Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Golden Rooster Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

The Golden Rooster Tournament

Golden Rooster derby coming up Feb. 24th, 25th & 26th in Juriquilla Mexico... Looks like a whole bunch of great entries.

Who do you got?

http://derbyintercontinental.com.mx/...golden_par.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Golden Rooster Tournament

For mex; santa barbara, cerro viejo, and thunderbirdhatch, for usa; slick, bama, r&r, those are my finalists

Post Thanks / Like

wow what a line up,what they forgot my entry,oh yeah its for big timers not little ****s like me,nah only kidding lol.lol.lol..thats some impressive farms on that card,wish i could be there to see the fireworks..good luck to all the entreis,and let the best blood,and cocker take home the bragging rights and prize...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

Post Thanks / Like

go slick and bama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Does it count if thunderbirdhatch buys battlefowl from american breeders an use them as theirs for propaganda . Becouse that's what they did with the intercontinental and USA vs mex last year . I know this becouse a friend of mine that works for pie de cross asked them but yet they didn't mention it on their wining issue , u ask me bunch of peddlers . Also the same guy says they didn't know sh#t about breeding, fighting , or even raising until they got into buying from American breeders , their living proof that it don't matter if your born rich and have money to buy the best fowl out their if your dumb as a rock . it really pissed me off that they didn't even mention Mr Gary gilliam for the battlecock he sold them . I hope the best for partido el libano Mr victor tame is a good person and a very honest breeder . In USA I hope RnR wins

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmmm what about blue fox is doing really good in Mexico and mula trian ????? But most Americans team have Mexican partners !!!!! What do u think guys ???

Post Thanks / Like

Very good entries. And for all Sabong members that want to purchase quality fowl for breeding program purchase from the list below. They prove the fowl in top competition. Not chicken peddlers that talk talk talk and never test their fowl. Just my humble opinion.

http://derbyintercontinental.com.mx/...golden_par.htm

Post Thanks / Like

That's some line up there . Wish I could be there to see them go . What would be the entry fee for one of these tournament ?

Post Thanks / Like

I will take Bama Sports farm

Post Thanks / Like

Iwill go to R&R this is me favorite entry there are many good breeders from mex and usa . also we have tomorrow in allende coahuila copa corona this is great derby to a lot of breeders will go to cinco mantiales (allende coahuila)from mex and usa last year there were more than 150 entrys was good .

Post Thanks / Like

For my Mexican pick I'll go with La ximena y Las trojes entry #18. For my USA pick I'll go with Bullfrog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vic5.0 View Post
    That's some line up there . Wish I could be there to see them go . What would be the entry fee for one of these tournament ?
    For the intercontinental and Mexico vs USA it was $1,500 entry fee $300 bet per fight. Not sure about the cost for this one cause they're supposed to be entries that have placed in the other two derbys. Few years back we sold fed and delivered an entry for a big timer for the Mexico vs USA in pachuca and they took second place, so one of this days God willing we'll take them ourselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elhungaro View Post
    Iwill go to R&R this is me favorite entry there are many good breeders from mex and usa . also we have tomorrow in allende coahuila copa corona this is great derby to a lot of breeders will go to cinco mantiales (allende coahuila)from mex and usa last year there were more than 150 entrys was good .
    I was their as a spectator last year and I was really surprised on the cuality of fowl I saw unfortonetly I heard one of the winners got kinapped for ransom that same day .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaLomaRanch View Post
    Does it count if thunderbirdhatch buys battlefowl from american breeders an use them as theirs for propaganda . Becouse that's what they did with the intercontinental and USA vs mex last year . I know this becouse a friend of mine that works for pie de cross asked them but yet they didn't mention it on their wining issue , u ask me bunch of peddlers . Also the same guy says they didn't know sh#t about breeding, fighting , or even raising until they got into buying from American breeders , their living proof that it don't matter if your born rich and have money to buy the best fowl out their if your dumb as a rock . it really pissed me off that they didn't even mention Mr Gary gilliam for the battlecock he sold them . I hope the best for partido el libano Mr victor tame is a good person and a very honest breeder . In USA I hope RnR wins
    Sir no disrespect but you are contradicting yourself in what you say because if you are going for partido el libano from Victor Tame then its the same thing as thunderbird hatch, victor tame is not a breeder he says it on his ad on pie de cria, he buys fowl from neal, jumper, and romero and that is what he fights Mr. Neal can confirm this because he told me himself so victor tame is not a breeder he sells what he buys from the men I mentioned above and if Thunderbird hatch buys the cocks to show in the golden rooster then they are my pick for the Mexico side because they showed some really good birds in both intercontinental and mex vs usa, game enough to come in first place in both tournaments and anyone who shows in top class in Mexico knows its hard to win atleast one fight to advance to the next round! But my picks are Thunderbird hatch and san Carlos from Mexico and cedar creek and bamasports from the USA!!

Post Thanks / Like

I always liked R&R roosters and they used to be the ones to beat a couple years ago... I just spoke to Rudy Ramos, who is Kerry's feeder/handler, and he says that he feels the roosters they are going to show are finally what they used to be when they where winning... He said they are showing all yellow legged greys.

Post Thanks / Like

i feel the hespanics has the edge,birds were born their,raised their,and trained their..all i know is thats a tuff show to win,holding the bird on point in that type of climate,is right up the hespanics ally..gotta remember guys its their stompping grounds,they aint gonna make it easy for the americans to come in and win..on the flip side of it,the americans comin with the hammas,the best the USA has to offer..so it will be very interesting to see who takes home the bacon and the glory..JMHO..PEACE OUT..><>

Post Thanks / Like

Most if not all the Americans have a partner in Mexico who they either send their birds as stags and let them moult and get used to Mexicos climate or they have broodfowl their and raise them in Mexico

Post Thanks / Like

GALLONC your avatar grey reminds me of some greys we got from Sammy Ramsey a time ago. Who is the makeup of yours?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the Mexicans have Great stuff. I totally respect their game. Those birds can sure kick like the Hell. Should be fun!

Post Thanks / Like

That's where my grey came from Sammy ramsey he is my broodcock

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to whip a man in his backyard!! Home field advantage is a plus!!

Post Thanks / Like

On the Mex side I'd like to see Parral, Chiwuas win...Southern Chiuahua/ Norhtern Durango region can't go against my peeps..lol, On the USA Canton/Memphis combo is tuff as heck in SK I'll take them as the underdog cause I've seen them go and if they're showing grey even more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GalloNC View Post
    Sir no disrespect but you are contradicting yourself in what you say because if you are going for partido el libano from Victor Tame then its the same thing as thunderbird hatch, victor tame is not a breeder he says it on his ad on pie de cria, he buys fowl from neal, jumper, and romero and that is what he fights Mr. Neal can confirm this because he told me himself so victor tame is not a breeder he sells what he buys from the men I mentioned above and if Thunderbird hatch buys the cocks to show in the golden rooster then they are my pick for the Mexico side because they showed some really good birds in both intercontinental and mex vs usa, game enough to come in first place in both tournaments and anyone who shows in top class in Mexico knows its hard to win atleast one fight to advance to the next round! But my picks are Thunderbird hatch and san Carlos from Mexico and cedar creek and bamasports from the USA!!
    I'm shure they be my pick to if they buy the cocks to . Becouse they got the money to do it . As for victor tame what he's tryin to say is he's not a breeder he fights. Granja Greer and Thunderbird are basicaly the same thing they both have gamefowl for profit and Thunderbird knows they can't win with their own fowl so they have tu buy battlecocks . Also pie de cria loves them so much becouse they have a contract of five years to come if in the magazene . I'm not tryin to be an a hole and talk smack about them its just the truth and I mean at the end its technackly their fowl becouse they did buy it to win and raise more propaganda for them .

Post Thanks / Like

About the only participant that breeds and fights his own birds is Manolo Torres, the rest have their brood pens or roosters from united states. What Thunderbird showed in the Mexico vs USA 3 of the 5 birds were bred by La Cañada.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: The Golden Rooster Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by mpn1971 View Post
    About the only participant that breeds and fights his own birds is Manolo Torres, the rest have their brood pens or roosters from united states. What Thunderbird showed in the Mexico vs USA 3 of the 5 birds were bred by La Cañada.
    So were those birds from giliam or not

Post Thanks / Like

remember guys all the birds are born in Mexico that will be shown. It would be illegal to do otherwise. That is why the americans have partners there so they can send broodfowl and fight only mexican born and bred roosters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    remember guys all the birds are born in Mexico that will be shown. It would be illegal to do otherwise. That is why the americans have partners there so they can send broodfowl and fight only mexican born and bred roosters.
    yes we know everything born in jalisco , michoacan , coahuila etc ................. today and tomrrow we will have very good tournament .. golden and copa corona, we are going to copa corona ..........good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    Yhea guess your right about that . I hope next year I can go check out copa Corona . Good luck hungaro what are you taking ?

Post Thanks / Like

kelso fron neal belend to dink sweater and albany from larry blend to sweater dink those rising in dgo. mexico , thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mpn1971 View Post
    What Thunderbird showed in the Mexico vs USA 3 of the 5 birds were bred by La Cañada.
    Really? They said in Pie de cría that the 5 roosters were theirs, and the guys at La Cañada were responsible for the keep.