Thread: Farm Security Measures

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Farm Security Measures

hey, i was just kidding about the two shifts. lol
    now i have to look for 2 dogs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nightcap View Post
    Please share some pictures, links, and other informations regarding the security measures you have taken in your farm. this might include electric fences, booby traps, cctv, plants surrounding your lot, lights, etc.
    Nightcap sorry to hijacked your thread a little bit with the dog pictures. But seriously I think electric fences and booby trap can get you in to trouble in the US. That's big lawsuit if someone get hurt.

I'll probably go with a cctv with night vision capability and able to record the video. You can also use a light with motion detector and siren with motion detector. But all this can cost a lot of money depending on how big the property.

Also IMHO I believe everyone should be able to defend thier life and property if needed. Maybe a small won't be a bad idea. I was gonna post a picture of mine but I'm not sure if they allow it in here.

Post Thanks / Like

We have picket fence all around & Surveillance cameras on every corner & some on spots on the middle yard..You get to see just about who comes in or out..But since you can't be in front of the monitors all day,dogs with substitude for the extra eye,,but then again if your not home dogs won't help much if a well known person can go through the dogs..So best be on watch for Known Visitors & the inner circle as well...T.Fowl

Post Thanks / Like

there is another thread on here to where they are asking for a man fighter.

How about a few of those with verry sharp spurs. leave them in the pens that get hit by the thiefs the most. hahahah then he would be calling you for help!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevinos-Fowl View Post
    We have picket fence all around & Surveillance cameras on every corner & some on spots on the middle yard..You get to see just about who comes in or out..But since you can't be in front of the monitors all day,dogs with substitude for the extra eye,,but then again if your not home dogs won't help much if a well known person can go through the dogs..So best be on watch for Known Visitors & the inner circle as well...T.Fowl
    Its funny you say that. from stories that i have heard, its mostly someone you know really well. someone close to you.
    My uncle had all his birds stolen and it was by one of the guys that worked with him. they even went to the derbys together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevinos-Fowl View Post
    That's true most of the security we put only act as deterant for a would be burglar. That's why I like the camera that can record the video that way you can rewind it and hopefully get a good picture of who stole from you. And most people tend to get out as fast as they can when they hear a loud siren going off lol...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyRN1971 View Post
    I could put a pic of my dad on here. He is my security where my fowl are. He is a 76 year old bitter, hard of hearing old man that just loves confrontation...he walks around the place with a pistol on his hip just like it was 1882 Tombstone Arizona LOL......
    LOL sounds like me I dont sleep much anymore dont see in the dark very well so tote a Shotgun with 3 inch mag turkey loads and shoot at the darkest spots most nights make 2-3rounds if am up or out there quick if chicken hollers most time possum but coons too and got gametrail cameras up so know we got grey and red fox bobcat and Coyote they run the creek behind the house. I got Bucking cattle they help as will get anything big as a small dog including people. Got a picture of one of the cows in the chicken yard lookin pissed off Which is normal for her cows are worst than the bull.They got out once cops showed up but wouldnt go out and try and put them back in as the cows wouldnt let them-lol- I walked out opened the gate and they went right in but am not stupid kept my eye on them the whole time and close to the fence as the cops had them riled up..
    Last edited by j007; March 10th, 2012 at 08:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j007 View Post
    LOL sounds like me I dont sleep much anymore dont see in the dark very well so tote a Shotgun with 3 inch mag turkey loads and shoot at the darkest spots most nights make 2-3rounds if am up or out there quick if chicken hollers most time possum but coons too and got gametrail cameras up so know we got grey and red fox bobcat and Coyote they run the creek behind the house. I got Bucking cattle they help as will get anything big as a small dog including people. Got a picture of one of the cows in the chicken yard lookin pissed off Which is normal for her cows are worst than the bull.They got out once cops showed up but wouldnt go out and try and put them back in as the cows wouldnt let them-lol- I walked out opened the gate and they went right in but am not stupid kept my eye on them the whole time and close to the fence as the cops had them riled up..
    2-3 rounds will sure make them think twice about trespassing in your property.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=zvinzonz;4044962]
    Quote Originally Posted by ums94 View Post

he's asleep sitting with his jaw on the coffee table
    Looks like he was up all night watching the birds...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chip001 View Post
    there is another thread on here to where they are asking for a man fighter.

How about a few of those with verry sharp spurs. leave them in the pens that get hit by the thiefs the most. hahahah then he would be calling you for help!!!!
    That's what I use to do. Get some mean ass manfighters from friends and put one on each corner of the cord area one on each end of my coops with a big ole warning sign that read "TRESSPASSERS WILL BE SHOT AND IF YOUR STILL MOVING, I'LL SHOOT YOU AGAIN!' Worked for a good long time until they actually stole the man fighters and the dam sign...true story....lol

Post Thanks / Like

Had a friend that had some of his fowl stolen every night when he went to work! So he decided to have a friend of his drive his car one night the same time he usually leaves for work. Before that, he and a few of us hid in certain areas around his yard hoping to catch the thief! A few hours later, we saw two guys climbing over his wire fence, we waited for them to get the birds and right before they could get away my friend turned on the lights around his yard a few seconds before turning on the lights the only thing these fools could hear were several shotguns being cocked and loaded! They almost s@#t in their pants when the lights turned on and saw several shotguns pointed directly at them! What made their situations worse was, they were old friends of ours and that just made our blood boil even more! They're still alive but now they both know how it feels to be tied in a fly pen with a mean ass man fighter!!!!! They never stole from anyone again!

12. Likes avalos1991 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zvinzonz View Post
    2-3 rounds will sure make them think twice about trespassing in your property.
    So not to be waste time on my rounds I move cocks around for singlematings and collect eggs as I got older have trouble sleeping rare get to sleep all night Still loose some to varmints as got so many varmints but could be alot worst.-Jim

Post Thanks / Like

My reason=== if we kill someone because of our chickens, then we should stop breeding. Control your temper we are just playing in our sport.

Its just chickens compared to human lives.

So the conclusion add a guard at night, problem solve.

ONE MAN opinyon BINGKING
    Last edited by bingking/bmfarm; March 11th, 2012 at 05:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

everyone here is free to express their own opinion, much like me expressing my opinion.

it is my opinion that the world is better off if some people cease to exist. im not a rich guy, but whatever i have, i busted my ass off in order to get. might be a strong opinion, but if someone wants to take that away from me by force, then i will use force to defend it against them.

~~~~

on another note, i agree with what Mr Tiny Meneses posted. might be a good idea sharing some of my fowls to neighbors, should stop would-be robbers and make friend in the process.
    Last edited by nightcap; March 11th, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nightcap View Post
    everyone here is free to express their own opinion, much like me expressing my opinion.

it is my opinion that the world is better off if some people cease to exist. im not a rich guy, but whatever i have, i busted my ass off in order to get. might be a strong opinion, but if someone wants to take that away from me by force, then i will use force to defend it against them.

~~~~

on another note, i agree with what Mr Tiny Meneses posted. might be a good idea sharing some of my fowls to neighbors, should stop would-be robbers and make friend in the process.
    I totally agree! The world can be a better place with certain individuals cease to exist. We work to hard to care for our fowl then have some fool or bunch of fools totally disrespect our hard work and steal our fowl. Chicken thieves is one of the reason I stop raising fowl for a while and now that I am starting back again I feel sorry for the fool the tries it again! I fenced my yard, built some sturdy pen's and have done what I could to deter thieves from my yard even putting up no trespassing and guard dog on duty signs around the perimeter of my yard. Looking for a good camera system next! I refuse to be sympathetic with thieves of any kind.The sooner we get rid of them the better! Just my honest opinion on the matter!

Post Thanks / Like

What if they steal 30 and up corded roosters? thats unfair... A farm near me was intruded by a group of chicken robbers entered the main gate with firearms and shooting one of the farm boys, complete with there getaway van...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoFa View Post
    What if they steal 30 and up corded roosters? thats unfair... A farm near me was intruded by a group of chicken robbers entered the main gate with firearms and shooting one of the farm boys, complete with there getaway van...
    where is the location of the incident? thanks

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Good Dogs, Good fences, good gates at entrys, good cameras and posted signs. And a bad reputation all helps.LOL
    Another thing, When visitors come, let them know that you need to go in your yard first to contain your dog. Put them on a chain or in a pen when visiters are there. Sometimes you need to tell a little white lie. Like don't go near the dog he is over protective.
    Last edited by southernX; July 11th, 2018 at 09:01 PM.

20. Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sucess gamefarm View Post
    one of my secirity measures is not telling people my location and a good reputation many people know i wasnt always a good guy and can and will chop youre fingers off if i find out you steel my fowl. probly even put one in youre leg if you try to run from me.
    Here here but now Born Again Bible Believing Christian. I donít chop fingers anymore lol

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you 100%. I f I catch a thief or thieves I will skin them....

23. Likes Al Sanchez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Guardians you'll find nothing gets by day or night! Couple Geese & a Donkey or 2 & varmints 2 legged 4 are out there cause these guards ain't scared of much & can wake the dead hollering & chasing em lol the trail cams will tell you who they were on there way out hahaha

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

25. Thanks Al Sanchez thanked for this post
    Likes Al Sanchez, Krackers Koop liked this post