Page 124 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2474114119120121122123124125126127128129134174 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 6200

Thread: Chicken Knives, Tari, Slasher - tying, sharpening etc

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chicken Knives, Tari, Slasher - tying, sharpening etc

Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    I will be having my next Kinkelder disk cut by waterjet next week. Doc Nino is getting 18 pieces. Im hoping to cut 38 to 42 pieces from one disc. There should be at least 20 more left from which I intend to make my cock knives.
    Anything in particular to change in this set against the "stag" knives? I have been using the same ones I made for the stags and its weird that only my stags broke a couple of garols

Post Thanks / Like
    Im going to make the base a bit wider. As I expect my cocks to drive them a bit deeper. This will also allow me to use them as stag knives next year :-) even after 4 to 5 regrinds.

Im akso making a whole set of right hand knives. Im going to use that as a partida to convince or attract more opponents to fight us with even sized or smaller birds :-) its getting more difficult to get matched in the hacks nowadays.

I think you got a batch of defective forks. I have not had any fork breakages even using my stag knives on the cocks/bullstags.
    Since we all have the same source - di ba? - I resolved to check each one by one before use.
    Last edited by jailbird; January 25th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

hello sir. jailbird I show in the short knife and if u want to test your birds for cutting i think the short knife is a great tool alot of fights around hear don't last more than 1 minute cus they cut the other bird to ribbons. even with a 1 inch knife u can make huge cuts I mean huge and when both birds are really cut up they still have the tenacity and will to kill to get the job done just my 2 cents phxsuns

Post Thanks / Like

And also don't test a stag for gameness he hasn't got there mentally and will almost all the time run

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phxsuns View Post
    And also don't test a stag for gameness he hasn't got there mentally and will almost all the time run
    That's interesting. Ernest also suggests to wait until at least 18months old...But Jailbird and I are planning to use stags...because I personally dont want them to moult if they cant cut it. Secondly we fight a lot of stags so they have to be game enough at 9 months..Lastly, we have no other ones to test as cocks, save a couple of broodcocks

BTW, in the stag derbies that we have, you are allowed to back off from a fight if your stag refuses to fight before it is heeled. I guess in recognition that stags do get mentally unstable and will refuse to fight.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be having my next Kinkelder disk cut by waterjet next week. Doc Nino is getting 18 pieces. Im hoping to cut 38 to 42 pieces from one disc. There should be at least 20 more left from which I intend to make my cock knives.
    Wow. Sana you can wait a week more sir so i can piggy back with you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Wow. Sana you can wait a week more sir so i can piggy back with you
    Mu office is not too far from the waterjet place sp my driver can just bring it. I have always just forgotten to do so past few weeks. So anytime you want your blades cut just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slwnstdy View Post
    That's interesting. Ernest also suggests to wait until at least 18months old...But Jailbird and I are planning to use stags...because I personally dont want them to moult if they cant cut it. Secondly we fight a lot of stags so they have to be game enough at 9 months..Lastly, we have no other ones to test as cocks, save a couple of broodcocks

BTW, in the stag derbies that we have, you are allowed to back off from a fight if your stag refuses to fight before it is heeled. I guess in recognition that stags do get mentally unstable and will refuse to fight.
    I wold always test the brood fowl for gameness if the broodfowl don't cut it what would u expect from the offspring MHO

Post Thanks / Like

Partner yup sometimes I think its best just to stay in this thread where every idea regarding weaponry and how to max their usefulness is welcome. Anyways sometimes expecting to learn from other threads we venture to post ideas and solicit and appreciate inputs. And at times we get embroiled in issues we are not interested in only because we read items that seem to pertain to us.

From now on lets just stick to weaponry and weapons design testing and maintenance and actual fights. As far as im concerned thats about it.

After all the breeding and other experimentations are done, I hope everyone brings their birds to the sessions so we could test them in the pit.

The weapons for testing can also be specialized. Weapons for gameness testing. Weapons for testing cut. Weapons for testing endurance.
    But one type of gameness that Ernest mentioned : a rooster with the desire to kill even with his entrails hanging out of his belly - I really dont know how we can do that one.
    Sir, if you'll use just 1 1in. knife, you'll see a lot of guts hanging out, a longer knife will kill them to quick, the 1in knife will tare the guts out, its far more deadly than most Philippino's think if it's tied right.
    ufis/Ernest

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ernest and Phxsuns. I think the fights in the ongoing WSC highlight the importance of gameness, cut and smarts.

It seems that birds with deep cutting ability and the smarts are of a great premium in bringing in the wins. A fast and deep cutting bird is the single most important winning trait. The smarts to time his blows and avoid damage is like an insurance policy. With a dead or dying opponent a fighter that has no scratch has no reason to lose.

But it also takes gameness to salvage a draw or ensure the win. A lack of gameness, however, can manifest in a crucial point of the game and cost us a win.

Cutting (fast and deadly); Smarts (knowing when to inflict maximum damage and stay away from harm; and lastly, Gameness to fight and fight to the very end.
    Last edited by jailbird; January 26th, 2013 at 06:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

this is very true in every fight,so constant pit testing/tari-tari session is of importance.another would be selection and record keeping,keeping also healthy fowls and culling the so so.

Thanks Ernest and Phxsuns. I think the fights in the ongoing WSC highlight the importance of gameness, cut and smarts.

It seems that birds with deep cutting ability and the smarts are of a great premium in bringing in the wins. A fast and deep cutting bird is the single most important winning trait. The smarts to time his blows and avoid damage is like an insurance policy. With a dead or dying opponent a fighter that has no scratch has no reason to lose.

But it also takes gameness to salvage a draw or ensure the win. A lack of gameness, however, can manifest in a crucial point of the game and cost us a win.

Cutting (fast and deadly); Smarts (knowing when to inflict maximum damage and stay away from harm; and lastly, Gameness to fight and fight to the very end.

Post Thanks / Like

In another thread they call it the ventajoso - in Ilonggo that means advantageous. Obviously they consider that an advantage. But a no no for the rat tail and Luna or crescent shapes - simply because you get more back of knife hits when the points are too high. Those seem to be best for medium ot low point blades.
    I saw two botana settings at Sir Tiny's place, one with a thicker bottom padding and one with a thicker upper padding. According to the video and the card that comes with it, the botana with a thicher upper pading are for gringo/ american fowls/ hatches while the botana with a thicher lower padding is for flyers.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dong let me know when you and Tiny can have roosters for SK test fights. Arnold has a couple and I have a few I will spare before putting them in the off season broodpen.

We can do test s for optimal kill time and also do some gameness tests on potential broodfowl. So far dulled edge but pointed SK and dulled point gaffs seem to be the ideal gameness/cut tools.

Gauging from the draw fight rooster we had las jan 18 - its going to be difficult to make them recover fast. I think we may need to have them molt first after pit testing for gameness.

If we do severe testing for gameness we can also do it with a much smaller group. Only those willing to test their broodfowl will be invited. And results will only be private among the testers.

Post Thanks / Like

when will be the gameness test?i would like to field 1 stag,he is reserved as a substitute broodcock.

Dong let me know when you and Tiny can have roosters for SK test fights. Arnold has a couple and I have a few I will spare before putting them in the off season broodpen.

We can do test s for optimal kill time and also do some gameness tests on potential broodfowl. So far dulled edge but pointed SK and dulled point gaffs seem to be the ideal gameness/cut tools.

Gauging from the draw fight rooster we had las jan 18 - its going to be difficult to make them recover fast. I think we may need to have them molt first after pit testing for gameness.

If we do severe testing for gameness we can also do it with a much smaller group. Only those willing to test their broodfowl will be invited. And results will only be private among the testers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwizzard View Post
    when will be the gameness test?i would like to field 1 stag,he is reserved as a substitute broodcock.
    Any saturday of the month would be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

sir Jeb,just post the exact date and i will be there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ho Yancey, ill check my work calendar and ill post the next available date for us.

We can have gameness testing fights and also Kanan tari fights ;-)

I was intrigued by the pasig derby of gaffers - walang kaliwaan. Just kanan tari using left leg knives.

Post Thanks / Like

Ho Yancey, ill check my work calendar and ill post the next available date for us.

We can have gameness testing fights and also Kanan tari fights ;-)

I was intrigued by the pasig derby of gaffers - walang kaliwaan. Just kanan tari using left leg knives.
    Jeb, try to make it after 23rd Feb if possible we have stag fights then and will definitely have candidates after that.

Found a 2.4kg stag even if he goes down to 2.250 or 2.3kg might be too brittle for that weight class as that family is best at 1.9-2.0kg. So a candidate for the 2.3kg stag you have? Great for SK I guess...

My 1.6kg stag was left in the range so that one maybe for March, but will continue to look. Have a bullstag BC still in the pens 2.3kg ok for March too.

Larga, post the date and I will PM you my candidates, gameness testing, SK testing, gaff testing whichever...SLW

Post Thanks / Like

sir JB please keep us posted... would like to help in the testing as i dont need to test pa since i dont have breed yet... will bring the blinker karambola hatch for your testing...
    smells like another tare2x session...

Post Thanks / Like
    I just realized im ok any saturday of feb.

Sir Arnold if you like Feb 2 or Feb 9 ?

It would be great if we can hold the session in a new venue. Sana Sir Tiny Meneses or Sir Nino Mabanta could host the fights. They have really 5 star facilities.

Or maybe Sir Joey or sir Kit can make their places available?

The more the merrier!
    Last edited by jailbird; January 28th, 2013 at 10:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized im ok any saturday of feb.

Sir Arnold if you like Feb 2 or Feb 9 ?
    Sorry Jeb, there's a Sabong.net Derby on Feb. 4 and we are organising something with the Bulacan breeding on the 3rd. So 2nd is out for me...am checking if a couple of stags (we just dubbed one of them) will be ready by the 9th. Post later...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok sir am joining the bulangbulang of RGBA on Feb 4. Will just send a team in my behalf. Same with Feb 1 no pot of UCBA.

My bro Jun na lang siguro. Im just an Internet cocker nowadays. Spent all of 15 minutes in the kamp the past 2 weeks hahahahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way if and when we have the 2sk vs 1 lk test again I would love to test the double blade knives of Doc Nino.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok sir am joining the bulangbulang of RGBA on Feb 4. Will just send a team in my behalf. Same with Feb 1 no pot of UCBA.

My bro Jun na lang siguro. Im just an Internet cocker nowadays. Spent all of 15 minutes in the kamp the past 2 weeks hahahahaha
    Hahaha welcome to the club, at least your phone bills arent as bad as mine...next project is probably CCTV and business internet connection

Anyway, have no stags for Feb 9, but have two candidates for SK testing. One Grey and one White (missing tail feathers and wing feathers). End of the line for me these two, wont make the grade in the derbies and just want them to fight for their keep, and for my gaffer to learn the proper way of SK tying with botanas and all...

2 pledge birds from TeamSlw....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok 2 birds from SlwnStdy for SK testing.

I have couple of stags for gameness testing.

Yancey, how many sir?

Whel has a rooster also.

Sir Tiny Meneses

Dr. Nino Mabanta

Dr. Jess Estrada

The Saint "Jovie Sta Cruz"

Sir Kit Cujo Soliman

Sir Joey Hidalgo

Sir Mark Bote

Sir Dave SharpnSilver

Sir Pigafetta

MANG SERGE

Banton Spur

Sir Alexanderich

Sir ZacDaddy

Madam Chinarose

Sir Ompong Plaza

Sir Warlord Jim Chua

Sirs Tonio and Mike Romulo - we hope you can grace the occassion.

Sir Gengen and the UCBA team via dr Nino Mabanta :-)

Guys please add to the list the names of those who have been attending and those who want to attend. My memory is all used up hahahaha.
    Last edited by jailbird; January 28th, 2013 at 12:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

sir Jeb,1stag and 1bullstag for gameness test.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwizzard View Post
    sir Jeb,1stag and 1bullstag for gameness test.
    Yippee !!!! Now ill know if those dang grades of mine will last a long drawn out fight!!! See you sir!

Post Thanks / Like

Yippee !!!! Now ill know if those dang grades of mine will last a long drawn out fight!!! See you sir!
    Let me join the party...my White will be in SK and the grey I would like to test in short gaff (x2) 1.5in preferably....see if he can last as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slwnstdy View Post
    Let me join the party...my White will be in SK and the grey I would like to test in short gaff (x2) 1.5in preferably....see if he can last as well
    Hookay! Short knife with sharp point but dulled blade! Do we put a time limit? Will 20 minutes be brutal enough for our standards

Anyone wants to use blunted gaffs as Ernest suggests?

Having a time limit may sound sissy but we have to start somewhere. And we have to go home too hahahahahahaha
    Last edited by jailbird; January 28th, 2013 at 04:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hookay! Short knife with sharp point but dulled blade! Do we put a time limit? Will 20 minutes be brutal enough for our standards

Anyone wants to use blunted gaffs as Ernest suggests?

Having a time limit may sound sissy but we have to start somewhere. And we have to go home too hahahahahahaha
    Haha I want my gaffer to know how to tie the SK with botanas/filtanas (remind me to buy a few from BantonSpur) so let's use the SK gathering dust in my gaff box.

For the gaff test, those short gaffs from Rigoletto you just got should be right? Do you have two matching pairs? I would love to see the gaff fights on video, not much around these days for us to see....legally