Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do we do now???

Post Thanks / Like

What do we do now???

I'm not asking a question. I don't necessarily have all the answers but I can tell you as someone that has been around a day or two that it doesn't matter who you write at the moment. Doesn't matter who you call. Someone asked me one day a while back at a local store when I mentioned game chickens do they still do that? I said I'm sure some still do. We are a subversive culture for those that don't know. I personally detest dogfighting but cockers are labeled into that same category like it or not. Mention fighting and it starts people cringing in horror of what they think is happening. They are uninformed on the other aspects of the sport be the subject dogs, chickens, or horses. I see a lot of people saying "legalize it, and tax it" to that I say you're ignorant of what that means. I'm not sure how many of you smoke marijuana. They have forums for that too. Ill say for the record I'm a member of one. Marijuana is illegal in most portions of the country. Even hemp was illegal and it has about as much thc in it as the grass in your yard, still illegal though because it bears a resemblance to its cousin. Now..what's happening on that front..well its being legalized and decriminalized more and more every day on local levels. I think people are seeing that the real harm is coming from pillheads and needle pushers, as well as, all these modern day alchemists trying new formulas to make rat poison. With the marijuana push..its been a slow but steady push and now the ball is beginning to roll. The same thing can be done in our situation but as members of our culture there's some s### you all are going to have to change. As for legalization and why I say you're ignorant...legalization in and of itself isn't bad if that's where Washington would leave it. They wouldn't though. They are like little kids cutting open their pet rabbit just to see what's going on. Demonic little mfrs. With legalization comes taxation, we b#### about those now, after taxation comes subsidies, basically telling you that yeah you can do this but you can only do it this way and this time of the year and so forth. So if legalization is your best idea just sit back and relax. Btw..if proof of what I'm saying is needed just look at the history of farming and alcohol in the united states. The first thing that needs to be done on this forum is learn to take things with a grain of salt. We are aggressive people by nature maybe but that doesn't mean we need to start threatening one another. 2. All this what's their fighting style and what are the best crosses crap needs to be private. If fighting or showing in and of itself is illegal and we all know we are law abiding citizens then "what is their fighting style" and "what is a good cross" are mute questions. Ill tell you what a good cross is. A good cross is a good rooster and a good hen. Breed good to good and be done. I'm going to address several members on here that really seem to know a lot about particular strains and ask them to compile a short history on the strains, in the event, it doesn't already exist. Along with that we as a group can add breeders of that line that are exceptional. Just those three things will start to clean up our image and this site as well. From there things get interesting and dirty and ill not discuss them openly and in black and white. Just so some of you don't think I'm some dumb ignorant Kentucky hillbilly....I have a college level education..no degrees but lack about 2 semesters having 3 associates degrees. Drafting, accounting, and business management. Prior to that I began as a scholarship law student but that bored me to death. I've fooled with chickens off and on for 20+ years and seen some of the best come and go in this sport. It wasn't until yesterday when someone that has been involved with gamefowl all his life said he was getting out for non health reasons and not because he had lost love for his fowl. This in itself is sickening when government control is forcing it.

2. Thanks finoblitz, MokuNui247, cyberdave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do we do now???

If anyone is truly interested in what I have said and would like to discuss what can really be done to procure our sport PM me your number or request mine and we can talk on the phone. Peace out friends

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I'm really surprised and saddened too. 145 views, 1 like and 3 emails. I think this message is important enough to be heard so I'm just gonna keep bumping it for awhile until I feel everyone has seen. I'm sure some of ya are just bashful so ill save ya the first PM....public awareness is the key to us getting our freedoms back. We are where we are because of what we have become..an underground culture who now has to walk on glass because the puss' in this country have already filled the sidewalk. Its not that complicated. Hatch some chickens and give them to kids. Give your culls away to neighbors or people in the community as a kind gesture. Not to those that would oppose you one day but people that have a little land and such. Once the public sees you and your friends as good people then you can begin with the local law abd givernment officials. If you do this while not on a national level things will start happening or at least not happening to you. Most keep talking about the farm bill and spectator bill. That's not the cause for concern. You'll be caught by local law enforcement unless there is some really heavy stuff going on. The feds don't just bust in on people for fun my friends. They play for blood and they're not gonna fool with someone who has chickens in their yard. All they have done is now set a federal law by which the prosecuting attorneys can use to get a conviction. So while this federal mandate is still federal you need to be working on keeping your state laws as is or getting something changed for the better. The feds are only gonna do what the state wants them to do. Example..we all know about the recent marijuana legalizations..well it might surprise you although its legal in those states its not legal in the us. That means even if you're a resident of the legal state with a medical use if you step across state lines its interstate traffiking. Punishable by the united states government. Yet in that state you can have it. So take the example I've just given you and use that locally. I feel like if we all do a small part together for once maybe something will happen at least on local levels.

5. Likes Resendiz74, marcs85gt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

you know when the other side has been spending money at the rate of $10,000 to $1 to educate the general public against cockfighting the only way you're going to compete is to circle the wagons, keep your eyes open and your mouth's shut, loose lips sink ships and as opinion goes you mention the sport to ten people and about 3 will call it a vicious blood thirsty event 2 want to go see a fight sometime and the other five really don't have an opinion either way, this from a personal poll of opinion I have been conducting over the years,,,,BRK

Post Thanks / Like

That's why you should be promoting the love of gamefowl and not the sport.

Post Thanks / Like

I will raise game roosters till I am dead and gone. I do this for the passion and nothing more. I could not imagine waking up not hearing em crow. but I only have around 60 roosters and do if because I love em and not because it generates a form of income. If I win that is great if I don't well that is ok to. well my point is how many rooster men will still be rooster men if they are having to support 100 % of the feed bill with nothing coming back in? I will show mine into each other if that is what it takes but again I don't do it for the money I don't do it for the trophies. will show them into each other to select my broodfowl if that is what it comes to.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep doing what you love nomatter what bull**** laws get passed by the pansies in charge of this once great nation

10. Likes Webby13, njk, Dase520 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said I believe, so what do we do now? Well the newly formed Gamefow defense network is allready at work fighting for us and telling our side. And its being told by US not by some fool that knows nothing about Gamefowl or it Culture.
    Want to know what I think would be a good Idea? How many pits in the entire US are there? I dont really know, But I know that if every single pit charged 20$ to get in for every person attending and took 5$ of that 20$ towards our fight it would do alot for us.
    We gotta fight, No and I mean NO group has ever captured its rights base by sitting on their hands and doing nothing. We need to tell our side in a correct and articulate way. We dont need to hide. We have never really Fought back and thats what The Defense network is doing and will continue to do.

The strategy of "pure defense" does not work. That is why I really dont have much respect for the NRA they are all defense, When they lose ground they aint got the guts to try and get back what they lost because its "Pollitically incorrect". To win ANY Fight you must Attack, And wether you know it or not it is bieng done right now.

12. Thanks finoblitz thanked for this post
    Likes finoblitz, brownred30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MAX View Post
    Well said I believe, so what do we do now? Well the newly formed Gamefow defense network is allready at work fighting for us and telling our side. And its being told by US not by some fool that knows nothing about Gamefowl or it Culture.
    Want to know what I think would be a good Idea? How many pits in the entire US are there? I dont really know, But I know that if every single pit charged 20$ to get in for every person attending and took 5$ of that 20$ towards our fight it would do alot for us.
    We gotta fight, No and I mean NO group has ever captured its rights base by sitting on their hands and doing nothing. We need to tell our side in a correct and articulate way. We dont need to hide. We have never really Fought back and thats what The Defense network is doing and will continue to do.

The strategy of "pure defense" does not work. That is why I really dont have much respect for the NRA they are all defense, When they lose ground they aint got the guts to try and get back what they lost because its "Pollitically incorrect". To win ANY Fight you must Attack, And wether you know it or not it is bieng done right now.
    You're wrong Bro. I'm a member of the NRA, they always fighting for the right to bear arms, if not, they will be just like us rooster men, that can raise the rooster but can't fight them, so what's the used of raising them if you can't fight them???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I raise them because I love them. The same reason I raise dogs. Something's you can't explain...you either know or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by jakusa View Post
    You're wrong Bro. I'm a member of the NRA, they always fighting for the right to bear arms, if not, they will be just like us rooster men, that can raise the rooster but can't fight them, so what's the used of raising them if you can't fight them???

15. Likes LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MAX View Post

I agree with fighting for our rights as cockers.I totally disagree with your analogy of the NRA.They are a very powerful organization that constantly fight for our 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms.I'm proud to be a member and would hate to think where we would be without all they have done for us.I just wish we could organize as many supporters and raise as much money for our cause as the NRA has been able to do.

17. Thanks southernX thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do understand how most feel about the NRA. Dont get me wrong I am not against what they do, I am in disagreement with what they DONT do. They have even come out and said that their job is not to go on the offensive but defend when the 2nd ammenment is attacked. And that is great, But it would be nice if them and lots of groups would go on the attack and quit worrying about who they make upset. But I am kind of a hardliner in my beliefs about guns, I believe that ANY law restricting gun ownership is unconstutional, and that the 2nd ammendment is the only gun law we need.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is the cocker persona needs to change....... in the pi it's a brand that shows respect, dr's , lawyers, politicians are all part of the group..... here in America it is a grassroots rural crowd unless it's in our big cities..... the
    "cocker" needs to evolve as well...... we need other college grads in the group..... engineers, dr's, politicians as well..... and not just for sport, but for gamefowl in general...... finish those lacking semesters blackhand because without the physical degree, you will be seen as a hillbilly........ I am from the city of Compton, Ca..... acity that has been branded by race wars of the past and have never been able to escape that image..... prior to my degree I was seen as a hoodlum hispanic gangsters solely for being from this beautiful city...... I had an image others painted simply for being from where I'm from....... until I got my bachelors....... then people thought, oh that's one of the ones that made it, when in reality this city is full of college grad's, engineers, dr's........ my city is more gorgeous than many that simply choose to cal this a ghetto because some rappers rapped about the hardships of racism since the 80's......... things change, so as I stated, the Cocker Image must change...... Many complain that simply because you breed for the love and not win's or cash degrates you as less than a cocker than one that wants a w all the time by any means..... many claim "these roosters will put your kids through college"...... I challenge those to start the piggy banks then and actually "put" the kids through college to better the future of our fraternity....
    Last edited by turd ferguson; February 10th, 2014 at 07:43 AM.

20. Likes Brushcountry, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well spoken Turd. I'm gettin a little old for school now but there's always a chance. Since the schooling I've opted for a simpler life I guess. I fool with my birds and go to work so I can fool with my birds. They've taught me far more about life abd what's important than any professor..almost..had a graduate student professor that taught me a lot but most of that was extracurricular the chickens have taught me a lot though. I think if more people outside the fraternity had them they'd see the light regarding these fowl. The majority may never fully support the sport side, but that's not the big picture. When a pit or fight is raided..those birds get killed. When that person is caught the remaining birds at his residence are either removed or eradicated in most cases. Which is another reason for those to show not to have all their eggs in one basket. I network with several like that. If I need something I ask and its on the way and vice versa. So what I see happening in the end is the humane people killing the gamefowl to save them from dying. I know that sounds really FN dumb but that's the result of their cause. Guy gets locked down for animal cruelty with his dogs and they kill them. They sure do have some good commercials and pretty calendars though don't they. I wish a billionare would sue the frs for false advertising. They probably kill a lot more than they save.

22. Likes LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been to the dump I meen land fill. I have seen them dump several dogs they had humanly euthanized. what makes that more humane than letting two cocks fight. I just can't understand.

24. Thanks finoblitz thanked for this post
    Likes finoblitz, Lino Zuniga liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is something I just thought about, after seeing a members comment on a picture. Its the same defense that got those that didn't plead out dismissed following the springbrook raid. Someone with a computer would have to look but I think the bill stated "an animal fight" a chicken is not an animal, or even bird for that matter(yeah I call them birds but I know the difference) in any event that's some help assuming the state laws don't already provide anything about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackhand1 View Post
    Well spoken Turd. I'm gettin a little old for school now but there's always a chance. Since the schooling I've opted for a simpler life I guess. I fool with my birds and go to work so I can fool with my birds. They've taught me far more about life abd what's important than any professor..almost..had a graduate student professor that taught me a lot but most of that was extracurricular the chickens have taught me a lot though. I think if more people outside the fraternity had them they'd see the light regarding these fowl. The majority may never fully support the sport side, but that's not the big picture. When a pit or fight is raided..those birds get killed. When that person is caught the remaining birds at his residence are either removed or eradicated in most cases. Which is another reason for those to show not to have all their eggs in one basket. I network with several like that. If I need something I ask and its on the way and vice versa. So what I see happening in the end is the humane people killing the gamefowl to save them from dying. I know that sounds really FN dumb but that's the result of their cause. Guy gets locked down for animal cruelty with his dogs and they kill them. They sure do have some good commercials and pretty calendars though don't they. I wish a billionare would sue the frs for false advertising. They probably kill a lot more than they save.
    I'd say they kill more than they save.Look at these numbers from 2012.404440_10151438467509419_1549292186_n.jpg

27. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes dungeon, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These birds WILL teach you alot......... I totally agree with you..... If you keep your kids out in the yard they will learn alot about nature and responsibility........ they will be much advanced in maturity when entering the kindergarden schooling at 5 years old than a 5 year old from the urban city that solely watches tv and [plays video games.......

Post Thanks / Like

**** and the in Humane society kill more than all the cockers in the US. It is a big money scam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    I'd say they kill more than they save.Look at these numbers from 2012.404440_10151438467509419_1549292186_n.jpg
    i posted this below in the stephen segal thread, but it applies to these very stats.

"so i am curious how we go about holding these people accountable for the "laws" they break?

what would the process be and what would it entail to press animal cruelty charges against the people euthanizing (outright killing) otherwise healthy and content animals?

i mean i've thought on this, but im no genius when it comes to due process. there has to be some way to hold these people criminally responsible for their inhumane actions against these animals. i say animals because fowl are not the only victims of these extremists. how have these groups been able to publicly express a double standard for so long without a public outcry, without being criminally investigated and prosecuted?

who will guard the guards? the laws that apply to the average american citizen must also apply to leos, movie stars, animal rights extremists, and even county shelters and local **** groups."
    Last edited by OWLBMC; February 10th, 2014 at 10:58 AM.

31. Likes finoblitz, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

also, what the hell is the difference between a rooster or a hen in a dome pen, round pen, or brood pen, than a canary in a cage? as long as they are well cared for there is no difference.

you don't see automatic mass euthanization of any other healthy and content poultry, fowl, or birds.
    Last edited by OWLBMC; February 10th, 2014 at 11:02 AM.

33. Likes red1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing that the hs and p e t a have going for them is their ability to cover up what they do. If they were like any other company that was required to issue an earnings statement to the public via audit they'd lose all their support. People that donate to them, aren't aware of how their money is spent. If they knew it would take about 6 months for them to fold. They are supposed to be a not for profit organization I believe which means they do have to account for where all their money goes...I'm sure they had to pay a few in the house of reps and some senators as well. The vote goes against statistics that brownred kelso listed and I agree. The majority doesn't care. Farming isn't the main income in most areas so that just doesn't make good sense. Something else I've not ciphered just yet is the food stamp deal. The benefits get cut by 90 a month..can't deduct medical marijuana. And those that don't really need the food stamps don't have to worry about drug testing. If I had the money I'd just start my own country. I couldn't run it much worse. As far as fighting back against the organizations..I'm not sure how well smear tactics would work but that's a possibility for the agdn or other organizations in each state. This needs to start a few months before the election but the running candidates need to be questioned as to their position. Then it becomes key to find an eligble party to run that supports our interest. Once you have some figures to discredit the agencies and your rep he can use that as leverage. Attorneys need to initiate bills into the state senate to provide for decriminalization or legalization and have that as part of the ticket. Like any nonprofit organization, with enough opposition they can be put in our shoes and be prohibited from operating in that state. That's a hell of a big hill to climb but it can be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Stephen segal beat the **** out of his wife and she left him what worst fighting fowl or beating weman

Post Thanks / Like

Lol...regarding pen size and such. They hired the Verizon dude(can you hear me now) to sit there and watch a chicken. The chicken was placed out in the open. He walked in a 4 x 8 area for about 30 minutes so they figure that each chicken needs that much room. They deem that the reward for being confined in the egg for 21 days. None of this is true but it makes about as much sense as the rest of their policies.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, you guys, the only way is for one of you political types to run for governor of Kentucky.
    Then this guys, you all have to get him voted in. Then the ballgame is all yours for kentucky.
    That is the only hope. If none of you guys are in the system, then you arent gonna get anything changed.
    If anything, there are gays and marijuana uses in the system, that is how they get things passed.
    Same as those tree huggers, they are in the systems already. Why do you think they getting things that are riduculous passed.
    Cause its all inside jobs.

38. Likes jr taylor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In a sense you're right about the control. Unfortunately that's not how it works here or in most places. Getting the public official to support your ideas is the goal and people ARE on the inside that grants them more influence. But this isn't a case where you can start at the top. Its no different than building a house. You can't put the roof on until you've dug in, poured a foundation, built perimeter walls and fastened it all together. Its a hell of a lot easier to make your local town a safe haven than trying to go fir the gold in one shot. If we already had our feet in place then I'd say all that we need to do is lobby state capitols and find a stakehorse for our money. Kentucky isn't the issue though. Its nationwide. As I said earlier the feds play for blood. You don't have to worry about them busting up a pit. There's not enough money in it for them and since I didn't see what class felony this would be ill assume its a 1-5 stint. The feds don't fool with 1-5 it would take them that long to prosecute the case and that's if there's just a few. Focus needs to be put on your immediate areas first. Then local law and government. Leave the state to the big boys. For most its just gonna be business as usual, this we know. All this mandate did was provide the penalties for when and if you get caught. If your state has nothing that will supercede this law then you will be prosecuted using federal law. Most states work just like the us does. A bill gets introduced to the senate, if it passes it goes to the house, if it passes them it goes to the governor and if he passes it it becomes law. If any of the above don't pass it it has to be amended and reintroduced. So while having a governor in place that supports you would be nice just because of his ability to vote things down that doesn't mean he by himself can work miracles. People have been trying that crap for a long time. Ill be real honest and say at least 50% of Kentucky doesn't know who the governor is nor do we care. That's how little impact they have on us here. So unfortunately putting just the one man in isn't going to do much.

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Kentucky and in a lot of places we have what I call the good ol boy network. We don't really take to strangers but if we meet ya were hospitable. In order to get things done you have to be in that network. A little about me to illustrate. I'm a fourth generation carpenter and as I've been told many times "one helluva trim man" I moved from where I grew up. My family has an established name in our area. When I moved to Mt. Sterling I couldn't buy a job..it took me 7 years and a frickin bet to get me into that niche. Yet in the meantime I started small in a lot bigger town and built a pretty good foothold for one guy. That's how things have to be handled.

Post Thanks / Like

Holly smokes man you should get another hobby like maybe really water the chickens !!!!!!!who are you ???and who do you think you are ?????? You come across like some body that got nothing to do but be in front of your computer ,,,,loose lips sinks ships !!! I'm sorry you're annoying

Post Thanks / Like

Well Mr 13, I'm so sorry to have offended you. Its FRs like you though who have gotten us in this position. They know it exists you idiot, there wouldn't be crackdowns and laws being tossed around. But, by all means, if you feel that being real quiet is the answer then stfu, take a vacation, and get the f### off this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Silence is concent!! Gotta fight now fellas..only way!!