Page 33 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicken Knives, Tari, Slasher - tying, sharpening etc

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chicken Knives, Tari, Slasher - tying, sharpening etc

Quote Originally Posted by competitor View Post
    nice photos jeb!....and so as the roosters.....is that black a rampuri asil?
    Yup yup Sir Tiny has all sorts of Rampuris and combinations of orientals and western Blood. Those Ramps are really pretty.

Post Thanks / Like

jailbird,

what happened to the knife in the pic? Looks like it got "bungi" What did it hit?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenciador View Post
    jailbird,

what happened to the knife in the pic? Looks like it got "bungi" What did it hit?

Thanks!

Hi Senti, I'm not quite sure but my guess was it was a knife to knife contact. it is actually more common than most people realize. the Vaciadors see this all the time. Could also be blade to garol contact. That is why when evaluating a knife it is good to check it post fight. this knife actually did well _ the tip came out pretty sharp (considering it cut through bone) and the blade "bungi" is actually preferred over the blade folding up, for cutting reasons.

I was also trying to see if the Blade would twist or break due to the very narrow profile. Im glad it didn't, considering these were cocks. still learning each day :-)
    Last edited by jailbird; March 11th, 2012 at 08:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bon Appetit! Just teasing you guys out there but sincerely hoping I could share with all of you the great "ROOSTER STEW" - that's what I tell my kids hahahahahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post

THE WINNER. OUTWEIGHED, OUTFOUGHT, OUTCLASSED (dehado Lo Tres 3:2) But NEVER OUTCUT!!!
    ...and apparently was never "OUT-KNIFED"

Post Thanks / Like

more autopsy pictures

unfortunately, this was not a bayong warrior. He was a winner in a a recent # cock derby. I was not impressed by his kill. So i brought him to the mar 3 taritari session to be fought. But no one picked him, so he went back home. Got some rest and brought in some loose change today.

congratulations jeb!....was that knife you used were the new ones you posted before?...(apollo)?
    And what was the knifes length?....thanks!
    Last edited by competitor; March 12th, 2012 at 03:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhh....with all those heavenly smiles, looks like you guys are in Paradise...
    Thanks for sharing those pics sir Jb.

Post Thanks / Like

THE WINNER. OUTWEIGHED, OUTFOUGHT, OUTCLASSED (dehado Lo Tres 3:2) But NEVER OUTCUT!!!

This fellow was rejected in the battle of the rejects - no one picked him so he went to the pit and brought home some change

His Weapon : STAG KNIFE exactly up to the feather line when leg straight/

HIS VICTIM : ONE CLEAN SHOT TO THE FATAL REGION

THE AUTOPSY: 21/2 INCH DEEP WOUND THROUGH THE LUNG INTO THE LIVER. CAUSE OF DEATH INTERNAL HAEMORRHAGE LEADING TO SUFFOCATION. CUT TO DEATH TIME approximately 1 minute.

The Conclusion: TINOLA TASTES BEST WITH PLENTY OF GINGER!!! HAPPY WEEKEND
    Well done sir JB...Congratz! Looks though that he was able to erase your doubts from his "not too shabby" winning performance in that cock derby, hahaha....That's why win or loss, it's always a good idea to assess the performance of the chicken, the gaffer and the releaser/handler for rooms of improvement. ; Winning ways as well as its frequency can always be better with objective evaluation. Take care

Post Thanks / Like

congratulations jeb!....was that knife you used were the new ones you posted before?...(apollo)?
    Thanks Rodel, this was not the apollo knife. I have not used that one yet. This is the same knife as your set, except that this is one of the 13 pcs i had trimmed into what I call the stag knives. It is just th first time i used that design/modification and yesterday i sent another dozen for trimming. In preparation for the stag derbies. Im planning to use the slim design for the upcoming bullstag derbies/hacks.

This particular knife used was 33/4 inches long. The rooster is medium stationed, short shank so the knife tip was exactly at the featherline when the legs were stretched out straight. Seeing the wound and penetration depth, my opinion is that i should have used a tad shorter knife - 31/2 for this rooster. For a faster kill. But again, a win is a win. :-)

Thanks Jovie! We missed you and Joey at the pit!

Filamex, yesterday before the fight i told the group that this bird was a candidate for culling thats why he was brought to the taritari session. After the fight, so many wanted to get him - save him from the katay board. Hahahaha. But my driver who was feeding the rooster for the past few weeks beat them to the draw. So its back with him. Apparently this rooster already was mated to his assortment of hens and has offspring being set. Swerte sya. The rooster i mean.
    Last edited by jailbird; March 12th, 2012 at 05:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

what happen to the PICS
    more pics plsss................

Post Thanks / Like

Cute cute naman si Sir Jun in the second pic hahaha... Shy type...

I hope this sort of thing happens again... Sir Nemy, I'm the guy at the far right with the blue shirt and camo shorts in the first pic, just to put a face to the handle...
    Last edited by oddbird66; March 12th, 2012 at 08:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oddbird66 View Post
    Cute cute naman si Sir Jun in the second pic hahaha... Shy type...

I hope this sort of thing happens again... Sir Nemy, I'm the guy at the far right with the blue shirt and camo shorts in the first pic, just to put a face to the handle...
    Is that you really parkner.... I surely can see the excitement. Hope you brought home that poging pogi na white rooster na yan under your nose as a gift. Bagay na Bagay Kasi to you, eh........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FILAMEX View Post
    Is that you really parkner.... I surely can see the excitement. Hope you brought home that poging pogi na white rooster na yan under your nose as a gift. Bagay na Bagay Kasi to you, eh........
    I WISH!

That bird is Ma'am Chinarose's Zamboanga White. Spectacular bird...

Post Thanks / Like

Dondi, dont forget our "acquisition plan" ;-) im sure Joey will cheer you on as much as I would! Go go Dondi!!!

I cnat seem to find my 2 apollo knives. I cant imagine where they would go since i remember putting them in my case. Age age age - though we become more precious and valuable with time, all we are good for is breeding duty hahahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

an Argentinian fowl

Post Thanks / Like

an Argentinian fowl
    This is a rooster of Tiny M.

Oddbird it looks like the phenotype right down your alley!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a rooster of Tiny M.

Oddbird it looks like the phenotype right down your alley!

Yep it looks so much like my Kalinga Asil Hennie...

Post Thanks / Like

More autopsy Pictures

Unfortunately, this was not a bayong warrior. he was a winner in a a recent # Cock derby. I was not impressed by his kill. So I brought him to the Mar 3 taritari session to be fought. But No one picked him, so he went back home. Got some rest and brought in some loose change today.
    Absolutely this warrior is a great cutter and the timing is excellent! More wins to come sir jeb!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Chicken Knives, Tari, Slasher - tying, sharpening etc

Hi Tinalupan, i hope you meet your former friends.

Today in Muntinlupa, Warlord was there and scored another impressive win with a P2,500 bayong rooster. Also present was Sharp&Silver as well as Dr Jess Estrada who helped me arrange things. As usual i just got in to gaff and then left immediately afterbthe surgey. We usually have Joey and the Saint as regulars in that pit butbthis weekend, those two jetsetters wentbto an exclusive resort to enjoy the sun, food and beach and shopping for gamefarms :-)
    Whoa, i just turned green with envy. Sir Joey and The saint must be enjoying the sun and the beach..moreso with gamefarms!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warlord View Post
    Whoa, i just turned green with envy. Sir Joey and The saint must be enjoying the sun and the beach..moreso with gamefarms!
    Mr. Warlord, nice to know you had a good Sunday with Sir Jailbird Keep on winning and keep getting those talunans!!!

I love the documentation Sir Jailbird. Bruised winner, the weaponry used, the kalaban and the talunan

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=jailbird;4048044]Dondi, dont forget our "acquisition plan" ;-) im sure Joey will cheer you on as much as I would! Go go Dondi!!!

GO GO ODDBIRD, GO GO DONDI!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rodel, this was not the apollo knife. I have not used that one yet. This is the same knife as your set, except that this is one of the 13 pcs i had trimmed into what I call the stag knives. It is just th first time i used that design/modification and yesterday i sent another dozen for trimming. In preparation for the stag derbies. Im planning to use the slim design for the upcoming bullstag derbies/hacks.

This particular knife used was 33/4 inches long. The rooster is medium stationed, short shank so the knife tip was exactly at the featherline when the legs were stretched out straight. Seeing the wound and penetration depth, my opinion is that i should have used a tad shorter knife - 31/2 for this rooster. For a faster kill. But again, a win is a win. :-)

Filamex, yesterday before the fight i told the group that this bird was a candidate for culling thats why he was brought to the taritari session. After the fight, so many wanted to get him - save him from the katay board. Hahahaha. But my driver who was feeding the rooster for the past few weeks beat them to the draw. So its back with him. Apparently this rooster already was mated to his assortment of hens and has offspring being set. Swerte sya. The rooster i mean.

thanks for the info JB,thought it was already the apollo that you used....
    they do look the same though....again congrats and more wins to come!

Post Thanks / Like

Sir Jb, with your description of the roosters station, yup, I agree that 3 1/2 inch might have been a better knife for him or a 3 3/8 inch might have performed best with regard to length. Looks though that the rooster is a cock with a good body size thus, a wider blade could have been used. That kind of blade you used are for lighter birds in my opinion. But then again, he won and that's what it's all about, right?

Post Thanks / Like

i was searching for knife tying and i was brought here....eniwe..makikitambay lang muna ...interesting discussion on knives and knife-tying...tanx sir JB for this thread...and for the valuable insights as well..neophyte lang din sa pagtatari..as i write this..i only tied 6x..2w and 4 loss...the first time i tied..loss agad hehehe..out the 6 i tied one of my own..luckily it won..the rest belong to friends and friends of friend..in the pits i just observe how the mananari tie their knives..sumtimjes i casually sneak behind them while mounting the blade..just to get some idea..and try it myself...DIY ika nga...baka mging suki ako dito...this coming sat and sun ill fight 2 of own cocks...ill personally tie it...wish me luck...ill get back here for sum updates...

Post Thanks / Like

btw, sir JB matanong lang kung maganda ang tari na gawa sa damascus steel?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi DucalWong, welcome to the thread and keep posting. Am sure one of these days your wins will outnumber your losses. At this very moment our good threadmate Joey H just scored 2 Wins out of 2 fights in SPC sagupaan elims. He used Apollo knives 1/4 inch above the featherline both wins impressive and against big name entries/gaffers. CONGRATS JOEY! GOGOGOGOGO!!!!

On Damascus steel, I actually have been trying to find and buy a damascus sword - problem is that Damascus steel is a fabled item. No one really knows how the original damascus steel was really made. There are now many purported Damascus steel swords, knives etc for sale but I'm not sure if they just call them damascus because of design nuances - or because they actually discovered the secret of making damascus steel. So far we have many modern options from Crucible Particle Metals. To prehardened saw blades and other raw steel that can be worked into the proper combination of toughness, hardness and point/blade sharpness. If you have steel you believe is good, I guess the only way is to test it.
    Best regards!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi DucalWong, welcome to the thread and keep posting. Am sure one of these days your wins will outnumber your losses. At this very moment our good threadmate Joey H just scored 2 Wins out of 2 fights in SPC sagupaan elims. He used Apollo knives 1/4 inch above the featherline both wins impressive and against big name entries/gaffers. CONGRATS JOEY! GOGOGOGOGO!!!!

On Damascus steel, I actually have been trying to find and buy a damascus sword - problem is that Damascus steel is a fabled item. No one really knows how the original damascus steel was really made. There are now many purported Damascus steel swords, knives etc for sale but I'm not sure if they just call them damascus because of design nuances - or because they actually discovered the secret of making damascus steel. So far we have many modern options from Crucible Particle Metals. To prehardened saw blades and other raw steel that can be worked into the proper combination of toughness, hardness and point/blade sharpness. If you have steel you believe is good, I guess the only way is to test it.
    Best regards!
    Wow! Congrats sir Joey H.!!!!! Sir JB what metal was used on your kalawit style knife?

Here's a video of our fight using a "tari" 1 inch above the feather line. It was because I do not have a shorter knife with me that time so i used a 4 1/4 incher

The red rooster tied with a 4 1/4 incher knife.

http://jackie75.multiply.com/video/i...1st_fight_win_
    Last edited by jack_kie; March 14th, 2012 at 05:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

...At this very moment our good threadmate Joey H just scored 2 Wins out of 2 fights in SPC sagupaan elims. He used Apollo knives 1/4 inch above the featherline both wins impressive and against big name entries/gaffers. CONGRATS JOEY! GOGOGOGOGO!!...

Joey just went 3 for 3!
    Great start and terrific debut for the Apollo knives

... Sir Jailbird-- better find those Apollos for May 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jack_kie View Post
    Wow! Congrats sir Joey H.!!!!! Sir JB what metal was used on your kalawit style knife?

Here's a video of our fight using a "tari" 1 inch above the feather line. It was because I do not have a shorter knife with me that time so i used a 4 1/4 incher

The red rooster tied with a 4 1/4 incher knife.

http://jackie75.multiply.com/video/i...1st_fight_win_
    Hi Jackie, those knives were just my diamond knives but i had then trimmed down to what i think is a design easier to stab deep inside the body of the roosters.

Joey was using 1/4 inch above the featherline today and scored 3 wins out of 3 fights. Perfect score!! CONGRATS JOEY!!!!

Yes Saint, im franticaLLY LOOKING for those knives!!