Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stryctnine feeders

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stryctnine feeders

Chad, it must or might have been your Grandpa, or daddy that years ago had a pit right near rome or summerville, Ga., anyhow, it was a nice place but had plastic over the windows and they were all busted out where the people had jumped out, broke and ran back in the early 80's,,,,,used to go over there with Ratliff,,,even got a couple hatch hens from Bolen, must have been bates or leiper one or the other, but Strychnine is no differant than any other medicine, if you know what your plans are with it and your birds are healthy, however if you have half way healthy or birds on the sick side, nothing you do will work out correctly,,,,like Thompson, used strychnine in the early years but went away from it years down the road, as he determined there was no advantage, same as myself, when you start getting a good feed on the cocks, it's just another variable that you do not need,,,,,BRK
    Last edited by brownred kelso; January 16th, 2013 at 08:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aguazarca View Post
    I've done it both ways--just good feed and good care, no shots or pills. But I've also used stuff like Equipoise/Equigan/Tetosterone and I feel it does give them an edge.

I can't see how EQ can help in the sk or lk since it can end in seconds. Because the real results of the steroid that I see comes in the drag. And I mean drag in naked heels and tape boxing where rds lasts more than 20 mins, where the one on EQ goes on and on like the energizer bunny. Id Like to hear what you think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judo View Post
    I can't see how EQ can help in the sk or lk since it can end in seconds. Because the real results of the steroid that I see comes in the drag. And I mean drag in naked heels and tape boxing where rds lasts more than 20 mins, where the one on EQ goes on and on like the energizer bunny. Id Like to hear what you think.
    Judo, please tell me what is the proper anabolic and dosage to use on SK fowl. I use Equipoise to improve the athletic ability.

I also use it on race horses, and the race ends in seconds. It shouldn't be used for horseracing either?

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people feed it now a days I know how to feed it but I dont like it but if thats what you like do it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aguazarca View Post
    Judo, please tell me what is the proper anabolic and dosage to use on SK fowl. I use Equipoise to improve the athletic ability.

I also use it on race horses, and the race ends in seconds. It shouldn't be used for horseracing either?
    I have no experience in sk or lk only prior experience in naked heels or boxing. Fowls are trained harder and longer to prep for a show, because no fight is determined in seconds, only long hrs. Hard training and EQ does not make the naked heel/boxing birds quicker at the get go, instead they are able to maintain their energy and have a lot of endurance, absorb shocks, and keep moving under dangerous situations. Lol. The first few minutes are not as important as the drag because most fights drag on and on, and in the drag it is crucial to maintain energy and power.

I have seen knife videos and some fights are done after the first 2-3 buckles. I don't know if it is considered endurance or if endurance is a factor after just 2-3 buckles. So, what I'm saying is from my experience in the naked heel shows/boxing, I rely on EQ to help in the drag. And using EQ in naked heels/boxing, doesn't make the fowl any stronger or quicker during the first few buckles, in fact, can't even notice it in the first few minutes. A well conditioned fowl which have gone through a natural keep in naked heel can do the same in the first few minutes but when the tough gets going; 20, 30, 40 mins EQ keeps them goin.

I guess EQ in different fowls, different training methods, and different expectations produce different results.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Ok, Judo, thank you. That's interesting to read.

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t know why so much pain and dissent into one’s use of Strychnine. I’ve been getting a lot of correspondence lately either to obtain information on my methods for usage or questioning my reason for its usage. For this I am providing information on the subject as I have learned. Remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether we agree or disagree with it. It is what makes this sport so great. First of all let me say, your fowl are your property as any other livestock. What you do with your property is your business and I would not fault anyone with whatever treatment they use medically or otherwise.
    Strychnine is a poison, yes we all get that. However, just about any other medicine we take is also a poison in large doses just like strychnine. Now, a so called watered down formula may be helpful for certain ailments. Strengths: X is the highest strength at 1:10 ratio of active ingredient to inactive solution, C is the medium strength at 1:100 ratio and M is the lowest strength at 1:1000 ratio. I will not get into how we prepare our formula, nor where it is prepared, but it processed quite similar to as stated by Hatch Black in his post. Now, for the Extract of Nux Vomica sold by our advertisers in the journal is just that, a tincture or a watered down version with at times a poor shelf life. The label does not indicate a date of processing nor the expiration. For example, Sometime ago, I obtained a dropper bottle and gave certain fowl on a test basis almost daily with little to no effect, and a friend also obtained a dropper bottle from another store that may have been a fresh batch since his test ruined his cock to where the cock was delusional. This is why it has been determined by many users as “ hit and miss” on usage on game fowl.
    Nux Vomica is sold in nutrition/health food stores, some supermarkets, and online. It reduces nausea, upset stomach, and vomiting. It treats constipation by promoting digestion, relieves indigestion (dyspepsia), helps reduce sleeplessness (insomnia), reduces extreme sensitivity and irritability, reduces fever, etc., etc. Most major surgeries we encounter in our life requires anesthesia. Nux vomica is also used to reduce the impact of anesthesia to our system. In other words it brings us back to our normal self.
    Since Nux Vomica is in homeopathic form, it cannot harm you and there are no reported side effects from men & women who have used them. However, we should note that strychnine is an active ingredient of Nux Vomica that is diluted in the remedy. Strychnine by itself can be very poisonous and should not be taken in any other form other than in a homeopathic or doctor-recommended form such as Nux Vomica.
    Strychnine can get into the body by being inhaled or swallowed and even may be absorbed through the mouth or the eyes. Strychnine is not the most poisonous substance and need at least 50 mg to be fatal. However, it does initiate a violent death. In previous reading of the history of Adolf Hitler, it is noted that his private physician prescribed high doses of strychnine way above the ratio considered and documented to be fatal for a person. In any event, if someone engages in the use of strychnine for their fowl, care must be practiced. Have a good day folks, and remember we are all in this sport together.
    Last edited by Mudflop; January 17th, 2013 at 01:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Bolan View Post
    Machete gamefarm All I can say is you need to re-read my post, and if you are using pure strychnine mixed with some other stuff like I was showed how to mix it out of the pure powder( and I doubt you are unless you learned from the man who showed me) and a few other choice ingredients your the one full of BS! I don't think you have a clue as to what im using or how it affects the cocks im giving it to, cause if you did you would know it has the complete and opposite effect of Nux Vomica. I want argue the point with you as I could really care less what you think or believe! If im full of BS thats fine with me as long as the W's keep lining up on the board! And at the end of the day the only thing that matters is the W-W-W-W-W!!!
    well you obviously dont know **** about stryctnine you would know that it is found in a tree called nux vomica and your not only one winning! and yes ive experimented with every stryctnine in every form you can get! i find the only way to be 100% is using stryctnine based products as breco

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Grove View Post
    Ill say this and if your offended then so be it
    If you need strycnine or any other drug to win get
    Out of the buisness ...you are the people that give us a bad reputation
    If yourbirds need it pull thetr heads off...it sickens me to think people
    Use the stuff ...find you some GOOD fowl ive whipped alot of rooster that were on the stuff in hard fights with genuine game fowl the all natural way...if i got beat by it oh well atleast i know o didnt have to cheat for the W you dont deserve to feed good fowl if your going to dope them up with BS the **** love these type of folks
    sorry you feel this way my friend but a natural feeder only feeds feed nothing else no injections no pills nothing but feed right? Because stryctnine is just as natural as a shot of b12 or any thing else! it is not man made it is produced by a tree called nux vomica! now that is as natural as you can feed right? With that said it is a toxin that can harm fowl if to much is fed but at proper dosage will and i quote will increase hunger,aggression, and alertness in fowl it will also pro-long shock due to blood loss or hemoraging! now think about this next time you give your fowl a shot of b12 or whatever

Post Thanks / Like

Basically what im gettin out of this is that liquid has a shelf life n powder does not (or not as short) making the reliable source powder. Am I on the right track or thinking too hard? Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen good fowl show better with Strychnine and I've seen a show of aces spaced plum out on it. I guess if you don't have someone to show you how to properly use it you might as well show without it. Everyone knows that most of the big boys use it but they won't admit it. Maybe even all of them use it but to be honest I have an appreciation for the folks that just take care of their fowl and point them and let the birds do the talking. But now that's nothing against those that use it I just like seeing the birds fights fair and if the other guy don't know how to use it how can it be a fair fight? It can't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Low point View Post
    Basically what im gettin out of this is that liquid has a shelf life n powder does not (or not as short) making the reliable source powder. Am I on the right track or thinking too hard? Lol
    I'd say yes, but powder form of strait strychnine is in the form of granules and very dangerous to process as a single granule ingested could prove to be fatal. There are however powdered down versions available in the market. It is also available in pill form as well as liquid. The powdered down or watered down versions are known as Nux Vomica which includes other additives. Much safer to use with different available strengths. It still boils down the rationale for testing its usage. Once satisfactory results is obtained, the performance in its use is amazing. However, breeding for severe gameness in game fowl with proper care and conditioning results in satisfactory an at times amazing performances as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok folks here is how I came about and why I use strychnine. Back in the early 90's I became friends with a man named Kit Skeens, thru Kit I met a man by the name of Dean Eddy.thru friendship with Kit I had been gifted the Mcleans and Clarets, and also the same Mclean blood from Dean Eddy. I had as good a fowl as friendship could obtain and I could get a cock in as good a shape physical wise as anybody, but when it came to fight day I was just a contributer to the pot for the real rooster men, you know the one who are always winning or challenging all the time for the win. My best friend Newton Wade and I was on the way home from Sunset one Sunday and was discussing the event and talking about pointing and he said Chad If you ever gonna go somewhere in the game you gotta learn to point fowl. I was on the phone later that week and I was talking to Dean Eddy about pointing fowl and he suggested I call and talk to a man named Jack Smith of North Carolina. Little did I know that phone call would be the one phone call that changed my life when it came to gamefowl. I called and talked to Mr Jack as I came to call him numerous times and after hours of phone calls, letter exchanged, and several trips to North Carolina I finally got a letter in the mail from Jack saying he would show me how to feed and point fowl as long as I would keep my mouth shut and my ears open do as I was told and to this I agreed. Now my good friend Newton Wade the year before had bred one of my Kit Skeens Mclean cocks to his green legged sweater hens, daughters out of this where bred to another Mclean cock producing 3/4 mclean 1/4 green legged sweater. I had 28 brothers and with these cocks I set out to put what I had learned from Jack Smith to use. I took the 28 brothers and was in the money 17 times out of 24 derbys entered that year! I carried 21 of the brothers to 3 years old and I won another 11 out of 14 derbys entered and at the end of the season 6 of these brothers had won 66 fights making all 6 11 time winners apiece in major competition 4 other brothers won 9 fights apiece and all were fed on strychnine just like I was taught to feed it 10 below 0 or 105 in the shade it didn't matter and the results were the same. Not only was I winning I was winning quick most fights over and done in 3 pittings or less. I will never forget the day Newton and I was at Frank Martins establishment in Ky, we had just won 10 straight that day, Frank came over and said son I don't know who showed you how to point those cocks you been fielding but you better go home and thank him, they are throwing everything at them including the kitchen sink and still can't whip'em, we got best rooster of the meet that day. I am now 15 years into what I call the Jack program and the results have stayed the same, even though the fowl has changed. Like I said Jack Smith changed my life I guess you could say I hit the lottery in the cockfighting world, as I found a great feeder who was willing to pass on what he had learned to me and it changed my life forever and to him I will forever be indebted for what he done for me he took a contributer and made him a winner on a consistent basis. BRK no disrespect but until what im doing stops working I ain't changing a thing Jack showed me as I have been feeding it to long on the same fowl and I know just what advantages it gives me and none of them have been mentioned in any of the above post and I just prefer to keep that info to myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflop View Post
    I'd say yes, but powder form of strait strychnine is in the form of granules and very dangerous to process as a single granule ingested could prove to be fatal. There are however powdered down versions available in the market. It is also available in pill form as well as liquid. The powdered down or watered down versions are known as Nux Vomica which includes other additives. Much safer to use with different available strengths. It still boils down the rationale for testing its usage. Once satisfactory results is obtained, the performance in its use is amazing. However, breeding for severe gameness in game fowl with proper care and conditioning results in satisfactory an at times amazing performances as well.
    Looks just like raw sugar just white in color instead of brown and yes its the granules that you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually in the keep i dont use injections of any kind nor pills nothing that alters my fowl the most i do os rotations and bench work and tweek thr feed if my fowl need injectables to win ill find some that dont ive been more successful takeing them straight off tie cord and pointing them out..as i said people that feel the need to use drugs and a hundred other injectables to fight there fowl simply prove the ***,s right ...as there favorite phrase is they "they shoot there birds up with this and that to make them fight"
    Some people can continue to add fuel to the *** fire and make medicore fowl decent with injections....i choose to make good fowl better with selectio....so far the wins come more often than the loses
    Last edited by Grey_Grove; January 17th, 2013 at 07:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a good story chad I liked it...I have never used it but enjoy reading about new things.....
    I know if you give strychnine to a frog it increases muscle response....does it do the same in a chicken?

Post Thanks / Like

Actually in the keep i dont use injections of any kind nor pills nothing that alters my fowl the most i do os rotations and bench work and tweek thr feed if my fowl need injectables to win ill find some that dont ive been more successful takeing them straight off tie cord and pointing them out..as i said people that feel the need to use drugs and a hundred other injectables to fight there fowl simply prove the ***,s right ...as there favorite phrase is they "they shoot there birds up with this and that to make them fight"
    Some people can continue to add fuel to the *** fire and make medicore fowl decent with injections....i choose to make good fowl better with selectio....so far the wins come more often than the loses
    I can tell just by the above post you have not tested many fowl in major competition. This is total and complete Bullllllllll ****ttttttt!!!!! There is no magic shot, magic pill, etc etc out there any rooster man worth his salt knows that. Their is no injection that will make an average cock an ace he will always be average. I don't know of a single rooster man thats winning on the major circuit and not giving something atleast vitamins of some sort etc etc. Like I said I have been on the bottom and I know other than making fowl better thru selection which is what every rooster man is trying to do, a mans goal is to set down a consistent show of sharp cocks in as near perfect flesh and moisture as possible. And I know for a fact a very big part of that is optimum health achieved thru the use of vitamins and supplements in the pre-keep and keep along with 365 days of fresh water and quality feed.

Post Thanks / Like

Chad dont quit your day job your judgement is ****....ive showed in major comp quite a few timez 440 and del rio to name a few also i have beat several of the well knkwn breeders here locally ive set dow. Fowk that have made veterans jaws drop and never usrd injections like styctnine i do give vitamins year round and feel if you keep your fowl in optimum health year round then there is really no need to over do it for two weeks i have give b vitamins in pill form
    I dont have world beaters but i only hope to keep them game and able

Post Thanks / Like

I have used powered form of strychnine as well as liquid. The powdered form is diluted before use to reduce the strength. I have not done it, but watched how was done. I have never heard of it being injected other than medically for patients in health care facilities. I do not constantly use it on all my shows, but if and when it is used, it is never used on short bred, uncared for fowl. It will never work. Fowl must be well bred and in supreme health in order to benefit from it. It is an appetite stimulant as well as a muscle reactor by stimulation of the central nervous system. In my observations it also tends to dry up fowl a bit and requires constant monitoring as well as pecking with peck food. After the show all fowl used or not must be fed to prevent dehydration. I too use several vitamins and supplement food items and stay away from injections as much as possible. But obtain an edge is all we are trying to do when showing against deep pockets. I first heard of this method from a Vet in NC as well. I then got a Pharmacist friend to help me with it. He has since retired and no longer living in my area which makes it harder to obtain nowadays.

Post Thanks / Like

And if people didnt think stryctnine and othet such things improved their fowl they wouldnt use
    Them point blank simple as that...like i said if i felt the need to improve
    My fowl with poisons and shots(even things like red viper) i wouldnt breed them if they cant get it done on good care alone they are bad example of game cocks....i think people become to desperate for the win when they turn to these "performance enhancers" and theyve lost site of the joy of this sport which is seeing your bird give it all god gave him win loose or draw....not all god gave him and wat little the, "enhancer" added
    Last edited by Grey_Grove; January 17th, 2013 at 10:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

like both arguments ! both have good points.... point is that if you know how to use it and feel it helps use it if not don't.... i think its best for "my" fowl to not get into this since i do not know how to use it...... maybe i can give the idea insight if i ever encounter a chance to learn about the usage of the product

Post Thanks / Like

Chad dont quit your day job your judgement is ****....ive showed in major comp quite a few timez 440 and del rio to name a few also i have beat several of the well knkwn breeders here locally ive set dow. Fowk that have made veterans jaws drop and never usrd injections like styctnine i do give vitamins year round and feel if you keep your fowl in optimum health year round then there is really no need to over do it for two weeks i have give b vitamins in pill form
    I dont have world beaters but i only hope to keep them game and able
    We show in major competition every time we show and anybody can show up and win a fight here and there. Im talking about being in the the money or a fight out every week on a consistent basis. Big difference big difference, you got a lot to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree i do have alot to learn and am always willng to do so but usring stryctnine is one thing i dont want to learn u seem to know a good bit and im sure you could teach me some things ...on this subject lets agree to disagree....and i hope you can share some knowledge with me personally in other areas

Post Thanks / Like

Strychnine

If anyone wants to learn how to feed using stryctnine, hormones, or having trouble with pointing and or moisture control... I can help you just pm or email me coreyjameselkins@yahoo.com you can also find me on Facebook under Machetegamefarm

25. Thanks SBGamefarm thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To mudflop and chad, thanks for the reply. When showing becomes lagal again and feeding strichnine would u cut feed at a later time than normal, feed more, and keep em wet untill the big day? This still leaves dosage completely unaswered so hopefully I can get a response on at least the stated. Or a "almost" or "not even close" would slightly satisfy my curiosity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MacheteGameFarm View Post
    I was always a believer in Stryctnine and I'm curios of how many people rely on it like me!
    Keep on believing buddy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is red viper stryctnine? I've seen an entry that was always n easy draw use it and win two shows. His birds were tough and strong. Now I've won without it, small timer that i am,but it did make me take notice when these guys got tough?

Post Thanks / Like

Again, in my opinion, if you don't use gloves and a mask......it ain't the real thing. If you send all these stuffs they sell in a book to a lab to check what exactly it is, and it turns out to be the real stuff.....then I will change my view. But for now.....maybe sugar water it should be called.....with a touch of food coloring...lol. If it doesn't turn out to be what it says.......that means.....wow, you had monsters to start out with......good moisture control....that seemed like they were on something but wasn't....lol. Good job feeder....it was you and not the crutch.

Post Thanks / Like

Ill say this and if your offended then so be it
    If you need strycnine or any other drug to win get
    Out of the buisness ...you are the people that give us a bad reputation
    If yourbirds need it pull thetr heads off...it sickens me to think people
    Use the stuff ...find you some GOOD fowl ive whipped alot of rooster that were on the stuff in hard fights with genuine game fowl the all natural way...if i got beat by it oh well atleast i know o didnt have to cheat for the W you dont deserve to feed good fowl if your going to dope them up with BS the **** love these type of folks
    theres nothimg wrong with feeding stryctnine...Are you just trying to discourage others because you dont wanna get whipped? Huh whipped in the first pitting because someone fed stryctnine and he kills you on your score?
    I dont see nothin wrong with having you chickens a little fired up! But its junk right and thats what gave us a bad name? BS if you really want to know what hurt us the most it would be the knife! Im not against it but this is what everybody talks about...they tie knives on those poor chickens and they slach each other to death... I never heard a politician or **** person say hey we gotta stop these guys theyre feeding stryctnine to chickens!!! And hey if you never tried it or cant win with it thats your bussiness but down others that can my freind!

Post Thanks / Like

You can tell if it is the real deal by observing your fowl. Like I stated it is an appetite stimulant. If you don't see them eat before and after you will not know if it is working. If you see and by their feel, that they are drying up faster than normal then it has to be working. If you see them staring at the lights, then you know you over did it. As far as strength: Strengths: X is the highest strength at 1:10 ratio of active ingredient to inactive solution, C is the medium strength at 1:100 ratio and M is the lowest strength at 1:1000 ratio.

In processing for use on the strong side, we take 4 grains of strychnine, it is then placed into a small mixing test tube. Then add 10 drachms of distilled water then cap the test tube and dissolve the strychnine thoroughly then adding a few drops of diluted hydrochloric acid. Afterwards we then add alcohol, a sufficient quantity to make the whole measure 20 fluid drachms. From this combination it is further broken down by each fluid drachms into ½ fluid oz of liquid. Remember breathing or having the strychnine grain penetrate the person’s skin or ingested could be fatal. Therefore processing is best left to the experts.

Every thing used as a medicine in today's world is a poison when compounded. Even sleeping pills, pain killers, even booze. There is a limit for everything and different people have different reaction. Same as game fowl. Especially when they are not super healthy.

I did not learn my alphabets when I was born, I had to learn them by practice. (*-*)