Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

  1. #1
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    I read somewhere that the books written by frank shy - naragansett - pardon if spelling is wrong - are available on this forum. i tried the search feature but could not get any feedback on his conditioning method. if anyone can post how to get to the file, or better still post a link, i would much appreciate it.

    I already tried the library but they don't seem to be there. i used to have a pamphlet of his natural conditioning method - and his views played a major role in the formative years of my cockfighting. i would love to hear views from readers familiar with his books/publications and regarding his conditioning method in particular. Those who have tried it - and whether you like or dislike the results.

    thanks all!

    moderators if this is a duplicate - just point me to the right direction or merge it with the prior thread. thanks!

  2. #2
    Member deedly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method


  3. #3
    Member nicogamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    as per below my multiply site you can red or download the conditioning method of frank shy.



    http://sting123.multiply.com/journal/item/10

  4. #4
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Thanks Deedly and Nico, the article was easy to copy!

    Hve you tried the suggested keep? Feeding all the way to the sparring?

  5. #5
    Member nicogamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    i did not 100% follow all the steps but its saves me a lot and understand me that branded feeds is not necessary to used in conditioning or breeding to be successful in this field.

    I have also the ( the best of naraganssett ) that become my giude in this field.

  6. #6
    Member nicogamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    A Look At The Entries And Scores

    Narragansett 7-2. Awfully strong red fowl, all closely related, which cut deep and could pick up a lot of steel without weakening. Bred, heeled and handled by the owner; conditioned by the veteran, Joseph Cayer, who put up the Narragansett fowl for many seasons over 30 years ago. Another instance of this being “Old timer’s” day. The two stags used in the fight-off matches were bred from a pure old time Herbert Atkinson cock sent by a friend in England, over a regular Narragansett hen.
    Tucwest 6-3. Powerful fowl which looked to be a pound larger than their opponents. A combination of old time Whitehackle and some superb Murphy blood of several years ago. Hard smashers which could drop an opponent with one stroke at any time.
    Murphy 5-3. Great fighting red stags which were unlucky enough to catch two killing shots in the first few seconds of milling, one from Onet, the other from Narragansett. Otherwise they might have taken it all. Conditioned and handled by the well known Heinie Mathesius. Was out front in their last fightoff match until their stag caught a deep one.
    Onet 4-3. About the sharpest cutting stags on the ground. Mostly red roundheads. No opponent emerged from a bout with these stags without being carved up plenty. Extremely game.
    McHugh 3-4. His usual line of Kearney’s, conditioned and handled by the respected Eddie Rodger. Just not their day, but good enough to knock out Narragansett in the top weight of the tournament to throw the event into a 3-way tie.
    Harry Parr 3-4. Most grey fowl with an occasional red or pyle colored bird. Spotty. Some extremely good, others not so good. It’s difficult to judge from the outside, since so many things can affect a stags performance on any given occasion, just as it is with race horses.
    Basking Ridge 2-5. Black eyed, dark legged, brown red fowl. The slickest looking stags on the place, but could not cut deep enough or stand up against their harder smashing opponents.

  7. #7
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Quote Originally Posted by nicogamefarm View Post
    i did not 100% follow all the steps but its saves me a lot and understand me that branded feeds is not necessary to used in conditioning or breeding to be successful in this field.

    I have also the ( the best of naraganssett ) that become my giude in this field.
    Hi nico can you also post a link to the best of naraganssett? Thanks in advance sir!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Camarines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    3,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Frank "Narragansett" Shy keep
    and
    Hugh Norman Keep

    attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #9
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Thanks Camarines! I already copy pasted both keeps and will digest both soon. Im trying to collect all keeps and bind them for reference in my conditioning camp. I gave my copy of TJTs book to a friend. So ill need to look for another book or a soft copy of the keep schedule summary.
    Thanks again for the links. I hope others can read and appreciate them too.

  10. #10
    Member nicogamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    i love to share the best of naragansett but only hard copy that i have. but i will try to scan and download to multiply. thanks
    Last edited by nicogamefarm; March 22nd, 2012 at 06:56 AM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Camarines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    3,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    Thanks Camarines! I already copy pasted both keeps and will digest both soon. Im trying to collect all keeps and bind them for reference in my conditioning camp. I gave my copy of TJTs book to a friend. So ill need to look for another book or a soft copy of the keep schedule summary.
    Thanks again for the links. I hope others can read and appreciate them too.
    Countyline and Mike Strecker's are also good keep to compile for your training camp.

  12. #12
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Thanks Sir! Maybe we could also develop a modern day version of frank shy's great ideas eg a simple day by day step outline process of what that keep would be like.

    I was particularly enamored by his great emphasis on making the rooster very comfortable with humans and the handler in partcular. This along with sex as a testosterone production stimulating activity have been my simple guiding principles in enhancing the birds territorial instincts and "will to kill". But it would be nice to develop a best practice keep using Narraganssetts and other experts eg Norman, TJT, Biboys, Countyline, Strecker Etc etc and if anything interesting comes up, we can actually do experiments and document results. Much like a clinical trial :-) maybe some of our friends in this forum can learn a few things or two - i surely would love to learn more. Hve fun everyone!

    Keep posting the keeps you like and lets see where we can go with this. Maybe i should change the thread name to be inclusive of the other keeps but i still dont know how to edit the title.
    Last edited by jailbird; March 22nd, 2012 at 07:05 AM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Camarines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    3,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    Thanks Sir! Maybe we could also develop a modern day version of frank shy's great ideas eg a simple day by day step outline process of what that keep would be like.

    I was particularly enamored by his great emphasis on making the rooster very comfortable with humans and the handler in partcular. This along with sex as a testosterone production stimulating activity have been my simple guiding principles in enhancing the birds territorial instincts and "will to kill". But it would be nice to develop a best practice keep using Narraganssetts and other experts eg Norman, TJT, Biboys, Countyline, Strecker Etc etc and if anything interesting comes up, we can actually do experiments and document results. Much like a clinical trial :-) maybe some of our friends in this forum can learn a few things or two - i surely would love to learn more. Hve fun everyone!

    Keep posting the keeps you like and lets see where we can go with this. Maybe i should change the thread name to be inclusive of the other keeps but i still dont know how to edit the title.
    I digitally recorded on audio Hugh Norman's Keep and Harry Parr's and have them on compact disc. I also kept the file on an old Napster MP3 player but can only use the file if I connect it to the computer.

    Audio recording the keep is a good way to learn as you can continuously play the recording and can rewind to the part you miss.

  14. #14
    Moderator Falkor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Southern MO
    Posts
    959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    I enjoyed reading both of those keeps. I can really relate with Frank Shy and his method. A physically and mentally healthy bird trumps everything in my opinion. A good bond with your rooster, and a happy, alert, healthy and confident rooster is way better than an overworked, stressed out, drug filled manic rooster. Thanks Camarines, they have been added to my ever growing archive.
    Last edited by Falkor; March 22nd, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
    “As long as the Almighty permitted intelligent men, created in his image and likeness, to fight in public and kill each other while the world looks on approvingly, it’s not for me to deprive the chickens of the same privilege.”
    – Abraham Lincoln


    http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/search.php?searchid=31440

  15. #15
    Member nicogamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    naragansett ( frank shy ) help me to learned in a right way.

    like the importance of GOOD CONSTITUTION as per mention in the book of frank shy that Mr. Hatch principle in having his cock game is that his hatch cock have good constitutions. mean big hearth. big lungs, big gizzard.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Camarines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    3,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    narragansett keep posted by redzone on post #57 on this thread link
    http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/showt...gansett&page=2

  17. #17
    Member shuaijan 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    guys need your help. how can i get to post my avatar or logo here? thanks a lot

  18. #18
    Senior Member gaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,234
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarines View Post
    Frank "Narragansett" Shy keep
    and
    Hugh Norman Keep

    attached.
    Thanks for posting the Hugh Norman keep. I found it particularly interesting how he chooses a healthy bird. There is a lot to consider before you start. Good info for beginners.
    Yfis.

  19. #19
    Senior Member kywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    998
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    good,healthy,natural roosters can overcome alot an win.theres nothing like having a show up that are always healthy an active,allways alert,never have a bad day type roosters...........they can sure make you look like a feeder

  20. #20
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Seems like one common denominator among the greatest conditioners is health and selecting for it. The detailed scrutiny of the head, skin, feathers - and how the environment may affect this artificially provide such great insight.

    Much like beauty from within, power is also similarly sourced. It seems like the very first step for proper conditioning is

    1. Selection - by qualifying birds at their present state of physical, mental and seasonal HEALTH to enter the conditioning keep. Heavily laced with an intimate knowledge of the birds history.

    Please do add on everyone - lets see how we can distill these great keeps into one practical doable system.
    Last edited by jailbird; March 23rd, 2012 at 06:39 AM.

  21. #21
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Quote Originally Posted by nicogamefarm View Post
    i did not 100% follow all the steps but its saves me a lot and understand me that branded feeds is not necessary to used in conditioning or breeding to be successful in this field.

    I have also the ( the best of naraganssett ) that become my giude in this field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camarines View Post
    I digitally recorded on audio Hugh Norman's Keep and Harry Parr's and have them on compact disc. I also kept the file on an old Napster MP3 player but can only use the file if I connect it to the computer.

    Audio recording the keep is a good way to learn as you can continuously play the recording and can rewind to the part you miss.
    Sir Camarines, can we abuse you by requesting a post of the audio files?
    Also of the County Line and Strecker keeps? And im sure you will have some distilled thoughts alread from studying those keeps intently.

    I am sure hundreds Would appreciate a brief outline we can all work on. When you have the time sir! Thanks thanks thanks!
    Last edited by jailbird; March 23rd, 2012 at 07:01 AM.

  22. #22
    Senior Member Camarines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    3,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    Sir Camarines, can we abuse you by requesting a post of the audio files?
    Also of the County Line and Strecker keeps? And im sure you will have some distilled thoughts alread from studying those keeps intently.

    I am sure hundreds Would appreciate a brief outline we can all work on. When you have the time sir! Thanks thanks thanks!
    Can't upload a .wav file on this site. I had it on multiple at one time but deleted it. As for the Mike Strecker Keep, I have a picture file .jpg and .doc file downloadable at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/zambalescockers/

    Here it is also on the old thread about keep at this website the Countyline and Mike Strecker Keep http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=40475
    Last edited by Camarines; March 23rd, 2012 at 07:28 AM.

  23. #23
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Quote Originally Posted by Camarines View Post
    Can't upload a .wav file on this site. I had it on multiple at one time but deleted it. As for the Mike Strecker Keep, I have a picture file .jpg and .doc file downloadable at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/zambalescockers/

    Here it is also on the old thread about keep at this website the Countyline and Mike Strecker Keep http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=40475

    Hi Guys, i downloaded the Strecker conditioning from the files sir camarines posted and compiled them all into one file. I hope it attaches correctly so that you can just download ONE FILE here with all the pages complete from 1-30.

    Thanks sir camarines!
    Attached Files Attached Files

  24. #24
    Senior Member Camarines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    3,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    Hi Guys, i downloaded the Strecker conditioning from the files sir camarines posted and compiled them all into one file. I hope it attaches correctly so that you can just download ONE FILE here with all the pages complete from 1-30.

    Thanks sir camarines!
    You're welcome. ACE Bookstore sells this keep for $25.00. I got it free from a friend.

  25. #25
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Aw shucks! I uploaded the file with my laptop. Now i cant open it with the ipad :-(( anyway sirs, what would you consider as the next step after choosing a healthy specimen? Assming we already have our candidate for the conditioning keep based on the suggested selection criteria, what do you think should be step two andthen step 3?

  26. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    I'M a beginner, can you please post about breeding, proper selection of stocks. Thnx.

  27. #27
    Senior Member jailbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paranaque
    Posts
    4,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Hi nurse there are a lot of threads on breeding and threads on just about anything. I reco you go to the chicken knives thread it has a lot of info

  28. #28
    Senior Member Camarines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    3,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Quote Originally Posted by nurse101 View Post
    I'M a beginner, can you please post about breeding, proper selection of stocks. Thnx.
    Buy the book by Mr. M. L. Fernando. It's very cheap and lots of good information. I also recommend the book by Dr. Teddy Tanchanco for Conditioning. Cannot beat 400 pesos for the price. Easily would sell for $25.00 in the U.S.

  29. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Eastern Visayas
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: naragansett - frank shy - natural conditioning method

    Merry Christmas And Happy New Year...

Similar Threads

  1. Natural condition method translation
    By cobra28 in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: October 26th, 2012, 06:37 PM
  2. Natural conditioning
    By Rogelio Monzon in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: November 9th, 2011, 12:08 AM
  3. Natural Conditioning and Pointing Method DVD
    By kamax in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 18th, 2011, 06:29 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: July 3rd, 2007, 02:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •