Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: to make it legal again????

Post Thanks / Like

to make it legal again????

What are you willing to do to make it legal in the states again?Would you spend $1?An hour?would you gather a group of people and brain storm all the ideas,cull thru them and pick the best ones?would you work those ideas like your money fight in the drag,rye-necked,rattled and coupled-but still breaking the count?
    A $1 would be very little considering the gain as would an hour.I plot and plan often on the things that could be done legally to legalize this sport,but I am always looking for new ideas.What's up brothers?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: to make it legal again????

How about one of my fellow cockers buy a mega millions ticket and use a small portion to help change the law.500 million oughta be able to do something.................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samiyam007 View Post
    How about one of my fellow cockers buy a mega millions ticket and use a small portion to help change the law.500 million oughta be able to do something.................
    I bought 1 ticket yesterday, If I win it I pledge 20 million for the cause..

Post Thanks / Like

As long as we don't lose hope , unite and work together we got a chance !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I got my mega millions tickets too and if I win I'll pledge 20 million for the cause!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It should always be: "When I win..." not if...GOOD LUCK!

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of things can be done to help the cause. But I believe that the first step is that the various organizations that pushed to make it Illegal in the firs place , need to be exposed for what they are and ultimatly shut down. People need to realize that They will never stop at just Cockfighting. We can all start by educating everyone who will listen.
    Hope you guys all win the Lottery

Post Thanks / Like

i got four tickets when i win im throwin 20 mil on it

Post Thanks / Like

Work hard for your Sons to become a future presidents or law makers......cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

It boils down to money and the right arguements. We have been fighting little battles in each state when in fact we really need to pour a bunch of money into 1 State and get the ball rolling from there.

When the opposition pushed to make it illegal, they focused efforts on one state and the others fell.

The same would probably hold true for us. If we focus several million on 1 State first, we would have a much better chance than trying to fight off all of these little battles in the other states.

It is all about money and being organized. I don't see anyone organized at this point. I have a great lobbyist that is on our side and have been in talks with him about this very subject. It is a matter of money and it is hard to get any money out of anyone.

If we could get 100 people to donate $100.00 a month, we could have a full time lobbyist in at least 2 states. It takes 2 to 4 years to push legislation through and that is if you have a lot of support.

There are 3 States that I believe we would have potential success.

If anyone is very serious about trying to help organize an effort and would like to meet the lobbyist that I have mentioned, pm me.

It would go something like this:

You would want to gather a group of people in your area that share our goal to make Gamecock Harvesting legal again.

You would pool money to either send a Representative out here or better yet fly the lobbyist out to you.

Keep in mind. The goal would be to focus efforts on 1 or 2 States first and this would not be a short term mission. It will cost you money. If you have a dozen or 2 dozen guys that can commit to helping fund a cause then I believe you would have a good start.

Most people have been beaten down so bad they feel there is no hope. I can assure you it is possible. My lobbyist passed a bill that nobody ever thought possible regarding a civil rights cause.
    Last edited by Laborerkennels; March 31st, 2012 at 08:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

First and foremost we must become united and focus all attention to our cause. no more hair brained,fly by night schemes as there have been in the past. Everything need to be above board,no backroom meetings or agreements. We must also concentrate on exposing the lies of our enemies and how the general public has been duped by them for so many years. Finally we must realize that this will not happen overnight,but it can happen. We need to use the same tatics that our enemies used against us.....take baby steps. We need to remove the felony status down to misdemeanor and then work on getting the misdemeanor removed in favor of legality. There may even be some states that can be made legal without the baby step process. We also could make the public aware how much revenue is brought in such as in feed and supply purchases,motels,food,gas,etc.

Mark Marsh

Post Thanks / Like

The worst thing you can do is educate the public, that just never works out as the bulk of voting general public lives in the urban populated centers and could give a plug nickel for our rural interests,,,,
    Now i'll agree that a need for exposing our nemesis actions and agenda against us, does exist and that sensitive point of attack is related to actual percentage of benefits animals receive as to whats collected and also have also felt a conflict of interest has developed with their campaign contributions to most all Attorney Generals offices,,,,BRK

Post Thanks / Like

Well its already illegal written passed and sighned..... Well its not illegal to breed your fowl for breeding purposes so let's see they made it illegal cause of the ending of the fight the bird is dead..well why cant we just put gloves on are fowl have tournaments with state officials who are trained to watch and score and were the winner isn't adobo at the end of the fight. Just a thought boxing has been around for years the state governor is at ring side watching this woould be the case if are fowl were trained to do battle for rounds were they could when multiple fights and the ending case would be that for us the breeder would be able to raise fowl for a very long time not only we would be televised payper view fights maybe even mandalay bay would sponser a big event ...lol...just a dream just want to be able to breed for as long as I'm alive ....yfis tysongreys.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laborerkennels View Post
    It boils down to money and the right arguements. We have been fighting little battles in each state when in fact we really need to pour a bunch of money into 1 State and get the ball rolling from there.

When the opposition pushed to make it illegal, they focused efforts on one state and the others fell.

The same would probably hold true for us. If we focus several million on 1 State first, we would have a much better chance than trying to fight off all of these little battles in the other states.

It is all about money and being organized. I don't see anyone organized at this point. I have a great lobbyist that is on our side and have been in talks with him about this very subject. It is a matter of money and it is hard to get any money out of anyone.

If we could get 100 people to donate $100.00 a month, we could have a full time lobbyist in at least 2 states. It takes 2 to 4 years to push legislation through and that is if you have a lot of support.

If anyone is very serious about trying to help organize an effort and would like to meet the lobbyist that I have mentioned, pm me.

You would want to gather a group of people in your area that share our goal to make Gamecock Harvesting legal again.

You would pool money to either send a Representative out here or better yet fly the lobbyist out to you.

Keep in mind. The goal would be to focus efforts on 1 or 2 States first and this would not be a short term mission. It will cost you money. If you have a dozen or 2 dozen guys that can commit to helping fund a cause then I believe you would have a good start.

Most people have been beaten down so bad they feel there is no hope. I can assure you it is possible. My lobbyist passed a bill that nobody ever thought possible regarding a civil rights cause.
    i agree with you sir i think we can start with alabama because the punishment is less than some of the other states or with louisiana because it was the last to shut down

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarshButcher View Post
    First and foremost we must become united and focus all attention to our cause. no more hair brained,fly by night schemes as there have been in the past. Everything need to be above board,no backroom meetings or agreements. We must also concentrate on exposing the lies of our enemies and how the general public has been duped by them for so many years. Finally we must realize that this will not happen overnight,but it can happen. We need to use the same tatics that our enemies used against us.....take baby steps. We need to remove the felony status down to misdemeanor and then work on getting the misdemeanor removed in favor of legality. There may even be some states that can be made legal without the baby step process. We also could make the public aware how much revenue is brought in such as in feed and supply purchases,motels,food,gas,etc.

Mark Marsh
    I agree with you on above board. We need a no compromise system. A friend of mine runs a Pro-Gun lobby and he will not attend events that Senators invite him too, because most lobbyists fall into a "Stock Holm Syndrome" where they become sensitive to their captures.

As far as exposing the lies, I agree with you but with a spin. We expose the lies and expose the State Reps. and Senators that support such lies and do that publicly.

I also agree with baby steps. That is why I think we need to focus on 1 or 2 States at a time. This does 2 things. For one, our money is focused in one spot and 2 it sets the ground work for movement to progress in other states.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownred kelso View Post
    The worst thing you can do is educate the public, that just never works out as the bulk of voting general public lives in the urban populated centers and could give a plug nickel for our rural interests,,,,
    Now i'll agree that a need for exposing our nemesis actions and agenda against us, does exist and that sensitive point of attack is related to actual percentage of benefits animals receive as to whats collected and also have also felt a conflict of interest has developed with their campaign contributions to most all Attorney Generals offices,,,,BRK
    Our nemesis is being exposed and people in the right positions our paying attention: http://www.norfolkdailynews.com/news...a4bcf6878.html

Gov. Heineman also attends grade schools in Nebraska and explains who the H.$.U.$ is.

Idaho and Nebraska are 2 states that have taken the gloves off when it comes to the H.$.U.$ Idaho just pushed through an amendment to their constitution that guarantees the rights of Idahoans to Hunt, Fish, and Trap as part of the inaliable rights. That legislation was put in place based on the attacks that Idhao has recieved the the loss of jobs that were depleted by the Wolf population.

The Wolf issue has woken up sportsmen, the spay and neuter laws have woken up dog breeders, the horse slaughter industry was shattered but recently was victorious in overturning the ban on slaughtering horses. It has been a slow process, but the enemy is being exposed and the rural States that rely on animal agriculture are now very aware. Now is a good time to start talking to Reps. and Senators in certain States.
    Last edited by Laborerkennels; March 31st, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El ace View Post
    i agree with you sir i think we can start with alabama because the punishment is less than some of the other states or with louisiana because it was the last to shut down
    I am for trying it in any State as long as we are organized. Most guys want to talk about it, but when it boils down to dollars and cents they won't do crap.

I will donate 100 bucks a month or more personally, but I am only 1 guy.

I have zero faith in the UGBA. It is not in their by-laws and they are not a lobby that can help us.

In the past we did not have allies. Today, I believe we have allies in Sportsmen, the horse slaughtering industry, and even a few State Reps. and Senators in a few States.

Post Thanks / Like

KY is the state ,,,lost of common sense people here ,,, that know what roots and true hearitage means,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO the more our sport stays out of the spotlight so to speak the better off we are. People will always have pre-conceived notions about our sport and they will also steriotype all of us who participate. The largest majority of gamefowl owners are located within the "Bible Belt" and that will make it much harder to for legalization. If we could dismantle our biggest opposition's, the activist groups, that would be our first and largest step. But without unity among the fraternity of gamefowl owners we will never stand a chance in winning our battles to preserve our sport and lifestyle. The lifestyle of rural America, as we know it, is being changed dramatically on a daily basis and will one day it will be just another part of American history. The largest majority of power, money, and political influence in American comes from all the large cities and urban America. It's so sad but true that they are controlling the lifestyle of all Americans based on their own thoughts and opinions and most of them will never have any understanding or experience of our way of life in rural America. Its my opinion that the demise of the activist groups will give us the chance to stay out of the "spotlight" and it's in our best interest to try and stay "under the radar", so to speak, and just be left alone to do what we love. That would be a major accomplishment for our sport. This is all just my honest opinion!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Our nemesis is being exposed and people in the right positions our paying attention: http://www.norfolkdailynews.com/news...a4bcf6878.html

Gov. Heineman also attends grade schools in Nebraska and explains who the H.$.U.$ is.

Idaho and Nebraska are 2 states that have taken the gloves off when it comes to the H.$.U.$ Idaho just pushed through an amendment to their constitution that guarantees the rights of Idahoans to Hunt, Fish, and Trap as part of the inaliable rights. That legislation was put in place based on the attacks that Idhao has recieved the the loss of jobs that were depleted by the Wolf population.

The Wolf issue has woken up sportsmen, the spay and neuter laws have woken up dog breeders, the horse slaughter industry was shattered but recently was victorious in overturning the ban on slaughtering horses. It has been a slow process, but the enemy is being exposed and the rural States that rely on animal agriculture are now very aware. Now is a good time to start talking to Reps. and Senators in certain States.
    I wish that was true but it's not. Idaho just passed a felony bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownred kelso View Post
    How wrong you are educating the public. I have actually educated retired Sheriffs on gamefowl. It was several years ago we was having a big 4th of July celebration. He showed up with a friend of my wife's husband. We got to talking and he asked about my chickens. I told him they was show fowl. He wanted to look at them. Then he asked who was I trying to BS. He said they are gamefowl. Then he said people make them fight. I told him just to watch then. I took one and let him off his cord and tossed him down. Well nature tooks its course and I caught him up. Then I asked him how did I make him do anything? He looks at me and says you know you are right in the fact you did not make him do anything. That rooster did it all on his own.

I have been educating anybody that will listen about gamefowl. There are many people I have taught about gamefowl and, over half of them said if it was not for the laws they would have gamefowl. The others said it is not my cup of tea but, you are free do with your own property what you want.

The special interest groups needs to be exposed. That is currently being done in several states.

Sure money is nice to donate to public officials but, knowledge is power. If you can donate to them and, educate them then they will see the light. The problem is some people are just too damn greedy.

My wife is an animal lover. She has her own hen she picked out. She knows better then to pick a rooster. LOL Me and her disagree on this but, she respects my right to do with my property what I see fit.

Post Thanks / Like

HOW ABOUT THIS (if somebody hasn't come up with this idea yet).............. pick out a State where gambling is tolerated so the State can generate income. Right now all the states in the union need to generate money. Figure out the amount of Revenue per cockfight that you are willing to give up and propose this to the governing authorities just like a business proposition. The bottom line is always gonna be about the $$$$$$
    This is the only way to defeat the other side. Using lobbyist is costly and will take forever to achieve anything. Good luck!
    Last edited by EPG5 Backyard; April 5th, 2012 at 10:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

its never going to happen... if it does it'll surprise me... idc if it is or isn't legal.. ill all ways show fowl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncbgf View Post
    Work hard for your Sons to become a future presidents or law makers......cheers!
    Its either got to be done politically or by revolution, The best way would be for all of us gamefowl fanciers to run for an office and put people in power positions. Little by little. Thats how the faggot sodomites got so main stream. Now in certain schools they teach its ok to garggle anothe rmans balls. Imagine if they were teaching tolerance about gamecocks. It can be done. Use their own ways to get things done against them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeadGame4 View Post
    I wish that was true but it's not. Idaho just passed a felony bill
    That is the worst news that I have heard in a long time. I was contemplating moving there when I retire

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wattscrk View Post
    KY is the state ,,,lost of common sense people here ,,, that know what roots and true hearitage means,,,,,
    yeah ky or tenn, tenn has a few politicans that are helpin a little that if we could get the others to sway a little off of the ar trail we could do a little but i dont know what goin to happen

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Laborerkennels;4070586]I am for trying it in any State as long as we are organized. Most guys want to talk about it, but when it boils down to dollars and cents they won't do crap.

I will donate 100 bucks a month or more personally, but I am only 1 guy.

i will match it would be happy to but i would like for it to be for someone or a org, that is for balls to the wall either lets get something good happenin or die tryin enough pussy footin around, i do give to gbas also but im tired of hearin we may have another year or two we got one politican said they would hold the bill off if they could,,, blah blah lets do something dam i dont know who to get or what to do but i would try to help finance it, lets hire a true badass lobbyist or lawyer that will stand up and hit like a mule instead of only hittin when gettin hit if u set and think of all the cockers and family of cockers we ought to be able to do something

Post Thanks / Like

He man, I don't know you. But what I do know is that what you saying makes a lot of sense! I like the way you think and I'm behind you. Tell me, you ever thought about running for president? I wish wehad a candidate running that had that much sense! I'm fixing to send you a friend request cause you are the kind of people I want to be friends with.

Post Thanks / Like

who will stand up for us....... no one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mason Farms View Post
    He man, I don't know you. But what I do know is that what you saying makes a lot of sense! I like the way you think and I'm behind you. Tell me, you ever thought about running for president? I wish wehad a candidate running that had that much sense! I'm fixing to send you a friend request cause you are the kind of people I want to be friends with.
    i dont know him personally but i have spoke with him several times about other hobbys and u would like em hes just like us,