Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii shipping from Mainland

Post Thanks / Like

Hawaii shipping from Mainland

Shipping to Hawaii last one I got or shipped was 14 years ago When I got a pair of Edwin Hamlins used Post Office cant do that anymore my understanding whats the option to get fowl from Mainland to the Islands? Apreciate any help - PI and Vietnam use brokers. Hawaii Brokers?? If anyone got information and cost from West coast would most apreciate it Thanks Jim
    Last edited by j007; December 22nd, 2011 at 03:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hawaii shipping from Mainland

You can go through either Damon or vito. I believe they are both on the west coast.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I much apreciate it--Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Vito is in Cali and costs about $100, Damon is in Oklahoma and is a few dollars cheaper i think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by upgrade View Post
    Vito is in Cali and costs about $100, Damon is in Oklahoma and is a few dollars cheaper i think.

Thanks for the info is it 100 per bird..?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OutPiTted View Post
    Thanks for the info is it 100 per bird..?
    Yes $100 per head, and that's just to Oahu. I am pretty sure, (not 100% sure though) that Damon and Vito do not ship directly to the outer islands (just Oahu) so you will probably have to make further arangements to get your birds from oahu to one of the outer islands if your fowl are going there.

Post Thanks / Like

sir vitos brother that lives in oahu ships to the outer islands in hawaii i believe he charges 50 per head

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by upgrade View Post
    yes $100 per head, and that's just to oahu. I am pretty sure, (not 100% sure though) that damon and vito do not ship directly to the outer islands (just oahu) so you will probably have to make further arangements to get your birds from oahu to one of the outer islands if your fowl are going there.
    i live on the big island and use vito.usally the farm that i order brood fowl from,sends them to vito in san jose ca.,than he ships them to his brother cisco in honolulu,who than ship them to me.total cost for a trio appox.$500.oo to ship from the farm to me.

Post Thanks / Like

When I ordered from blackwater farms I ordered a trio plus one more hen. From California to oahu they were $100 a head so $400 then from oahu to big island they were $125. I went through vito and his brother Cisco.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jim ill talk to Edwin. I talked to him the other day about shipping a hen to Jerry and he said there wasnt any issues he'd box her up and send it so ill try and get ahold of him tonight and see who he uses or how he does it.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butch93 View Post
    Hey Jim ill talk to Edwin. I talked to him the other day about shipping a hen to Jerry and he said there wasnt any issues he'd box her up and send it so ill try and get ahold of him tonight and see who he uses or how he does it.
    Yfis
    Mark
    sir mark mainland to hawaii no broker is needed i think, he might just send them through usps...lol i saving up for another hamlin but ed has none, sir mark do you know if jerry has any in stock since u usually talk to him?

Post Thanks / Like

He had some pullets but i know they were going fast so i dont know if he has any lest besides the one for me lol. Ill ask him im sure he will call me in the next day or 2. If he does he only has extra red hamlins the blacks are in short supply.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Damon is 90 per head to oahu, then trans air is 97 dollars for a six staller, but the only thing is they will charge you 97 dollars even if you ship only a trio, better to buy by 6.

Post Thanks / Like

.........got pm sir mark........

Post Thanks / Like

I called trans air yesterday to ship birds to the big island they told me no can. They told me the only island they ship to is maui and kaui. They also said none of the other islands can ship to oahu using trans air. I could be wrong but that's what they told me. So before anybody that don't live on oahu order anything check with trans air first. or u can try post office.........mike

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that must be new... I got mine shipped to big island from oahu through trans air. good to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah its new to me to because I've been shipping and receving chickens trough them for a couple of years now but not any more it looks like.......mike
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboSohc View Post
    Wow, that must be new... I got mine shipped to big island from oahu through trans air. good to know.

Post Thanks / Like

ktb has it correct for the cheapest price. The birds will arrive in Oahu the next day Damon ships out. If you make arrangements with him he can actually have someone walk it over to trans air for you to save on money. Then trans air will ship the next morning to which ever island. He is right about the six stall as well. I believe a two to three stall is 67. I just did both of these earlier this month. You also have to book the reservation on Trans Air for your birds. Damon did an excellent job for me and lead me every step of the way. He even called to make sure I got my birds and if it was in good health. Also confirmed the band numbers to make sure I got the right birds.

Post Thanks / Like

From Island to Island guys you can use the post office. Its cheaper but the problem is you have to use their box which can be expensive. So never throw them away. Only the person that you put down though can pick it up. Maybe put two names just in case. They also have a time that you have to put your order in by to make the same day delivery.

Post Thanks / Like

Just shipped from Maui to the Big Island and vice versa last week through the post office. I had to be there by 3:30 to make the same day delivery for next day pick up.

Post Thanks / Like

Right on buddy this is good to know thanks.....mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalakaua Game View Post
    Just shipped from Maui to the Big Island and vice versa last week through the post office. I had to be there by 3:30 to make the same day delivery for next day pick up.

Post Thanks / Like

So Vito arranged the fowl to get to Oahu and cisco get it to the outer islands or would u need yo do it urself if its going to the other islands. Sorry im lost in translation..

Post Thanks / Like

Cisco and Vito are brothers and work together. Cisco is who you pick up your birds from on oahu if you use Vito as your shipper. Cisco can also ship your birds to an outer island for a fee if you need him too, or if you have someone on oahu that will pick the birds up from Cisco for you, and then take them over to Trans-air (if they still will take birds), or the post office, it might be cheaper then using Cisco.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doggs View Post
    I called trans air yesterday to ship birds to the big island they told me no can. They told me the only island they ship to is maui and kaui. They also said none of the other islands can ship to oahu using trans air. I could be wrong but that's what they told me. So before anybody that don't live on oahu order anything check with trans air first. or u can try post office.........mike
    Howzit braddah Mike, I talked to the trans air manager here on Kauai. He told me the reason they not shipping to the Big island right now is because its a busy time of the year for them
    shipping goods to kona. He also told me its only til the end of this month.
    Hope this helps....Rico

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garma View Post
    Howzit braddah Mike, I talked to the trans air manager here on Kauai. He told me the reason they not shipping to the Big island right now is because its a busy time of the year for them
    shipping goods to kona. He also told me its only til the end of this month.
    Hope this helps....Rico
    How are u doing Rico? Happy holidays buddy. Right on this is good to know I got some birds for a friend in big island. I was thinking how the hell I'm going to get it to him...... lol take care bro pm me your number.......mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butch93 View Post
    Yfis
    Mark
    Thanks I think we got enough information to get them took care of.Was alot easier 14 years ago when I got my Edwin Hamlin pair Just putt'em in box and mailed them.Same way I got my Jerry Hamlins.Things change Post office dont guarentee overnight delivery and don't guarentee live delivery and costs more now.Progress-LOL-Thanks Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Send this information back to the top.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering if someone could pm me Damon yorkman contact information? Mahalo

Post Thanks / Like

don't mean to intrude... i was wondering about from hawaii to guam? can i go direct postal or does that need an agent as well? hey butch you wouldn't be the one that was into to dogs once apon time. i think i met you up in haleiwa back in 2009 or so.. something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Teeevz if you get FB Damon stay on there