Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowan Roundhead Killer

Post Thanks / Like

Cowan Roundhead Killer

Ive heard so much good things about these cowans.. They say they are legit, i personally dnt like them at all.. I have the true Cowan Roundhead killers at my yard. I know many cockers have them crosses that can beat them cowans so lets hear them..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cowan Roundhead Killer

Cowans have been around forever all they are is allen rh. If u have the good ones there as good as anything out there. Allen rh have been dominating pits for as long as they have been around in the hand of the right people. There are many junk ones out there and many that have been peddled in recent years. There are a few good breeders of them around and if u get them from them they do fine. Everyone has personal preferances and own hreeds they dislike. For me its the sweater i dont care for them but alot of people breeding them these days. Cowans cross well with whitehackles, albany, kelso, radio, hatch and other breeds. They have great timing and a deadly cut. They are medium station with good power and average speed but they always weem to know when to throw that deadly blow. Sorry u had such a bad experience with them but me personaly i like them even if they arent very pretty lol
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO lololololol really ? Lmfao

Post Thanks / Like

I got a few cowans and havent lost any yet maybe you dont have the true cowan budy sry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelso13 View Post
    Ive heard so much good things about these cowans.. They say they are legit, i personally dnt like them at all.. I have the true Cowan Roundhead killers at my yard. I know many cockers have them crosses that can beat them cowans so lets hear them..
    Show them ur cowan killers period! No pics pls. just cowan-killing videos of them! 'Nuff said....
    Last edited by ironchef; January 19th, 2012 at 01:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ironchef View Post
    Show them ur cowan killers period! No pics pls. just cowan-killing videos of them! 'Nuff said....
    obviously aint no owner of a house were i show my birds going to let me record them. I dnt live in mexico or the phils but iv run into many cowans and yeah they give my birds a run for their money but have only finished maybe 3 or 4 stags in a entire year. never owned cowans, only lacy rh..

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is on that cowan hype i personally dont know anyone that fights em just like the sweaters every yellow legged bird was a sweater people were going crazy now everyone is going crazy over the cowans if anyone has videos of cowans fighting please post them i want to see what all the fuzz is about, lacys allens brunners criple tonys etc look alike look like typical roundheads belts look very different but they carry the same blood??? i dont know i got a buddy that has em we pitted five to try them out they didnt do too well i want to see one win

Post Thanks / Like

Idk bud ive had allen rh for about 18 years and then i got some of belts blood and they are identical to my old allen blood in every way with 1 exception. The belts will throw a long legged offspring enery so often and the allens are 100% medium station to medium low. They come orange hackle to medium red and have white under there feathers in the hackle and most have white specks on the top of there head hens and rooster as well as my bruners also. They tend to always hit first. They are not world beaters but they win a good number of tyere shows. Compaired to a sweater many people think they are ugly. Personaly im fond of them.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Kelso13, how old are you? The other day you were asking & PM'ing me VERY beginner questions? Now you are dissing blood lines

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaOkie View Post
    Kelso13, how old are you? The other day you were asking & PM'ing me VERY beginner questions? Now you are dissing blood lines
    Im 21.. ive only been raising birds for about 4 year which perty much makes me a begginner.. when i started raising birds i had to invest a years worth a salaries workin in the feilds to buy materials to make a few fly pens with a mentor that is big were i live.. I aint dissing the cowan i carry lacy rh which i really like and has proven itself to me. Breeders here saying "i have the best birds" " my birds cost me $$$$ amount" " your birds aint even wort shyt.. they claim to have cowan rh so being the age i was when i started raising chicken i would get insulted when i brought a stag to the shows. and yes i asked you questions about the Joe Redmond greys because i purchaused one to cross over one of my broodcocks to get grey stags and see how they perform beacuse greys here are liked but hardly end fights. Plus the first time i went with my mentor to feed his birds he told me " Be different, experiment with your birds and last but least be patient buddy" i attended one of his shows and he showed this lacy stag he was cut right under the leg by the tigh but pulled the victory so i asked him if he would sell me the stag.. now he is one my broodcocks.

this was him before he was trimmed

this is him a couple days ago before all the damn snow came down.

yeah there is still much i dont know and im not ashamed to ask for advice beacuse we all learned by asking either our fathers or friends and i wana learn the most out of this sport to share it with my kids in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Read & learn is my advice. Their are many different nationality's on this site. Americans are in the minority. Make friends, the site owner is kind enough to let all GAMEfowl enthuists enjoy their passion. English is a second language to most on here remember that in some replies of posts.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, ill remember that

Post Thanks / Like

Just a little advise do more listening & less talking. At 4 years u still have not seen much of nothing. In this sport humble pie is served alot plus i doubt u have been in much stiff competition. Plus all lacys are allen rh, the later ones from george wood had albany and claret infused. The dan greys have alot of claret in them. Yes people go on crazes in this sporr and then the peddling begins but the good linrs r still out tgere & exchanged amounst friends. If your buying from these chicken mills it is what it is. They are there to sell and make $ and advertise heavy or use sites like this to do self promotion. I guerentee theres allens or cowans whatever u perfer that would split that broodcock of yours in half.winning against other beginers or 2nd rate birds dont mean u have great chickens. There will be a day your sent out of the pit licking your wounds & woindering what the hell just happened, it happens to everyone.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/.../cowanstag.jpg

This rooster is off the first batch of cowans I ever raised. The line is from russell Poole he used his old alabama line an use some hens from jr belt . A farm hand working with Russell said jr sent him the cutting side of the Cowan. This lil stag won several blue ribbons before he was a year. just a magnificent specimen of his line. best line I ever
    owned. Took me 8 years to find birds of this caliber.

Post Thanks / Like

Our LLGE 1/2 Belt Cowan rh - 1/2 Lemon...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJbi2x3Y6NA"]Cowan rh - Lemon May 3, 2011 Gallera de Dumangas." - YouTube[/ame][/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

heres one on my friends yard.

Post Thanks / Like

Enzo combine 8 1/2 2011 nfgb bakbakan......using cowan cross....."the proof of the cake is in the eating"

Post Thanks / Like

hmmmm...cowan lines seems to be a good catch...

Post Thanks / Like

just want to share video taken last Jan. 16, 2012 Araneta Col. WSC Elimination - UKCC Entry

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sbIpGd3X_k"]UKCC vs Gov Suarez WSC - YouTube[/ame]

Cowan x Kelso vs. Gov. Suarez (WSC2012 elim)
    Last edited by BONG D; January 20th, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

ironchef now thats what im talken about

Post Thanks / Like

walk softly but carry a big stick

Post Thanks / Like

Change one word and Teady Rosevelt said the same thing... "speak softly but carry a big stick..

Post Thanks / Like

my buddy has some cowans they came out peacomb, straight comb, yellow legged willow legged, light red, dark red and pumpkins expensive trio threw so many different offspring are they supposed to be like that?

Post Thanks / Like

Another LLGE 1/2 Belt Cowan Rh - 1/2 Lemon, "cut from underneath"...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiQtNmEBU0"]2nd fight Jr. Belt Cowan rh - Lemon... - YouTube[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ironchef View Post
    Another LLGE 1/2 Belt Cowan Rh - 1/2 Lemon, "cut from underneath"...

2nd fight Jr. Belt Cowan rh - Lemon... - YouTube
    Ironchef,

Congrats.
    Very quick in attacking and sure hit. Amazing
    One of the qualities of Belt Cowan.
    Last edited by 9thCastle; January 21st, 2012 at 02:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

this is just my opinion but its not so much the bloodline as its is the man behind the rooster,by the same token theres guys that couldnt win no matter what roosters they have

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kywolf View Post
    this is just my opinion but its not so much the bloodline as its is the man behind the rooster,by the same token theres guys that couldnt win no matter what roosters they have
    Well said kywolf, some people do well with dosile roosters and some do well with high strung roosters. different breeds for different feeders!!

Post Thanks / Like

nice win bong d,cutting ......cutting......

Post Thanks / Like

bong subukan mo ang mclean cock over cowan hen,mclean cock over black velcro hen .........see u next slasher dagdagan mo para maganda ang selection sa susunod

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLY929 View Post
    nice win bong d,cutting ......cutting......

thanks sir rolly, were just lucky to have cowan rh materials with your help