Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Zamboanga White

Post Thanks / Like

Zamboanga White

Just asking your opinion whether Zamboanga White can still win?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zamboanga White

During it's time it could do no wrong! Unfortunately the better qualities were not preserved well.....except maybe by a few breeders like Princess Naldo. But she breeds a few, and does not sell. During one auction she was offered a huge amount for a rooster but she did not sell. They can still win. What is needed is to breed MORE of the good ones! Fight more. Then we will have better statistics. A WSC entry can validate this well. Question is who's got them? And will they share? Keep them crowing!

Post Thanks / Like

i still have the zamboanga white fowl line that mayor manny dalipe gave to the late gen. wally carbonnel. the general handed the fowls to his brother matt carbonnel, ninong matt then shared the fowls to me and to GBAP president Osmond Lambino.

tito Osmond is still breeding and winning with it to date. While yours trully has blended the Zamboanga White with my Lacy Roundheads and Boston Roundheads.

dennis fajardo

Post Thanks / Like

sir,
    i have the zamboanga white and they are still winning..a gift from manay
    princess....for sure its difficult to have...as only a few probably have these breed...

farm

Post Thanks / Like

I think ChinaRose, GoldenDragon, Princess Naldo will prove this point sometime soon.

6. Thanks GoldenDragon thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i have already have proven them on the pit accross laguna...
    they are still winning ..but its to difficult...to breed them ...
    always moulting easily...

farm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny M. View Post
    During it's time it could do no wrong! Unfortunately the better qualities were not preserved well.....except maybe by a few breeders like Princess Naldo. But she breeds a few, and does not sell. During one auction she was offered a huge amount for a rooster but she did not sell. They can still win. What is needed is to breed MORE of the good ones! Fight more. Then we will have better statistics. A WSC entry can validate this well. Question is who's got them? And will they share? Keep them crowing!
    Hi Tiny, if there is anyone who can actually bring that line back to life, it would be you :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Hehehe, thanks for the endorsement. But that is a tough act to follow through! The competition have bred their bloodlines as sharp and as accurate, as powerful and as fast as they can be, that's why they are on top of their game. AND they are still constantly fine tuning their brood pens adjusting to the nuances of the game. Either we breed faster, more powerful, sharper, higher flyers, harder shufflers, better stationed roosters, in short, similar to the best of the best, only a lot better.....OR breed the anti-thesis and introduce the fighting style of the Orientals like Will K. did when he brought in Asil grades and scored well in WSC. As did Jim Clem. One day, Asil grades would eventually win the WSC. And that day would be soon.

Jeb, also, I don't even have a feather of the White Zamboanga. Hehehe.

Maybe a Zamboanga white-Asil grade? Please stay well.

Tiny

Post Thanks / Like

Big Feather-Dennis Fajardo, seems like you have a good blend with Roundhead X Zamboanga White. I know Mayor Dalipe. He has been to my farm. I wonder if he still has one good stag he can share? I have six Albany-Asil pullets coming in. They will need a brood cock. Choices lined up would be Jumper Kelso, JB Kelso (if things fall through) and hey, later in the season, the white Zamboanga....maybe. Good to dream brood pens. Keep them crowing!

Post Thanks / Like

Zamboanga whites from the late L. Du. Hope our good friend E. Garcia will continue their winning tradition.

http://youtu.be/Mp-iwhoXWt8

http://youtu.be/DMC0VBHqyNM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guardia civil View Post
    Zamboanga whites from the late L. Du. Hope our good friend E. Garcia will continue their winning tradition.

http://youtu.be/Mp-iwhoXWt8

http://youtu.be/DMC0VBHqyNM
    Lakay do they have the same source the one reciding in Ilocos Norte right now? Hoping to have some pure someday also

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of the ZW, but don't own any... I love the story behind the breed, and the controversy it brings.

Case in point:

http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=12774

I hope I didn't bring out skeletons, but I found this thread hilarious...

I wonder where the thread starter is and/or if he is still with us...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tri_cast View Post
    Lakay do they have the same source the one reciding in Ilocos Norte right now? Hoping to have some pure someday also

lakay yours is 1/2 ZW 1/2 Dan Gray RH. My tatang is breeding a pure one x Chet/ZW/Cuban- i'll reserve some pullets for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Feather-Dennis Fajardo, seems like you have a good blend with Roundhead X Zamboanga White. I know Mayor Dalipe. He has been to my farm. I wonder if he still has one good stag he can share? I have six Albany-Asil pullets coming in. They will need a brood cock. Choices lined up would be Jumper Kelso, JB Kelso (if things fall through) and hey, later in the season, the white Zamboanga....maybe. Good to dream brood pens. Keep them crowing!

hi Tiny, i had my thrills and spills with the Zamboanga Whites. Occasionally they throw offsprings that just keep on side stepping and waving. I have tried blending them with the Lacy's and a Hulsey Grey, I observed they are better with the Greys....but i lost the grey broodcock due to theft early in my cocking adventure.

I would be trying them out next season, I am breeding a few this season (2012) to produce some what a "seedfowl" .

The Lacy crossed zamboanga has a smaller head and tight feathers. The other bullstag that i have, which i had kept near to the original bloodline has a bigger head and and some what looks like a native fowl.

Golden Dragon ( Princess Naldo) or Lola Young as what my cousins fondly call her, was at my farm sometime in the middle nineties.....she saw my Zamboanga Whites. Been out of touch with Princess Naldo for sometime now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guardia civil View Post
    lakay yours is 1/2 ZW 1/2 Dan Gray RH. My tatang is breeding a pure one x Chet/ZW/Cuban- i'll reserve some pullets for you.
    Thanks lakay. I`m imagining the outcome of a ZW cross to a cuban/asil hmmm specially the white pullets you showed me. I can`t imagine the power and cutting of those offspring of that mating..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigfeather View Post
    i still have the zamboanga white fowl line that mayor manny dalipe gave to the late gen. wally carbonnel. the general handed the fowls to his brother matt carbonnel, ninong matt then shared the fowls to me and to GBAP president Osmond Lambino.

tito Osmond is still breeding and winning with it to date. While yours trully has blended the Zamboanga White with my Lacy Roundheads and Boston Roundheads.

dennis fajardo
    Hi there Mr. Fajardo,

From the 2 videos that Mr. guardia civil posted above, it looks like those ZW's are just medium stationed birds. Don't know if yours has the same or similar station but if they are, are you infusing the Roundheads to bring up station of your battle fowls from this combination? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Zamboanga White

dennis : hi good looking ! how's the family?
    I try to veer away from old and new zw
    thread... full of intrigas...
    am now more known as chinarose.

by the way... I met tony kalbo... he tells me
    you have ducatis... I love motorcycles reminds
    me of my younger days when I used to go
    biking with the lasalista fotbol players... can
    you pm me about your ducatis...

tiny m... sorry not with the ateneo fotbol players.
    ... so darling oooops baka may magalit... when can dennis f.
    and I go see you at your farm... no joke set the date... I will bring
    another la sallista (baldo) and maybe a bedista (sergs c.)

thanks guys for the use of the thread.
    to all: my avatar is a two year old 'pure' zw.
    to see full images of the same bird go to chit
    chat zw thread pages 91 and 93. thanks again.

Last edited by ChinaRose; February 29th, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
    " one life time is not enough to learn about
    gamefowl breeding". it is like a vast universe
    what can come out will never cease to amaze us".

Post Thanks / Like

@filamex, my zambo whites are medium to high station. i added the lacy blood to add more acrobatics in the air. zamboanga whites are still deadly accurate. i still have to update the win loss record of the boston vs zambo white blend from my regular buyers.

@ princess naldo (lola young) family is ok, have not seen cousins for sometime also. been very busy with the farm and motorcycling. i am assisting our club with the upcoming superbike races this april 2012...... racing was suspended last year due to the fatal accident that has befallen our number one national rider.

tony kalbo made a quick cash during the shooting of the "bourne legacy" most of his bikes were used during the shoot.

how are your zamboanga whites doing?

btw.....the new callsign " china rose" i like better.... sounds mysterious plus seductive... :-)
    Last edited by bigfeather; February 29th, 2012 at 11:02 AM.

20. Thanks GoldenDragon thanked for this post
    Likes GoldenDragon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello China, or should I say darling? Hehehe. After our big 40th event my wife and I hosted around 81 balikbayans for another 15 days or so from Makati to Anvaya Cove, to Tagaytay and places in between. Got sick, had surgery, now recovering. Presently under house arrest by a higher house authority! Until fully well.

I really want to invite for a farm day out the old Barkada to share more "fun and tall stories" about gamefowl. Soonest I am well. Hey, many good La Salle boys, Baldo is an example! The Zamboanga White, good stories behind. Was unbeatable for about 7 years. Pero nasusian. The key was found to the lock. The ZW was strong in the air. The Sweater is strong both in the air and on the ground. Tapos ang Zambo! Breeding more. Selecting for higher station, selecting for performance. Will take a little while, but should get to top contender soon enough. Fight more. Much more to get consistency of produce. Then red flag, face them all!

Hast a la pasta!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi mam princess!

TINY : Hi sir tiny, I don't think Mayor Dalipe still has the whites, we were just together a few days ago at the NFGB President's meeting and he says he focused more on the breeding of the blacks..

But i saw a picture of his farm recently and saw some white cocks corded, he says they aren't of the old zamboanga blood.

Post Thanks / Like

... Got sick, had surgery, now recovering. Presently under house arrest by a higher house authority! Until fully well
    Pagaling ka kaagad Sir TAM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Mobster View Post
    Just asking your opinion whether Zamboanga White can still win?
    ZAMBOANGA WHITE; STILL WINNING...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks RAK. Archangel, thanks for the info.

If you guys know of anybody else with a good pure White Zambo, please let me know. Might be good to tinker with the bloodline. One good trio would be enough. Stay well, guys! hasta la pasta!

Post Thanks / Like

Who originated the Zamboanga White? Anyone know the history of it? Can it blend well with white kelso?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tiny, get well soon! things happened so fast huh? you were stronger than an ox at Roligon recently :-) just get back to your healthy and hearty self asap - you still have too many projects in life to get bogged down by anything! all the best sir!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigfeather View Post
    @filamex, my zambo whites are medium to high station. i added the lacy blood to add more acrobatics in the air. zamboanga whites are still deadly accurate. i still have to update the win loss record of the boston vs zambo white blend from my regular buyers.)
    Thanks Mr. Fajardo. Yeah, no doubt about their cutting ability as seen in those two videos posted above by sir guardia civil. They surely make a gaffer look soo gooood. Anyway, when you said that you have regular buyers, is it only them that can get/buy your battle fowls.? Just wondering if you're also offering
    them to other cockers.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Princess Naldo would be the only real good source of these old time zamboanga whites that made waves before.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeb, kulang Lang sa himas!

My White Slim fowl are White Kelsos. Slim said his Reds and Whites belong to the same family. Fooling around, I bred a very awkwardly tall Thai rooster over a white Slim hen. The appearance looks weirdly akward, but boy, can they hit! A 5 inch blade would look normal carry for them. Hehehe. I have two brothers that I will fight soon. Sometimes one lucks out! Well, if I had a Zambo right now, I may have a few hens of Oriental bloodlines that can continue the experimentation. I may be wrong but the Zambos I saw and held before were a bit fine boned. Baka madaling mabalian? Oriental blood will cure that pronto. Anyway, all in good time. Stay well and keep them angry birds crowing!

Post Thanks / Like

i have a half blood zambo white cross all four brothers win and one is damage toe his toe he cant stand anymore i got to the husband of my cousin is a winning line the one i make line breed...

Post Thanks / Like

There you go! Zambo-Asil cross! Let's try this some more. Breed many. Select carefully. Fight many, select from winners. Breed on from winning combination, and compete!

Sikat na naman ang paborito ni China!

Stay well. And keep them crowing!