Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boone Blues

Post Thanks / Like

Boone Blues

Does anyone know any history on the Boone Blues, or anything about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boone Blues

Blood developed by Alva Campbell sing a 14x winning cock named Daniel Boone. This cock was bred to dark fowl as well as Roundheads and the daughters were bred back to Danirel Boone until they were about 15/16.

Whatever you do, don't get from Oakridge! A guy they swears that the blood was made by a breeder named Daniel Boone, LOL! I called him on it and this guy, JC of KY tried to bluff and lie his way by stating that he got historical documents!!! Definitely a peddler who didn't get his story straight!

Post Thanks / Like

The late Sonny Hancock had this blood...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cutting Edge View Post
    The late Sonny Hancock had this blood...
    You are correct he did and his nephew got all his yards. I know my blues are heavy in the old Boone blood. I have tried to get back in touch with Sonny's nephew but, I lost his number. I know the guy was from Texas and I heard he sold out after LA went down.

Sonny used to cross them on hatch/roundheads and his nephew crossed them on asil.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cutting Edge View Post
    Blood developed by Alva Campbell sing a 14x winning cock named Daniel Boone. This cock was bred to dark fowl as well as Roundheads and the daughters were bred back to Danirel Boone until they were about 15/16.

Whatever you do, don't get from Oakridge! A guy they swears that the blood was made by a breeder named Daniel Boone, LOL! I called him on it and this guy, JC of KY tried to bluff and lie his way by stating that he got historical documents!!! Definitely a peddler who didn't get his story straight!
    i know of the guy you are speaking of and he may be misguided with his story but his blues are the real deal and are very proven. he is from ohio and is at a pit somewhere every weekend showing. so if hes peddling then im glad hes proving what he sales.....peace

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBGamefarm View Post
    i know of the guy you are speaking of and he may be misguided with his story but his blues are the real deal and are very proven. he is from ohio and is at a pit somewhere every weekend showing. so if hes peddling then im glad hes proving what he sales.....peace
    Would love to know his name cause not many in Ohio have real good blues. I know of 3-4 people that have good blues in Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

cutting edge thanks for the pm. i need to talk to you..how do i contact you? i tried sending a long message but your inbox is full

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how to get a hold of a relative of Sonny Hancock. Looking for a boone blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have photos on these Boone Blues?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Blue Boones that a breed I haven't heard of in a long time.........

Post Thanks / Like

Still looking for information on a breeder of boone blues, some where in Texas. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see pictures and read more about them.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got some and I will try to post some photos in the next few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny Hancock had excellent blues, and yes his nephew Dan did have them. Sadly, they have both passed away. I was married to Sonny's great niece and also had them. Deadly cutters. I wish I still had mine. When legal I showed them at Mid America and they did very well in gaff. True Alva Campbell's Blue Boones would be difficult to acquire I would imagine. Sonny got this blood in 1924!!! Most people tend to cross, cross, cross the old strains straight out of existence but somehow the names remain the same?? Anyway, Mike Ratliff bred the Hancock blues for years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doc.bc View Post
    Sonny Hancock had excellent blues, and yes his nephew Dan did have them. Sadly, they have both passed away. I was married to Sonny's great niece and also had them. Deadly cutters. I wish I still had mine. When legal I showed them at Mid America and they did very well in gaff. True Alva Campbell's Blue Boones would be difficult to acquire I would imagine. Sonny got this blood in 1924!!! Most people tend to cross, cross, cross the old strains straight out of existence but somehow the names remain the same?? Anyway, Mike Ratliff bred the Hancock blues for years.
    I am not sure if Mr Ratliff kept them pure I know he bred them into his generals. I am curious what was Dan's last name I wonder if that is the same person we bought gaffs and blue cock from? This guy told he was Sonny's nephew. He also told me that Sonny kept the Boones pure atleast that is what I supposedly got from him. Either way it was an excellent brood cock to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see some photos of some Blue Boones. The ones I have were given to me. I've read the history of the Boones, but I've not discovered any descriptions.

i agree with doc.bc in the fact that people cross and cross and cross and still call the fowl by the old names. "Pure" is a word that is thrown around pretty loosely nowadays.

Post Thanks / Like

nice thread for blue lovers. up up up...
    who have a pics of Blue Boones kindly post
    Last edited by JaCk/TD; March 27th, 2013 at 07:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts44903 View Post
    I am not sure if Mr Ratliff kept them pure I know he bred them into his generals. I am curious what was Dan's last name I wonder if that is the same person we bought gaffs and blue cock from? This guy told he was Sonny's nephew. He also told me that Sonny kept the Boones pure atleast that is what I supposedly got from him. Either way it was an excellent brood cock to say the least.

His name was Dan Hancock. Passed last year. Lived in Oklahoma, then moved to Mexico. My Hancock Blues came from Dan, and Sonny sent me eggs. However I have none of the blood. I wish i still did. I will try to post some pics if i can find them. Some of mine were in the feathered warrior in 2002 I think. Maybe may issue, I honestly can't recall. Those roosters cut every time they lifted a foot. I'll tell you a funny story about Dan Hancock. I let a friend fight some Hancock cross stags at mid America in 2002. After the first blue won a quick fight after being hurt bad first pitting, Dan met my friend and wanted to know How he had gotten ahold of his family of fowl!! He didn't know my friend but he sure knew his blues.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend I met on here kinda took under my wing.. hes all about some blues. Dead set on some.. I told wasn't many good ones but we narrowed it down to either he needs some boons or some of those made by bacon nivision. Any info on a good game family of blues would be appreciated. Specially of these two types.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey doc.bc -
    Can you describe the Blue Boones you had? Such as, leg color, comb, color combination, etc. I would greatly appreciate it. Like I said earlier, my Boones were given to me, but I don't know anything else about them, except gameness and ability. Thank you my friend.
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like

I will try to post some pictures when my son comes home i dont know how. I have a descriptive circular that was put out by Alva Campbell himself in around 1892.
    Mine are medium station & can cut. As far as color they come white with blue an red streaks to med blue with lemon hackles. Friends have tested a few as i am not able. They have done well none were conditioned tested straight out of my holding pen. Will have more info later. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

ArkyGame Farm can you post pictures. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Bluered, mine came typical blue and lemonblue red, also Pyle and "candy stripe". Both pea and straight comb, white, green, and very light blue legs. I occasionally got a dark brown red color. Very few were high station. Sometimes when sparred they looked awful. But they could really cut they just didn't show much when sparred. Alva Campbell's description and pics in the 1929 History of Game strain mentions some came with a top knot. Sonny's did not by 1990 but they used to when he first got them. He also made a fantastic cross with Gavilan Hatch from Buck, and Lacy. Those three lines became a seperate family, who had it all. I will try to find my old pics

Post Thanks / Like

Arky, we may have been in some of the same places. I'm your neighbor

Post Thanks / Like

His name was Dan Hancock. Passed last year. Lived in Oklahoma, then moved to Mexico. My Hancock Blues came from Dan, and Sonny sent me eggs. However I have none of the blood. I wish i still did. I will try to post some pics if i can find them. Some of mine were in the feathered warrior in 2002 I think. Maybe may issue, I honestly can't recall. Those roosters cut every time they lifted a foot. I'll tell you a funny story about Dan Hancock. I let a friend fight some Hancock cross stags at mid America in 2002. After the first blue won a quick fight after being hurt bad first pitting, Dan met my friend and wanted to know How he had gotten ahold of his family of fowl!! He didn't know my friend but he sure knew his blues.
    I know my blues carry a good shot of the old Hancock blood. My brother crossed them highcreek and set them as a family they are pretty rugged gamefowl. Back when it was legal seen them win in the or 2 hours later all was in the long heels.

Post Thanks / Like

Bluered, mine came typical blue and lemonblue red, also Pyle and "candy stripe". Both pea and straight comb, white, green, and very light blue legs. I occasionally got a dark brown red color. Very few were high station. Sometimes when sparred they looked awful. But they could really cut they just didn't show much when sparred. Alva Campbell's description and pics in the 1929 History of Game strain mentions some came with a top knot. Sonny's did not by 1990 but they used to when he first got them. He also made a fantastic cross with Gavilan Hatch from Buck, and Lacy. Those three lines became a seperate family, who had it all. I will try to find my old pics
    doc.bc
    They do come in a variety of colors I have one that is light brown breasted blue and another that is mostly white with black spattering of feathers. Both of my current hens are colored like the mostly white cock. They all have pea combs and blue legs. I'm in the process of hatching more and can't tell a whole lot except some white and blue legs.

That is cool that we are possibly neighbors. I am in extreme western Arkansas just north of Van Buren.

Post Thanks / Like

I will try to get some pictures uploaded of mine. I will have to figure out how. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Arky I'm an hour away, that's pretty cool

Post Thanks / Like

This photo is from a few months ago.

Post Thanks / Like

My other one from a few months ago.