Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marsh creek Game Farm

Post Thanks / Like

Marsh creek Game Farm

I have seen alot of his fowl on Oakridge and was wondering if anyone else has any of his fowl and are satisfied with them , they look very healthy, some of the breeds I have seen are, Butcher, bumblefoot grey, Loman wh and warhorse ????? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marsh creek Game Farm

He breeds alot of differnt fowl, Manziel Grey, Allen Roundheads, Mclean Hatch, YLH, Anybody?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody that breeds many diffrent fowl and sells on Oakridge = garbage to me. I wouldn't take a bird even as a gift from 95% of the guys who sell there.Best to look elsewhere besides there.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only bought 1 bird off of that auction... the guy was highly recommended by a friend who I trusted ( and still do )... the bird was really nice, but turned out to be rank, pure junk... I learned my lesson.

Post Thanks / Like

i think the best way to acquire a gamefowl is thru pick-up and personal selection...while gamefowl websites are very accessible, it will be a 50/50 gamble, chances are..it's a hit or miss, win or lose, good or bad...you let your trust depend solely to the seller that he will give you a very good stock (or at least not a cull)...i.e.- slipspur friend recommended a breeder so happened to get a junk...yey197 will only accept a gift from that website from 5 out of a 100 advertisers...

but in fairness with the other advertisers in oakridge, i think there are also some genuine breeders that will ship out to you a very good one that will make you happy...but you have to pay for the price...

so better know the breeder who's selling his gamefowl before committing a mistake that you'll later regret...have a good cocking day...

Post Thanks / Like

I have had some good luck with Oakridge and bad, Marsh Creek does have good feedback, I was thinking how many years he has been selling on the auction and the thousands of members on this site that someone would have some input on his fowl rather than start the peddlar bashing of Oakridge anyone with first hand experience with this breeder and his fowl, I can do without the bashing of others .thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawk1974 View Post
    I have had some good luck with Oakridge and bad, Marsh Creek does have good feedback, I was thinking how many years he has been selling on the auction and the thousands of members on this site that someone would have some input on his fowl rather than start the peddlar bashing of Oakridge anyone with first hand experience with this breeder and his fowl, I can do without the bashing of others .thanks
    I bought one was nice looking but not really what I expected.
    Last edited by rolando84; December 30th, 2011 at 02:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply, I dont know of many gamefarms down here, well I dont have any experience with any of them to recomend.

Post Thanks / Like

i know a FEW guys on there that are legit and i wouldnt hesitate to buy from them at all. but for the most part i feel thats where some people get rid of there stuff they just dont want. jmo

Post Thanks / Like

didn't he get out here in the states and move to pi

Post Thanks / Like

Jmo, could you post Few names, it is positive what you are saying about them so no harm , would be nice to check some of their fowl out and see what they breed,thanks

Post Thanks / Like

It's a good place to see who's honest and who isn't, if you buy something and the seller wasn't honest, you can leave feed back for others to beware. How many people buy from well known breeders and get junk and yet pay 10 x more. I think it's just a buyer beware situation, but at least there you have feed back from others., so to assume that birds on there are all junk is a naive assumption, i'm sure there's good and there's bad like everything else., having a bird come from a well known source doesn't make a birds quality better then one coming from a small time unknown breeder. It just depends on who's honest and who takes care of the birds the way they should be taken cared of. I've ordered from well known breeders, have paid the high prices and I end up culling the birds, because they haven't been to my standard.
    Last edited by hatch100; December 30th, 2011 at 06:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 birds right now in my yard the guys I got them off of sell their birds there and you better bring a gun to get them off me

Post Thanks / Like

some people think if a bird is sold at a reasonable price its junk let em pay 2 and 3 thousand a trio.i have 2 guys i have bought fowl from on oakridge that sold me outstanding fowl and are men of their word SURVIVOR IN GEORGIA and JIM COYLE IN OHIO the other guys were honest also.JIM sent me a pair on my word and they were very nice.CARL ( SURVIVOR ) sent me 2 amazing hens.marsh creek has excellent fowl and they are what he says they are just a little out of my reach.HAWK i would not hesitate to buy from him.

Post Thanks / Like

i just got off looking on there and there is some pretty rough stuff!!! I wouldnt waste my money there. i thought about buying a belt buckle on there but im having 2nd thoughts!!! The first time i went on there is was august of this year when a friend told me about it and i was amazed at some of the stuff for sell there!!! Looked mostly like moulting, hacked out dunghills!!! I would even try to ship something that time of year. Im not naming names but theres a man 6 miles from me selling stuff on there that i know is not what he claims!!! I was around when he got it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well..Keep buying birds based on pictures guys and feedback that is more then likely returned just by feel and looks not performance.

Hatch100, I agree but oakridge or any gamefowl auction is to much of a risk its buying a name and a picture and hoping it will be something. Cause if you actually knew the guy selling birds you would go to him instead of the site..If I had to resort to selling in a gamefowl auction I would just quit matter a fact if I ever had to resort to selling to make an extra buck I would quit too.

Post Thanks / Like

peglegfowl off there done me right his greys are top notch.

Post Thanks / Like

pegleg(greg) has good lacy and yellow leg hatch also

Post Thanks / Like

JMHO...its just another outlet to sell chickens...some of the best fowl around are on the site to purchase. I know this because I have purchased and I sell there some. I'm sure there are many junk fowl of course but many top stock go on the site. I know this to be a proven fact. To say it's all junk would be to say I got junk fowl..lmao,,no way

Post Thanks / Like

Jim Coyle on Oakridge is very honest, and I would recommend him to anyone, and my latest purchase was from Stacey Smith(Rimpdog).He sent me a very nice roundhead pullet.I couldnt have picked her out better myself....I do agree it is a gamble, but what part about raising gamefowl isnt??? JMO

Post Thanks / Like

Just an outlet to sell "chickens" about sums it up...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I only have gregs leipher and chocolate greys both very good, honest guy, very hospital people

Post Thanks / Like

well I have given into temptation a few times,not all the sellers are peddlers
    two people have sold me excellent fowl one being SURVIVOR, I asked them about another hen ,the other titus-213 ,the fowl are still amazing to be around ,I sent for another hen to try and keep the family.course all aint as advertised but I did not try many,glad to have met these.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the input, I have bought alot from the auction when I use to make alot of money a few years back, well things change and so has my wallet, I am very happy with the breeds that I raise now and they have been proven, I recently had some of my brood pens stolen and almost all of my grey fowl was taken, of coarse they were some of the best of what I had and im left with fowl that would have to be in bred just to keep them, im going to need a good honest line of Game greys and dont have the big bucks that some of the well named breeders are asking , thats why Im inquiring on some of the Oakridge breeders beacause their fowl is priced for the working man,
    I do have to say that one of the Oakridge breeders listed on this site most definetly sent me a under weighy broken beek and wing cull and stated he was show quality so others may not get the same treatment as some, Im going to post a pic of the Sh*t cock that was sent to me inin the gallery in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawk1974 View Post
    Jmo, could you post Few names, it is positive what you are saying about them so no harm , would be nice to check some of their fowl out and see what they breed,thanks
    certainly my friend. soggybottom gamefarm, borderline gamefarm, jim coyle, hatchdude, pegleg gamefarm, blackhammer gamefarm, its gametime gamefarm aslo. i know and have interacted with these people personally and they will treat you right.

Post Thanks / Like

I know 1 or 2 names who sold and still sell at oakridge who sold quality stock at the right price. All the others, as far as I know, are peddling their worst birds to the gullible.

Post Thanks / Like

those that would like to see , some of us members over ther have been following the junk for a long time including a moderator or 2 come check it out sad thing is we are up to about 45 pages of shere crap

http://www.oakridgegamefarm.net/foru...-you-missed-en

Post Thanks / Like

i have been on some of the sites since around 2004 oakridge is the best auction i have seen on any .jeff one of the mods is a great guy anyone on there needs help he is the first one in line .i dont know any of the guys personaly but there are a lot of good guys on there and it is run very very well.it all comes down to common sense like anything else in life.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, Great site with alot of good people.

Post Thanks / Like

A good honest breeder is some one who will replace any chicken you order and did not like for whatever reason.. Regardless of where you pick him up from... From website, auction, magazine, etc.. Not to many around now and days... Good Luck....