Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinnon Hatch Farms

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnon Hatch Farms

Has anyone ever purchased Pinnon Hatch(s) from Bruce Jones of Pinnon Hatch Farms? And whats the fighting style of these Pinnon Hatch? Theres so many variations of Hatchs now a days its soo hard to tell what is what!

Post Thanks / Like
    Never owned one of their fowl. Have talked to him about the fowl. Real nice man. He told me their bloodlines were started by his Grandfather many, many years ago. They have continued the same patterns started by his Grandfather. They should work out fine. Let us know how they work if you buy some from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnon Hatch Farms

Save your money i bought ylh from him 2 years ago ended up giving it away to the kids complete garbage and a waste of time in my honest opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coltscon3 View Post
    Save your money i bought ylh from him 2 years ago ended up giving it away to the kids complete garbage and a waste of time in my honest opinion
    Right on brah! I'll keep that in mind. Do you know any good farms in mainland that will ship to Hawaii and have good birds?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smokinokie View Post
    Never owned one of their fowl. Have talked to him about the fowl. Real nice man. He told me their bloodlines were started by his Grandfather many, many years ago. They have continued the same patterns started by his Grandfather. They should work out fine. Let us know how they work if you buy some from them.
    Well i keep hearing that Bruce Jones is not as good of a breeder as his Grandfather. So i'm probably not gonna buy any of his birds. Where else is a good farm to purchase from and are willing to ship to Hawaii? Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

My friend ordered ylh chicks from them two years ago and tested the pure cocks this year in american shows performed well for pure cocks

Post Thanks / Like

I have had some of Bruce Jones birds....Dont waste your money....He should have left the breeding of gamefowl to his Grandfather... I had some of his liepers and some of his clarets...I culled both of them...I know a guy that sells good birds...I dont know if he ships to the islands or not...I will talk to him and if he is willing to ship I will send you his info...He has very good hatch birds....German , McLean, and Penny hatch..All good birds..I have his Pennys and McLeans...Dont have his germans but I have talked to a few people that have them..they all liked them too...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Pinnon Hatch Farms

Quote Originally Posted by Buckscocks View Post
    I have had some of Bruce Jones birds....Dont waste your money....He should have left the breeding of gamefowl to his Grandfather... I had some of his liepers and some of his clarets...I culled both of them...I know a guy that sells good birds...I dont know if he ships to the islands or not...I will talk to him and if he is willing to ship I will send you his info...He has very good hatch birds....German , McLean, and Penny hatch..All good birds..I have his Pennys and McLeans...Dont have his germans but I have talked to a few people that have them..they all liked them too...
    What was wrong with the clarets other than being a little short legged and mean??I've got some that's why I'm asking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw greys View Post
    My friend ordered ylh chicks from them two years ago and tested the pure cocks this year in american shows performed well for pure cocks
    Does your friend have any pictures of the pure cocks that he ordered? And hows their fighting style, can you give me any more info ? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckscocks View Post
    Thanks, let me know if he sells chicks

Post Thanks / Like

I raise the old time Harold Brown hatch.... if i waz gonna purchase Pinnon YL get it from Bill Covington of Rambler Farms NC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TRIPLECFARMS View Post
    I raise the old time Harold Brown hatch.... if i waz gonna purchase Pinnon YL get it from Bill Covington of Rambler Farms NC
    Thanks, but i emailed Rambler Farms and they don't ship to Hawaii!

Post Thanks / Like

Rambler farms do ship to Hawaii. My friend got a trio from them last season. Just had to go thru a broker.

Post Thanks / Like

I think bill and bruce are brothers or kin somehow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TurboSohc View Post
    Rambler farms do ship to Hawaii. My friend got a trio from them last season. Just had to go thru a broker.
    You mean like an agent to get birds over here? I see! Yeah, cause i called Bill to order some chicks. And he said, "he does not want to deal with the paperwork anymore, and hes a small operation and now only ships to the 48 states" oh well!...LoL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSpurinFarm View Post
    How are Bruce's birds? Are they any good? Got any pictures of the birds you bought from him?

Post Thanks / Like

No kin Bruce doesn't have his grandfathers fowl like he calms just a peddler making a living off his grandfathers name!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john barrocan View Post

i wont never get a YLH...instead went for this proven charlie johnson albany direct...straight comb as real as they come...im crossin this to canadian WH for the SH...these albany's are better than YLH in my opinion.
    Nice bird! You got a link to charlie johnsons gamefarm or a web page?

Post Thanks / Like

ive got bruce's clarets,albanys,greys sofar so good.i had some ylh didnt care for them.I will say i dont think he's much of a breeder.the birds just need to be in the hands of someone who knows what to look for in selecting brood fowl.if you ever look at his website pic he breeds alot of stags and pullets.

Post Thanks / Like

ive got bruce's clarets,albanys,greys sofar so good.i had some ylh didnt care for them.I will say i dont think he's much of a breeder.the birds just need to be in the hands of someone who knows what to look for in selecting brood fowl.if you ever look at his website pic he breeds alot of stags and pullets.
    Yeah i saw that! Do you know if he ever competed in the Slaher Cup Derby in Philippines? Just was wondering

Post Thanks / Like

Steel I have seen Bruce fowl in his website and they look very healthy. From the fowl you mentioned above which one do you like the most? What crosses have worked for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my YLH Pinnon Gamefarm... I got this pair of YLH direct from Bruce Jones of Pinnon Hatch gamefarm last February 2011.

Here is the Spar Video of my Pure YLH after moulting VS his son

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKY3vx8azT0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKY3vx8azT0[/ame]

Here is another one YLH ( Left Side ) VS Gilmore/RH

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygg9YbqxJRI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygg9YbqxJRI[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

ylh srt8 comb/claret has seem to be good throw alot of feet.blueface/reg grey another good cross.and i blended the albany blood with albany blood.I don't think he shows any of his birds.i know every thing ive got from him has been pure.Ive got some pics in the gallery.my avatar is one of mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_808 View Post
    Does your friend have any pictures of the pure cocks that he ordered? And hows their fighting style, can you give me any more info ? Thanks
    No my friend is old school doesnt even have a cell phone , they are agressive ,break good , throw alot of feet and dont look for a bill hold only problem i saw with them is once they have the other cock cut down they kind of lose intrest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw greys View Post
    No my friend is old school doesnt even have a cell phone , they are agressive ,break good , throw alot of feet and dont look for a bill hold only problem i saw with them is once they have the other cock cut down they kind of lose intrest
    Nice! Well, i'm still thinking about purchasing chicks from Bruce Jones! We see, thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

When I see sparring of the birds going head first looking to get a bill-hold, that's a big NO-NO for me. I can't use them in my breeding program. I like birds that will go feet out & head back on their first 3 buckles before any bill-holding.

Post Thanks / Like

i plan on ordering a dozen or 2 of his clarets... anybody have any feed back on the Clarets from Bruce??? I wouldnt mind trying his YLH but ive heard alot of things about them that dont pertain to my likings... im interested in his claret blood line .. i noticed in his pictures that it showed a yellow legged claret... the clarets ive seen were whitelegged ??? any info woulld be helpful though ...

Post Thanks / Like

That video of the father son pinnion ylh says it all for me, matched into a good cock they would have been as good as dead, both of them looked like they where going to butt heads trying to beat each other to a bill..But I wish you guys the best and its just my honest observation and opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

thats what i didnt like about them, stay on the ground going for a bill hold ..... i like them going in feet first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whitehackle22 View Post
    i plan on ordering a dozen or 2 of his clarets... anybody have any feed back on the Clarets from Bruce??? I wouldnt mind trying his YLH but ive heard alot of things about them that dont pertain to my likings... im interested in his claret blood line .. i noticed in his pictures that it showed a yellow legged claret... the clarets ive seen were whitelegged ??? any info woulld be helpful though ...
    hi friend i was born and raised in WV, i had dealings with bruce jones and he is a great gentlemen to talk to. i had the claret fowl and they come short legged, man fighters. they throw lots of feet but lack any real power. he seems like a very fair man BUT i dont think the birds he has was passed down to him. i think bruce had to purchase them from his own grandfathers auction. i heard that old man herman was a great cocker but a pure crook also and that when he died that his fowl was auctioned off. i think bruce could use a better breeding program instead of just breeding numbers to get his birds where they need to be
    Last edited by SBGamefarm; October 29th, 2012 at 03:46 PM.