Page 114 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124164 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 6200

Thread: Chicken Knives, Tari, Slasher - tying, sharpening etc

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chicken Knives, Tari, Slasher - tying, sharpening etc

Now THESE are the ones I would definitely adopt On Christmas eve, I went to visit my future farm. These blacks would surely like it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    Attachment 36482

Just wanted to share a pic of straight bred Bob Price Black Pullet.
    Attachment 36483

And one of her 15 brothers :-)

Picture taken after a 6 hour trip in a box from Jalajala. If they are half as good as their father this 2013 will be a really good year for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Long wait but nice WIN today in Elorde, full brother of my Paling Boston line unscratched. Second time today that we have only been able to fight one bird of three brought for battle. ULOT negotiation is getting harder to do nowadays.

Thanks Mr. Saint for joining me.

Happy for your new future farm in beautiffffoooool BAGUIO! Your entryname will need changing to something more relevant to Baguio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky you. Cockfighting vacation. It was a busy work day gor me. I hope next year my infrastructure will suffice for me to have a vacation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sharing a post:

Hehehehehe that's what I would call pure branding. The question posed is what makes a good brand? And what makes a good product?

A great brand would never sustain a lousy product. Buyers may try it once but once they fail to deliver to expectations then the products go kaput.

A great product many a times build a great brand. But that product has to be consistently great. And consistently branded. Otherwise it becomes a generic that anyone can claim to have. And that poses a challenge - of how to seperate the grain from the chaff.

So what is it we want? For all breeders, a good product is a must. A winning line. A CONSISTENTLY WINNING LINE.

For the passionate breeder, the brand is immaterial - accomplishment and personal self actualization is enough (yup some get it from breeding - others from some other source - to each his own).

For the true commercial breeder, branding his goods is important - as this allows him to leave a legacy. If its well branded, its an assurance it can be relied on. Think Toyota or Colgate or Coke.

But for the trader - carrying other people's brands is all they aspire for. No dishonor in that. Ive met many billionaire distributors who are pillars of the economy. But they also do their share of keeping the products/brands in optimal condition until they get to the consumer. An entity that mishandles a product can never be a good distributor.

Whichever type of breeder one is, is a personal choice. No one greater than the other. Only individual adventures leading to the pit. Whether one breeds 1 pair or 10, 000 : WHEN THEY MEET IN THE PIT WITH KNIVES ON - THEY ARE ALL EQUAL.

Sabong is the great equalizer. Have fun and have a happy NEW YEAR everyone! !!!

Post Thanks / Like

HI Jeb,

Happy New Year! When will be the next tare tare next year? I haven't been able to attend the last couple of sessions. Hope you can make it a saturday next time so I can make it.

Happy New Year to Everyone!
    Sharing a post:

Hehehehehe that's what I would call pure branding. The question posed is what makes a good brand? And what makes a good product?

A great brand would never sustain a lousy product. Buyers may try it once but once they fail to deliver to expectations then the products go kaput.

A great product many a times build a great brand. But that product has to be consistently great. And consistently branded. Otherwise it becomes a generic that anyone can claim to have. And that poses a challenge - of how to seperate the grain from the chaff.

??? So what is it we want? For all breeders, a good product is a must. THIS IS TRUE... A winning line. TRUE... A CONSISTENTLY WINNING LINE. FALSE... NO SUCH THING AS CONSISTENTLY WINNING LINE. iiiiiii

For the passionate breeder, the brand is immaterial - accomplishment and personal self actualization is enough (yup some get it from breeding - others from some other source - to each his own).

For the true commercial breeder, branding his goods is important - as this allows him to leave a legacy. If its well branded, its an assurance it can be relied on. Think Toyota or Colgate or Coke.

But for the trader - carrying other people's brands is all they aspire for. No dishonor in that. Ive met many billionaire distributors who are pillars of the economy. But they also do their share of keeping the products/brands in optimal condition until they get to the consumer. An entity that mishandles a product can never be a good distributor.

Whichever type of breeder one is, is a personal choice. No one greater than the other. Only individual adventures leading to the pit. Whether one breeds 1 pair or 10, 000 : WHEN THEY MEET IN THE PIT WITH KNIVES ON - THEY ARE ALL EQUAL.

Last edited by ChinaRose; December 28th, 2012 at 06:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

sir jeb,
    i read on the other thread that the sk wt.limit is up to 2.5kg,is that definite sir?....just asking!......if so,that would be nice and interesting of course....

Have a wonderful new year everyone!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thays what I was told was the weight limit was for the Nfgb sk derby. It would have been great if they made it 2.8 so even the 3/4 and 50:50 could participate!

Post Thanks / Like

thays what i was told was the weight limit was for the nfgb sk derby. It would have been great if they made it 2.8 so even the 3/4 and 50:50 could participate!

now that (2.8) would be pushing it....hahahha!
    Anway,i'm sure some of our grades will make it to the wt.limit....

Post Thanks / Like

passionate breeder = no money only satisfaction.
    true commercial breeder = earns money no satisfaction.
    trader = satisfaction is money.

plain truth in my opinion.

Sharing a post:

So what is it we want? For all breeders, a good product is a must. A winning line. A CONSISTENTLY WINNING LINE.

Post Thanks / Like

Op cors sir Comp!!! And guess what we now have a system that puts together the stability and flexibility of the philippine sapin system and the advantages of the mexican botana -whilst eliminating the inherent WEAKNESSES of both. VIVA LA FILIPINA!

TECHNOLOGIA CUCHILLO CORTO GALLO INDEPENDENTE DE LAS ISLAS FILIPINAS.
    Jailbird,
    Greetings from New Mexico, USA. I am intrigued by your modification of the short knife botana. I would really appreciate you posting a photo of it and maybe even a report of it's effectivness in action. yfis KAHUNA

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kahuna, pla pm me your email address. Happy New Year :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwizzard View Post
    passionate breeder = no money only satisfaction.
    true commercial breeder = earns money no satisfaction.
    trader = satisfaction is money.

plain truth in my opinion.
    Hahahahahahahhshsa vwry deep insight and straighforward my friend!

Well of course there are exceptions - who knows you may be the first Steve Jobs of the gamefowl industry :-) Happy na, new Year pa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KAHUNA NO KA OI View Post
    Jailbird,
    Greetings from New Mexico, USA. I am intrigued by your modification of the short knife botana. I would really appreciate you posting a photo of it and maybe even a report of it's effectivness in action. yfis KAHUNA
    Hi Kahuna, I got your email addy thanks. Ill try to take new pictures soon.

As to the effectiveness there were quite a number of short knife fights posted on this thread and many of them are in my youtube account. Ill try to locate the links also.

The more recent modifications we made were on the Philippine style tape system and how to make it short knife appropriate.

On the videos, I think Mr Saint also has some and is a lot better than me in locating links :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by jailbird; December 29th, 2012 at 08:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

hehehehe,Steve Jobs with no money. Happy New Year and a Prosperous one too sir Jeb. when will be the next tari-tari session?

Hahahahahahahhshsa vwry deep insight and straighforward my friend!

Well of course there are exceptions - who knows you may be the first Steve Jobs of the gamefowl industry :-) Happy na, new Year pa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwizzard View Post
    hehehehe,Steve Jobs with no money. Happy New Year and a Prosperous one too sir Jeb. when will be the next tari-tari session?
    How does 4 pm Saturday Jan 12 sound? If we get attendees it would be a nice tune up for the first World Short Knife Championships ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigoski2002 View Post
    greeting to all! yuletide is just a few days away.we are buried in snow right now but i will soon be in sunny california by next week.
    sir joey.i will be seeing you by feb next year.i will be staying na sa pinas and will enjoy sabong for a much longer time.maybe go through gaffing lessons with the teacher,mr jailbird and get my license too.hehehhe
    merry x mas everyone and may you have peace and good health.
    yfis
    Pare saan ka ba sa ca. baka magkapitbahay tayo,sa san jkose lang ako....

Post Thanks / Like

How does 4 pm Saturday Jan 12 sound? If we get attendees it would be a nice tune up for the first World Short Knife Championships ;-)

hmmmm... checked my calendar and so far free... hopefully i can attend to witness that event, World Shortknife Championship, exciting!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    After learning that tomorrow is a no sabong day, the group decided to have a quickie sk practice session. Everyone available is welcome. Starts 8 am.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSMAK...ature=youtu.be

the SAINT in action. a very quick fight that shows how deadly this holdapper of elorde can be. hehehe congrtas kuya jovie and kuya joey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats guys. Tomorrow joey jess dave jovie jun me ok na. Dondi hahabol. Ikaw kit pwede? 8 am. Quickie lang hahahahaja. Short knife practice so that tune up na lang sa January 12 saturday. Jan 18 ang world short knife championships sa arcontica.

It is getting to be exviting this short knife event sponsored by nfgb. 22k pot and 11k minimum!!!!

Wont be many entries but expect thw best to show up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic knife tying sir Jovie. One contact andvpass your paper kaagad!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Hidalgo View Post
    Long wait but nice WIN today in Elorde, full brother of my Paling Boston line unscratched. Second time today that we have only been able to fight one bird of three brought for battle. ULOT negotiation is getting harder to do nowadays.

Thanks Mr. Saint for joining me.

Happy for your new future farm in beautiffffoooool BAGUIO! Your entryname will need changing to something more relevant to Baguio.

congratulations on the win!

Perhaps it's time to move to another cockpit. You have become popular to the taga ulot that they now avoid your fowls... perhaps Kit can help you find a greener pasture...hehehehe

Post Thanks / Like

fastest kill candidate of the year! angat-sarado, WOW!
    congrats sir jovie and sir joey! The holdappers strikes again!
    sir kit how about your holdapper vids? hehehe...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WHEL View Post
    fastest kill candidate of the year! angat-sarado, WOW!
    congrats sir jovie and sir joey! The holdappers strikes again!
    sir kit how about your holdapper vids? hehehe...
    i also have sir whel but im not the one who tied the knife and handled. ako lang nag ulot and namusta na lang ako sa tabi. hehehe iba pinag bitaw namin but they still recognized that it was ours kaya tresan ang odds.

Post Thanks / Like

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRpiRoHYE-g"]29122012341 - YouTube[/ame]

sir whel here's the video that you requested, the guy in red who handled our hiraw in the pit was our bet taker. hehehe that was my ulot and ang kalaban ay kumagat sa tari na may sima. i was just like fishing in the matching area just waiting for a nice match and may lumaban ng 8/10 sa size difference. hehehe we were still lucky because magaling din opponent. sir jailbird i will drop by tom but i dont have any warriors to bring due to the sudden notice. if i was told yesterday i could have brought some rejects from the farm.

Post Thanks / Like

Hehehe... Just so everyone knows, Mr Cujo also bet (and won) on this fight (read: kasama ka din sa nagholdup)

By the way, Mr Banton Spur, I used the Dong Boot/Semi-Automatic on this fight
    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    the SAINT in action. a very quick fight that shows how deadly this holdapper of elorde can be. hehehe congrtas kuya jovie and kuya joey.
    Quote Originally Posted by BantonSpur View Post
    congratulations on the win!

Perhaps it's time to move to another cockpit. You have become popular to the taga ulot that they now avoid your fowls... perhaps Kit can help you find a greener pasture...hehehehe
    Last edited by The Saint; December 29th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sir kit! my hunch works... original holdapper, kumagat ang pain!!! sna di baldado ung winner... power punch tlga di mabunot eh! Congrats sir kit!