Thread: Bruner Roundhead's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bruner Roundhead's

FB_IMG_1469020768827.jpg3/4 Brunner 1/4 leon

2. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay daguio View Post
    Damn bro next time hit me up when u in Hawaii I can show u some farms!! Add me on Facebook u have an account.
    Yeah I was looking for some that I can visit plus you went awol lol hopefully if we come back I'll hit you up. You got some nice offspring now mang!

Post Thanks / Like

FB_IMG_1469020849396.jpg5/8 Brunner 3/8 Leon with a pure kincannon Brunner hen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genis View Post
    Yeah I was looking for some that I can visit plus you went awol lol hopefully if we come back I'll hit you up. You got some nice offspring now mang!
    Lol yah been really busy working n after work I go straight to my yard then after work I'm usually face timing with my wife n son until I fall asleep lol. Thank u for the compliments I'm still trying to get them how I want them n still trying to find the rite grade of the rhs the more I breed towards the brunner/Leon side the more rough they get n if I breed more towards the kincannon Brunner side the more stylish they become with not much bottom on them more of an up up style. I think in a couple more years I should have them set the way I want them.

6. Thanks TWEETY thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888, trueedge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So far my rhs I have 15/16 Brunner 1/16 Leon Morgan th and 7/8 brunner1/8 Leon Morgan rhs and also 3/4 Brunner 1/4 Leon Morgan rhs now nexus season I get to test them out showed a few crosses as stags but didn't didn't do to well as I was showing them into cocks alot of potential but lacked the driving power as stags very athletic fowl when crossed to my golden greys I think this cross I'm gonna keep making as long as I got both families next season gonna try crossing them on my elsims blacks. This year my partner made some crosses on his white butcher's n radio can't wait to see how those turn out!!
    bro jay if you want to compete from stags to cocks cross the brunners to a hatch or a whitehacle family. I am crossing mine with the radio and doing well.

i am also fighting pure brunners to test them if they have the cut and gameness i am looking for. I fight those i see as future broodcock for me to perpetuate a line that is early maturinga nd can be fought as stags.

are you from ilocos bro before you migrated to hawaii/

8. Likes jay daguio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My dad is from bacarra ilocos norte. I was born n raised in Hawaii but love the Philippines lol I don't really have any hatch blood on my yard but I think my partners white butcher's n radio's might work out fine. We don't have a stag circuit in Hawaii but I just wanted to try n see how they would take the steel and react in the keep n in competition they showed really well n did wat i expected them to do. Sure I lost a bunch but over all I am pleased with wat they showed me they can do. I'm pretty sure next season will be much better with the ones I kept for ageing into cocks as I kept all the aces n a few that won already.

Post Thanks / Like

My dad is from bacarra ilocos norte. I was born n raised in Hawaii but love the Philippines lol I don't really have any hatch blood on my yard but I think my partners white butcher's n radio's might work out fine. We don't have a stag circuit in Hawaii but I just wanted to try n see how they would take the steel and react in the keep n in competition they showed really well n did wat i expected them to do. Sure I lost a bunch but over all I am pleased with wat they showed me they can do. I'm pretty sure next season will be much better with the ones I kept for ageing into cocks as I kept all the aces n a few that won already.
    you may opt to try that butcher or radio over your brunner hens just for a try. Ive tried and never looked back. hehehe.

the brunners as coming to age are deep cutters. most of them win with superficial wounds. I got hold of them since 2009 a capt de sagun brunner which is a don fontenot line.

11. Likes jay daguio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are breeding for station try brunner cock/stag over radio hens. Using brunner on the cock/stag side in my experience produced good stationed offspring. Where using brunner hens/pullets I tend to get more smaller and medium low offspring but... They were the best fighters lol Ive been winning with them in hacks lol!
    Last edited by Genis; July 21st, 2016 at 04:28 PM.

13. Likes jay daguio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are breeding for station try brunner cock/stag over radio hens. Using brunner on the cock/stag side in my experience produced gois stationed offspring. Where using brunner hens/pullets I tend to get more smaller and medium low offspring but... They were the best fighters lol Ive been winning with them in hacks lol!
    bro genis what is gois stationed?

i have most of my stocks going medium stationed as the radio blood i have is medium station. the most i can get from them is medium high but it seldoms appear so when I inbred I choose the best stationed one but if compared with the sweaters it seems that i do not know how to rear birds. hahaha

seems i can log a lot longer now as our system is down. cant do some works. glad sabong.net is not down as well. hehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karachisweater View Post
    bro genis what is gois stationed?

i have most of my stocks going medium stationed as the radio blood i have is medium station. the most i can get from them is medium high but it seldoms appear so when I inbred I choose the best stationed one but if compared with the sweaters it seems that i do not know how to rear birds. hahaha

seems i can log a lot longer now as our system is down. cant do some works. glad sabong.net is not down as well. hehehe
    I fixed it lol its good stationed offspring medium high.

16. Likes jay daguio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump...........................................

Post Thanks / Like

boss buddy when will you go home to hinigaran am i right?

to were your GL lemons cross?

The GL left in which i had has nicked with the brunners. just suffered on the station .

Post Thanks / Like

bro genis this was my main BC a brunner roundhead 1 time winner. just tried if he can cut. did his job in 1 buckle.

20. Likes dman, Bloodsport liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i have only started working at a gamefowl farm this year, and still cant tell the difference on most of the breeds. im new to this gamefowl deal, been dabbling in regular laying hens to start. but i was gifted 3 chicks that were natural incubated/with hen. they are Brunners, 2 roosters and a hen. my boss is willing to trade one of the roosters for a couple of hens so that i can have a breeding program. i heard that not many people have true BR blood around my parts so i felt pretty lucky to get gifted this breed and at only 4 months old, my boss is actually impressed at their size because they havent been free ranged. My stag is pretty tame though so far. they kinda get rowdy sometimes but suprisingly mine are pretty docile

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I hope all of you and your gamefowl are doing well. I recently started with gamefowl and now I want to acquire some Bruner Roundheads but I don't know where. If you guys could point me in the right direction. I would deeply appreciate it. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Buck, Liz and Stoney of SSS Game Farm are good friends of mine and treated me like family. They are great people w/great fowl. Showed a lot of their fowl here in Hawaii back in the days w/a high win percentage and a lot of multiple time winners. Miss those Brunner/Claret crosses. R.I.P Buck and Liz. Aloha Ben Isabel. Merry Christmas Stoney!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Falls View Post
    Buck Scoggins of sc had some good Bruner blood to bad he is on the other side. All his fowl went to PI when he passed is what I heard.

Post Thanks / Like

Your know I heard about having a SC Brunner RH ever blue moon and got one this year....

Show your 2017 brunner stag pic's

YFIS, V/r

T-bone

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this thread up!!!! Any tips on conditioning and pointing these Brunners guys??

Post Thanks / Like

Bruner Roundhead Joe Lewis (Billy Abbots)
    Last edited by trueedge; April 17th, 2017 at 05:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best Bruner blood out there would have to be from Swift Creek gamefarm. In the money fight this year. Thats two consecutive years in a row showing top level competiton in Mexico. They are grey/Bruner crosses. They are the Larry Morris line. They show under the Muletrain entry in Mexico.

28. Likes trueedge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lurena View Post
    One of the best Bruner blood out there would have to be from Swift Creek gamefarm. In the money fight this year. Thats two consecutive years in a row showing top level competiton in Mexico. They are grey/Bruner crosses. They are the Larry Morris line. They show under the Muletrain entry in Mexico.
    They did very well with them indeed. i watched most of their fights in the Inter. good roosters.

Post Thanks / Like

Just sharing a few pictures:

Last edited by Engkanto; April 17th, 2017 at 10:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trueedge View Post

I was going to edit the picture. This pair is from my buddy Cesar at JCJ Farms they are the Joe Lewish Bruner Roundhead (Billy Abbot) line. sorry for the confusion.

32. Likes Genis, Engkanto, Nauvoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

34. Likes Engkanto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing...they look real nice. Are they pure? i think in the video you said they were.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing...they look real nice. Are they pure? i think in the video you said they were.
    They are straight bred brunners some are brothers others are from a different mating also straight bred. I also have some that came straight combed they started popping up when I kept inbreding them on the 8th year, Ive had them since 03 I started them from a pair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lurena View Post
    Bruners are from Larry Morris and Burl Chambers. I know the greys really well also, great little grey roosters.

38. Thanks Engkanto thanked for this post
    Likes Engkanto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice pair sir Trueedge. I think your hen looks like mine; my Bruners came from same breeders. Here's an old picture of my Bruner hens. The young stag is a Lacy/Bruner cross.

40. Likes trueedge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Engkanto View Post
    Nice pair sir Trueedge. I think your hen looks like mine; my Bruners came from same breeders. Here's an old picture of my Bruner hens. The young stag is a Lacy/Bruner cross.

Thank you Engkanto. Yes she does resemble them. She is a little beat up right now. she was with another rooster that mistreated her by topping to much. so hopefully she will molt out like your hens. I have a sister to the stag she is darker though.

42. Thanks Engkanto thanked for this post
    Likes Genis, Engkanto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oldie but still groovy!!!

Getting to age but nothing coming out from him yet with his two wives lol! He's a Billy Abbot brunner from Mike Thompson Im thinking of infusing him to my Brunners to continue my line. I just hope we can produce some out of him and the two hens.
    Last edited by Genis; April 22nd, 2017 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Added picture

44. Likes trueedge, Engkanto liked this post