Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a Gamefowl Conditioning Camp (pay) here in Metro Manila Area?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there a Gamefowl Conditioning Camp (pay) here in Metro Manila Area?

Hello everyone!

Sir JB thankyou so much for the videos looks like everyone had fun with the tari experiment. Did you guys find out what really differenciates the looong knives from the traditional length knives in terms of damage? Also the killtime? Is there really an advantage? Hope to hear from everyones point of view.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Genis, my answer is at the chicken knives thread ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Is there a Gamefowl Conditioning Camp (pay) here in Metro Manila Area?

Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    Hi Genis, my answer is at the chicken knives thread ;-)
    Okay sir thanks got to check that out!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genis View Post
    Okay sir thanks got to check that out!!!
    Great! Check out the pics of the stag knife - let me know what you think.

Am also looking for ideas on a nice rueda design. Im tHinking of a 6 meter square rueda with an 8 meter square roof so we have 2 meters all around that can be used for scratch boxes etc but i would love to hear or better still see Rueda designs posted ;-)

RUEDA DESIGNS PLEASE!!! the more detailed the better so i can use them for construction - para libre ;-)
    Last edited by jailbird; March 4th, 2012 at 09:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Get the size of the ruweda of the pit where your hennies are allowed to fight. Roligon.
    Ang laki!!!! Hahahaha.

Seriously 20X24 then the gap for scratchpens or keeping pens.

Elevate it then fiberglass na.

You will cry only once with the costs when you spend for your quality ruweda : )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Wow! Sir Jailbird, looks like you hit paydirt with this location! Very secure, some trees, no adjacent obstructions so good sun, level land, etc. Kudos. So much you can do with this. Looking forward to when we can hold our next tari session (and the lechon tasting) at your camp!
    Agree..agree..agree...with all your description and second the motion of your compliment, sir The Saint. I could only hope to make a pilgrimage and be physically present when it opens as I know that a Saint aided by a Bro will be doing the oracion(blessings). And yes, it would be hard to miss that famous Cebu lechon in the salosalo. An exhibition game should be in order for an added attraction if I ever make it, hehehe.
    As TAM always say, stay well panyeros...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FILAMEX View Post
    Agree..agree..agree...with all your description and second the motion of your compliment, sir The Saint. I could only hope to make a pilgrimage and be physically present when it opens as I know that a Saint aided by a Bro will be doing the oracion(blessings). And yes, it would be hard to miss that famous Cebu lechon in the salosalo. An exhibition game should be in order for an added attraction if I ever make it, hehehe.
    As TAM always say, stay well panyeros...
    Thanks guys! Yup as soon as a decent rueda is up, lets have our tari session at the camp site. But lets do it early evening so we can have padugo, pakain, palamig and maybe just a little alcopop ;-) its so hot nowadays, best to let the sun set and let our darkside cool off while enjoying the engkwentro ng kutsilyo. The undying knife encounters!

Post Thanks / Like

Friends, i need another tip from you:

WHAT CAN WE DO TO REDUCE THE NOISE OF OUR CROWING ROOSTERS TO AVOID IRRITATING THE NEIGHBORS? ANY NICE TREES TO LINE UP THE PROPERTY? OR SOUND BARRIERS TO ABSORB SOME OF THE DECIBELS FROM A FLYING PEN?

Tips highly appreciated!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there an existing gamefowl conditioning camp that is open to third party clients here in Metro Manila? Where we could bring our roosters to be conditioned and pointed for a derby or some fights?
    If any please post name of camp, owner, handler, location and fees please. Thanks!!!!
    Soon there will be one. i'd been thinkin' about these for so long. i will post it here once everything is set up and ready to go . this is to help our brothers in sport who cannot find a place for their roosters to conditioned them . the conditioning camp will be (most likely)outside metro manila though , because in manila the climate is too hot and the pollution is TOO MUCH, but it's 45 minutes drive only from manila.... .

Post Thanks / Like

Friends, i need another tip from you:

WHAT CAN WE DO TO REDUCE THE NOISE OF OUR CROWING ROOSTERS TO AVOID IRRITATING THE NEIGHBORS? ANY NICE TREES TO LINE UP THE PROPERTY? OR SOUND BARRIERS TO ABSORB SOME OF THE DECIBELS FROM A FLYING PEN?

Tips highly appreciated!!!
    It's expensive but I've seen acoustic foam and egg crates layered into the roofs and the top 12 inches of the surrounding wall/fence on the fly pens of a friend in the village, kaso since a rooster's crow is designed by nature to be heard upwards of 2 kilometers there is little we can do if they are outdoors... Based from my experience with the neighborhood lot, a crow is not really irritating to the ear, it's the cackling of the hens that gets the goat of neighbors.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Is there a Gamefowl Conditioning Camp (pay) here in Metro Manila Area?

Sir Jailbird those are some nice tari for stags. Are they high point? Just wondering are high point tare good for stags or should depend on how they throw their leg? I couldnt find that thread where they had those ruweda designs theyve shown alot in there from backyard bamboo made to high cost ruwedas of the big timers. But I'll say sir Joe's idea sounds pretty much it.

Congratz sir Warlord whew I think Im starting to believe longer knives I mean not too long as the five inchers definitely kills fasters if they are fitted to a good cutting rooster. I just havent seen how the damage these knives can do to our roosters in terms of slashing in actual battle. Can definitely tell when they get in it really gets the damage done from the inside from the way I saw in the videos.

Mr the Saints I like the way you handled so much pride and class just the same I guess in the real pit.

Whew so much to think about learning the how to's in knife tying if I can only practice it here and fight. Only in my dreams....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oddbird66 View Post
    It's expensive but I've seen acoustic foam and egg crates layered into the roofs and the top 12 inches of the surrounding wall/fence on the fly pens of a friend in the village, kaso since a rooster's crow is designed by nature to be heard upwards of 2 kilometers there is little we can do if they are outdoors... Based from my experience with the neighborhood lot, a crow is not really irritating to the ear, it's the cackling of the hens that gets the goat of neighbors.
    Great Tip, i should not bring any hens there. and please help me source those egg trays :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I also thought of those egg crates but if you put them in the cockhouse, they might act as insulation more so on hot days.

Just get ear plugs for your neighbors! If your neighbors don't want to use them, then you can use them so you don't here them complain... "Wat ya say?"

Seriously though, if you do the neighborly thing and invite them over during our tari sessions and, more importantly, LECHON TASTING, they will hopefully be more tolerant.

Post Thanks / Like

Great Tip, i should not bring any hens there. and please help me source those egg trays :-)
    I think a few hens should be no problem, we have 3 in the lot. They aren't that noisy when single mated... With regards to the egg trays I'll scrounge the junk shops around the village...

Post Thanks / Like

I also thought of those egg crates but if you put them in the cockhouse, they might act as insulation more so on hot days.

Just get ear plugs for your neighbors! If your neighbors don't want to use them, then you can use them so you don't here them complain... "Wat ya say?"

Seriously though, if you do the neighborly thing and invite them over during our tari sessions and, more importantly, LECHON TASTING, they will hopefully be more tolerant.
    Hi Sir Jovie! Hope everything is well...

I don't think it'll be a problem as the pens of Sir Jeb will be open air, and I really think his neighbors are used to crowing roosters as the lot next to him is also full of gamefowl... The only potential problem will be his neighbor to the left of his farm.

Sir Jeb, another neighbor swears by bamboo stakes, you can put them up along the left perimeter fence where the residential area is. He says the hollow nature of the bamboo will help absorb the crows. Now I have no scientific proof to back it but I think it will add a lot to the aesthetics of the farm.

Post Thanks / Like

Let us support Sabong.net derbies so that we can add more features in this Community of ours. JC just added the library feature in this site. If you haven't seen it yet, go check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Sir I have nothing against friendly reminders and believe me when I say that we are in support of your endeavors, but does the ad have to be THAT BIG?!

It honestly isn't any different from spamming.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sir Jovie! Hope everything is well...

I don't think it'll be a problem as the pens of Sir Jeb will be open air, and I really think his neighbors are used to crowing roosters as the lot next to him is also full of gamefowl... The only potential problem will be his neighbor to the left of his farm.

Sir Jeb, another neighbor swears by bamboo stakes, you can put them up along the left perimeter fence where the residential area is. He says the hollow nature of the bamboo will help absorb the crows. Now I have no scientific proof to back it but I think it will add a lot to the aesthetics of the farm.

Good points, Sir Oddbird. Wow! Me thinks you have a second career as a gamefarm architect/consultant.

Btw, on a side note, you might be interested to know that my 500 line IS ALIVE!!! He looked very well the day after so I hope he is healing well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys! Yup yup on the bamboos! And my boss agrees on getting all those Chinese bamboo pots! She is thinking more about beauty while we just want it for noise insuLation hahahahah! I guess its really a matter of putting as many plants all around the area to absorb the noise.

Another idea is to plant vine type veggies and make them crawl on the pens themselves like ampalaya, patola, upo etc and let them fill the screen walls and top. The leaves should muffle the sound, and the fruits will be part of our pinakbet or diningding to go with the lechon hahahaha!
    Last edited by jailbird; March 6th, 2012 at 01:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good points, Sir Oddbird. Wow! Me thinks you have a second career as a gamefarm architect/consultant.

Btw, on a side note, you might be interested to know that my 500 line IS ALIVE!!! He looked very well the day after so I hope he is healing well.
    Glad to hear that! I mentioned to Sirs Jeb and Joey on a previous tare-tare that out of these sessions I have a big hunch that a bird will come out to be a multi winner. Maybe he's the one...

Me a gamefarm architect?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys! Yup yup on the bamboos! And my boss agrees on getting all those Chinese bamboo pots! She is thinking more about beauty while we just want it for noise insuLation hahahahah! I guess its really a matter of putting as many plants all around the area to absorb the noise.

Another idea is to plant vine type veggies and make them crawl on the pens themselves like ampalaya, patola, upo etc and let them fill the screen walls and top. The leaves should muffle the sound, and the fruits will be part of our pinakbet or diningding to go with the lechon hahahaha!
    That will help keep them cool and muffle the sound at the same time...

Post Thanks / Like

HI, who wants to contribute and join either the Sagupaan elims in Roligon on April 19th, with pot money P9,900 and min Bet P5,500, guaranteed P15.1MM and or the above San Juan cyberfriends derby on May2. We can agree to pool warriors (1each) and make an entry. I spoke to Jeb who is game for it. Will be incommunicado tomorrow will just be in Davao two days on business

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Hidalgo View Post
    HI, who wants to contribute and join either the Sagupaan elims in Roligon on April 19th, with pot money P9,900 and min Bet P5,500, guaranteed P15.1MM and or the above San Juan cyberfriends derby on May2. We can agree to pool warriors (1each) and make an entry. I spoke to Jeb who is game for it. Will be incommunicado tomorrow will just be in Davao two days on business
    I'm game for this! But i will have to make arrangements first before i can commit. I'd rather go for the Cyberfriends and support our own but that also happens to be a busy time for me. My spirit is willing...i just need to get my act together. Let me work on it.
    ...sounds like this should be discussed over breakfast at Inongs

Post Thanks / Like

or breakfast in Fuego this weekend : )

Post Thanks / Like

Punta? Would love to go there but sooooo far!!!

Sir Saint, Sir Joey, we only need Five roosters initially. 3 for the Elims, and 2 for the semis, although i havent seen the dates of the Pasay semis yet and finals.

And the cyberfriends is just a 5 cock, so if we put one each, we just need 2 more for that. Maybe Nemy can commission Dondi to get a WSC quality rooster this time :-) And so with Warlord ? Anyway the pot split 5 ways is not even a match to the bayongs at Munti :-) and maybe we can fight a sample ZW rrom Madam!!! Even if we have 7 roosters (2 reserve) it will be so much fun.

Or if we have 9 or 10 for the Sagupaan - this will be the best 15million we will ever make ;-) if there are 9 of us the pot money is only 1,100 each!!!! If we dont make it to the semis or o the finals, we bring the rest of the roosters to munti and ask Warlords tagaulot to match them all!!!! Hahahaha
    Last edited by jailbird; March 6th, 2012 at 09:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I am good for one share of a rooster and the corresponding share for the entry fee. We can discuss this further at the next get together. Tomorrow, we have an entry at the sagupaan elims at the SPC. Sir Joey, thanks in advance for your hospitality. Just let me know what this joint venture will entail. Have a smooth business trip in Davao. BBC local banding was completed today with only 53 having qualified as a first year member. I am informed that they will commence with a stag derby in September 2012. Regards.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want new egg trays, there are places in lipa who sells them per bundle of 120 pcs or you could go buy them new or second hand in Blumentritt market. There is a st. there, if i am not mistaken Cavite st. where they sell eggs and egg trays.

Al

add ko na rin mga sir. I read up there that you mentioned cyberfriends derby on May 2. Ang derby po natin sa may 2 ay Sabong.net.ph derby. Derby po ito ng site na ito mismo.. Iba po yung cyberfriends derby pero wla na po yata ang cyberfriends na cock derby. Ang sunod nila ay stag derby na. Thanks po sa interest.

Al
    Last edited by gamecock96; March 6th, 2012 at 10:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm game for this! But i will have to make arrangements first before i can commit. I'd rather go for the Sabong.net (Cyberfriends) and support our own but that also happens to be a busy time for me. My spirit is willing...i just need to get my act together. Let me work on it.
    ...sounds like this should be discussed over breakfast at Inongs
    I stand corrected. Thank you sir Al.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biak na bato View Post
    Okay, I am good for one share of a rooster and the corresponding share for the entry fee. We can discuss this further at the next get together. Tomorrow, we have an entry at the sagupaan elims at the SPC. Sir Joey, thanks in advance for your hospitality. Just let me know what this joint venture will entail. Have a smooth business trip in Davao. BBC local banding was completed today with only 53 having qualified as a first year member. I am informed that they will commence with a stag derby in September 2012. Regards.
    Good luck mr. Biak in your Sagupaan elims today, happy for you 53 banded for bbc local. More for Bakbakan next month.

For the May2 derby, our thread group will have an entry- Jailbird 1, Joey 1, Biak 1, The Saint 1, one more partner, and we just divide everything into 5.

Jailbird can you find our 5th person to join us.

Lets have one selection during the tare tare to get everyones opinion and support, via sparring, but pls note they will not be made TARE... Baka magkamali tayo. hehehe.

Surely we can discuss our entry moving forward! Think of entrynames na rin. Catch you in a few days! Regards all

Post Thanks / Like

Punta? Would love to go there but sooooo far!!!

Sir Saint, Sir Joey, we only need Five roosters initially. 3 for the Elims, and 2 for the semis, although i havent seen the dates of the Pasay semis yet and finals.

And the cyberfriends is just a 5 cock, so if we put one each, we just need 2 more for that. Maybe Nemy can commission Dondi to get a WSC quality rooster this time :-) And so with Warlord ? Anyway the pot split 5 ways is not even a match to the bayongs at Munti :-) and maybe we can fight a sample ZW rrom Madam!!! Even if we have 7 roosters (2 reserve) it will be so much fun.

Or if we have 9 or 10 for the Sagupaan - this will be the best 15million we will ever make ;-) if there are 9 of us the pot money is only 1,100 each!!!! If we dont make it to the semis or o the finals, we bring the rest of the roosters to munti and ask Warlords tagaulot to match them all!!!! Hahahaha
    Beach Rest this weekend for me and my son. I invited Mr.Saint and his family to join and whoever wants to chicken talk in Nasugbu Batangas you have a sat farm appointment picnic I believe, Mr. Jailbird.

Agree with your plans here Mr. Jailbird, let me know if we join the Sagupaan and the Sabong.net or both. Happy to commit a bird for each.