Thread: Barker brood fowl - spangled kelso

Post Thanks / Like

Question Barker brood fowl - spangled kelso

I aquired these fowl last year and im very impressed with them.... gentleman i bought them from got them from Mr. Barker in 2000.

I know Mr. Barker recieved fowl from Cecil Davis when he passed but wasnt sure if the spangled fowl i have were any of Cecil's stuff or not. Ive seen Spangled Cecil Davis Kelso adds before in Gamecock. Has anyone else had any of these fowl? Come both WL and YL also SC and PC.... However i mostly get PC..... Buzz saws would be a nice sum up of their performance .... Come Red Spanlged but also get lighter Spangled colors which are just as good and really make the farm look good they always stand out
    http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...1812155857.jpg

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barker brood fowl - spangled kelso

Post Thanks / Like

Every kelso Pete barker had came from Cecil Davis I know for a fact and kept them pure the best you can as far as I know I have some but there not spangled they come dark red and white leg and pc and sc

Post Thanks / Like

Is Sohnny Poe's Kelso same or different?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone shown these fowl when it was legal?

Post Thanks / Like

I seen Pete Barker win with some spangled peacombed birds back in the eightys he fought the 12 cock kemper tribute at Copperstate,don't recall his score but remember he did good I really wanted one of those birds that he fought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TRIPLECFARMS View Post
    I aquired these fowl last year and im very impressed with them.... gentleman i bought them from got them from Mr. Barker in 2000.

I know Mr. Barker recieved fowl from Cecil Davis when he passed but wasnt sure if the spangled fowl i have were any of Cecil's stuff or not. Ive seen Spangled Cecil Davis Kelso adds before in Gamecock. Has anyone else had any of these fowl? Come both WL and YL also SC and PC.... However i mostly get PC..... Buzz saws would be a nice sum up of their performance .... Come Red Spanlged but also get lighter Spangled colors which are just as good and really make the farm look good they always stand out
    http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...1812155857.jpg

Any info would be greatly appreciated
    Pete Barker was my mentor back in early 1970's he and Cecil lived only few miles from each other I know Cecil got some In and In Kelso from Pete and they were friends so Pete had access to Cecils yard Pete set me up with a Handling gig with Cecil I handled some for him when Cecils son wasnt able to mostly at the old Big Bear facility that Granville Hester used to Run was oldest facility in AL when it finally shut down.Wasnt there when Cecil passed and I lost track of Pete Barker when he moved to Mexico so not much more can add.If you got Pete or Cecils Kelso they both had really good fowl.Also I took Katt Brazell some of the Kelso Blood I got from Cecil and he kept it till he passed they were very good ones the cock I started him with won 7 times befor he was 14 months old at Big Bear and set him up with some good hens I heard his sons ruined his fowl and got a bad Reputation But Katt was always straight up with me and had good fowl when he was running the farm. Charlie Eidt of Natchez MS had Clarets he called Buzz saws and they were good ones I saw him win with them crossed with Charlie Eidt Redquill in LA for many years I bred the Charlie Eidt RQ got them in 81 should have gotten the Buzzsaws too but hind sight is 20-20 and I didnt. I just let the RQ go last year only kept a trio for crossing and no longer have Kelso.So not trying to sell anything just commenting on some great cockers.-Jim
    Last edited by j007; April 20th, 2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

TTT these spangles are really impressing me.....

Anyone else have this blood?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TRIPLECFARMS View Post
    TTT these spangles are really impressing me.....

Anyone else have this blood?
    I had Pete's Kelso, which I got through James Pope. A friend still has some of them. James won COY ( Curley Top entry) with these and Jim Young's Kentucky Hatch. I won with them at Texoma and other smaller pits. Very good cocks. Later I saw some that came from Pete, thou good fowl weren't the quality of the ones James got from him.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing..... im pretty happy with mine so far.....