Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: old kelso farm busted

Post Thanks / Like

Re: old kelso farm busted

Quote Originally Posted by yoda12345667 View Post
    Its like owning a smoking pipe. You can own a pipe legally. But if you have maryjane it becomes paraphernalia. It all depends on the surrounds they can always prove intent if thats the case..
    I see what your saying but there has to be residue (THC) on the pipe to be considered paraphernalia. So if the implements are clean of fresh blood he should be in the good. That's the problem with the people that don't know their laws they get run over by things like that. I'm not arguing with you I'm just pointing out what knowing your laws and not knowing your laws get you....
    Last edited by BlackStealth; December 17th, 2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: correct spelling

Post Thanks / Like

How come the gamecock magazine doesn't sue all this idiots that are calling them "underground cockfighting literature ". I sure hope the TXGBA or other game breeders association tries to help this guys like they say they would.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStealth View Post
    I see what your saying but there has to be residue (THC) on the pipe to be considered paraphernalia. So if the implements are clean of fresh blood he should be in the good. That's the problem with the people that don't know their laws they get run over by things like that. I'm not arguing with you I'm just pointing out what knowing your laws and not knowing your laws get you....

Hey I understand its all in the lawyer man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    We need to have a rally, and get everyone together to protest. 10,000 pissed off Gamefowl enthusiast could get some attention.
    I remember all the posts about that 1043 bill/law and the rally that was in Austin.I also believe that if 10,000 people would have showed up that law would have been knocked down.This raid here will set precedents about that law that passed.The state gets convictions, then they can target any farm that has chickens with trimmed combs,pens that can be mistaken as a pit,antique or collectors items(such as old magazines,heels,schedules,etc.).Everyone that posted on this site about this law urged everyone to suit up and show-up.I was there and met some good people and we walked and talked to everyone we could about this law.We really needed more people.
    Now what?Donations?Lawyers?Fighters?We really need the same thing we needed before widespread public support.We need people who can write articulately our story(ies) about the **** and print massive amounts of this and get all hunters,fishers,farmers,ranchers,meat eaters,and whoever else we can get involved.Then we have a voting base and can elect people who will do the will of the people instead of the will of the money.

roundhead man

So guy what would be the easiest way to support this. What numbers do we need to call where do we donate the money anything that will help let us know I am in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OR GALLO View Post
    How come the gamecock magazine doesn't sue all this idiots that are calling them "underground cockfighting literature ". I sure hope the TXGBA or other game breeders association tries to help this guys like they say they would.
    here is my thought for the day... got home and read the gamecock magazine.. if you look at it, the first TEXAS farm that was listed as an advertisement was the kelso farm. does that mean these guys are going thru the gamecock magazine and focusing only on TEXAS farms ?

Post Thanks / Like

They probably think if they put Mr kelso behind bars since his last name is pretty famous it would send a message to smaller breeders. Kinda like mind warfare. Or the advertising would drop and the last magazine would have to shut down.

Post Thanks / Like

God put the the gamecock on earth to naturally fight right? They say we are cruel and abuse them. I say we start a bill to outlaw the harvest of veggies and fruit cause they are abusing them poor plants and trees by cutting them and picking them. Oh wait a min God put them on earth to supply income and enjoy...

Post Thanks / Like

The farm has been there since the 1920's and NOW people are complaining of the fowl crowing??? Can you say...SET-UP ??? Also no codes were broken so I just don't get it. As for intent...just becuase you legally own a firearm does that mean you are intending to commit a murder or robbery?

Post Thanks / Like

I posted this video on another thread. It's a must watch for all breeders. I think everyone has watched it.
    http://m.youtube.com/?rdm=4our2u2l4&...?v=lub5ReYaGqU

Post Thanks / Like

I am a small breeder from California, this is not right, so i will try to get a number where i can send some money for help

Post Thanks / Like

Cockers in Texas better band together and help this guy fight it. Once things go bad for him they will use his case as precedent. All cases after that will be based on what happens with this one.

Aloha & good luck

Diesel
    Last edited by DIESEL2007; December 17th, 2011 at 03:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Having "Gamefowl" alone is INTENT enough in some countys / states to warrant a visit aka " welfare check".... Been down this road before with gamedogs , it's a constant witchhunt. One thing to consider is having these GBA groups hire a lawyer(s) collectively just for situations like this... one thing to get caught with your hand in the cookie jar then cry about it ... But the definition of INTENT is and will be the ruin of allot of innocent lives if left unchallenged.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
    Having "Gamefowl" alone is INTENT enough in some countys / states to warrant a visit aka " welfare check".... Been down this road before with gamedogs , it's a constant witchhunt. One thing to consider is having these GBA groups hire a lawyer(s) collectively just for situations like this... one thing to get caught with your hand in the cookie jar then cry about it ... But the definition of INTENT is and will be the ruin of allot of innocent lives if left unchallenged.
    Your right. Intent gets their foot in the door. From there it's anyone's guess as to what they will try to charge a person with. Intent gets them the warrant.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we need to change the name "game fowl" to "preaty chickens" then it wont be an "INTENT". For the looks of it, it seams all staged up to me. The guy reading up for the the camera and even the Vet in desbelive of not finding anything wrong as wondering of what the hell they showed up for.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my question to all GBA members of ANY state ... Whats your plan of defence ?? If your not going to fight with a qualified leagle team , then what or how do you plan to deflect these
    attacks on your freedom to raise chickens without prejudice ?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my question to all GBA members of ANY state ... Whats your plan of defence ?? If your not going to fight with a qualified leagle team , then what or how do you plan to deflect these
    attacks on your freedom to raise chickens without prejudice ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redb0y View Post
    I guess we need to change the name "game fowl" to "preaty chickens" then it wont be an "INTENT". For the looks of it, it seams all staged up to me. The guy reading up for the the camera and even the Vet in desbelive of not finding anything wrong as wondering of what the hell they showed up for.
    There needs to be more poultry shows. When there is everyone needs to show up. I believe that's the only way to protect our sport.

Aloha

Diesel

Post Thanks / Like

I guess someone shredded the bill of rights? Take down lady liberty cause it doesn't mean anything to me anymore. I don't see how these people can do this! I'm not impressed. How about someone put that goodwins face in a paper shredder!

Post Thanks / Like

how sad is that Americans are exterminated one of theirs great traditions, the most powerful country in the world, doing really stupid ...

there is not real problems ..?
    such as poverty, hunger, economy, etc.

JG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey man View Post
    Guys we need to pull together... I just got off the phone with the police department from this area to let them know how we feel.. They said they have gotten over 50 to 100 calls about this raid.. Also called the newpaper covering this story and sounded like everybody is calling over their also.. He also said they are working on a article about **** and ****.. He said feel free to write a piece and email it to them and he will post it. Everybody needs to call their local reps and remind them how bad this group is for America..
    what is the phone number, please

Post Thanks / Like

If you listen to the video real close, they say that it was a H$U$ undercover investigation, they didnt say a police investigation....they are banking on what we as little ole chicken poeple have done since they have gotten the upper on us and run like scared rabbits and do nothing and like it. We have historically been getting our butts whipped. It is my 2012 resolution to fight for our rights and launch a counter-propaganda campaign.

Post Thanks / Like

In every kind of game, like chess, basketball, etc., you can win by attacking your opponent, not by defends nor hidding. So wake-up americans, wake-up.

In politics its all the same , you need to attack to win.
    Your enemy is always coming, you need to counter attack.
    The problem is the bigboys of your sport, already accepted your defeat, they just try to slow it down.. peace to all and merry christmas to everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

BEAUTIFUL FOWL, WISH I HAD KNOWN ABOUT THE FARM WHEN I WAS IN TEXAS A COUPLE YRS AGO, VISITING A FARM FULL OF HISTORY

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Sirs, This Illegal intrusion into this mans life is sickening and totally illegal. I am not an attorney but, the sheriff in West Virginia took 74 birds at a cockfight in West Virginia and said he was going to kill them. I told him he was not going to kill my birds. A few of the cockfighters and I hired my attorney to fight this issue. It took us 17 days after losing in the local court(which was automatic) we appealed to the state supreme court and won a 5-0 decision. We took the winning position of the fact that our birds were not contraband. We did not challenge the cockfighing at all. We contended that the birds were not contraband and that we eat the flesh from their bones and gathered the eggs from the fields and that they were a source of clean food for us. If they catch you fighting birds in this state now, they can take the two birds for evidence until a trail is over and then they have to return even the birds involved in the fight. The birds standing alone are not contraband and therefore, they are private property protected by the Constitution of the United States of America. When Oklahoma had their problems, I sent the attorneys in that case a copy of our case. It is plain and simple. Birds are not contraband. A gun is not contraband. If a gun is used in a crime, it is used as evidence and then returned to the owner. I hope this info is helpful to the abused people involved in this problem. If they can kill your chickens, they can kill your cows and horses or anything else. The law knows they do not have a right to do these things. We still have rights only if we defend them. Feel free to contact me if the owner needs any more info on our successful defense of our birds. I will do the best I can to be helpful. Bill Ray

Post Thanks / Like

LOOKS LIKE A BROOD COCK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch-Mac View Post
    They didnt take them because there is a case like what was levied against the Boudroux Family and their dogs. A fellow cocker in Cleburne Tx, had his chickens taken and killed without a court order. You see that constable was running for re-election, they can make it look like they did something awesome, by harrasing a guy with chickens.
    your correct people like floyd b , pat patrick and joe woodall have made it known to the world that there just murders and they have no legal rights on your property there not law enforcment he is even aloud to pick up the roosters on his farm

Post Thanks / Like

i just talked to jl bradshaw and ill be sending him money to help with his legal fees he said not one person has contacted him from the texas game breeders assoc we need to stick together if every person with chicken sent hive five dollars than he would be able to get a good enough lawyer to fight these basterds we all talk so big and sell all these 1000 dollar trios but cant give 20 dollars to help our fellow cockers and all his fowl are for sale i just biught the first issue of grit and steel for 100 $ from him he said to call for prices and dont even ask about any thing illegeal its not about how good his fowl was its about our rights to own chickens lawyers are expensive if your love chickens you will help just a dollar helps his number is 409-925-1318

Post Thanks / Like

dwoodall, list his broodfowl, thanks jwolf