Page 179 of 180 FirstFirst ... 79129169174175176177178179180 LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,370 of 5381

Thread: Dale Mac Mugs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale Mac Mugs

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    I'm sure there are many more story's rattling around in my head. I sit here looking at some of the trophies I've won. There is a big tall red , white, and blue one it was my first cocker of the year trophy 1986. Awarded July 6 by the I-20 game club. It was a cool place to fight. A big horse arena. One week end they would have a roping or calf penning, the next a cock fight. They had winches to just pick the pit and bleachers up in the top of the arena. You just pulled in and found yourself a spot in your car, truck, van was your cock house. I had a big van open in the back but had carpet all around. Summer time I'd get a big cooler of block ice and open it and let a fan blow air across it to my cocks in their carry. Case covered with a black sheet. We were very comfortable. Anyway right beside that trophy sets another for a 6 cock derby held in 1987. Ronnie asked me what kind of derby I'd like the next year when he handed me the COTY trophy. I said a six cock. Weed out the lucky guys. So he give me my first tribute derby. The Louisiana Blue Special 6 Cock Derby. It was a good day and I'd brought me and my dads best cocks. I think it was my 5th fight and I met F. Holloway. He had a good team and was a tough competitor. He asked me how much I wanted to bet. I told him to make it light on yourself. He said how about 400 I said how about 500. That shocked him as we usually don't bet that much. He said OK and that I was in trouble because his cock was a four time winner and had whooped Craft and Pat Canfield this season. I didn't say anything but we'll see. I didn't tell him I had my dads infamous Knife cock. He had won his first fight in a big 6 cock derby at Milk Dairy, he'd won twice at sunset and 9 times at large derbies. My cocks were really sharp too as I'd had no problem in any match yet. After two pittings his cock was crippled. Holloway was distraught. That's when I told him about The Knife Cock. It was a great day with my dad and friends and 6 great cocks. We went on and won it by ourselves. Good memories of days gone by.
    As a cocker. You had a good life at it and a good story. I recommend you seek a publisher or an editor to published ur stories. It might help some people or begineers and oldies alike just reading it.

Its a nice way sharing ur expertise. For me u are no. 1 than those legends.

Still, iI salute you sir! Happy to read your experiences!

2. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes ticc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by finoblitz View Post
    A better pic of our F1 broodcock.

This is my most favorite color in grey department.

4. Likes flyer34, jncblas, lawgreyman14, E.Mullen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RickC View Post
    Hi Mr. Del,

Been reading and following the comments here.

Have you or has anyone ever crossed your/Del's Mug with Asil or Jap for LK?
    Just wondering if the Mug would slow down from the cross and loose its natural abilities.

Thanks.

RickC
    Rick back in the 70's some good friends give me a stag. He was frost grey-boles jap/ traveler. I bred hIm to my mugs and as long as I had him his sons never lost their first fight. This was all long gaff. I fought a good bit for about 3 years in the long knife. None of these had any oriental blood in them. I have a 1/2 Rampury cock now I've bred to my hens. They are not slow. I've never witnessed asils that straight hate a rooster like these do. They are smart but do everything so fast you can't notice that part of their game.

6. Likes ticc, Nestor B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rick back in the 70's some good friends give me a stag. He was frost grey-boles jap/ traveler. I bred hIm to my mugs and as long as I had him his sons never lost their first fight. This was all long gaff. I fought a good bit for about 3 years in the long knife. None of these had any oriental blood in them. I have a 1/2 Rampury cock now I've bred to my hens. They are not slow. I've never witnessed asils that straight hate a rooster like these do. They are smart but do everything so fast you can't notice that part of their game.
    Can you share that rampuri mug my friend?

Post Thanks / Like

IMG20180412101346.jpgblending DMM wirh all of my old bloodlines

9. Likes Nestor B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What are your guys’ future breeding plans with these Mugs? I dont have any experience with them yet but before I make any crosses, I will follow in Gaff’s footsteps & make pures for broodstocks. I will also do as LaBlue suggests & cross colors. For example black x splash & black x blue or splash x black etc etc. I might be thinking too far ahead as I just put my eggs in the incubator this morning LOL! Im gonna single mate them as I do with all of my breeders & if I have extra pullets I might make some battle crosses with them.

11. Likes matt59, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Talbo View Post
    Can you share that rampuri mug my friend?
    I have 6 stags all winners one a 2xer. I have5 pullets. That's all I have . The stag was gifted to me and I probably couldn't find another like him. Your welcome to anything but the original stag my friend.

13. Likes Nestor B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 808SAb0NGAddiCt View Post
    What are your guys’ future breeding plans with these Mugs? I dont have any experience with them yet but before I make any crosses, I will follow in Gaff’s footsteps & make pures for broodstocks. I will also do as LaBlue suggests & cross colors. For example black x splash & black x blue or splash x black etc etc. I might be thinking too far ahead as I just put my eggs in the incubator this morning LOL! Im gonna single mate them as I do with all of my breeders & if I have extra pullets I might make some battle crosses with them.
    I'll let you know what I've learned over the last 50 years. The mug hen is the secret to producing those winners we all look for. The chances of you getting real good fowl are 3-4 times greater breeding the mug hen rather than the mug cock. Is peek from years of experience. If yo use the mug cock breed the pullets back to a mug cock. That will probably work.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll let you know what I've learned over the last 50 years. The mug hen is the secret to producing those winners we all look for. The chances of you getting real good fowl are 3-4 times greater breeding the mug hen rather than the mug cock. Is peek from years of experience. If yo use the mug cock breed the pullets back to a mug cock. That will probably work.
    Yeah the game plan for me is simple. All the Mug stags I raise will be paired with a different colored Mug pullet. I got the eggs in netting according to their number, that way I dont bro/sis mate them. Of course theyre gonna have to meet or exceed my standards to make it to the brood pens first. I wont breed the Mugs on the rooster side unless its to a Mug. ALL smokey blue pullets will be bred back to the Mugs almost all the time. The only crosses I plan on making will be with my Black blend to the Black Mug pullets. Plans may change lol I also have a Grey blend that I want to cross to the Black Mug pullets hahaha thanks Del! Im telling you these DMM’s will be all over my yard & they aint leaving

16. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes jncblas, Krackers Koop, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Del,

Your response is greatly appreciated . . . and thank you much for taking the time.

I am just a lowly guy who loves the sport from Cebu, Phils. living here in California.
    The reason for my inquiry is because i acquired Black Jap blood a few years back and been breeding them to my other lines with good success ... i'd say good, not great.
    What i observed though is that the crosses tend to slow down down a bit although the cutting, timing and smarts are there which is essential in LK.
    So I am looking for good cutting speed blood and hope to be able to sometime get hold of your Mug if you can spare any or maybe even just eggs to bring back to Philippines.

No matter though, lowly or not, these days the competition in the Phils. has gotten extremely tough.

Again, thank you much and GOD bless. . . .

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Del,

See my Black Jap brood cocks. . . father and son; hope you like them; they made difference in my program.

19. Likes E.Mullen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I'm mugging boys 7 blue 7 black Del mack mugging.
    This hen dropped me 2 clutches the frist I tried incubating but no good it's not for me. The next batch I let her do her thing. Will she was at 10 I was think she wasn't going to sit.Good thing I let her be. Friday i was think i need to check those eggs i don't want her to sit on no good eggs for to long I got to busy. Check this morning nothing she still sitting I'll check her tonight. Around 5 she came out after I did my rounds my bro says that blue mug camd out go check her so I just got a cup of feed think she's hungry I'll feed her. I walked up and see two little blue heads stick out.
    Thanks Del
    Last edited by matt59; April 15th, 2018 at 01:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully I'll get some have a 1/2 mug pullet sitting on 8 eggs
    3/4 my hatch 1/4 Mack mug

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

23. Likes LaBlue, Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Posting for Bigmeal.

Post Thanks / Like

1/2 Mug 1/2 Toppy blood.. Been a good nic so far

Post Thanks / Like

Dang bigmeal a white mug! Is he straight bred? What colors were bred to make him? Blue on blue I'd think

27. Likes LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a black 1/2 Borricua asil 1/4 Rampury 1/4 Tuzo Jap stag with a dark blue DMM/Coalminer pullet. Can't wait.

29. Likes LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nauvoo View Post
    Posting for Bigmeal.
    I've only raised a couple solid whites. I think it comes more from my hatch blood than my mugs. I have one now I bred last year but he never molted properly and I didn't breed him this year. My guess he's out of a BR cock and a blue hen. Never got a white from a white. They always come blue or BR.

Post Thanks / Like

He came out of the blue hen to the blue breasted grey cock 8 stags 3 pullets. Stags are Very strong. I handle them a lot 1 week on tie cord 1 week in dom pen. I should've long trimmed but Jr talked me out of it.

32. Likes KevinG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

id have to agree with LaBlue about the hen being the key. This applies to most if not all good blood lines.
    Ive personally experienced it by purchasing the best hens i could get my hands on and breeding a good cock over them. You can breed average cocks over good hens from quality families and still produce worthy stags.
    Breed a quality cock over an average or less than average hen and end up with sh#t.
    I got a friend who buys the prettiest cock birds, doesn't look much at the hens and he cant touch me............

I read an article that i thought others might like to read, Theres a reason, but i find a lot don't take much notice

Last edited by Crazy Eyes; April 16th, 2018 at 05:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ohoopee View Post
    Beautiful specimen here. Deadly looking as they come.
    Thanks you sir for the compliment!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 6 stags all winners one a 2xer. I have5 pullets. That's all I have . The stag was gifted to me and I probably couldn't find another like him. Your welcome to anything but the original stag my friend.
    Thank you for the offer my friend it is really so nice of you. i sent you a message

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Talbo View Post
    Thank you for the offer my friend it is really so nice of you. i sent you a message
    Mr. Mack is a person of trust don't have and don't pero a lot of friends but the short words and the time spent with him when was at his place was of good opportunity he is direct and straight if need or had to do something or anything for him i wouldn't think twice about it I'm still a novice in the game fowl World but if you read or pay attention to detail learning is always a possibility I'm visual learn by observation Mr.Del has more than any one of us can learn just by standing on his property the little time I spent there i learned a few things just by looking around at his pens fly, teepees, and pens he had.. Mr. Mack is one and only.

37. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrdzhdz View Post
    Mr. Mack is a person of trust don't have and don't pero a lot of friends but the short words and the time spent with him when was at his place was of good opportunity he is direct and straight if need or had to do something or anything for him i wouldn't think twice about it I'm still a novice in the game fowl World but if you read or pay attention to detail learning is always a possibility I'm visual learn by observation Mr.Del has more than any one of us can learn just by standing on his property the little time I spent there i learned a few things just by looking around at his pens fly, teepees, and pens he had.. Mr. Mack is one and only.

I agree with you from the beginning of our conversation I think 3 years ago i dont hesitate to get a pair of mugs and when I got it i knew it was different from other breed then start showing them and cross them in my lines with excellent result now I am breeding lots of them. Anyway you are very lucky to see Mr. Mack in person which I envy you..lol
    Last edited by Talbo; April 18th, 2018 at 11:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

40. Likes 808SAb0NGAddiCt, LJ15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyrj View Post
    NICE!! What are the parents & how old are they?

Post Thanks / Like

I just candled the eggs & 7 was able to develop. Seems like 2 more developed but died early. I hope the 7 makes it out. Cant wait til there due date

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 808SAb0NGAddiCt View Post
    I just candled the eggs & 7 was able to develop. Seems like 2 more developed but died early. I hope the 7 makes it out. Cant wait til there due date
    With shipped eggs it is a hit and miss. You do not know how the postal service handle the eggs along the way. Also we do not know which eggs are fertile or not. I wish you the best with them 7. 7 is better than nothing at all.

44. Thanks 808SAb0NGAddiCt thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJBen View Post
    With shipped eggs it is a hit and miss. You do not know how the postal service handle the eggs along the way. Also we do not know which eggs are fertile or not. I wish you the best with them 7. 7 is better than nothing at all.
    I was fully aware of this upon ordering eggs. I have read this whole thread & saw the results of the people that ordered eggs. Im fine with 7, I’d be fine with 2 pairs or even just a trio. Like you said its better than nothing at all. No problems here. This unique Mug blood of Del’s is a privilege to have in my yard. Happy mugging everybody. & thanks again Del.

46. Likes Nestor B., roostercm liked this post