Hugh Norman Keep

Mike Strecker's Conditioning The Gamecock

Dr. Ted Tanchangco's 21 day Keep

Frank Shy's

Your Own Keep

Just to test....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Keeps You Use.

I use the common sense keep. I breed, raise, condition, heel, and fight my birds. I know what type of condition they're in at any given time. I make sure they are free of internal and external parasites, get the right nutrition and supplements, are in the right flesh and conditon, are rested and properly pointed. There are many written keeps and are great for beginners but none is foolproof and it takes a lot of common sense to sort out the good from the bad.

Heart of Panay , Passi City , Iloilo , Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Include the SuperMax Keep... Dampot Keep and the Generics Keep!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Mike Strecker's Conditioning the Gamefowl. Very simple and easy to understand. It's only 30 pages back to back and I had it on a plastic protector folder with extra plastic protector.

The Hugh Norman is also a good keep to follow.

I would include a lot more but the poll is max to 6 items only.

Post Thanks / Like

can anyone show me were i can get those keep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guamasil View Post
    I use the common sense keep. I breed, raise, condition, heel, and fight my birds. I know what type of condition they're in at any given time. I make sure they are free of internal and external parasites, get the right nutrition and supplements, are in the right flesh and conditon, are rested and properly pointed. There are many written keeps and are great for beginners but none is foolproof and it takes a lot of common sense to sort out the good from the bad.
    where can I get this keep? LOL na your right ?I agree with you 100%

Post Thanks / Like

I use my own KEEP. Same as Guamasil

Post Thanks / Like

Used to use driskell keep. But now I like the Mike Ratliff method..

Post Thanks / Like

It would be helpful if you can post the details of the keeps.

Post Thanks / Like

The information you could use to be successful contained in that list of keeps for building your own system is a double edged sword,,,,,Remember this,,,,the first three listed were always trying to sell you something to produce win,,,,,,,,the last three, with the exception of Mike Stryker gave you the information, Mike was more into med supplys than he was pushing keep information,,,,,,,,,To the Son of a Buck that got people rotating roosters a zillion times during the keep,,,,,that needless crock really got em humming,,,,,down at the unemployment offices....BRK

Post Thanks / Like

my brother-in-law use the TJT Keep.....so far the results have been more W's than L's...

Post Thanks / Like

I coundition for 3 weeks gradually uping the reps only 2 shots are givin an 1 worm before the conditioning. Ive been told you wont beat the big boys like this but im happy with how they show tons of energy and can take punishment. They cut they move well im happy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tara180 View Post
    can anyone show me were i can get those keep
    Here you go sir
    http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=40475

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miguelgin View Post
    Here's a pastebin link so you wont have to click all those attachments. I just copied everything caminares posted into one paste

http://pastebin.com/ZncPnNny

I can do the other keep if people want me to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionMastr69 View Post
    Here's a pastebin link so you wont have to click all those attachments. I just copied everything caminares posted into one paste

http://pastebin.com/ZncPnNny

I can do the other keep if people want me to.
    nice one sir, if you have time can you please share it to us Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Best thing ever wrote about keeps....

Post Thanks / Like

i use my own keep aswell!! but have done all the other keeps as well before actually doing my own ways!!! i guess u can say its a mixture of the nite owl, charlie carr, coach n working mans keep combined into one!! and also alot of help from nutrition in a nut shell!!! by far one of the most helpfull books and a must for all cockers!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your comments Myles. Parawakan, and Shanebo.
    Many beginners treat keeps like cooking recipes expecting to get the same results everytime. I've learned to analyze the keeps I've read over the years and apply what I think fits the climate here, taking into consideration the type of fowl, feed, an supplements I use. As the saying goes "There's more than one way to skin a cat." What matters in the end is you have your rooster on top of his game and condition. Pat yourself on the back when your rooster comes out a winner.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 1/2 Archie Kerr and 1/2 my own stuff

Post Thanks / Like

I use the coaches only problem is you shouldnt fallow it to the fully extent cause its a lot of supplements and its kinda hard on the birds other than that its good keep jmo

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your comments Myles. Parawakan, and Shanebo.
    Many beginners treat keeps like cooking recipes expecting to get the same results everytime. I've learned to analyze the keeps I've read over the years and apply what I think fits the climate here, taking into consideration the type of fowl, feed, an supplements I use. As the saying goes "There's more than one way to skin a cat." What matters in the end is you have your rooster on top of his game and condition. Pat yourself on the back when your rooster comes out a winner.
    best statements I have seen on here....

Post Thanks / Like

There are some things in the rooster business that are totally going to get into your pocket book and yes, common sence is a friend but so are the odd's and after reading and feeding every method known to birdkind over the years, one thing i know for sure will get you a big ole azz whippin,,,that's when you start swappin that feed, guessing the weather,,,,Every rooster the Good Lord put on this planet feeds out the same way,,,however all roosters train differantly,as each bird is alittle differant if you really start to break down their every exact movement an individual character.
    So my plan that got me competitive and consistent was founded on a question i had ask'd the old man years ago back at Toccoa, Ga. that particular day, he fought average,,,,win 2 lose 2 or win 1 lose 2,,,hard to remember exactly,,,but my question was "how are you going to feed next week" and the answer was "just like i fed this week",,,no differant,,,,,,and he goes right into Del Rio, Tennessee that next week,, wins 6 srraight, the cocks looking like they were on a mission cutting and taking,,,,bull dozed their way right on through the derby.........So, yes their is a recipe and yes the roosters,,,giving the chance to adjust themselves know far better than we do.........When you look at the flip side,,,,the beginner might be onto a breakthrough until they start taking in to much information,,,,BRK
    Last edited by brownred kelso; April 14th, 2012 at 10:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownred kelso View Post
    that particular day, he fought average,,,,win 2 lose 2 or win 1 lose 2,,,hard to remember exactly,,,but my question was "how are you going to feed next week" and the answer was "just like i fed this week",,,no differant,,,,,,and he goes right into Del Rio, Tennessee that next week,, wins 6 srraight, the cocks looking like they were on a mission cutting and taking,,,,bull dozed their way right on through the derby.........
    What was the variable in losing.....same method....no adjustments.....but win the following week....could it have been weather, level of competion, luck of the draw, wormy, lousy or out heeled....i always try to figure out why a cock loses....i dont beleive in luck either.....a rooster creates his own luck by not making as many mistakes as the other....assuming you do your part....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kemosabe View Post
    What was the variable in losing.....same method....no adjustments.....but win the following week....could it have been weather, level of competion, luck of the draw, wormy, lousy or out heeled....i always try to figure out why a cock loses....i dont beleive in luck either.....a rooster creates his own luck by not making as many mistakes as the other....assuming you do your part....
    Even the best of the best aren't going to win em all,,,,the Toccoa was the Decamp which might be up there in stature with the Claymore or the Barnes and the back up Tennessee "Hard Ground" and that about says how difficult a place that is as to wi n,,,,,,,and luck exists,,,,but when a high level of skill comes into effect the roosters in my opinion exploit advantages and this allows them to roll the chasmber on the revolver with less cartriges in the cylinder,,,,,BRK
    Last edited by brownred kelso; April 15th, 2012 at 05:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

a rooster creates his own luck by not making as many mistakes as the other....assuming you do your part....
    luck exists,,,,but when a high level of skill comes into effect the roosters in my opinion exploit advantages and this allows them to roll the chasmber on the revolver with less cartriges in the cylinder,,,,,BRK
    sounds like the same thing....i was just wondering what caused the light bulb to come on then as you said....feed the same way for next week....i didnt know if you ever analyzed your loses....etc....

Post Thanks / Like

There are several of you on here that think "here's a computer cocker" and now i guess you could say that because i do not have a feather,,,,,,but there was a time that i went to every lenght humanly possible to get better,,,,visited every farm possible,,,paid attention to the "little things" that make a differance between winning or losing and visited everyone that was competitive just to see what i could see,,how they fed, what kinda pen set up they had,,,,,it was amazing at times people you would think was at the cutting edge of cocking science was not very well educated on what some would consider basic knowledge of this sport.....
    When i started being asked to feed cocks, my name was getting around simply because of trying my hardest to get the cocks in terrific good shape and i would win a derby now and again,,,,,but before any of you will do well, here's what you have to realise,,,YOU NEVER WIN BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DO FOR THE ROOSTER, YOU WIN BECAUSE OF WHAT THE ROOSTER DOES FOR YOU,,,,until you learn to feed in a manor that will allow him to be the very best he can be, you will be average,,,,,,the birds know what they need, it's up to the feeder to deliver their needs into the cup and they don't deserve a crap shoot that last week of the feed,,,It's a funny thing that can be remembered,,,,having sweated because that 4th 5th or 6th rooster wasn't as good as the others, when starting out feeding,,,,,to not sending the very best cock in the show a few times, because you felt like you could win it without him and winning,,,,,that's another point about this sport,,,,no matter how good you think he is or how well you have the cocks fed out,,,,,if you want him for breeding,,,leave him at home...... BRK
    Last edited by brownred kelso; April 15th, 2012 at 08:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

,,,YOU NEVER WIN BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DO FOR THE ROOSTER, YOU WIN BECAUSE OF WHAT THE ROOSTER DOES FOR YOU,,,,
    another good point....good roosters make good feeders....or atleast make them look like good feeders.....i can sift through alot of your mumbo jumbo and see some intelect but then you go way out into left field for some reason....its almost like you try to talk in riddles.....lol.....once again why do you think those cocks lost the previous week and then won 6 straight the next ??? you have to have some thought other you cant win them all....(when legal of course) i always felt like i was going to win them all or i would stay home....hell my little whitehackles thought they was goin to win them all....i was just saying if and when i lost one i tried to figure out why....was it me, was i out roostered, out handled, so on an so on....

Post Thanks / Like

Why they lost was not the point, the point was that he was not searching, he knew exactly what he would do the very next time he fed,,,,,and the next and the next, that odd's were in his favor with his methods at hand,,,,,,,You start trying to critique every facet of this sport, you'll be in the rubber room,,,,,when he told me that he was going to feed the very same way for the next week, i knew he was confident and even though i have not fed in several seasons now,,, should i ever pick up the spoon again,,, i'm confident i would do exactly as i left off,,,,,,BRK

Post Thanks / Like

another good point....good roosters make good feeders....or atleast make them look like good feeders.....i can sift through alot of your mumbo jumbo and see some intelect but then you go way out into left field for some reason....its almost like you try to talk in riddles.....lol.....once again why do you think those cocks lost the previous week and then won 6 straight the next ??? you have to have some thought other you cant win them all....(when legal of course) i always felt like i was going to win them all or i would stay home....hell my little whitehackles thought they was goin to win them all....i was just saying if and when i lost one i tried to figure out why....was it me, was i out roostered, out handled, so on an so on....
    good roosters do make good feeders, hell i try to select roosters each time that are so good my job in the keep is to not screw them up. this is a lot easyer than trying to perform magic and make an average cock an ace. Get him fit ,healthy, happy and on point and he should do the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

good read. very educational. thanks for sharing
    Last edited by gnomestorm; April 15th, 2012 at 11:16 PM.