Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy east fowl

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Jimmy east fowl

Im a beginner at this and to gamefowl also i was just wondering what would be the best jimmy east fowl to get either jimmy east grey, jimmy east kelso, jimmy east butcher, jimmy east green leg hatch, jimmy east yellow leg hatch. or he has any other bloodlines can you please help me out on choosing them and giving me facts about his fowl and pictures thanks i would really appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jimmy east fowl

Jimmy east was a great fowl breeder in his day. Rat Graves is a very very good fowl breeder today. He has the jimmy east grey and Green legged hatch. They are the Leipers. And I know you would love his birds more than then Jimmy east. He was the one that made the Jimmy east birds good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the response so your opinion is that i should take rat graves jimmy east thank than ty kennedy if yes can you give me a link to rat graves farm.

Post Thanks / Like

The real Jimmie East Sr stuff is very good. I have heard mixed results with Jimmie Jr. I have the Sr blood and I am very happy with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smoky51 View Post
    Jimmy east was a great fowl breeder in his day. Rat Graves is a very very good fowl breeder today. He has the jimmy east grey and Green legged hatch. They are the Leipers. And I know you would love his birds more than then Jimmy east. He was the one that made the Jimmy east birds good.
    made jimmy east good? youre insane.

Post Thanks / Like

how about jimmy east jr. he is good as his father ,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smoky51 View Post
    jimmy east was winning sunset when rat graves was in elementay
    school,no doubt rat graves is a good breeder but he didnt make
    jimmys roosters good jimmy did

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry he did not make Jimmy East Famous or Good. BUt in Mexico He made them better. Rat Graves took everything that Jimmy East SR. showed him and incorporated it with the availability of other bloodlines. TO make Rate Graves' Hatch a little better. Since Jimmy East SR. passed from personal inquiries I have found that his birds are not the same. BUt again most people now have access to very good fowl so whether competition got tougher or East side farm fowl are not as good, is something that you have to weight out. From my personal experience purchasing a trio of Leipers and a pair of roundheads last year, They are still very awesome. But they were not for my yard, they went to mexico. Still my friends down there like what they received from Rat then what they received from East Side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
    made jimmy east good? youre insane.
    I agree buzzo!
    Omg! That statement just made me sick to my stomach.
    Your saying jimmy east wasnt good wit out Rat.

Weve won 2 cars and a room full of trophys with jimmy east birds in the 80s. So does rat using jimmys birds.
    Victor
    Last edited by victor; December 20th, 2011 at 02:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

His butchers cross well with his greys have friends that did very well with this cross when legal

Post Thanks / Like

The Jimmy East fowl set records! I have a magazine collection and in the 70's he was winning Sunset almost every month. I saw his birds fight at Bayou Club a couple of years before he died. One grey cock killed his opponent in one fly in the gaff..

I met Ty last year he came over for the WSC. He is a really nice guy and his birds really look great. They did not score well but the guys feeding the birds were doing all the wrong things, poor Ty did not even want to watch cause he knew the guys had them messed up.

Never met Jimmy East Jr. but I heard his fowl set records in Saipan

Post Thanks / Like

One thing we can say is they both have a name of birds & very good ones as well..We can also say everyones been using somoene else's bird in a way to assume he or he has made them better some how & before any add-ons from the new person he also had done very well at one point or another with his own birds..

Post Thanks / Like

i have jimmy sr. hatch birds and to me some of the best in the world and they will cross good with any thing and i wish i had his greys but i got my shortys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKCROW View Post
    i have jimmy sr. hatch birds and to me some of the best in the world and they will cross good with any thing and i wish i had his greys but i got my shortys
    my avatar is 1/2jimmy and 1/2 shorty and they are some bad boys

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to everyone that responded would anyone mind posting up some pictures or wich jimmy east fowl are doing great at the moment like jimmy grey or hatch etc...

Post Thanks / Like

In Mexico the Hatches crossed into the Roundheads do extremely well. The entry name is espolon de Oro in Mexico and they love east side and rats birds. Especially rats hatches into east side rh

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Jimmy east fowl

Thank you smoky51 and everyone else would anybody post some recent pictures of jimmy east fowl please.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want good Jimmy East Hatch roosters, you need to PM windwalker. When it was legal they were as good as I have seen

Post Thanks / Like

man i have the mc lean hatch since 2000 they r the best hatches i ever had they cross good w every thing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
    If you want good Jimmy East Hatch roosters, you need to PM windwalker. When it was legal they were as good as I have seen
    thanks buzzo thoose hatch have been good to us for a long time,when leagal we won lots of lk
    derbies with them, very high breaking cocks, and very busy on the ground
    Last edited by Windwalker; December 23rd, 2011 at 12:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Windwalker do you still have a website ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Creek View Post
    Windwalker do you still have a website ?
    yes go to facebook and type windwalker farm

Post Thanks / Like

Eric u might not want to keep posting videos of u sparring roosters on the internet

cockfighter_199

thats been on here for a while its on another thread its old

Post Thanks / Like

windwalker where is your farm located

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by contraptor123 View Post
    windwalker where is your farm located
    we are in grandview texas

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Xmarquez; December 25th, 2011 at 06:04 AM. Reason: wrong thing

Post Thanks / Like

not to take anything away from rat grave when he was winning at mid america he was probally one of the toughest around at the time but to say he was better than jimmy east is crazy you can buy better chickens from rat than jimmy but only because rat doesent fifgt any more jimmy fought all his life and alabama was alot tougher than oklahoma ever thought about being jimmy grew up fighting against carol nesmith herman pinion col givens dee cox jerry adkins james mcdaniel there are rooster fighters and rooster peddlers there is a difference and when you are dedicated to just fighting your best fowl go to the pit not a shipping box i watched him win so much at yellow leaf and that was the small derbies rat is a great breeder and cocker and an even better fighter but he is no jimmy east he is a ledgend and inovator of this sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwoodall View Post
    not to take anything away from rat grave when he was winning at mid america he was probally one of the toughest around at the time but to say he was better than jimmy east is crazy you can buy better chickens from rat than jimmy but only because rat doesent fifgt any more jimmy fought all his life and alabama was alot tougher than oklahoma ever thought about being jimmy grew up fighting against carol nesmith herman pinion col givens dee cox jerry adkins james mcdaniel there are rooster fighters and rooster peddlers there is a difference and when you are dedicated to just fighting your best fowl go to the pit not a shipping box i watched him win so much at yellow leaf and that was the small derbies rat is a great breeder and cocker and an even better fighter but he is no jimmy east he is a ledgend and inovator of this sport
    I think you're little off on how tuff Oklahoma was or wasn't.....LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I have some greys from him direct . They re good for the lk but they don't do well in the American shows ...they can out show the other rooster and there game but no bottom they just wilt away str8 quickly too...... but I can cross them with my Bob Bennetts, kelso, or hatch and they hard to whip in any show .... I gave up on showing them pure along time ago .... just my 2 cents