 sparks included a full sister with same markings and one marked in left out ryt ,the other out n out the hen side were directly out of mr christians brood pens as randell told me the blood came from a man named ray christian the stag i recieved was out of a 14 time winner log cabin sid bred by thurmon combs and was a great great grand son of that cock bred to mr christians orie blood those were the best sids i ever had thank to mr christian i have them back after all these years hotcocker ray is a good man you should call him sometime hes a good freind
    Last edited by sweaterkiller; November 24th, 2011 at 01:11 PM.

26. Thanks sids thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

can some one please pm me rays phone number.thanks eric

Post Thanks / Like

moving this back to the top to see if someone sends me rays number

Post Thanks / Like

My long time friend has the old time Sids. They are Black with white under hackle & in tail. Most come white leg & black spurred. He has had long time. I known him for 20 years he had them way before then.

Post Thanks / Like

................. i let doc herring have a sid cock in 19-82, if my mind serves me right,after that he would come to my place almost every memorial day week end, get here on friday and leave on monday morning, i believe his last visit was in 2005, give or take a year or two, he always would take back what ever he wanted,let him have alot of good sid chickens over the years. MR. RAY CHRISTIAN.

Post Thanks / Like

Danny Gibson, I`am sure there the good ones.I have only gotten the Roundheads and they were the best I ever had.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweaterkiller View Post
    the sids i got from ray are gentle in nature but the hens are opposite and they are very agressive towards other hens and once seperated cant be put back in the pen one will surely die they also kick at me the blood i got from herring in 1991 was a stag marked in and in 1/2 spencer 1/2 sparks included a full sister with same markings and one marked in left out ryt ,the other out n out the hen side were directly out of mr christians brood pens as randell told me the blood came from a man named ray christian the stag i recieved was out of a 14 time winner log cabin sid bred by thurmon combs and was a great great grand son of that cock bred to mr christians orie blood those were the best sids i ever had thank to mr christian i have them back after all these years hotcocker ray is a good man you should call him sometime hes a good freind
    If you have the opportunity to speak with Ray it won't take long to find he is a knowledgable Sid breeder, and a good person. Wish there were more like him in the fraternity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Lingerfel View Post
    If you have the opportunity to speak with Ray it won't take long to find he is a knowledgable Sid breeder, and a good person. Wish there were more like him in the fraternity.
    Any pics of these nice sids and the hens?