Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516

Thread: Bruner Roundhead's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bruner Roundhead's

see post 448............................................... ............
    Quote Originally Posted by mnthawaii View Post
    What is the base bloodline of these Bruners? Lacy? Allen?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIMEX View Post
    I've had the Bruners that I got from Mr. Ken Kincannon about 20 years ago. Three years ago I got a Bruner which looked like a grey cock but instead of black and white it was light pumpkin-colored and a reddish kind of White. I have not crossed those Bruners with Greys at any time. Its a great roosted I've shown it twice and is in top shape. Has anyone had similar looking throwbacks from pure Bruners?
    My daddy got the rubles and brunners from Mr. Kincannon about 7 yrs ago. They're are both good honest breeds we're very satisfied. The brunners we got will throw sortive a pumpkin colored rooster all the way to sortive a darker red color. 85 or 90 % p-head but will get a straight head. 90% pearl legged but will get a yellow leg. But will never get a straight head yellow leg.

Post Thanks / Like

Brunner stag just lost his freedom. I raised about 6 stags an they all look the same but the 3 pullets I raised were all blue legged.

4. Likes Sig1911, Genis, jacosta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my brunners for 16 years now I only started with a pair and bred them all together every year. I produced white legged yellow legged brunners some straight combed showed up later on inbreeding them. Ive had white legged and yellow legged straight combed produced and bred them back to the line. I mainly use the yellow legged for crossing because they win for me crossed on gilmores and they produced dirty white legged stags I always try them against cocks when they are 20/22 months old and they win for me. They are not consistent as stags although they have the fight in them just not mature enough. I havent experienced producing blue legged pullets yet maybe mine are just bred differently from the person I got them from. But what I really like about them is they stand the test of time beeing heavily inbred they are still going. This is the only time Im going to infuse other brunner line to add some vigor and strength to them. But still going to keep breeding the old line just incase the infusion doesnt work. I had a friend who asked for a brunner cock to send as a gift to his brother inlaw to breed. I gave him a nice medium stationed heavily inbred brunner cock and a cardinal pullet to breed him with. After 3 months my friend called me sounded upset, he told me that his brother inlaw fought the cock in a derby and won unscathe. I said that cock is heavily inbred and meant for breeding purposes only. He said that’s why Im upset he fought him I told him to breed him and the pullet. After a month we saw each and he told me he stopped talking to his brother inlaw I asked why? He said that mother$&#%}{^ fought the brunner again in a 3 cock and won again with a slight cut on the right leg. I laughed and told him to ask his brother inlaw if he doesnt like to breed him just return him to me and I will replace him with another one lol!

6. Likes Engkanto, Sig1911, tonetone559 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

brunner pullet I raise this last season

8. Likes spanky81, Genis, Sig1911 liked this post