Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who country has the best Gamefowl?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Who country has the best Gamefowl?

What country has the best gamefowl ....USA , MEXICO, OR THE PHILIPPINES

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who country has the best Gamefowl?

USA of course if it was another country then we would buying fowl from other countries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts44903 View Post
    USA of course if it was another country then we would buying fowl from other countries.
    you hit the nail on the head there

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of good ones came out of England and Ireland

Post Thanks / Like

you know i couldnt tell you , but if it is america , i would have to wonder why , and wonder if it has anything to do with our primary style when it was legal , although the states when it was legal showed all weapons, the brood stocked seemd primarily gaff faught fowl , and looking at the other countrys primarys i wonder if that isnt what they are lacking , or mabye it is just availibility of fowl , since the us is larger

Post Thanks / Like

chill and have a good time observingll lots of post will be shown here you will see.. soon.. they said it all came from the main land. but check out who is wining..

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, that's exactly what I was going 2 say!

Post Thanks / Like

philippines, has the best amer fowl, plus their own. if amer could import pi fowl, believe they would.

Post Thanks / Like

India.........heheheeeeeeee

Post Thanks / Like

i think the best broodfowl are in the philipines and in mexico..why? Because there tested in mexico and in the philipines where its legal...of course everbody obtaines there brood fowl from the states but i dont think theres a reason anymore because theres good fowl everwhere..no adays it does not matter if your a back yard breeder and you can go an compete to profesionals..of course when legal....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kali ises View Post
    philippines, has the best amer fowl, plus their own. if amer could import pi fowl, believe they would.
    I highly doubt that Americans would import fowl from PI. When PI gets all their broodfowl from the USA.

Borderline I believe you are correct the style that most showed in the USA has a lot to do with it. We would pride ourselves on gameness and, not think that a 10 minute time limit would prove if they was game.

Personally if I was in PI I would gaff test broodfowl and LK the offspring. Sadly I am not in PI and I am glad I still all my old broodstock before laws changed so I know my fowl still has it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think u.s has very good fowl mexico has good fowl also because its legal over there in michoacan almost every other family has gamefowl or has been to a derby. but I think u.s has the better fowl
    Last edited by rolando84; January 2nd, 2012 at 04:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

In my own opinion USA has the best seedfowl/broodfowl . Philippines and Mexico has the best battlefowl (pit tested).

Post Thanks / Like

I would say usa look at were most fowl come from they come from here even england and ireland have mostly american but if I could import it would be from france there orientals will always be on the top of my list

Post Thanks / Like

lol....does kentucky count as a country?

Post Thanks / Like

you stole my line wolf guess i was to slow.

Post Thanks / Like

It hasnt been legal in the south since the early 70's so why would the fowl be any less quality than they ever were still the toughest places to show and trust me the birds are getting better if anything! USA no doubt!!

Post Thanks / Like

U.S.A....................

Post Thanks / Like

roberts, disagree, if amer breeders were able, definitey would import from the pi, that is not a loose statement. jwolf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kali ises View Post
    roberts, disagree, if amer breeders were able, definitey would import from the pi, that is not a loose statement. jwolf
    kali why would you import from pi when most of there birds are from here what lines would you import

Post Thanks / Like

There is really a lot of excellent birds in PI now. I still don't know why they are getting birds from the USA or some other places. Maybe it is a mentality thing or it is so tough in PI that everyone is looking for an edge and they are willing to try everything. I used to say hypothetically of course since it is illegal in the USA and it won't happen anyway because of all the laws in transporting animals that PI birds will not win against US birds but I don't think that is the case now.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get mad about this, i would say the Virgin Island has the best game fowls but i believe that Puerto Rico has the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by overlord View Post
    Don't get mad about this, i would say the Virgin Island has the best game fowls but i believe that Puerto Rico has the best.
    they are usa for the most part

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been to Mexico to see their birds with my own eyes so cant comment on theirs. I have only been to certain pits in Oklahoma when it was legal and also some pits in Louisiana when it was legal so cant comment on all the fowl from all over the U.S. I have only been to probably less than a dozen different pits in the Philippines so cant comment on every fowl they have there. What I can say is I have seen some really good fowl that could have won in Philippines also in the pits I have been to in U.S. I have also seen some U.S. fowl that couldnt win in the Philippine pits that I visited. In the Philippines, I have seen fowl that could have won in any pit in the U.S. and I also saw fowl that couldnt have won in any of the U.S. pits. There is good and bad fowl everywhere and to say that overall the fowl in one country is better than the other I think can only be said by people that has not been to that country and personally witnessed what was being fought in the different pits. And yes I have seen birds in Philippines that I would gladly import to U.S. and breed if possible to do so. One thing I did notice in Philippines is that in some of the smaller pits and in the hackfights the quality and overall health of birds shown seemed to drop off dramatically from the quality shown in the bigger derbies whereas here in states a lot of times I would see many birds shown in the little 4 cocks that would have done well in the big derbies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtyny View Post
    they are usa for the most part
    yes you are right i did not think of it like that LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dirpa26 View Post
    There is really a lot of excellent birds in PI now. I still don't know why they are getting birds from the USA or some other places. Maybe it is a mentality thing or it is so tough in PI that everyone is looking for an edge and they are willing to try everything. I used to say hypothetically of course since it is illegal in the USA and it won't happen anyway because of all the laws in transporting animals that PI birds will not win against US birds but I don't think that is the case now.
    Lots of new strain are created here in the Philippines out of USA gamebirds. But we still need the USA gamebirds for infusion/refreshing blood and or creating another strain. It takes time to create another strain but it is rewarding. My friend have an another set of dark and light side of Mclean and some Irish dom from his friend over there in USA. Trying to make a seedfowl and a cross with another bloodline. The competition over here (P.I.) is getting tougher everyday. There were no distinction anymore over bigtime breeder and a smalltime breeder. I will called it "The Battle of Equals".

Post Thanks / Like

springwater, excellent posting, very well said!

bigtyny, i prob would start with the lemon, then prob a roundhead, if i had greys, then it would be a grey. kelso prob not, but kelsos i think in the states, same as hatch. prob a dom from 1 of those cavite breeders, gen-gen,.....

roberts, most of us test our stags each year at our farms with the gaff, i'll also tie a lk on one stag,no knife on the other stag, see how well he cuts & how quickly he kills his opponent, very important in lk.
    Personally if I was in PI I would gaff test broodfowl and LK the offspring. Sadly I am not in PI and I am glad I still all my old broodstock before laws changed so I know my fowl still has

a few yrs ago, big difference between derby & hack fights, less now, the backyard breeders nowadays has good fowl, the difference is they don't for the most part have the conditioning facilities the big farms do. by far the number of fowl in the pi exceeds the states, read acouple yrs ago in an article, appr million fowl a yr is fought in the pi, which makes sense since most towns have a cockpit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borderlinefowl View Post
    you know i couldnt tell you , but if it is america , i would have to wonder why , and wonder if it has anything to do with our primary style when it was legal , although the states when it was legal showed all weapons, the brood stocked seemd primarily gaff faught fowl , and looking at the other countrys primarys i wonder if that isnt what they are lacking , or mabye it is just availibility of fowl , since the us is larger
    Yes the USA is larger - BUT when Legal in the USA are there any stats to say how many Cocks were fought?
    A guy with a great knowledge of Cockfighting wrote a story in the sabong star magazine that around 10 years ago there were approximate 1,800 Legal Cock pits here in PI.
    On top of that you have every small like village has a Fiesta once a year - who stage a legal cock fight. Then you the the Tupada - perhaps a relative has passed away - another reason to stage a get together and fights.

That guy estimated there were NO LESS than 20 million Cocks fought in 1 year.
    THAT WAS 10 YERAS AGO.....Sabong has grown a lot since then so we have a lot more fowl are available.
    Who has the best? I dont know about Mexico - But in the US and PI there are many quality Fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

The USA has the best and has had the best for almost 200 years, at least the last 150 years. The reason why we have had and still do, for the time being, is this. People have moved here from all over the world and brought with them the best gamefowl they had in the region or country in which they lived. The American driven desire to be the best was once again put to the test in this venture. The American Gamefowl was born out of the desire to make the best fighting fowl to ever grace this earth. Breeders took the different breeds and blended them together to create this bird. Just like a great chef will utilize all of the ingredients in the kitchen to make his master piece to offer to the public, the gamfowl breeders offered theirs to public in battle. The PI will soon take over as having the best for the exact same reason the USA became the best.

Post Thanks / Like

me personally i think usa because like someone said most broodfowl here were tested extremely hard here. i once new a man( i want name him because he well known) used totake his to the pit if it didnt get in hard fight in the drag he wouldnt breed it. this same man would put his brood cock on a tie cord in the cock house and one at a time put about 10 rooster on him for for a bout 2 min apiece at the end of this the broodcock would be bang to hell and back . the next day when the brood cock was sour do the same thing at the end if the cock crowed he would put it in the brood pen. this may sound cruel and a little crazy but this is how they were tested and that man has so game roosters.